Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Old Planet - AGE OF GHOSTS  (Read 13870 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Old Planet
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2019, 04:34:13 pm »

Glass. Enough. You have given me your feedback: you think the game should allow the creation of more relationships.
I have given you my response: 12 is already a lot for me, that allowing it would potentially double it. I have a bad habit of giving up on games when I get overwhelmed. I do not wish to do that. You are welcome to leave if you have decided the lack of the desired change would make continuing to the end unfun for you.

The answer is no. And I will not tolerate pointless pestering.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 04:39:25 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2019, 04:47:37 pm »

Alrighty, we'll just do battles at the end of the round. So Maroon, you are up.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2019, 05:14:41 am »

Nissan skips her turn.  8)
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2019, 01:32:39 pm »

Nissan skips her turn.  8)
I don’t think you’re allowed to do that. You’re the last person in the cycle.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2019, 03:02:08 pm »

Basically, Nissan is surrendering. I will allow it, since I allowed Teal to basically just rename an existing relationship.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2019, 03:09:57 pm »

It is the first of the three (potential) Titan Wars. Declare your targets, now. Or let the changes others made, come to pass.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2019, 03:27:05 pm »

Yeah, I'm stopping Navy from changing my elves' relationship with the snowstubs.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2019, 07:05:37 am »

Nissan isn't surrendering. She is content with the cycle of life, and can't travel across land. If someone messes with her home she'll fight back.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 07:08:05 am by FakerFangirl »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2019, 01:16:51 pm »

The Great Titan War

Fluff brandishes their pickaxe. The Northeastern Jungles are lively with sounds. Primitive Elves collecting food and materials from Junglestubs. Cries carry from Jungle Tealcats on the hunt and to mate. The pickaxe deflects a spell, causing a nearby rock to grow thorny vines and break into rubble. Exotic birds flea to the skies above the canopy. Titans are beings of immense lifespans. The only way they die, is from battle. Aaron Solomon's eyes glow, he dodges pick swings effortlessly, cast again and again by the tiny fluff of navy living, writhing seaweed like arms and body. They fight on a cliff. Below is the largest concentration of Elves. Aaron is blocking Fluff's route. For countless years, these titans, which look little different than other organisms that can be found on this world, have sculpted their world, and their territories. Fluff swings a pick at the ground, causing a rapidly growing fissure straight between Aaron's legs. (8+2 vs 5) Aaron falls down looking up as if in slow motion. The ground closes up.

Fluff walks over to the Elves, and begins to glow as it's seaweed like arms whirl and the clouds begin to gather. Just then! The ground shakes and a massive green dragon of vines ruptures from the ground and roars at the tiny miner. It swallows him. Aaron steps out of the tangles and approaches the cliff and with both arms folded, overlooking his people. Not paying attention as a root dragon flies toward the mountains with a squirming and defeated Fluff.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2019, 01:22:02 pm »

Order doesn't matter guys gods. Just make your change or removal (or pass) of a rationship(anywhere on the planet), then we'll see who wants to challenge them. This round, then one more. Then off to society.

(All changes from last round succeeded. Except Fluff's.)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 01:24:20 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2019, 11:45:51 pm »

Nissan holds a mourning ceremony in Fluff's name.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2019, 11:49:21 pm »

*questions why he didn't do this earlier*

I'm going to change the Northeastern Snowstubs into Woodwyrms and change the relation between them and the Elves back to double-green.
Not tonight because late, but I will write up that stuff.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2019, 09:05:48 pm »

So to summarize, the world ecology looks something like this:

All four regions have default ecology and relationships except...

Mountainous North West:
The Mountain Snowstubs settle in the mountainous North West and start to farm icefluff, the Snowstubs protect the icefluff and in turn absorb their mana. Water nymphs and Naiads follow the Snowstubs into the mountains, benefitting from the icefluff farms and continuing to give light to the Snowstubs. Catnip has now moved on from living in the Suntrees.
Anyway, in the northwest, water sprites turn the tables on their tealcat ambushers and capture them to use as pets.

North Eastern Jungles:
Elves butcher and skin Woolly Snowstubs for meat, leather, and wool; and harvest Suntree wood for use in construction and toolmaking (the new variety used for this is called Moontree).
I’m removing the “tealcats get magic from the sprites” relationship. We do not need magic cats.

South West Oceanic Archipelago:
As the planet's mana density gradually rises, water nymphs become less fragile and less stupid. They learn to hide from threats instead of swarming harmlessly, and are able to sense mana density. With mana-rich lakes and woodlands, the nymphs who can sense mana are able to survive without the presence of Icefluff.

water nymphs need Icefluff to survive --> water nymphs need Icefluff to mature into adults

Water nymphs live near Icefluff --> Adult water nymphs live near Icefluff

((An adult water nymph is a Naiad. They can grow up to a meter in height and are more intelligent and patient than newborns. Approximately 1 in 150 water nymphs mature into Naiad form.))
The Saeriq youths develop a new game, which quickly grows viral. A new form of transportation is invented!

♥Saeriqs♥ herd ♥Wooly Snowstubs♥ --> ♥Saeriqs♥ ride ♥Wooly Snowstubs♥

This tribe of Saeriqs travels more freely. Food and shelter are more easily acquired, and the craftsmen have leisure time to sculpt ♣Suntree♣ canoes, to float them across further distances than ♥Wooly Snowstubs♥ can swim ((fluff)). Ironically, the Saeriqs find indigenous ♥Wooly Snowstubs♥ everywhere, due to their winter migrations across the ice.

The Snowstub-riding canoe-paddling Saeriqs refer to themselves as ♥Saerim♥. The Saerim tribe is well-suited to life in the archipelago.
Mature water nymphs need Icefluff to use water magic.

South Eastern Forests:
In the ▲Southeast Catnip Forests▲, the ♥Tealcats♥ grow ♣Catnip♣ using their water powers, repairing the damage done by eating it.

♥Tealcats♥ eat ♣Catnip♣ -> ♥Tealcats♥ grow ♣Catnip♣.

Meanwhile, some ♣Tealcats♣ stop ambushing ♥Water Sprites♥, instead learning from their behavior.

♥Tealcats♥ ambush ♥Water Sprites♥ -> vTealcats♥ learn from ♥Water Sprites♥.

Meanwhile, some ♥Tealcats♥ start to live in and near ♣Suntrees♣. Having got enough water powers from ♥Water Sprites♥, they stop gaining mana from them, as the mana that permeates their bodies is transferred from mother to child.

♥Tealcats♥ gain powers from ♥Water Sprites♥ -> ♥Tealcats♥ live in ♣Suntrees♣.
In that case, I'll rename South-East ♥Tealcats♥ into ♥Magicats♥.
Felius teaches the ♥Magicats♥ to use ♣Suntree♣ branches as primitive tools for hunting and digging for roots.

♥Tealcats♥ live in ♣Suntrees♣ -> ♥Tealcats♥ make tools from ♣Suntree branches♣.

Remember to change species name to a local variant when they are effected by changes. Continue to use this format: if you want to change to a relationship that benefits both, make atleast one word in your post limegreen. Use red if it benefits one and harms the other. Use yellow if it doesn't fit the other two.

If I missed something, kindly, let me know.

Edit: Updated, 2nd time
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 12:26:25 pm by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2019, 09:54:48 pm »

The second thing you have set in the Northeast is actually a thing I did for the Northwest.
Gimme a bit to find my third action from the your-own-sector phase.

EDIT:
I’m removing the “tealcats get magic from the sprites” relationship. We do not need magic cats.
I removed feline wizardry in the Northeast.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #134 on: April 28, 2019, 07:39:39 pm »

Alright. Sorry I disappeared. Had to avoid spoilers for a couple days. Everyone knows what they are doing, right?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12