Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (10/10)(IC Thread)  (Read 7200 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (10/10)(IC Thread)
« on: February 02, 2019, 03:15:55 pm »

Across the boundless expanse of the cosmos, untold billions of worlds are born, grow old, and in time, ancient. Many of these are born of natural processes, swiftly forgotten, or the side project an individual deity, either eager to test their limits or satiate their urge to see art. Some of these worlds are beautiful, and indeed, some of the most successful are fortunate enough to derive an intelligent mortal race. The luckiest worlds, however, are overseen by a pantheon of deities, and beneath their guiding hand, are able to truly prosper.

True, their infighting inevitably causes some measure of strife and woe among the mortals, but their urge to compete drives innovation, which in turn drives industry, and eventually, progress. Exotic, otherwise impossible forms of life and entire systems of untold sorceries are born from their divinely inspired designs. Indeed, it cannot be argued that a pantheon isn't the ideal for any world to truly expand in growth, and as these six divines, five goddesses, one god meet on the outskirts of a newborn, empty reality, there isn't a doubt in their minds that one way or another, they're to see its potential through to the fullest. But first, they have to decide, while the shape of things are yet unbound and may be molded, what sort of reality is it they want to see?

Spoiler:  Lo, Divines! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 06:41:38 am by Ardent Debater »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (6/10)(IC Thread)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 03:20:51 pm »

Ednaera descended on the cosmos, taking on the form of a beautiful woman. Gazing upon the infinite expanse of unborn possibilities, she mused.
"Ah, the beauty of the unshaped."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 03:26:37 pm »

"Indeed yes! The infinite possibilities for profit that lie within it! Hello again Ednaera! Are you sure you don't want some of that fine, djinni craftmanship blades?"

A giant marketplace looms in the emptiness, its narrow streets and stalls filled with burning wheels covered in eyes and various other angelic figures. They peform the ritual of trade, endlessly, as they speak in chorus.

"What shall we make? A great factory-world for our mortals to toil in to make the products of wealth? A bounteous expanse with natural resources to sate even the most greedy of the forges of industry? Or perhaps something even more profitable?!"

((+1 Essence from trade with Camelia, should presumably be spent to return to essence cap))
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 03:28:18 pm by Demonic Spoon »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 03:31:07 pm »

A Train's Whistle echoes out into Reality.

"Excuse me, coming through~"

Plane Creation: Celestial Plane- The Observatory

A castle floating in the sky, nothing but blue beneath it at the moment, with the First World Tree on top. Though Servants have yet to be created, it shall eventually serve as the center of a Reality-spanning hub for Guardians to travel down to the mortal realms.

Only those Sol has chosen may enter, and she can revoke that permission. And Only those Sol has allowed may create or destroy within this Floating Castle.

As a side note, spotting it when you don't have permission is next to impossible for mortals. And those without permission will just go right through where everything is. And of course, it can be reshaped to Sol's will, though not by much, mostly clouds and weather, the sky.

The Train comes on into the Realm, setting down on top of the tracks around the First World Tree.

"Hua~, Come on down everyone! Time to make some Planes! Planets and Suns, Mortals too!"

"Ah, give me a moment, Market."

Drawing on the natural power of the new plane, she commands the clouds to come together, forming as much space as needed for Market to set down on the thickest layer.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 03:42:52 pm by TricMagic »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 03:49:37 pm »

[Pururu, the Smol One]

Pururu appears as whiteness in the darkness, before forming into the form of a little girl, with the poofiest of hair and tail. She is the smallest of the gods, and very soft.
She sees a world empty, and so, she starts to form little bits.

Pururu spends 4 Essence to create the Taiga Archipelago.
The Taiga Archipelago is the first land in the common plane. It is a series of floating islands, held together by the coniferous forests atop them.
The Taiga Archipelago floats in an ocean of frozen fog. It is a frigid place. Most unkind to those not covered in fur.
This is not a separate plane, it is a world. And Pururu descends among the islands of the Taiga Archipelago, and has fun in the snow.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 03:52:48 pm »

Camelia creates the Blue Corridor, a strip of steppes, deserts, and oases in the common plane. She disperses Bactrians, dromedaries, Camelops, alpacas, llamas, and other camelids throughout this expanse.

((-1E from purchasing swords from Market))

"Thank you, Market, for that generous gift! And now the waiting begins!"

Camelia rests in a perpetually misty lake/oasis and waits for the first mortals to come that they may be rewarded with beauty, a blessing of martial ability, and kingship (providing they manage to dodge the djinn-forged blades).

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 05:03:53 pm »

"I see you have opened the ball?"

Action1: Ednaera was not much of a creative Goddess when it came to sculpting a world suitable for life. In her home universe, that work had already been taken care of long before her birth. As such, she decided to create a Plane in the image of the great battlefields of home...

Plane: The Fields of Everlasting Glory
A seemingly infinite plain of short golden grass, littered with broken blades and other armaments of unknown origin stuck into the ground. A mystical, perpetual wind blows on the Fields, making the grass and shadows of the weapons dance with it. The Fields are filled with good memories of Ednaera, those of beautiful battles that she witnessed or experienced throughout her life... Shades, echoes, and figures of the past clash in an eternal battle within the Fields, replaying and creating scenes, their great prowess exalted and forever made beautiful.

"That should be it for now. Truth be told, I would like to forge my Arsenal here and now, as I feel quite bare without my Armaments... I'm asking out of concern to you, fellow deities. Would you mind if I did?"

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 05:14:19 pm »

"I'm fine with it. At some point, I'll need to create a forge myself for my new servants. All in time though."

"Ah, does anyone want to see about making a proper solar system?"

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 05:20:50 pm »

"If you don't mind a sword shaped star..."

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 08:59:54 pm »

Tick 0.5, "A Quiet Start."

The pantheon, half a dozen strong surveys its domain, and little comes to pass, save a petty exchange between the Marketplace and the Camelian goddess.

Quote from:  Transaction
Market sells Djinn-Forged Blades to Camelia in exchange for 1 Essence.

Shortly following the first exchange to take place in this reality, a train whistle rings out and as it ceases, a floating castle comes into being. On top of it is the First World Tree, and beneath it is a crisp, blue sky on which it floats above the murky grey. This is the Realm of Sol, Star of Magic, and the first creation to manifest in reality. Soon after, a golden train coalesces onto a set of tracks and its rider, none other than the goddess herself, invites the Market to stay on a layer of thickly nested clouds.

Sol, Star of Magic's first plane, The Observatory is created for a price of 0 Essence!

Pururu manifests in a clump of fluff, and sad to see an empty void, decides to fill it with an archipelago of islands knit together by the extensive forests growing on them, magically floating in the Void. They are the first addition to the mortal world, and very cruel to those without fur, but Pururu hardly notices the chill as she frolics and plays in the snow.

Pururu has created The Taiga Islands, a small region, for a price of 4 Essence!

Appraising this reality and finding it to be sorely lacking in the highest form of life, Camelia weaves a line of steppes, deserts, and oases in the mortal realm and seeds it with a wide variety of bactrians, dromedaries, Camelops, alpacas, llamas, and every other form of camelid under the yet to exist sun. Most find the lack of warmth uncomfortable, and with minimal worry about the cold, alpacas and llamas soon become the most widespread beasts in the region.

Camelia has created The Blue Corridor, a small region, for a price of 4 Essence!

Edneara is stricken with slight homesickness upon seeing the establishment of a divine plane and the creation of the mortal realm, and creates a private dimension; an almost-infinite plain of short golden grass littered with the remains of broken weapons, and under the influence of a never-ending wind. This wind causes the grass and weapon shards to dance, with the astral figures who once wielded the implements of war flickering into view as the illusory ghosts fight and die in a perfect replica of their past selves, again and again.

Edneara's first plane, The Fields of Everlasting Glory is created for the price of 0 Essence!

The echoes of these creations attracted friendly visitors, other goddesses and a tremendously powerful earth spirit eager to contribute to the fledgling realm. These are the ever-pleasant Saddiyya, the mysterious Fanw Howell, and the seemingly benign Guar.

Spoiler:  Lo, Divines! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Mortal Realm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Godly Planes (click to show/hide)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (9/10)(IC Thread)
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 11:49:42 pm »

[Pururu, the Smol One]

Pururu likes her snowy lands. But after a while, she feels lonely.
Then she strikes upon an idea, and creates creatures in her own image. Though their tail is not as fluffy as hers.

Pururu uses 4 Essence to create the Purusians on the Taiga Islands.
The Purusians are small, weak, but incredibly agile. They form in small tribes, but will merge when troubles are brewing. And said troubles may even result in a lasting merge, making them quite adaptive to danger. As long as it's not too overwhelming, in which case they'd just cower and tremble before their new overlords.
Purusians prosper in the cold, where other races shiver. They also dig burrows, where others cannot reach.
The Purusians inhabit the Taiga Islands. Which are small and fragmented, just like the Purusians.

"Soft ones, like me!"
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2019, 12:14:16 am »

Ednaera smiled tenderly upon watching the Fields of Everlasting Glory. She saw the cute Pururu prepares to create beings in her image. And even though she was no creator deity, she knew something was missing.

"There lacks a star to feed energy to all this life! Sol! You carry the Light of Life with you, won't you create a star? I would like to assist in its creation, if you would allow me to shape that star. I wish to make it beautiful, and I believe a cruciform Sword Star would exude a magnificent aura."

Cooperation Proposition: Take on half the cost of the first star, on condition Ednaera can shape it into a cruciform Sword Star.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2019, 04:02:44 am »

Once stillness, now motion.
clang
Once silence, now noise.
Clang
Once absence, now filled.
CLANG

The First Storm billows out from nothing, filling emptiness and void with the workshop of the Skybreaker. Lightning breaking between banks of dark vapor and smoke, winds tossing sand like an angry ocean spraying water, peals of thunder crashing into one, rain boiling on half molten-rock. Shifting and roiling, it cracked and crumbled under it's own pressure and force even while new creation billowed into existence, in long puffs.

This Will Do. For Now.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 04:09:31 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2019, 08:36:27 am »

Ednaera smiled tenderly upon watching the Fields of Everlasting Glory. She saw the cute Pururu prepares to create beings in her image. And even though she was no creator deity, she knew something was missing.

"There lacks a star to feed energy to all this life! Sol! You carry the Light of Life with you, won't you create a star? I would like to assist in its creation, if you would allow me to shape that star. I wish to make it beautiful, and I believe a cruciform Sword Star would exude a magnificent aura."

Cooperation Proposition: Take on half the cost of the first star, on condition Ednaera can shape it into a cruciform Sword Star.

"Very Well, Shall the crucible give birth to the Light of Life."

So said, Sol begins to shape this Star.

The Primary necessity for stars is water, most specifically, frozen gases. However, the current stars shape shall be a star, not a sphere.

Therefore, it shall also act to draw upon Essence to full itself, more specifically, the essence of those who live beneath it. Those mortals give thanks, and that thanks shall act to keep the star young and warm to those who live in it''s light. The cost is negligible, simply upkeep to keep it balanced.

Having Done the main part, she sends it over to Ednaera to finish. The cost taken shall be shared, and praise to the star shall also be shared between us, as co-creators.

4 Essence(cost-reduction to 2) on my part. 2 on hers.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 10:31:26 am by TricMagic »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2019, 10:32:24 am »

For a while, the other deities might hear a sound reminiscent to that of objects both inside and hanging off of a large travelers pack rattling and clanging against each other. Some of the noises metallic, others wood, and sometimes a mix of both. When Fanw arrived fully in this realm however, able to be seen by the others, the noise would seem to suddenly stop, and those who looked would be unable to see any kind of pack or bag on her. Instead, only holding a bow in one hand and having two quivers strapped onto them along with somewhat fancy clothing that would fit a successful hunter. They'd give a wave before simply saying "Hello there!" in a friendly manner before looking at what was created and what was yet to be made.

Shortly after, she would think, and it wouldn't take long for Fanw to do something. Seeing the current state of the mortal realm, she would add some more diversity to the existing lands, creating and blessing new ground. Coedwigoeddgwyllt is what it would be called, and it would be a medium sized temperate forest filled land full of trees, bushes, and occasional hills. And in it would be plenty of animals, both predators and prey, hunters and hunted. But for now, it would be frozen in time and quite possibly to an extent literally, and it would remain that way until the dark sky was filled with light for the first time and warmth was brought to the world. She would have expended quite a bit of essence on her first creation of lands, if one was to give a number it would be 8, but that was fine, for things would change soon, and in time she would regain what she had expended, and time was the one thing she and plenty of others certainty had a lot of in the current state of the universe.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 10:53:28 am by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8