Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Tactical Hell: ...  (Read 35202 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Mystical Shotgun of Destiny or smh
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2019, 07:22:02 pm »

(Dunno who or what, but if I can tap into that reference, I'll be able to guess at its abilities? Gib link pls)

Well, it is magic of a sort. Although you shouldn't normally be able to harness that. Luckily/unluckily for you, I happen to like different kinds of magic interfering with each other.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Mystical Shotgun of Destiny or smh
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2019, 07:43:12 pm »

((Well, it seems pretty attuned to my element of madness, so it better not get in the way of my mad scrawlings!)
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: bawxes
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2019, 10:37:59 pm »

Uhm, follow Alexander

You unfold yourself, tuck the doc into his corner, and go follow the knight dude. Big room full of boxes. That means loot, right?

(Hey, where's my new shotgun? I'll call it... Hell's Blessing. I like names.)
"Beautifully crafted. I'm skilled in the literary arts, but this man had something much more functional in mind. Do you have any ammunition for this?"
Inspect this work of art even further, and if it turns out it takes some spooky ritualistic ammunition from violently killing things, GREAT!

Well... Actually, you can tell that the shotgun is rifled. In fact, those torturous engravings wraps around and continue inside the barrels, twisting to form the rifling.

Other than that, you can't really glean anything else about the weapon right now. This is a fateful implement, though, so perhaps something new will reveal itself with time.

The tall man tosses a handful of shotgun shells at you without looking, and you miraculously manage to catch them all. You stick two of them into the breech and pocket the rest.

Alexander gives a firm nod, confidently surveying his surroudings.  "Girl, there's no danger here, you can let down your guard.  Start searching, there could be anything here, but look for anything metal in particular."

Kick open the nearest crate, and check inside for potentially valuable things.  Continue destruction until something is found.

Alexander opens a crate helpfully marked "spare weapons" and finds that it is completely empty. It would seem that someone else already got to the crate, took everything inside, and then made sure to neatly close the box.

Rakiit follows a glint of metal and discovers a rope reed fiber sack filled with steel forks, steel spoons, steel butterknives, silver serving tongs, a nethercap ladle, bamboo sporks, and adamantine silly straws.

Demetrius checks in a tiny space under a crate sitting against the wall and carefully retrieves an adamantine hunting knife. It is shiny.

Next, Alexander finds a giant metal-lined crate, and seeing a crack crawls into it, rips through several layers of insulation, and finds a coffin.
Well, I dunno if Alexander is the type to go prying open some coffin in search of loot. I'm sure there's something good in there.

Rakiit and Demetrius carefully search the rest of the room. Despite their valiant effort, neither of them are able to find anything else remotely interesting. Rushing to check the last box, they accidentally headbutt each other and end up splayed out on the floor, momentarily stunned.
[1 Focus invested into ouch.]

Spoiler: maps (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rakiit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scribe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reed (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demetrius (click to show/hide)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: bawxes
« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2019, 02:33:55 pm »

Rakiit, holding her head will go to the coffin and open it up.

oooh, pretty.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2019, 03:07:13 pm »

search for cool PROPER MACEDONIAN or at least greek stuff

what are adamantine knife stats and is it in my inventory now ( if not take it)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2019, 03:50:48 pm »

((Oooh, Nethercap!  That's the wood which is permanently 0 degrees Celsius, which is a weird and useful trait, though I doubt it'll be useful to us.  Still!  Nethercap!))

Seeing that the others are already going for the coffin, quickly grab a broken length of wood (or smash a crate to create a broken length of wood), just in case we need to stake a vampire.  Then watch over them as they awaken the Devil.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: hammah
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2019, 02:57:02 am »

Rakiit, holding her head will go to the coffin and open it up.

oooh, pretty.

You squeeze into the crate, crawl over to the coffin, and pry it open. You're rewarded with a boring skeleton clutching a platinum warhammer. Solid platinum, handle and all. Heavy! With some effort you drag the loot out of the crate and let the handle fall, unable to lift both the hammer and your gun at the same time. Possibly unable to carry the hammer at all, really.

Platinum Warhammer: One-handed medieval warhammer, made from solid platinum from head to pommel.
[melee: lethal/AP6 pain4 stamina1]
[hit+1]
[weight3]
[1hand]

search for cool PROPER MACEDONIAN or at least greek stuff

what are adamantine knife stats and is it in my inventory now (if not take it)

Sadly this is not possible for several reasons. Firstly, you've already searched this room throughly, and your absurdly high focus stat assures you that you absolutely have not missed anything. Secondly, this is not a greek or macedonian ruin, it is a dwarven ruin.

You pocket the adamantine knife.

Adamantine Dagger: Sharp. Very very very sharp.
[melee: lethal]
[thrown: lethal/AP5 short0 long10 focus2]
[parry+1]
[1hand]

((Oooh, Nethercap!  That's the wood which is permanently 0 degrees Celsius, which is a weird and useful trait, though I doubt it'll be useful to us.  Still!  Nethercap!))

Seeing that the others are already going for the coffin, quickly grab a broken length of wood (or smash a crate to create a broken length of wood), just in case we need to stake a vampire.  Then watch over them as they awaken the Devil.

You use your machete as a lever to break away a short length of wood from one of the crates, then sharpen it to a stake. That'll do.

Improvised Stake: A favorite of rushed and foolish vampire hunters since time immemorial. Probably.
[melee: lethal/AP1 pain2]
[hit-1]
[unreliable]
[1hand]

You look over Rakiit's shoulder while she engages in some amateur graverobbing. Nothing particularly threatening happens until she lets go of the handle and it falls to the stone floor, making a quite loud metal-on-stone clang.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: hammah
« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2019, 11:03:42 pm »

"Hrm.  I expected more.  There is not a single cross here, nor any bibles, how troubling... The only thing to do is to explore the rest of this place then.  We must find the surface.  From the surface, we may be able to see a path to the Heavens, our ultimate goal in this place.  Come.  I am returning to interrogate the shopkeepers."

Return to interrogate the shopkeepers.  In specific, ask them how to get to the surface.  Nothing more, and if they give a clear answer, follow their suggested route.  If they don't give any clear answer, insult them and then take the path leading to the north of their little shop.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2019, 06:05:26 pm »

Rakiit's tail shoots into the air at the sight of the giant shiny hammer and she excitedly attempts to juggle both her gun and her new hammer before coming to the realization that this shiny metal is really really heavy. Realizing that she can't actually keep her shiny with her, she looks around for something that she could improve by making shinier, her hyperactive brain jumping around with thoughts. The knights shiny enough already, he's got all that shiny armor so different from all the dull grey the guards wore. The weird sword guy was pretty drab though, though his knife was a nice splash of blue color. Hey Sword Guy you need more shinies, hold this.

Give the hammer to the Macedonian, if he doesn't want it to see if Alexander will bring it. Otherwise, just follow Alexander
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2019, 06:32:35 pm »

Well, it's probably a good idea to follow the rest of his ragtag "group" he was with.
Where did those buffoons go? Find them, going the wrong way "on accident" if possible.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2019, 02:26:19 am »

Ughm, thanks?
take this whatever and follow Alexander

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: Let's split up, gang!
« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2019, 12:04:36 am »

Well, it's probably a good idea to follow the rest of his ragtag "group" he was with.
Where did those buffoons go? Find them, going the wrong way "on accident" if possible.

Well, that's pretty self-contradictory.

You poke your head into the hall and notice that your "friends" quite clearly went south, down to that large room.
You pointedly turn around and walk north. You pass a few closed doors on both sides, a pair of smaller doors and a pair of larger ones. At the end of the hall you find a large imposing metal door. Seemingly engraved into the metal are many angular symbols, as well as images of short bearded men being mauled by... llamas, bulls, badgers, large fish, and many creatures that you don't recognize. Or fully comprehend, actually. One of them seems to just be a scribble of random jagged lines.

The door is closed, but it's not locked or barred. Opening it may have certain consequences.
((Such as making me load a whole new area. This is just one wing of the fortress, and probably the safest one.))

"Hrm.  I expected more.  There is not a single cross here, nor any bibles, how troubling... The only thing to do is to explore the rest of this place then.  We must find the surface.  From the surface, we may be able to see a path to the Heavens, our ultimate goal in this place.  Come.  I am returning to interrogate the shopkeepers."

Return to interrogate the shopkeepers.  In specific, ask them how to get to the surface.  Nothing more, and if they give a clear answer, follow their suggested route.  If they don't give any clear answer, insult them and then take the path leading to the north of their little shop.

You head back to the shop, the others... hopefully following you. Once there, you proceed to question the shopkeepers about a way to the surface.

"You!  Merchant!  Which way to the surface?"
"Um, you mean Marsin? That's closest."
"No, not your heretic gods.  The surface.  Where you see the Heavens."
"We are clearly in a cave.  How do I get out?"

"Well, usually you find an upwards leading path and it will put you on one of the four primes."
You sigh.  "Let me state this more directly: If you were to go to the surface, what path would you follow, precisely?  Or do you not know?"
Yellow stops fiddling with a something and turns around, somewhat roughly pushing Red aside. "You idiot, he obviously doesn't know the fundamentals of hell's geography."
"Well then?  Are you familiar with the path to the surface, or are you both subterranean idiots?"
[roll for dickishness. 1.]
"You're one to talk, dark ages. Do you want me to explain to you how little you understand your situation, or would you rather throw a tantrum and storm out of here?"
"Hah!  How little I understand my situation?  You don't even know where you truly are, heathen.  The simple fact that you have wandered for a long time does not lend understanding, not like the words of God.  Now, will you be of use to me, or am I wasting my time in this shop?"
"...Through that hatch, follow the stream up. You'll reach a place where you can see the sky. Maybe then you'll work it out."
"Hmmf.  Finally, some sense.  Men, girl, you heard the heathen; as I originally suspected, the stream leads to the surface."

Turning to address the others following you with that last statement, you realize that the other other people present are Rakiit and that scientist, Reed.
The latter sidles toward the door. "I think that I'd rather remain down here for a while."

Rakiit's tail shoots into the air at the sight of the giant shiny hammer and she excitedly attempts to juggle both her gun and her new hammer before coming to the realization that this shiny metal is really really heavy. Realizing that she can't actually keep her shiny with her, she looks around for something that she could improve by making shinier, her hyperactive brain jumping around with thoughts. The knights shiny enough already, he's got all that shiny armor so different from all the dull grey the guards wore. The weird sword guy was pretty drab though, though his knife was a nice splash of blue color. Hey Sword Guy you need more shinies, hold this.

Give the hammer to the Macedonian, if he doesn't want it to see if Alexander will bring it. Otherwise, just follow Alexander

You drop the hammer at the sword guy's feet and then follow Alexander as he stomps back into the shop and starts talking to them about how to get to the surface and then they start arguing and blah blah blah you really don't care aaaaand actually you kinda feel like you need a stimulant right now. Just. It would be nice. It's not like you need it. Just makes you feel good on your insides and stuff.

Alexander finishes saying something about a stream and then turns to you expectantly. Uhh.

[Rakiit makes a Perception check. 13.]
Then you hear to your left Reid talking. You jump a little, having forgotten he was there.
"I think that I'd rather remain down here for a while."

He starts to move for the door. You grip your weapon a little bit tighter.

"Ughm, thanks?"
Take this whatever and follow Alexander.

The catgirl drags the platinum hammer to you and then casually jogs out of the room at staggering speed, following the armored man. You reach down and wrap one hand around the handle. Then you try to lift it up.
It's really heavy. You'd just barely be able to lift it if you dropped your sword, but there's no way you'll be able to drag both very far.

You realize that while you were trying to pick up an excessively heavy weapon, the other two walked out of the room, leaving you behind.

Spoiler: maps (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2019, 12:23:47 am »

"Staying down here is foolish.  Salvation lies above, albeit no less adversity.  I shall be taking that path, as it is my duty, but you are free to stay behind if cowardice demands."  Alexander scoffs after that, then opens up the hatch and starts crawling back out.

Leave the shop, then follow the stream up out of the cave system.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Let's split up, gang!
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2019, 03:24:51 pm »

Anywhere away from the doctor is a good direction so Rakiit will follow Alexander.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17