Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (10/10)(IC Thread)  (Read 7162 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (10/10)(IC Thread)
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2019, 05:29:50 am »

[Pururu, the Smol One]

"H-help! There's weird things here! Please help!"
Pururu is not very keen on these creatures with way too many mouthes, eyes, wings, and which are constantly speaking with half of their mouths.
She will call upon the Purusians to try and bury Pururu, so she can't be approached by the Hundredwings.
"Is everything okay Pururu? Where are the weird things?! Oh no, Pururu, those little weird things are burying you! But you're not dead!"

"Hundredwings, protect Pururu from weird things while taking her to a nice couch okay?"

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2019, 05:38:20 am »

[Pururu, the Smol One]

"No! No winged things!"
Some of the Purusians start running away, but some keep piling snow.
"Why did you make those? Mouths aren't supposed to be used like that."
Pururu starts crying.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2019, 05:40:20 am »

[Pururu, the Smol One]

"No! No winged things!"
Some of the Purusians start running away, but some keep piling snow.
"Why did you make those? Mouths aren't supposed to be used like that."
Pururu starts crying.
"Winged things? Do you like my Hundredwinged? They were my first patent! I'm very proud of them!"

An impersonal market somehow does a good impression of being puzzled.

"Mouths clearly are supposed to go like that, or I wouldn't have made them like that! You're so silly sometimes Pururu!"

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2019, 05:54:09 am »

While Guar worked out the details of making mortals with Ednaera, he would create his first realm: The Red Caves.

Spoiler: The Red Caves (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 07:47:29 am by Roboson »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2019, 08:50:57 am »

Quote from: Ardent Debater
Since [the Living Forges are] a forged race, I'm going to say you [Market and Luda] can each devote an action each turn to boost their Population Expansion by a proportionate amount.
Action 2: The smiths of Market spend much time this tick forging new Living Forges who are shipped to the Nexus.

"Please play nice with the Djinn my darlings!"

Action 2: To not completely sour relations with Pururu, Market begins to encourage gradual migration to Nexus, through the Portals, among the Hundredwinged of Taiga on a voluntary and very deliberately slow basis.

Action 3: Market further expands the Nexus, both sideways and upwards with great gleaming towers!

[-1 Essence, +4 Popcap]
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 10:10:12 am by Demonic Spoon »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2019, 09:22:46 am »

Sol, Star of Magic, next tries to teach them to manifest Wings of Light with their mana. That spell isn't worked into them, but it's still Celestial, though they'd have a far greater limit on it, maybe an hour at best, and 5 minutes at worst..

Notes: The Wings of Light is a personal spell of Sol. While it allows for protected flight, even through space, how it works is thus.

Mana is converted to Celestial Energy to form small feathered angel wings on the back. From there, the user can mover in a flight pattern as they wish, with their health being revitalized, and air supplied. It's more movement through the intervening space, and isn't affected by wind, or anything really. Like the Starflight Express, it is Light's nature to travel forward unimpeded. This particular energy pattern let's a user who's access hasn't been revoked to travel through the portal system to a location above the mortal plane, and to fly straight to reach the observatory again through the same method. The Spell is worked into the realm like a key of sorts.. Celestial are the ones who have the Wings of Light itself as a natural skill.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 08:19:34 pm by TricMagic »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2019, 02:17:13 pm »

"To think I would cooperatr with Guar so soon.
Fate sure is full of surprises."

Action1: Ednaera used 5 Essence to give a shape to the Dhasals, giving them mighty bodies. She then passed them to Guar for him to infuse them with Life.

The Dhasals will then be placed in the Blue Corridor.

Servant Action:
-Eslinde was sent to teach the arts of bladecrafting to the Dhasals and the Camels.
-Arpier was sent to assist Guar in the patrol of the border cosmos

Action2: Ednaera resumed her patrol of the border cosmos, alone this time.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2019, 02:28:58 pm »

Actions 1-3: Camelia sits in all the lakes/oases she has created so far all at once and spits swords at passing mortals. The survivors get to be kings, yay!

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2019, 03:15:09 pm »

Fanw, having awoken a while ago now, would figure that, seeing how the world wasn't solidified and how she didn't have the power at the moment to really do anything, now was the best time to officially put her idea for how the world would be solidified as one forward and properly on the table "I have an idea for what the world should be made into, and that is a set of layers connected. The first layer would be the skies and the island's that are floating among the clouds. The second the highest mountains to rolling valleys and then beneath the oceans waves. Then lastly there would be the third layer, which deep under ground would be large caverns and walls of solid rock, waiting to be carved out. We could even attach that godly realms above the first layer or below the third. Lastly, so mortals don't fall off the world or see it's edge. If a mortal reaches a place that had no created land, they will walk through a repeat of the area at the edge until they turn back, it also prevents them from seeing the edge of the world too. I also should mention that there would be a layer zero for things like the sun. If anyone has any other thoughts on the idea, or any other ideas on what the world should be please do share them!"
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2019, 04:17:34 pm »

[Pururu, the Smol One]

Pururu approves of the Layered World Idea.
"C-can my islands be on the top layer? I want it away from the big people. They're mean."
Pururu regains her ability to move, though it is sluggish, because she's still at 0 Essence.
She makes a snow fort, so those Hundredwings can't get to her.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2019, 05:27:29 pm »

It's quiet, near silent for a few solid minutes. A small being holding tight onto a canister of something warm. Onto a drink that finds itself uncapped as her eye's are shut tight.

As her heart throbs as utter terror is clear as day in her being. As she struggles to open her eye's, she'd stayed like that just feeling sensation for hour's, before she fully pushed through.

Amber pools of warmth open for the first time and taking in the world. As with a pushing through her drink opens and a plane is being created.

Action one.

Inside her canister of chocolate dark as can be. A realm comes forth, terrifyingly hot, dark as the bottom of an occean. Yet beneath it all, something of wonder lies within, if one only pushes through their fear. If one is determined to exist, to continue on, it will be revealed for a world, for a plain that is bioluminsecent, that is beautiful and full of color and hidden life.

The Canister is created.

With that, she speaks, her voice comes forth strong and unwavering.

"Hello! I am JoJo! Now who stands before me?"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2019, 03:02:51 am »

Guar notices the dark terrifying depths and life hidden below. Guar is impressed.
Little goddess! I am Guar, god of Life and Caverns. I see your workmanship and am happy to see another deity with such eye for beauty. I welcome to these realms! We will be good friends, I can feel it already! Guar smiles, he has no mouth with which to do so, but the warmth can be felt in his words and his motions.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2019, 03:37:18 am »

Tick 2.5 “The Sun-Sword Beckons as the Market Burns.”

By and large lacking true power, the pantheon relaxes, watching their mortal creations spread and thrive in the regions they’ve made. Prompted by Fanw Howell, discussions of an eventual world design begin and several deities begin to support the concept of a cylindrical world, with the various regions segmented into four layers, layer 0, empty space filled with stars, layer 1, floating islands and sparse mountains, layer 2, watery seas and solid continents, and layer 3, consisting of caverns and the underground as a whole. As deities begin to decide, they can feel reality bend, as if ready to spring into the chosen shape, whatever it may be.

Pururu, recently awakened from her previous slumber desires new friends to play with, and scatters many thousands of Purusian’s throughout the Taiga Islands. Exhausted from the effort, she collapses and the Market, either in jest or all seriousness, appears concerned and summons a legion more Hundredwing’d to ensure her safety. Confused by the allegedly horrific angels, the Soft Goddess breaks down into tears, demanding that they be removed from her realm, confusing the Merchant who finds nothing out of ordinary with the, by its standards, perfectly normal bazaar-goers.

However, the Market concedes to Pururu’s request and incentivizes the Hundredwing’d to gradually leave their homes in the frozen islands for the prosperous Nexus, which the Market expands before paying interest on its loan.

Pururu creates 1 Population unit of Purusians in the Taiga Islands for a price of 4 Essence!
The Market creates 1 Population unit of Hundredwing’d in the Taiga Islands for a price of 6 Essence!
Following a disagreement in aesthetics, the Market encourages the Hundredwing’d to emigrate to the Nexus, and they'll proceed to do so at twice their reproductive rate next turn.

Slightly amused by the Godly Kitten and Capitalist’s antics, one of the few male deities in the pantheon, Guar decides to ignore their shenanigans to focus on work. He carves out a series of enormous, red caverns in an interplanar space, with a tropical climate, an intricate drinkable salt-water cycling system, and absolutely chock-full of different sources of food. Fittingly enough, he dubs it the Red Caves and they are beautiful to behold, though the God’s motives for making it are unclear, to say the least.

Shortly thereafter, Guar teaches the Nauts the barest basics of metallurgy, and before long they’ve begun to forge surprisingly sophisticated iron tools and habitually clad themselves in crude scale mail! The Nauts seem on the brink between developing a series of theocracies, with each cavern holding one high prophet, or applying their tribal ways to a grand scale in a sort of collectivism not yet seen!

Guar creates The Red Caves, a Divine Realm for a price of 0 Essence!
Guar teaches the Nauts the art of metallurgy, and soon after, they begin to debate politics!

Eager to overcome their previous misgiving, Guar and Ednaera decide to create a mortal race in each of their images. Sculpted in a fashion akin to Ednaera, their skin is as bronze, their strength is the envy of all save the Nauts, and the least among them are beautiful, yet infused with the soul of Guar, their eyes and hair blaze with brilliant prismatic flame, and in times of duress or through strength of will, their body enters a semi-conscious trance, shrouded by their spirit form which fights with might, vigor, and ferocity far beyond what even their flesh and bone bodies are capable of. The spirit form is different for each of the mortals, and their culture soon regards a child’s first manifestation as a deeply spiritual occasion.

Their mother Ednaera names them the Dhasal, and their father Guar watches with interest. They are instinctively inflicted with a tireless wanderlust, and in mere decades, the single tribe has fragmented into dozens of ceaselessly feuding clans that skirmish amongst themselves almost as often as with the primitive Camel sultanates, who view these twisted, shapeshifting savages as abominations to be slain for the glory of Camelia. One for one, any Dhasal is a match for a Camel, but the battles do not come one for one, rather, the first armies are trained and sent into battle, hurling copper javelins and clutching razor-sharp khopesh of the same. The hardy Dhasal linger in the stone age, heavily outnumbered by the oasis-dwellers, and soon they meet in field of battle.

The Camel hordes outnumber the Dhasal many-times over, but the Dhasal fight like the furious storms their spirit forms so resemble, and so mighty are they, their flint spears pierce Camel chestplate as if it were the softest of silk, yet so hardened is their flesh, the finest of Camel daggers are blunted, and all but the mightiest of their blows turned aside. The nomads vow to undo the sultanates for the ruin upon their people they’ve endeavored to wrought, and little by little, the clans unite under this single, sacred cause. Howling praise unto the boundless might of Guar and life-giving passion of Ednaera, they shatter the Camel’s gates, and mount the heads of their craven lords on sharpened pikes.

True, on some occasions the Camels are simply too many, overwhelming the warriors in weight of numbers, and a handful of crazed, spitting duelists are sufficient to match one or even two at a time, but these are few and far between. It is not long under the twinkling under the Field of Stars that the Camelid keeps lie in ashes, and the ambitious civilization-builders are scattered into the sands to live as the beasts do. Merely a generation after these first wars took place, the Dhasal have yet again fractured, though the Camel’s bloody thirst for spirit ichor and crazed prayers onto Camelia for vengeance do not cease.

Guar and Ednaera create 1 Population unit of Dhasal in the Blue Corridor for a price of 10 Essence!
The Dhasal and Camels in the Blue Corridor come into conflict, and after a long and brutal war, the Camel sultanates are shattered, and they are forced to regress to the tribal ways of their ancestors!
Though Guar and Ednaera pump their knuckles, Camelia is not pleased!

Irate at the failure of the Camels to defeat such weak and pitiful foes, the Camel Goddess sulks in a dozen oases, and spits surplus Djinn-Forged Blades of peerless craftsmanship toward any mortals who dare to disturb her. The overwhelming majority of these are eviscerated and die horrible deaths, a fortunate minority manage to be mercifully beheaded, and a single, remarkably dextrous two-humped Camel named Shawqi al-Akel manages to catch one by its handle. Vowing to avenge his ancestors, he travels throughout the tribes ushering them into holy war, showing his Goddess-given blade as support.

He is a charismatic demagogue as well as a near-unnatural duelist, and soon gathers a horde of followers about himself. Unfortunately, his understanding of tactics and strategy is sparse at best. They charge into Dhasal lands eager to spill their blood, heedless of logistics, discipline and common sense, and after overwhelming a handful of minor clans, their actions manage to reunite the rest, who promptly annihilate them in a single, pitched battle. Shawqi al-Akel did not lose faith, even unto the very end and with his Djinn-Forged Blade, slew no less than three of the Dhasal warriors as they challenged him. To this day, he is regarded as a sacred prophet of Camelia, and if nothing is done, idolatry may arise.

A single Camel by the name of Shawqi al-Akel survives Camelia’s sword-spitting, and viewing this as an obvious divine blessing, leads an ill-advised and suicidal attack against the Dhasal, losing his life in the process.

Jojo, Goddess of Courage and Determination gazes upon the regions of world, such as they are, and decides the mortals soon to be must soon be tested. To this end, she imbues the can she holds with a spark of her divinity, imbuing its inside with the form of a new realm. Initially, it is nigh-boiling hot and pitch-black without the faintest of light, but if a mortal has the courage to defy their fears, and the determination to swim to the bottom despite the pain they’ll find a soul-healing paradise fit to rival the Red Caves, where they may linger until they decide it is time to pass on, and face the new challenges of the world.

Jojo creates The Canister, a divine realm for a price of 0 Essence!

Sol, Star of Magic regards the Starnymps with the deepest care and most loving affection a deity could muster, but it would not do well for a mother to leave her children uneducated, and so, despite one or two promptly scolded lazy-bone protests, she gets to work. Within mere months, they’ve learned to manifest Wings of Light with their mana, allowing them to travel from the Observatory to the Mortal Realm, and back again. It is a great gift, and after putting it in action, several guilt-laden and hastily accepted apologies are issued and every single one of them is grateful to have received it.

Star, Light of Magic teaches Starnymps the Wings of Light spell!

Immediately after, the Star Goddess shelters her children within the Observatory, and turns her attentions to the angelic Market which remains in her plane. The thought of it, thousands of innocent souls, willingly enslaved by both nature and nurture to a handful of cruel and callous shareholders, it goes against everything she stands for, and insofar as she is concerned, death is the only fitting punishment for slavery!

BATTLE: Sol, Star of Magic VS The Market

Turn 1:

Irate by Market's de facto endorsement of wage-slavery and mortal trafficking, Sol, Light of Magic unleashes two titanic lightning bolts against the Market! Fortunately for it, the Market had a fine piece of exotic masonry that blocked the bulk of the first strike, and the second incinerated several stalls, but  a Seraphim's sacrifice prevented further damage

Market, (Slightly Wounded)
Sol, Light of Magic, (Fully Healthy)

Turn 2:

Immediately following the Lightning strikes, the Observatory's gravity negation ceases, and the Market is flung headway into the blade of the Sun-Sword! However, amidst the anarchy, a cherub managed to drag out a one-use gravity reversal pendant, turned it to the side, and activated it, flinging the Market into the fog beside the Observatory.

Market, (Slightly Wounded)
Sol, Light of Magic, (Fully Healthy)

Turn 3:

Sol, Light of Magic, uttering her disdain for the Market's practice of slavery and her loathing of its greed, unleashes her might to fling it into the Sword-Sun again! Fortunately, or perhaps not, the Market manages to push its climate-control furnaces into overdrive, causing a massive explosion which shatters it into three pieces, but enables it to evade the Sword-Sun by mere hundreds of feet, flying headlong into the fog. Four Seraphim, countless cherubs, and a handful of angels sacrifice themselves to change its trajectory, flinging it into the First Storm's gravity well.

The Market's fragments then tumble straight into its clouds, and embed themselves in the stone, directly in front of Luda Ncebekan, who was smithing a new suit of chain-mail. Needless to say, he is somewhat confused, and most of the Market is unconscious. Sol, Light of Magic is irate, and more than a little panicking. Goddesses know how the pantheon's going to react.

The Market, (Moderately Wounded), -1/11 Essence, (Comatose)
Sol, Light of Magic, (Fully Healthy), 4/10 Essence, (Conscious)

COMBAT END

Highly concerned for his former partner’s safety, and filled with near-berserk rage at the dishonor of it all, Luda Ncebekan loudly accuses Sol, Light of Magic of treachery most foul, to which she replies that she was justified, for the enslavement of mortals is an abomination that cannot be allowed to exist. Utterly ignoring the abstract morality involved, the Forge God’s rage is not sated, and lieu of this, Sol, Star of Magic’s allies Ednaera and Pururu wisely choose not to intervene, citing neutrality or simply not responding. They agree that until the issue is resolved, the Market is to remain safe and sound within the First Storm.

Already enraged at the loss of her precious, beautiful Camels to the perfidious and untrustworthy Dhasal nomads, Camelia is driven fully berserk by Sol, Light of Magic’s flagrant disregard to the law of hospitality, and only fails to attack because she is busy doing her best to repair the damages done to the slighted guest. She is no Crafts Goddess but soon enough, the shattered pieces are molded together, albeit, partially held by Camel spit, and most of the unconscious angels are revived, again, through copious amounts of Camel spit. The Market is in almost-half-functioning condition and may be prepared for the Merchants, but time will tell whether she is fully healed by the next era.

A series of complex and heated dialogues following the conflict occur, none of which escalate into any more than petty slurs and hurled insults!

Spoiler:  Lo, Divines! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Lo, Divine's Income (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Mortal Realm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Godly Planes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 02:08:24 pm by Ardent Debater »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2019, 03:58:40 am »

"Sol has most foully violated the sacred customs of hospitality and launched an dishonourable sneak attack upon the Market. The Market requests an apology and compensation for damages suffered."

"The Market most sincerely and gratefully gives thanks to Luda Ncebekan, Camelia and Guar for their wellwishes and aid in this time of need.

Fanw, having awoken a while ago now, would figure that, seeing how the world wasn't solidified and how she didn't have the power at the moment to really do anything, now was the best time to officially put her idea for how the world would be solidified as one forward and properly on the table "I have an idea for what the world should be made into, and that is a set of layers connected. The first layer would be the skies and the island's that are floating among the clouds. The second the highest mountains to rolling valleys and then beneath the oceans waves. Then lastly there would be the third layer, which deep under ground would be large caverns and walls of solid rock, waiting to be carved out. We could even attach that godly realms above the first layer or below the third. Lastly, so mortals don't fall off the world or see it's edge. If a mortal reaches a place that had no created land, they will walk through a repeat of the area at the edge until they turn back, it also prevents them from seeing the edge of the world too. I also should mention that there would be a layer zero for things like the sun. If anyone has any other thoughts on the idea, or any other ideas on what the world should be please do share them!"
"The Market finds this proposal largely profitable, but does not wish to be attached to anything, as they would make Market a sitting duck for certain gods to attack."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 04:16:12 am by Demonic Spoon »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2019, 04:06:30 am »

Quite surprised that the Camels and the Dhasals managed to wage war before her Servant could teach them the arts of bladecrafting, Ednaera mused about distortions of space-time.

"Well then. Eslinde, Arpier, you know what to do!"

Ednaera's Actions:
2) Patrol the outer cosmos.

Servants Actions:
1) Eslinde teaches the art of bladecrafting to Dhasals and the Camels.

2) Arpier assists Guar in the patrol of the border cosmos.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8