Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Divine Spirits: Tick 5: How Rude  (Read 6675 times)

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Spirits: Tick 2: Let there be Life! (And also Death)
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2019, 07:16:38 am »

The Seraph's Cloak appears before all Wheel Angel tribes (mostly via illusions) and speaks.

"Greetings to the angelic host. Cut's attack was a meaningless tragedy that I wish I could have averted. However, it did carry a valuable lesson: not even the gods can perfectly protect you from our peers. While the Faithful's trust is appreciated, completely protecting you from the other gods is beyond even my power.

"However, the Fighters are not trusting enough. Self-reliance is a virtue, but I will protect you to the best of my ability. To shield you from harm is my duty as your god.

"I shall place a monument to the fallen in the center of your territory to properly memorialize those who perished in the battle.

"On a happier note, I have advice regarding the path you should take..."

They then spoke for several hours, advocating forming settlements for farming and defense, explaining proper construction and farming technique (irrigation, crop rotation for improved "soil" quality, and the like), and finally telling the angels how to use astrology for self-improvement advice.

Take a large shield from the ground, carve the names of the fallen wheel angels onto it, and place it upright in the center of wheel angel territory as a memorial.
Spread knowledge of agriculture, construction, and astrology among the wheel angels.
Tell the wheel angels to build fortified settlements for self-defense and farming.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2019, 04:27:20 pm »

Bazalith speaks to the Night terror imps through their dreams of course
"My lovely Imps, i need you to gather all the living dreams you can get your hands on, i heard the wheel angels have been researching them so they can harm you which in my opinion is a horrible thing don't you agree, so i also request you to get rid of any research they have found out behind it"
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2019, 04:04:19 am »

[Rin the Immortal]

Rin finds the food to be meager. The solution: More, more. More quantity, more size.
Rin uses 2 Essence and 1 Spirit to make the Basic Labyrinth Ecology.
Once done, Rin chomps down on some Pack Spiders and Drool Newts. Yep. Better than wall fungus.
Rin then scurries off, wandering her labyrinth once more.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2019, 06:43:17 am »

"My lovely Imps, i need you to gather all the living dreams you can get your hands on, i heard the wheel angels have been researching them so they can harm you which in my opinion is a horrible thing don't you agree, so i also request you to get rid of any research they have found out behind it"
"To suppress the knowledge of how to fight your imps is, in the end, a fool's errand. Even if you succeed here and now, some other mortals will learn how to slay them.

"While I do not wish to wage a war over this, I cannot allow the suppression of methods for my followers to defend themselves. Perhaps we can resolve the conflict between our peoples and thereby remove the motive to develop anti-imp weapons? It would lead to considerably fewer deaths on both sides."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2019, 12:34:05 am »

"To suppress the knowledge of how to fight your imps is, in the end, a fool's errand. Even if you succeed here and now, some other mortals will learn how to slay them.

"While I do not wish to wage a war over this, I cannot allow the suppression of methods for my followers to defend themselves. Perhaps we can resolve the conflict between our peoples and thereby remove the motive to develop anti-imp weapons? It would lead to considerably fewer deaths on both sides."

"Would you mind if I propose something myself? The way I see it, is that if either the Wheel Angels or the Night Terror Imps had an advantage over the other side, it would cause imbalance between both species. I say we give the Wheel Angels a way to fight the Imps. But not something that would grant them an advantage, but instead a method that would allow them to fight on equal footing, ignoring racial abilities and only relying on the individual's strenghts."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2019, 12:40:04 am »

Unheeding of all this nonsense, the Eye spends 6 essence to create a race of semi-corporeal mortals made of ghostly colour. They can move through solid objects for about the length of time a human can hold its breath. They also sleep, but do not dream. Their biology functions through flows of various colours, which have individual functions; perhaps orange digests food and red serves as blood, or maybe green transmits what in normal animals would be nerve impulses. It's not important what the specific colours are.

At some point during all this, the Eye also spends ten power to set random fires across the moon's surface, burning interesting patterns into the ground which shall be visible from Swordshield.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2019, 03:36:35 am »

Quote from: ShadowDragon

all I can promise you as little blood shed is possible, the instant they tried to use my own gift to all mortals to kill the mortals I personally made was an insult to me, they should be happy I didn't decide to give them nightmares for the rest of there lives but instead all i want is the research into killing my precious mortals using my gift to be destroyed is a simple demand, besides my imps haven't caused any deaths with there feeding
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2019, 04:15:12 am »

"Would you mind if I propose something myself? The way I see it, is that if either the Wheel Angels or the Night Terror Imps had an advantage over the other side, it would cause imbalance between both species. I say we give the Wheel Angels a way to fight the Imps. But not something that would grant them an advantage, but instead a method that would allow them to fight on equal footing, ignoring racial abilities and only relying on the individual's strenghts."
"Is this not essentially what Bazalith is opposing? Well, your proposal would be acceptable if he agrees."
Quote from: ShadowDragon

all I can promise you as little blood shed is possible, the instant they tried to use my own gift to all mortals to kill the mortals I personally made was an insult to me, they should be happy I didn't decide to give them nightmares for the rest of there lives but instead all i want is the research into killing my precious mortals using my gift to be destroyed is a simple demand, besides my imps haven't caused any deaths with there feeding
"I see. As our goals cannot be reconciled, war is inevitable. May it be a lukewarm one."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2019, 08:39:12 pm »

Tick 3: GOOOOOOOOOOAL!

Lily attempts to shatter the crystal the Blood Crystal with an inkling of Power! This attempt fails, and the projectile continues on its moonward course. Meanwhile, Rin directs additional blasts at the inside of the moon to give advantage to the poor hunted Lilrins. These blasts are poorly timed. As nobody seems particularly interested in stopping the projectile aside from token resistance, it slams directly into Rin's Labyrinth! With the intentional weakening of the inner tunnels, there are countless cave-ins caused by the moon-shaking impact. The atmosphere and moons did little to soften the blow. Naturally, the Titan Weasels that had been living in unreinforced natural caves are devastated by this rather swift change in geography. Many are buried by cave ins across the moon. The other races of Rin's Labyrinth are effected to a lesser extent, having less standard settlements. A major crater is currently on the far side of the moon, containing what remains of the crystal. (Lily 1P, Rin 4P)

Cut demands Lily's worship, as she gives a speech to the Weasels. The implications of such a relationship will be something for future theologians to discuss. The blood merchant follows this by threatening to boycott the Weasels should they turn towards Cut. Tanact attempts to tell the Weasels that they should be shared, but is stopped by Lily getting possessive of the creatures. Throughout this squabble, the Weasels are busying themselves responding to their current crises. (Lily -1P)

The Seraph's Cloak gives a speech to his creation regarding Cut's actions. Around this time, many Wheel Angels experience the unpleasant sensation of being combined eye-to-eye by a sharp implement, forming a pair of wheels. Folders experience a much more pleasant phenomena, and begin shooting lasers out of their eyes allowing them to cut things at a distance. The cause of these mishaps is obvious to any casual observer. The memorial is placed without further incident, and the God gives advice for a more farming-based society. The Faithful tend to take the advice to heart, and start on the transition to farm-based societies. Meanwhile the Fighters distrust this advice, continuing the old ways. Folders are too busy shooting things with eye lasers to listen to lectures.

Bazalith warns the NTIs of the Fighter's attempts to fight them, and suggests they steal memories and living dreams to halt the early development of anti-imp warfare. This technique is assisted by a sleeping curse that falls over the Wheel Angels, allowing the Imps to move about and take what they please. However they have difficulties finding their actual targets. They report being unable to find anyone who could be considered a "researcher", and the Living Dreams they find seem to be generated over the course of the Sleeping Curse.

Rin adds to the ecology so...thoughtfully crafted by Rut. Slimecap quickly become popular among the more intelligent races as a weapon, coating the primitive weapons for use in their territorial fighting against the other races. Likewise the Droolnewt thrives, with few choosing to hunt the creature due to the danger it possess. Most intelligent creatures prefer following them to the locations slimecap grow, using them as an indicator of sorts. Most tend to avoid the Pack Spiders, while there are a few attempts at domesticating them by copying the dueling behavior hunters sometimes observe by chance, in the attempt to make themselves at the top of the hierarchy. There has, thusfar, been little success. (Rin -2E, 1S)

The Eye graces the world with a colorful bunch of mortals! With their biological processes dictated by color, it is natural that they have taken an affinity for the arts. As with the others, they have developed a hunter-gatherer society. Using simple plant-based dyes, clay, and crushed-up-shiny-pointy-things, they make their mark on their own territory with cave-painting style art. Their inability to dream causes the Imps to avoid the species, while the other races either avoid the obviously marked territory or deliberately assault it depending on their temperament. Their natural abilities make them proficient hunters, capable of lying in ambush in places nothing could expect leaving no hints of their existence. Their ability to stalk and ambush prey works wonders as a defensive tool as well, fighting off any invaders to their territory. Typical rights of passage involve painting their bodies and traveling through an object of a pre-determined size, such as a large sword or painted shield. Generally the tribes have two leaders, the "Open Eye", a talented painter who focuses on peaceful art including material and plant gathering, and the "Closed Eye" who focuses on war and hunting. (The Eye -6E)

The Eye then burns several pretty patterns into Rin's Labyrinth. Most of the locals (many displaced by the massive cave-ins caused by the meteor) are rather upset about this, and now run from the series of new disaster further displacing tribes. Those on the planet are much more appreciative of the pretty skylights, coming up with various stories about their cause and meaning. The Unnamed Semi-Corporeal race features many of the patterns in their art. (The Eye, -10P)

For some od d reasons, many of the Night Terror Imps report having dreams where they are painfully cut up by an endless amount of knives. Many are nonplused about this, choosing to discard the dreams and have a friend erase the dream if they really had a problem with it.

A new form of magic, Blood Alchemy, has been discovered! As of now, it is typically practiced by the more aggressive races, such as the Lancecutters and Lancerutters. It tends to involve the transfer of life energy to a crystallized form, which can then be accessed with a combination of still-being-discovered ritual circles and metallic constructs (with currently few of the latter existing, and entirely on the Swordshield world where metal is abundant). Generally this has lead to practicing Lancec/rutters to capturing their victims and dragging them to ritual circles, where they are transformed into crystals that are then used to gain more victims. Few mortals know that the object crashing into the moon was itself a massive bloodstone, it is likely a massive conflict would erupt over securing it if they new what could be done with it.

Spoiler: Divine Spirits (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other Spirits (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 07:56:05 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Spirits: Tick 3: GOOOOOOOOOOAL!
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2019, 12:39:51 am »

The Eye takes a moment to name its semicorporeal mortals "Hue-ghasts" so that they will have a name.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2019, 11:37:41 am »

In the largest settlement of the Faithful Wheel-Angels, Cut gathers up a bunch of swords, slicing some of his own wonderful cuttiness into them to produce the first of the Cutchin, a new race based on cutting. He then cuts the first Cutchin in half, adds more swords and lifeforce to the two halves, and cuts them in half, and continues this process until a full unit of Cutchin are created.

"G o fo rth. C u t."

Cutchin are balls of swords that somewhat resemble sea-urchins. They move by cutting at their surroundings with their swords, and eat by cutting at things with their swords, which are also their mouths. They generally consume blood, flesh, fruits, sap, Living Dreams and such. They reproduce by being cut, with each cutling having a proportionate amount of the intelligence, memories, strength, size and so on of the unsplit original, depending on how large a chunk was cut off. It will take several months, or perhaps even years in extreme cases, for the Cutchin to recover back to their maximum elephant size from being cut into smaller pieces and chunks.

Traditionally, for purposes of reproduction, Cutchin will cut themselves in half so that each offspring will have half the memories of the original. Cutchin communicate with each other by clashing their swords against the swords of another Cutchin, speaking through a splendid symphony of violent cutting motions. It is possible for skilled non-Cutchin duelists to communicate with a Cutchin by parrying or striking at their swords, but learning the language will no doubt be difficult, their accent terrible and their discourse limited to a crude pidgin dialect with the lower numbers of swords they can wield, and talking to a Cutchin probably life-threatening for a non-Cutchin.

Cutchin may replace their inferior or broken swords with new ones, upgrading or repairing their swordballs, or adding more swords to keep up with the growth of their body. The original Cutchin are made with whatever sort of sword would currently be considered appropriate or is most prevalent. Cutchin swords are self-sharpening, honing their edges with every cut, or grinding swords against other swords to sharpen them.

Cut spends 10 essence (converting spirit as needed) on making the Cutchin, overspending by 4 essence to hopefully increase their competency in cutting.

Cut sees the squalor and scattered fashion in which the Lancecutter live and is happy, but also displeased. They are like a thousand sharp fragments, where they should be a single mighty blade that can cut away at all things.

With his supreme might, he forces some of the male and female Lancutters to live together in tribe groups without killing each other. He forces them to co-operate, for the females to hunt together in packs, and so achieve greater efficiency with which to feed the group, and the males how to make the cutters-at-distance, bows and knive-arrows for the females to use in their hunting.

He teaches and trains the female Lancecutters how to focus and forge their aggression into a focused edge that cuts only at outsiders, instead of the ingroup of the tribe. He forces the tribal groups to make nightwatches, so they can discover and capture the Night terror Imps, and feed their lifeforce into the rituals of Blood Alchemy, instead of having their own lifeforce fed on.

And when the Lancutters act, or are forced to act, in the ways commanded by Cut, they will experience bursts of pleasure, to encourage them to continue acting in these ways.

Spend 10 power on forcing some of the Lancecutters to live together in co-ed groups and training the females to focus their aggression. Give bursts of pleasure to the Lancecutters when they act in the correct ways.
Teach Lancecutters how to make bows (free?)

Cut speaks to the Titan Weasels

"Yo u shou ld wo rship Cut, for I a m the bes t god."

Momentarily bored, Cut spends some time listening to his prayerstream, if any.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 12:19:42 pm by Demonic Spoon »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2019, 12:47:29 pm »

Power yet remains, preventing those without a foothold on the moon from speaking the long-distance to those upon the moon.

1P. Longspeak of Cut(and others not in the initial 3[Lily/Rin/BloodMerchant]) blocked. Spend more than 1 Power to speak over this protection.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2019, 12:55:26 pm »

Power yet remains, preventing those without a foothold on the moon from speaking the long-distance to those upon the moon.

1P. Longspeak of Cut(and others not in the initial 3[Lily/Rin/BloodMerchant]) blocked. Spend more than 1 Power to speak over this protection.

Speak to the Titan Weasels through the universal language of cutting off some of their fingers I guess.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2019, 05:54:08 am »

Rut, quite enthused, decides to listen to worshipper bleat-prayers.

6 Power: Rut takes on the form of an unbelievably attractive Weasel and goes on a seduction spree amongst the moon's Weasels. Empowered with power, Rut gives each of his targets ridiculous amounts of pleasure, promising more should they worship Rut.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2019, 08:05:56 am »

The Eye listens to mortal prayers also.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7