Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: Tactical Hell: ...  (Read 35210 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Combat Ended
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2019, 06:47:15 pm »

Turn is now being extruded and processed through the tiny little gears of my brain. If it's not up today something must have dramatically failed and you can please go give me a hug rather than yelling at me thanks.

Actually hugs are appreciated regardless of dramatic failure status and will probably help the tiny little gears not get stuck on something. Really it's in your best interest to pile me with praise and love in general. Yeah, honest.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Combat Ended
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2019, 07:28:34 pm »

*hugs the [kitten], never mind the [claws] sinking into his flesh*
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: Rewarded with Delicious Clay
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2019, 09:32:28 pm »

He felt... Exhilarated. He checked to make sure his appendages were intact, then made note of that page. [96], was it? He would keep that one in mind. It was a shame he had blacked out - he would have loved to control that strange form.

Then he felt something calling from within the corpses he left. Something to be freed. Well, he wasn't one to ignore strange voices and urges...
Attempt Extraction on the nearest bug-corpse.

((Also, how much do I know about being a were[kitten] since it's on my sheet?))

((It being marked on your sheet represents me not wanting to maintain secret and not-secret versions of your stats. However, The Scribe can intuit that something has changed with him from that experience.))

Looking at the rather scattered remains of the bugs- including a blue one that you never even saw- you feel something pull at you. Or well, you see something in them. No, your hands start to work and you let them.
[The Scribe attempts extraction. 11.]
You reach out to something, grab, PULL it free. In your hand is... a small mass of semisolid gray something. It doesn't particularly look like anything but gray goop, but you feel that it is important somehow.
[+1 Clay]

There are more bodies. You feel that you could repeat this process on the other insect remains.

"I am hesitant to welcome you into our group; not because of any mistrust on my part, but simple concern for your... friend's well being.  The girl clearly has much antipathy for him in particular.  That said, I cannot turn you away; my role in this place is to act as guidance for lost souls such as yourselves."

Alexander relaxes, turning to look back towards Rakiit momentarily.  "I do have some familiarity with the terrain.  There is a shop down the corridor, and beyond it, our third and a path to the surface.  Please, lead the way, girl."

Tell Rakiit to lead us back to the shop. Once at the shop, explain to those two guys what was going on, and request payment.
Lead the way for Alexander to the two shopkeepers.
Dr. Reed warily follows them, making sure to keep at least one meat-shield between him and the trigger-happy cat-girl.
(However much you might like to retain a meatshield, none of the meats available seem particularly loyal to you and thus might fail on the "shield" part.)
Follow

Right well, y'all head back over to the shop, with the catgirl leading the way and the good doctor sensibly hanging back where he can hopefully avoid getting fucking shot.

Once there, Alexander recounts what occurred to the two shopkeepers and the taller of the two goes through one of the chests on the north side of the room, procuring five baseball-sized spheres of gray clay in a stack and handing them to Alexander.
[+5 Clay]
"Two for each of you, plus one extra to the gentleman for not nearly murdering a potential customer."
"...And a potential innocent person you just met?"
"Shh, I'm talking about important things here."

Spoiler: maps (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rakiit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scribe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reed (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demetrius (click to show/hide)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Rewarded with Delicious Clay
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2019, 11:34:33 pm »

So this is your agora, barbarians? Do you even have olive oil in sale?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Love and Tactics in the Infernal Hereafter
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2019, 01:42:34 am »

Alexander carelessly drops the steel bar without looking, and takes the offered clay, staring at it in confusion.  After a few seconds he shakes his head, and picks up the machete off the table, taking a couple slow swings with it to test its balance.  "So, how much can we purchase with this... 'clay'?"

He puts the machete back down while half listening to the shopkeeps response, before picking up the P90 with both hands and holding it up to his face, looking through the two holes at the front of the firearm like some kind of massive misshapen mask.  "...And what even is this?  Is this some kind of... shield...?" he continues to turn it around in his hands, staring down the barrel in confusion before poking it with one far-too-large finger.

Stats for P90 please.

((Quote with the list of wares below:))

1: an Uzi, which Rakiit is currently admiring.
2: a couple of hunting rifles.
3: a sawn-off shotgun, with a bizarre two-bladed miniature bayonet?
4: a P90 submachinegun, as syv-bait.
5: 4 kevlar vests stacked on top of each other.
6: a singular flashbang.
7: a few odd, spherical baseball-sized eggs in a basket.
8: a machete. It has signs of wear, but seems to have weathered the elements admirably.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2019, 02:25:08 am »

Rakiit quickly grabs the gun out of his hands as Alexander points the barrel at his face.

These are guns, you point them like this. She shoulders the P90 and aims down the sights. And then you pull the trigger like this She then demonstrates the trigger movement by pulling down the trigger. It makes a bunch of noise and things die in front of it! Assuming that nothing important has occured, she will buy a kevlar vest for one clay and put it on and also one of those egg things
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 10:30:28 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2019, 10:24:19 am »

"Hm, interesting..." The Scribe idly molds the clay in his hands, and an idea creeps into his mind for another time. Now was the time to gather.
Clay! Clay! Clay!
...as in gather more not be destracted by what I have.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

dragonman7887

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2019, 08:03:12 pm »

Dr. Reed looks around the shop, and notices the kevlar vests. Picking one up, he asks, "How much, uh, clay I suppose, does this cost?" Dr. Reed glances at Rakiit. "I feel a bulletproof vest would vastly improve my life expectancy. How might one about earning some clay?"

((Could I change Melee to -2 and Accuracy to +0, or is it too late for that?))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2019, 10:11:45 pm »

Stats for P90 please.

Welp, time to go ask wikipedia what this thing actually does.

((Could I change Melee to -2 and Accuracy to +0, or is it too late for that?))

You haven't used it yet, so eh. It's changed.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2019, 10:37:39 pm »

((It's a really nice not-quite-SMG that can put a hole in your common Kevlar vest. Can fit more bullets in less space than a common rifle. And it seems to have focused fire, might take less Focus to aim and shoot than a common gun. Probably a bit dangerous to acquire early game.))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 10:43:30 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2019, 10:43:17 pm »

P90: Bullpup PDW with a futuristic design. Has a greater ability to pierce armor than most SMGs.
[melee: pain2]
[ranged: lethal/AP3 pain2 min2 short10 long25 snap28 focus1/2]
[ammo 51/50]
[weight2]

A kevlar vest will cost you 1 clay. It will notably not help you at all against an LMG which fires like rifle sized bullets I'm not a gun scientist.
You can get more clay by murdering the fuck out of various demons and then ripping and tearing their huge guts. Pretend that I'm talking like Hart now because he's the one telling you this but not in those exact words

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2019, 10:48:12 pm »

*smiles through walls, covered in various bug-demon-guts, holding a blob of wonderful, delicious Clay*
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2019, 11:13:35 pm »

Since ER said I need to ask for prices specifically:

How much clay does a bulletproof vest cost?
How much for the machete?
How much for the P90?
How much for the basket of eggs, and what are they?
How much for an uzi, and is the uzi identical to a generic 9mm SMG?

Can I assume the shopkeepers basically explain what items are to Alexander, so he can make informed purchases?

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2019, 06:51:53 pm »

I'm guessing that last question-poke was a lot, but uh... Poke.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2019, 07:31:38 pm »

Can I assume the shopkeepers basically explain what items are to Alexander, so he can make informed purchases?

All right, you primitive screwhead..
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17