Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Tactical Hell: ...  (Read 35219 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: gunz
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2019, 06:45:30 pm »

"Hm, interesting..." The Scribe idly molds the clay in his hands, and an idea creeps into his mind for another time. Now was the time to gather.
Clay! Clay! Clay!
...as in gather more, not get distracted by what I have.

[Ripping and tearing huge guts: 14, 11, 13]
You manage to gather a total of 6 more balls of clay from the remaining bodies. The bug with blue carapace in particular seemed to have a denser profusion of the stuff.
[+6 Clay]

Rakiit quickly grabs the gun out of his hands as Alexander points the barrel at his face.

"These are guns, you point them like this." She shoulders the P90 and aims down the sights. "And then you pull the trigger like this" She then demonstrates the trigger movement by pulling down the trigger. "It makes a bunch of noise and things die in front of it!" Assuming that nothing important has occurred, she will buy a kevlar vest for one clay and put it on and also one of those egg things.

[-2 Clay]
[Protectedness: Moderately increased.]
[Wierd egg thing: Acquired.]

Since ER said I need to ask for prices specifically:

How much clay does a bulletproof vest cost?
How much for the machete?
How much for the P90?
How much for the basket of eggs, and what are they?
How much for an uzi, and is the uzi identical to a generic 9mm SMG?

Can I assume the shopkeepers basically explain what items are to Alexander, so he can make informed purchases?

In no particular order:
1 Clay.
Demon bug eggs.
1 clay per.
Yes.
2 Clay.
4 Clay.
It's a generic SMG with an added [1hand] trait.
3 Clay.

Alexander carelessly drops the steel bar without looking, and takes the offered clay, staring at it in confusion.  After a few seconds he shakes his head, and picks up the machete off the table, taking a couple slow swings with it to test its balance.  "So, how much can we purchase with this... 'clay'?"

He puts the machete back down while half listening to the shopkeeps response, before picking up the P90 with both hands and holding it up to his face, looking through the two holes at the front of the firearm like some kind of massive misshapen mask.  "...And what even is this?  Is this some kind of... shield...?" he continues to turn it around in his hands, staring down the barrel in confusion before poking it with one far-too-large finger.

"I'm told it's a 'project 1990'. As the name implies, some kind of crazy future space-age weapon. It's better than anything else I've seen, but bullets for it are too rare for my tastes."

Spoiler: maps (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rakiit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scribe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reed (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demetrius (click to show/hide)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Love and Tactics in the Infernal Hereafter
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2019, 07:38:41 pm »

"Ah. This feels like I've done something important." The Scribe says, grinning at his large clump of Clay. And then he remembered - he wasn't alone, and he hadn't heard anything from them since those two had squeezed down into that tunnel. They likely died again, he reasons. And he trusted himself and this Clay he had gathered to keep him alive - OOH! If that blue one had more Clay in it, imagine how much he could pull from another humanoid...
Don't bother cleaning up, just get back to the starting room, squeeze down that tunnel, and probably Extract the essence of his likely-late companions.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: gunz
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2019, 09:50:54 pm »

I have formed a hellish annex of my divine discord server. For some reason.
Whatever.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2019, 11:03:19 pm »

"Ah. This feels like I've done something important." The Scribe says, grinning at his large clump of Clay. And then he remembered - he wasn't alone, and he hadn't heard anything from them since those two had squeezed down into that tunnel. They likely died again, he reasons. And he trusted himself and this Clay he had gathered to keep him alive - OOH! If that blue one had more Clay in it, imagine how much he could pull from another humanoid...
Don't bother cleaning up, just get back to the starting room, squeeze down that tunnel, and probably Extract the essence of his likely-late companions.

You dribble through the tight passage and plop yourself into the shop where everyone else is. Surprised that they haven't managed to kill themselves or seemingly anyone else yet, you just stare for a second.

The silence is broken when the tiny [kitten] from earlier crawls out of the hatch and [leaps] onto the ceiling. It [meows] happily at everyone.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2019, 11:12:05 pm »

He glances at the [kitten] on the ceiling. "Oh, by the Light of Infinity - I forgot about you!" The Scribe chirps happily, ignoring the fact that this was not simply something that happens normally. "Come here, little kit!" he says, with open arms towards the [kitten].
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2019, 06:11:13 pm »

Spoiler: Translated costs (click to show/hide)

Alexander hrmms in thought, staring at the shopkeepers' wares while tapping one finger against his helmet.  "Rather expensive, no?  I am tempted to purchase the machete, but these... 'guns' do sound rather useful.  Hmm.  How about the bladed one?  What is it good for, and how expensive?  Or the long ones?"

Alexander pauses to look back at the crazed madman as he comes through the tunnel, but quickly dismisses the man as soon as he is recognized.

Price and stats of the hunting rifles and the bladed sawnoff, please.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2019, 07:37:22 pm »

Strange Sawnoff: An exceptionally well made and seemingly very impractical shotgun. The engravings provide no tactical advantage whatsoever.
[melee: lethal]
[ranged: lethal/AP2 pain5 min2 short5 long8 snap38 focus2/3]
[hit+2]
[ammo 0/2]
[weight2]
[1hand]

"Couldn't tell you what it's good for, mighty impractical if you ask me. A very well made mess of a weapon, though! Let's say 2 Clay, a bargain for such a, ah, rare weapon."

Hunting Rifle: A rifle for hunting larger animals like deer. Rather generic.
[melee: pain2]
[ranged: lethal/AP3 pain2 min3 short12 long120 snap25 focus1/2]
[ammo 8/8]
[weight2]

"2 Clay for one of the rifles."

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2019, 09:22:36 pm »

The Scribe is quickly distracted from the [kitten] on the ceiling. "Oh! I'll take that so-called 'Shotgun!' And are those..." He follows a scent in his nose to the basket of eggs, and the one that the cat-girl held. "Ah! Bug-Demon Eggs!"
The Scribe lobbed 2 of his Clay at the shopkeepers, and began comparing the scents of the eggs to the smell of red and blue blood on his fingers.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2019, 10:27:12 pm »

Purchase the machete, then walk out of the shop and look down the path that we didn't go down to retrieve Reeds and Demetrius.  If that path isn't a wall, tell the others to follow, and lead the way down the tunnel.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2019, 07:54:09 pm »

Rakiit will bounce along behind Alexander full of excitement at exploring this new place  .
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: Mystical Shotgun of Destiny or smh
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2019, 11:31:16 pm »

The Scribe is quickly distracted from the [kitten] on the ceiling. "Oh! I'll take that so-called 'Shotgun!' And are those..." He follows a scent in his nose to the basket of eggs, and the one that the cat-girl held. "Ah! Bug-Demon Eggs!"
The Scribe lobbed 2 of his Clay at the shopkeepers, and began comparing the scents of the eggs to the smell of red and blue blood on his fingers.

[-2 Clay]

You pick up one of the eggs and sniff it. Smells a lot like an egg, yup. You sniff the blood on your hands. Yup, sure smells like... well, it doesn't smell like normal blood, but it sure is blood. You think.

Now, you set down the egg and pick up the shotgun. It's, ehehe, oh it's a doozy. Whoever made this thing was clearly almost as mad as you, if not more so!
A few links worth of chain is attached to the stock of the weapon, and two curved blades of a strange blue metal are mounted below the two barrels. But what is really interesting, what attracts your attention at once, are the engravings.
Completely covering every metal surface except for the blades are detailed engravings depicting torture, injury, and miseries. The work of a madman. You feel intoxicated and a faint little mewl crawls up your throat and off your tongue. The creature on the ceiling happily replies with a similar sound.
[The Scribe makes Resistance skill check... 15.]

You close your eyes and focus. The feeling passes. The [kitten] makes a dejected noise and scurries off... somewhere. You didn't quite catch where it went.

Purchase the machete, then walk out of the shop and look down the path that we didn't go down to retrieve Reeds and Demetrius.  If that path isn't a wall, tell the others to follow, and lead the way down the tunnel.

[-2 Clay]
[+1 cutting implement]

Poking your head into the hallway, you see that it ends to the north in a closed door, while to the south it terminates in an entrance to a large room of some kind. Well, it's a lead, so you head down thataways. You ask everyone to follow but the Scribe is too busy having a minor breakdown and Dimitri and Reeds appear to have packed themselves into the corner for optimal storage.

You arrive in a large open room rather chaotically filled with boxes and various other containers. It would seem that this was a stockpile.
There are signs that This place has been looted by people before, but it's still possible that useful items remain.

Rakiit will bounce along behind Alexander full of excitement at exploring this new place.

Bounce bounce bounce. You follow Alexander to the store room and cover the entrance while he has a look around, very tactically.

Spoiler: maps (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rakiit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scribe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reed (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demetrius (click to show/hide)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Mystical Shotgun of Destiny or smh
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2019, 12:52:31 am »

Uhm, follow Alexander

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2019, 01:08:59 pm »

(Hey, where's my new shotgun? I'll call it... Hell's Blessing. I like names.)
"Beautifully crafted. I'm skilled in the literary arts, but this man had something much more functional in mind. Do you have any ammunition for this?"
Inspect this work of art even further, and if it turns out it takes some spooky ritualistic ammunition from violently killing things, GREAT!
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2019, 06:42:50 pm »

Alexander gives a firm nod, confidently surveying his surroudings.  "Girl, there's no danger here, you can let down your guard.  Start searching, there could be anything here, but look for anything metal in particular."

Kick open the nearest crate, and check inside for potentially valuable things.  Continue destruction until something is found.

((I am mildly amused at you naming that weapon in particular.  It's a reference to a character in another game.))

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2019, 06:57:56 pm »

(Dunno who or what, but if I can tap into that reference, I'll be able to guess at its abilities? Gib link pls)
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17