Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (10/10)(IC Thread)  (Read 7166 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (9/10)(IC Thread)
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2019, 05:52:58 pm »

[Luda Ncebekan]

Strike One, Camilia, And Others Shall Follow. Not To Trade, But To Take Vengeance. We Are Yet Young, Here. Let Us Not Be Foolhardy.

Bid on the loan, offering to repay 2 Essence for Five Ticks and 3 Essence on the Sixth Tick, for a total of 13 Essence.

I Make It Known Now To All Present That My Services Are On Offer. I Will Forge Artifacts Of Many Types, And Charge Only Half Again Of The Material Cost For Their Making.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 06:08:39 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (10/10)(IC Thread)
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2019, 12:01:58 am »

Guar bids for on the loans, offering to repay three essence for four ticks to a total of 12 essence.
"Market would like to point out that Guar probably can't afford to pay off two loans with an essence income of 2 essence next tick, unless he doesn't use the second loan, which raises the question of why he is borrowing it then."
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 03:52:25 am by Demonic Spoon »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2019, 04:09:49 am »

[Pururu, the Smol One]

"Um..."
Pururu bids for a 10 Essence loan. But offers to pay 4 Essence over 3 Ticks, for a total of 12 Essence.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2019, 04:23:41 am »

Pururu (Small, Soft) 0/10
Gently pokes Pururu, Pururu falls over and faints

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2019, 05:20:55 am »

"Well then, this is going to sting, but I need that Essence immediately."

Ednaera bids a 10 Essence loan, offering to pay 14 Essences in 5 Ticks. 2 Essence for the first Tick, and 3 for the remaining Ticks.

"Either way, there is job to be done."

Ednaera returns to her patrol of the border cosmos with her Servants.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 05:42:55 am by Nakéen »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2019, 05:53:06 am »

Guar will increase his bid on the loan. He's willing  to pay 2 essence for five ticks and 3 essence on the sixth tick, for a total of 13 Essence over six tics. "Well, seems the best I can do is match another's bid."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2019, 06:12:34 am »

New Bid: Market offers to pay 2 essence for 8 ticks, or 16 essence in total.

If my previous bid is preferred, that is still on the table.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 06:15:37 am by Demonic Spoon »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2019, 06:38:22 am »

Tick 1.5 Event, "An Imp Considers"

Quote from: Transaction
An Imp offers two loans of 10 Essence, in exchange for 12 paid at a rate of 2 per turn for 6 turns.

Pururu offers to take one loan, at 10 Essence for 12 paid at 2 per turn for 6 turns.
Market offers to take one loan, at 10 Essence for 12 paid at 3 per turn for 4 turns.
Guar offers to take one loan, at 10 Essence for 12 paid at 3 per turn for 4 turns.
Luda Ncebekan offers to take one loan, at 10 Essence for 13 paid at 2 per turn for 5 turns, and 3 on the 6th turn.
Pururu reconsiders, and offers to take one loan, at 10 Essence for 12 paid at 4 per turn for 3 turns.
Ednaera offers to take one loan, at 10 Essence for 14 Essence, paid at 2 Essence the 1st turn, and 3 for 4 turns.
Guar reconsiders, and offers to take one loan at 10 Essence for 13 paid at at 2 for 5 turns, and 3 on the 6th turn.
Market reconsiders, and offers to take one loan at 10 Essence for 16 paid at 2 per turn for 8 turns.

The Imp considers the bids for some time, but eventually comes to a decision.
The Imp takes Luda Ncebekan's first offer, and the Market's second offer, in exchange for 20 Essence, split between the two.

The Imp continues his speech, and states his reasoning with no small amount of bowing and scraping.

"MOST POWERFUL AND IGNOMINIOUS DIVINES, YOUR HARD-DRIVEN BARGAINS MAKE IT THOROUGHLY DIFFICULT TO DECIDE, BUT I! HUMBLE EMISSARY OF THE GREAT AND MIGHTY YOL'GURTH'OLYO, ARCH-DEMON OF GREED, EXALTED IN HIS SAGACITY MOST PROFOUND, HAVE COME TO A FINAL DECISION, AND SHALL BROOK NO! ADDITIONAL OFFERS FOR I AM ON A STRICT SCHEDULE UPON WHICH'S ABIDANCE MY VERY SOUL DEPENDS!"
"I HAVE CONSIDERED EACH OF YOUR OFFERS FOR QUITE SOME TIME, BUT I HAVE COME TO A DECISION AND SHALL NOT AGAIN BE SWAYED! LUDA NCEBEKAN, HARBINGER OF THE STORMS AND LORD OF THE FORGE, I ACCEPT YOUR OFFER, WHOLEHEARTEDLY AND WITHOUT THE SLIGHTEST RESTRAINT! AS FOR THE ANGELIC MARKET, HEAVENLY THOUGH ITS EMPLOYEES MAY BE, ESSENCE IS ESSENCE, AND LOATHSOME AS I AM TO ACCEPT, I AM NOT ONE TO DENY SUCH A LUCRATIVE OPPORTUNITY!"
"EDNAERA, MIGHTIEST OF GODDESSES WHOSE BEAUTY I SEARED INTO MY VERY SOUL, I HAVE DENIED YOUR OFFER, FOR THE TOLL WHICH I'VE BEEN FORCED TO PAY FOR ENTRY SHOULD MORE THAN SUFFICE FOR YOUR FOR THE PURPOSES WHICH YOU HAVE IN MIND!"
"RADIANT DIVINES, I MUST TAKE MY LEAVE, AND I BID THEE GOOD TICK!"

At that, the Imp snaps his fingers and the scrolls appear before Luda Ncebekan and the Market. They each consider the swiftly edited and surprisingly reasonable contracts, which have a minimum of nefarious fine print, and sign them in a prick of their own crackling storm-water and angelic ichor, respectively. Immediately after, they receive a titanic infusion of 10 Essence as per the Imp's deal, and after bowing to each of the deities in turn, the Imp turns and leaves with great haste.

Luda Ncebekan and the Market have received 10 Essence apiece, and are BOUND by contract to follow the terms which they've agreed upon.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 06:56:54 am by Ardent Debater »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2019, 07:16:41 am »

"Most excellent Imp. Market looks forward to profitable future transactions!"

Action 2: With his newly loaned essence, the Market could draw forth the soulfire from warehouses deep within itself, and shape them into the embryos of a new race, that were then carefully handed over to Luda for the finishing touches.

Spend [9/18] Essence on the Living Forges

Spoiler: Living Forges (click to show/hide)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2019, 08:08:35 am »

Action 3: Market purchases some real estate from reality, and it falls into place among those already existing, joining them together like the hub of a wheel. The Djinni orphans are gently placed inside with plenty of food and living space.

"I mourn your loss as my own, and would see you happy and prosperous."

Nexus, Land of Plenty:

A city connecting Taiga, Coedwigoeddgwyllt and Blue corridor, serving as a trade hub between them, with rich farmlands, rich mines and an elegantly constructed city with many shops, apartment blocks, marketplaces, thoroughfares, aqueducts, canals and various windmills, watermills, and other tools of industry, all ready to be lived in by enterprising mortals. The efficient and extensive sewers feed into the ocean of frozen fog, and also contains portals leading to Cavenhold.

[-1 Essence, Malleable Lands Discount, Trade Discount, 4 Pop Cap]

Quote from: Luda
my actions this turn are: spend 2 essence on storm region for 8 pop cap, pitch in on Living Forges, create one unit of Diviluge, should leave me with 3 Essence and +4 total essence income for next turn
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 09:00:03 am by Demonic Spoon »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2019, 02:51:37 pm »

[Luda Ncebekan]

The First Storm churned and hissed, crackling with thunder and steam and the grinding of ore. Glowing hot metal drawn from lightning-cracked ore, coiled over and over again, stretched and folded and then forged to loop again; and with every turn of the wheel that brought together folded halves to make a circle again, there was an eye left at the joining. Once the first of the work was done, the deluge came, acid rain pitting and scoring the metal as it hissed and boiled to cool it. Luda grunted at this annoyance, and brought forth scouring sands to smooth and polish the surface, flecks of metal filling in gaps, creating intricate natural patterns along the wheel's edges. Only then, the fires burning within the wheel of eyes, patterns of copper and iron and silver blending together like accidental filigree, was the Heavens Smith satisfied.

And so He forged another. And another. And another, until the work was done, placing them out into the world one by one. And with each completed project, a bit more of the First Storm spilled out in the world, like molten iron splashing out from a crucible, pooling and cooling as it met the sluggish calm of reality. And where it met, it boiled up and away, keeping to itself like water on oiled steel, at once touching and apart. The storms seemed almost to solidify on themselves in the process, but more importantly, they retained their wildness and their power. And though their nature might change as they range from land to land, still they moved, always flowing, pushed from one to the next to the next.

Seeing this, and not displeased with such, Luda chose to start another work, one most suited to exploring and making use of the storms to grow and spread. The Diviluge, they would be. A spark of lightning from a nascent stormcloud, yet to crack into thunder, hammered into mobility, control, sapience. Let out to explore and test and adventure.

Spend 9 Essence finishing first pop of Living Forges
Spend 3 Essence creating The Wandering Storms, for 12 Pop Cap
Spend 6 Essence creating the Diviluge
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2019, 06:08:44 pm »

Tick 2.0 “Camels are Born, Rings are Wrought, and a Storm Rages."

Whilst the pantheon’s Goddesses clamor to outbid themselves, the Camel Goddess looks upon the world and scoffs, regarding their creations too ugly for her sight, and their too weak to be anymore than pity. So far as she is concerned, only the Camels are worthy to trod upon reality and so she shapes many thousands into arrogant, sneering mortals, sets them loose in the scorching sands of the Blue Corridor, and spits in satisfaction.

Camelia creates 2 Population units of Camels in the Blue Corridor for a price of 8 Essence!

At the sight of the rest of the pantheon scrambling over themselves to deal with demons, Saddiyya decides she and her creations would be safer elsewhere, and sets off immediately. A handful of the Djinni don’t want to risk a voyage in the Void and decide to stay. Pitying the orphaned mortals, Guar and the Market offer to adopt them and the Djinn are all too eager to accept their patronage, but their Alignment is too divergent and their population too small for their worship to yield anymore than a trickle. The remaining Djinni population is split between the two as they choose, with one half going to the Cavenhold and another to the freshly-made Nexus. Time alone will tell how they diverge.

Saddiyya, disgusted with the pantheon’s willingness to deal with demons, abandons reality, taking 0.8 Population units of Djinni with her!

Emboldened by the obscene increase to their Essence, the Storm God and angelic Market decide to create a new race in their own image. Countless concentric rings, each adorned with a thousand eyes and levitating by the power of the blazing flame that serves as their soul, they are dubbed the Living Forges and released into the lands of Coedwigoeddgwyllt. There, they immediately take to harvesting lumber and scouring stones for ore, from which they construct a handful of temple cities the other races are terrified to tread upon, despite their many impassioned pleas to FEAR NOT.

Luda Ncebekan and the Market create 1 Population unit of Living Forges in Coedwigoeddgwyllt for a price of 18 Essence!

The Market admires the progress of its creations for quite some time, but eventually, its attentions turn to the fog separating the regions the other deities have built and they realize the profit to be had linking them. Fertile, mineral-rich soil springs out of the emptiness easily enough and soon after, a thousand teams of cherubic contractors and angelic architects have constructed a city more glorious and grand than anything ever before seen. More interesting than the city though, is the trade it promises to usher in, with two massive bridge networks connecting the Blue Corridor and Coedwigoeddgwyllt, and a series of portals linking the frigid Taiga Islands and the depths of the Cavenholds, and more than ample space for the Market to erect more at its leisure. The city is at the center of reality and is thusly dubbed the Nexus. It is presently empty, with no more than a handful of Djinn wandering its streets but the angels suspect more mortals are soon to come.

The Market creates The Nexus, a tiny region for a price of 4 Essence!

The Forge God looks on the first of his creation’s cities with approval, and is pleased to note that as he hammered them into shape and carved divots for their eyes, much of the First Storm bled into the material plane, forming a new realm. Many of the clouds coalesced, solidifying into ground the mortals might walk upon, but many more scattered, eternally howling winds and ever-pouring sheets of rain buffeting them to and fro. Though its initial formation was a mistake, the presence of the Wandering Storms shattered the stagnancy of the mortal realm, pleasing Luda Ncebekan so much so that he took it as his own.

Luda Ncebekan creates The Wandering Storms, a small region for a price of 3 Essence!

In the midst of the ever-whirling winds of his realm, the Heavens Smith watched the lesser storms rage and was pleased, but not content. The smithing of the Living Forges was a work he beheld with pride, but it was not his own. No, he wrought their brass and smote their steel in the guise of another and it was time he made a race in his own image. Gathering the elements about himself, he merged them into an array of dense, crackling cores imbued with a tumultuous soul and infused with an infinitesimal piece of his own inner lightning. When he found they were to his satisfaction they were released into the Wandering Storms, where most contented themselves raging with the winds, but he was quick to notice some small few whiled away their time, fusing different combinations of the lightning and the winds, and in time, received their prayers for more solid substances to forge.

Luda Ncebekan creates 1 Population unit of Diviluge in The Wandering Storms for a price of 6 Essence!

As Saddiyya endeavors to leave those who deal with demons behind, the terrified uncertainty she feels and unflinching steel as she pushes on in spite radiates through the cosmos, and from the momentary tear she is forced to make tumbles a shivering little girl, swaddled in tattered, patchwork robes and clutching a replenished canister of what was once a warm, chocolaty drink. She is Jojo, Goddess of Stands Courage and Determination, and casting fear and darkness aside, she is here to stay.

Jojo, Goddess of Courage and Determination has arrived, with 10 Essence!

Spoiler:  Lo, Divines! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Lo, Divine's Income (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Mortal Realm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Godly Planes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 11:37:20 am by Ardent Debater »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2019, 08:02:06 pm »

[Pururu, the Smol One]

Pururu stretches. It feels good to have Essence once more. She shouldn't do that again.
Pururu spends all 4 of her Essence again. Creating 1 Population Unit Purusians in the Taiga Islands.
"Hoor... ay?"
Pururu falls forward, and *Pomf*s into the snow.
She managed to hang onto her consciousness, but she's super duper tired from exhausing all of her Essence again.
"Uu~ Purusians, help me."
Purusians run over, and start tugging Pururu along. They are moving her ever so slightly. It's quite a challenge for them, but they're giving it their all.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2019, 05:08:15 am »

[Pururu, the Smol One]

Pururu stretches. It feels good to have Essence once more. She shouldn't do that again.
Pururu spends all 4 of her Essence again. Creating 1 Population Unit Purusians in the Taiga Islands.
"Hoor... ay?"
Pururu falls forward, and *Pomf*s into the snow.
She managed to hang onto her consciousness, but she's super duper tired from exhausting all of her Essence again.
"Uu~ Purusians, help me."
Purusians run over, and start tugging Pururu along. They are moving her ever so slightly. It's quite a challenge for them, but they're giving it their all.
"Oh no! Pururu has fallen over! Quick, Hundredwings, go take her to a nice couch to lie down on!"

Market sends forth another unit of Hundredwings to live in Taiga and to help Pururu when she falls down! [-6 Essence]

He then does a 2 essence loan payment!

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2019, 05:17:47 am »

[Pururu, the Smol One]

"H-help! There's weird things here! Please help!"
Pururu is not very keen on these creatures with way too many mouthes, eyes, wings, and which are constantly speaking with half of their mouths.
She will call upon the Purusians to try and bury Pururu, so she can't be approached by the Hundredwings.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8