Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 328

Author Topic: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Epilogue B  (Read 204754 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Wonderful Blessing IC Thread: Chapter 9: We're Not Gonna Take It
« Reply #4710 on: March 22, 2022, 08:45:52 pm »

"Mephistopheles."

Keith gave him a slight respectful nod. He might not have looked too powerful, but he could feel it.

"Look dude, we didn't really 'defeat' most of them so much as talk to 'em. Hell, we have two of them with us right now, and two Goddesses. We're just trying to get the mess Freya caused sorted out - and that includes trying to revive the actual Demon Lord. No offense, but we know you only took up that title out of respect for Demogorgia."

He might have been tipping his hand early, but he felt leading with things he shouldn't be able to know was the quickest path to proving he had some idea of what was going on.

"I'm as eager to fight as anybody, but it ain't you I'm wanting to punch right now. So let's figure some things out before it comes to that, OK?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: March 23, 2022, 03:45:08 pm »

Mephistopheles clenches his staff. Though he has a slight smile on his face, the tone of his voice and the intensifying of his presence makes it clear; he's restraining centuries of fury.
"So. You know the story. And yet you side with Goddesses. The liars. The decievers. The ones who stood by as that witch had my Queen murdered."
"And you claim to be here to resurrect my lady? With a GODLING? After all they've done to me and my people?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: March 23, 2022, 07:05:27 pm »

"Dude, not all of them were responsible for what happened. We know Freya's at fault, and so is Pyra. Megara too maybe, she's the Goddess of war so I can see her having some stake in keeping humans and demons at each other's throats, though she tried to claim she didn't care. And we never ran into Gaia so I can't say one way or the other on her. But Serena and Borea were completely blameless from the start, and Rhea is trying to help us fix this too."

After a moment, Keith held out his hand.

"I'm making you a simple offer. You want revenge? Then join us and get your revenge on the ones that deserve it. And once we've gotten the truth out of Freya, we get Demogorgia back and we figure out how we're going to make things right from now on."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: March 23, 2022, 08:20:51 pm »

Mephistopheles considers his words. For a moment, Keith is pretty sure he might have gotten through, even a little bit.

He steps back from Keith, shaking his head. He even slaps Keith's hand away.
"....you're lying. You're lying. There's....it can't be that simple."
"You....you can't seriously believe...that all of this can just be let go. These.....so-called goddesses, they ruined everything. They took my lady from m-from everyone who needed her. You're asking me to let everything go, thousands of years of all of this? Based on a promise? Where was this offer thousands of years ago when this all started? Before we had all the goddess' creations being sold filthy lies about my lady? You understand nothing, vampire!"

Mephistopheles laughs almost psychotically.

"I stood by my lady, my dear lady for years, helping her pursue the peace she wanted. She wanted nothing more than happiness between demons and mortals. And for that, your adventurers cut her down. But you knew that already, didn't you? But it's all history to you. All facts you've detached yourselves from."
"I had to watch it happen. Her, smiling at me. Promising that this would all be over when they signed accords to make peace with the goddesses' people. Her, promising to take me to see the world that she admired so much. Her, full of life, living it as she deserved and having it taken from her. I had to watch the light drain from my lady's eyes! I held her in my arms as she bled out, as I tried to heal her wounds and couldn't, because I was weak! As she made me swear to try to uphold what she believed in, and yet I couldn't do even that! Because your adventurers slew her when we broke bread together and promised a better world for everybody! And you expect me to just let it go?!"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: March 24, 2022, 09:14:56 am »

"Keith MPMH being VERY reasonable with you. He is like MPMH one who likes to fight the most. And yet you refuse MPMH believe there are good folks out there?"
"Tell me. How MPHM times was your kind seen in a negative view, the whole 'they are all evil and want to kill us' MPMH kind of stuff? It is unfair for folks MPHM see demons in such way, right?"
"It isn't the truth, and we know that. So why would MPMH refuse to believe there are goddess who weren't involved MPMH this mess? Keith isn't asking MPMH you 'let go' of it either. As a matter of MPMH, he invited you to get the revenge on the correct foes."
"If you choose MPMH attack us, you won't accomplish anything, as the real MPMH are hiding. Probably plotting something MPMH get rid of both us and demons at the same time, if MMPH to guess. They weren't very happy with MPMH 'meddling' to say the least."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4715 on: March 24, 2022, 06:13:38 pm »

"You are weak in the mind as well as weak in power if you continue like this. You said it yourself, did you not? Your lady instructed you to make peace with us, and yet you snarl at us like a dog for offering you a meal. Stand down or we will treat you like the rabid cur you play at being! It makes no difference to us, we shall revive Demagorgia and defeat Freya with or without your aid."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: March 24, 2022, 06:28:16 pm »

Mephistopheles scoffs.
"Do you not believe I tried? You, spawn of a godling....I tried that first. But your side, your people kept blaming us for the war. Saying that that Cecil....the man you have a statue of, celebrate like some sort of hero....he wouldn't have cut her down if he didn't have a reason. That WE were betraying YOU. I tried to salvage her vision and for what? To be blamed for your crimes?"
"You have godlings on your side. Half of you were summoned or created by godlings. Why should I believe you?"
"I know your pain, Lord Mephistopheles. My sisters.....they've always treated me like a scapegoat too. But....this isn't the answer. Believe that we're trying to fix everything. I know it's hard to change just in a flash, it took me this entire journey to realise it, but it can be done."

Mephistopheles just stares at the ground.
"Am I supposed to just....sit down and pretend like your kind hasn't treated us like the enemy for centuries? To just....redirect my anger, after all that was done?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4717 on: March 24, 2022, 06:48:33 pm »

"Crush those who deserve crushing. We plead with you not to forget your mistreatment, but turn your wrath to the ones truly responsible so they may be cast down and ground into the dirt as they deserve!" Shoes stomped a foot. "You think I have any love for the one who spawned me, with this lust for blood and war, and placed me in such a worthless situation for her own amusement? I have not had centuries with which to forge my hate, it seethes molten and hot. Stand with me, or lie at my feet. Our feet. Punish the wicked and foolish, or join them. It is your choice."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: March 24, 2022, 07:04:44 pm »

"Am I supposed to just....sit down and pretend like your kind hasn't treated us like the enemy for centuries? To just....redirect my anger, after all that was done?"
"That's how peace is achieved."
"It takes all sides involved to swallow their pride and their suffering so a future desired by everyone involved can be achieved."
"Sure, humans might not have nearly suffered as much as your kind did. That is a bitter pill to swallow for you."
"But the alternative is doing things that makes humans feel justified in continuing to hunt down your kind."
"We did you wrong, but you have continued the cycle just as much as humans did while Freya mocked all of us all that time in the background. She mocked us for being her puppets."
"Now, do you want to dance according to a puppeteer's whims, or do you want to cut the strings and finally grasp your own destiny? Whatever you choose..."

Yliss draws her blade calmly.

"We have cut our puppet strings, and we will teach demonkind to do the same. With or without your help. I promise you, however, that your life will not be ended by our hands. It will be demonkind that will judge you. Not us."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: March 24, 2022, 07:55:44 pm »

Keith stepped forward and offered his hand again.

"If nothing else, at least fight with us first. Let's join forces to take out Freya, instead of fighting each other and wasting our energy so she has an easy time picking up the pieces. After she's dealt with, after all is said and done, if you still want to fight humans, then I'll fight you. We're just asking you for a chance before that. That's all."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: March 24, 2022, 08:46:03 pm »

"Please, don't MPMH reckless. Even if you MNPMH want to trust us, at least MPMH this to be against the goddesses who EXPECT you to fight us."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: March 25, 2022, 07:06:23 am »

Mephistopheles simply stares right at Keith, visibly trembling with barely restrained rage.

"...."
"You....you are naive. But.....no human in thousands of years has even attempted....to try to understand. Even now, I still hear her asking me to be patient with you. Even now, after all this time...."

The red fades from Mephistopheles' eyes. He begins to reach for Keith's hand.

"Maybe..."

Suddenly, the conversation is interrupted, as a disheveled demon stumbles onto the group, looking beaten up and singed. Mephistopheles glances at him.

"Eligor. What happened to you?"
"My lord! An army is at our doorstep! They're.....they're trying to break down the barrier! I fear it might not hold! They're being led by a woman in white!"

Mephistopheles' voice rumbles with anger.
"Freya...."
"If you mean your word, vampire, you will come with me. You and your companions. If not, I will strike you down here and now. She must've known I could come here...."

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: March 25, 2022, 07:57:14 am »

Momotarou had a hunch... and it just got confirmed.

"Well... that's one foreboding feeling hitting spot on. Figured the head-bitch-in-charge would finally make her move."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: March 25, 2022, 11:18:20 am »

"Either MPMH thinks we are fighting and feels like this is her opportunity MPMH strike us...or she is just MPMH desperate to get this done with."
"Would be easy for MPHH to rally nearby folks against you if she spotted us fighting as well-but dunno MPMH far she planned. Either way she is going to get MPMH she deserves."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: March 26, 2022, 10:25:25 am »

"Huh. Gotta admit, rather cunning of her. Just one tiny issue..."
"That bitch basically put a spotlight on herself now."
"Let's go, Team F plus Demons!"
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 328