Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (10/10)(OOC Thread)  (Read 10260 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (9/10)(OOC Thread)
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2019, 05:01:10 am »

Aye, upgrading the Purusians.
But they don't reproduce, they instead convert Purusians to Awakened Purusians.
Their reproduction rate is both their conversion speed and their degeneration speed.
If they have a reproduction  rate of 0.2, then for each full unit of Awakened Purusians, they make 0.2 Purusians into Awakened Purusians.
However, should there be 4 units of Awakened Purusians and 6 units of Purusians in an area with 10 pop cap, and it's increased to 12. Then the 1.2 extra Purusians wont be enough to fill it, and 0.8 Awkaened Purusians will degenerate into normal Purusians. But the turn after, they hit the cap, and 0.6 Purusians will turn into Awakened Purusians.

They make filled areas still able to do something. But they can be easily prevented.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (10/10)(OOC Thread)
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2019, 05:44:25 am »

Basically they're Elementals.

Interesting race concepts all around, you guys. Hmm, I figure their stats are:

Alignment:
Storms, (+3)
Forges, (+1)

Population Expansion:
+2

Combat Effectiveness:

They'll cost 6 Essence per Population unit, yield 2 Essence Income, and grow +0.2 Population units per Tick.

$$$ Price Check

Spoiler: Slithers (click to show/hide)

Quite tiny, and that's a high Alignment. Let's see, I figure their stats are:

Alignment:
Caves, (+5)
Life, (+1)

Population Expansion:
+4

Combat Effectiveness:

They'll cost 8 Essence per Population unit, yield 3 Essence Income, and grow +0.4 Population units per turn.

Pricecheck, mortal race!

Spoiler: The Bazagael (click to show/hide)

These are, if anything, much stronger than the Nauts, and they'll likely have a significant cost. That said, their stats are:

Alignment:
Stars, (+4)
Might, (+4)

Population Expansion:
+1

Combat Effectiveness:

They're on par with the Living Forges, more or less.

Aye, upgrading the Purusians.
But they don't reproduce, they instead convert Purusians to Awakened Purusians.
Their reproduction rate is both their conversion speed and their degeneration speed.
If they have a reproduction  rate of 0.2, then for each full unit of Awakened Purusians, they make 0.2 Purusians into Awakened Purusians.
However, should there be 4 units of Awakened Purusians and 6 units of Purusians in an area with 10 pop cap, and it's increased to 12. Then the 1.2 extra Purusians wont be enough to fill it, and 0.8 Awkaened Purusians will degenerate into normal Purusians. But the turn after, they hit the cap, and 0.6 Purusians will turn into Awakened Purusians.

They make filled areas still able to do something. But they can be easily prevented.
In that case then, it'll cost 4 Essence per Population unit to give them the potential to upgrade.

...Slithers? Hoy! They seem a little too close to my Snakeskin...
...Slithers? Hoy! They seem a little too close to my Snakeskin...

Meh, they're both just different kinds of naga.
Assuming their Alignments aren't opposed, races with similar anatomy tend to get along splendidly.

Spoiler: Lending a hand (click to show/hide)
IN, and I suspect there'll be a lot of collaboration with Pururu going on.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 06:01:37 am by Ardent Debater »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (9/10)(OOC Thread)
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2019, 05:55:59 am »

I accidentally miscalculated Ednaera's Essence totals, she's at 4, not 7.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 05:58:19 am by Ardent Debater »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2019, 07:00:57 am »

$$ Price check

Spoiler: Glimmer (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 07:15:21 am by Roboson »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2019, 07:05:03 am »

$$ Price check

Spoiler: Glimmer (click to show/hide)

Hmm...

Alignment:
Caves, (+4)
Life, (+2)

Population Expansion:
+3

Combat Effectiveness:

They'll cost 7 Essence per Population unit, yield 3 Essence Income, and grow +0.3 Population units per turn.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2019, 09:14:26 am »

Pricecheck:

Fighters of the Sword Star:
A class of people who, after admiring the cruciform star, decided it is time for action.
They pay respects to the Sword Star, which inspired them, and they shall go out to fight the bad things.
Favored weapon: Sword.

Desired outcome: +Combat Effectiveness, +Might Alignment.

If price depends on specific race:

Purusian Fighters:
Purusians who, after gazing at the Sword Star, decided to stop hiding, and start fighting.
No longer shall they fear the Hundred Winged, no longer shall they fear the wo- okay, the wolves are still super duper scary, but still.
They make a makeshift wooden sword from sticks they found around.

Desired outcome: +Combat  Effectiveness, +Might Alignment.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2019, 06:59:38 pm »

Pricecheck:

Fighters of the Sword Star:
A class of people who, after admiring the cruciform star, decided it is time for action.
They pay respects to the Sword Star, which inspired them, and they shall go out to fight the bad things.
Favored weapon: Sword.

Desired outcome: +Combat Effectiveness, +Might Alignment.

If price depends on specific race:

Purusian Fighters:
Purusians who, after gazing at the Sword Star, decided to stop hiding, and start fighting.
No longer shall they fear the Hundred Winged, no longer shall they fear the wo- okay, the wolves are still super duper scary, but still.
They make a makeshift wooden sword from sticks they found around.

Desired outcome: +Combat  Effectiveness, +Might Alignment.
The income from these mortals will be directed to the Sun-Sword, and by extension, split between Ednaera, Goddess of Might and Beauty, and Sol, Light of Magic, Goddess of Star Magic and the Light of Life. It will give them +1 Combat Effectiveness and Might Alignment per 2 Essence investment, though it will be lost upon them abandoning their devotion.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2019, 08:50:37 pm »

$$$ Price check on: Dhasals

Dhasals are a race of powerful human-like mortals who contain within them strong life spirits. The Dhasals themselves are bronze skinned humanoids who have eyes and hair composed of spirit fire. Each individual has a slightly different variation of spirit flame, which is a representation of their soul. They are formidable fighters, their bronze skin being as tough as the metal it resembles. But this is not their only strength. Each one is capable of releasing their spirit flame, which forms a spirit around them. This spirit flame takes the shape of their fighting spirit, and reflects the reason and how they fight. It also shows similarity to their default spirit flame in color and accent design.

Dhasals are a nomadic race. They do not desire to stay in one place for long, tending to be a scattered nation of wanderers. They are strong willed and hearty, they fight for what they believe in (which is also reflected in their fighting spirit form). Dhasals have an innate and universal love of growing their strength and furthering their martial abilities. They see fighting and killing as honorable, not only for themselves, but also for their opponent. By defeating a strong opponent, they gain their honor. However, to be defeated is also honorable, for it means that one has greater strength or cunning than you. It is this search to improve oneself and honor for life and fighting that drives all Dhasals to fight and to travel the worlds.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2019, 08:15:45 am »

$$$ Price check on: Dhasals

Dhasals are a race of powerful human-like mortals who contain within them strong life spirits. The Dhasals themselves are bronze skinned humanoids who have eyes and hair composed of spirit fire. Each individual has a slightly different variation of spirit flame, which is a representation of their soul. They are formidable fighters, their bronze skin being as tough as the metal it resembles. But this is not their only strength. Each one is capable of releasing their spirit flame, which forms a spirit around them. This spirit flame takes the shape of their fighting spirit, and reflects the reason and how they fight. It also shows similarity to their default spirit flame in color and accent design.

Dhasals are a nomadic race. They do not desire to stay in one place for long, tending to be a scattered nation of wanderers. They are strong willed and hearty, they fight for what they believe in (which is also reflected in their fighting spirit form). Dhasals have an innate and universal love of growing their strength and furthering their martial abilities. They see fighting and killing as honorable, not only for themselves, but also for their opponent. By defeating a strong opponent, they gain their honor. However, to be defeated is also honorable, for it means that one has greater strength or cunning than you. It is this search to improve oneself and honor for life and fighting that drives all Dhasals to fight and to travel the worlds.

I'm loving these race concepts, everyone. Hmm, I figure this race's stats are:

Alignment:
Life, (+2)
Might, (+2)

Population Expansion:
+2

Combat Effectiveness:

They are to cost 10 Essence per Population unit, yield 2 Essence Income divided between Guar and Ednaera, and grow +0.2 Population units per turn.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2019, 08:54:32 am »

Quote from: Ardent Debater
Since [the Living Forges are] a forged race, I'm going to say you [Market and Luda] can each devote an action each turn to boost their Population Expansion by a proportionate amount.

Action 2: The smiths of Market spend much time this tick forging new Living Forges who are shipped to the Nexus.

"Please play nice with the Djinn my darlings!"

Action 3: To not completely sour relations with Pururu, Market begins to encourage gradual migration to Nexus, through the Portals, among the Hundredwinged of Taiga on a voluntary and very deliberately slow basis.
I'll say each action spent on Living Forge smithing boosts the Population growth by +0.2, at the cost of 1 Essence. Not a half bad deal, but it could be automated for, say, 30 Essence, discounted to 15.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2019, 08:55:53 am »

Since [the Living Forges are] a forged race, I'm going to say you [Market and Luda] can each devote an action each turn to boost their Population Expansion by a proportionate amount.

Action 2: The smiths of Market spend much time this tick forging new Living Forges who are shipped to the Nexus.

Action 3: To not completely sour relations with Pururu, Market begins to encourage gradual migration to Nexus, through the Portals, among the Hundredwinged of Taiga on a voluntary and very deliberately slow basis.
I'll say each action spent on Living Forge smithing boosts the Population growth by +0.2, at the cost of 1 Essence. Not a half bad deal, but it could be automated for, say, 30 Essence, discounted to 15.
Okay then.

Discounted for Luda with their Forging sphere only?

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2019, 08:57:05 am »

Okay then.

Discounted for Luda with their Forging sphere only?
Yes, but you could collaborate, and given your Angelic sphere, I'd say it could be lowered to 10.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2019, 11:44:58 am »

I was rereading the IC thread and it has come to my attention that I have made a terrible mistake. Kit Rougard, I haven't been tracking your Essence Income or totals since your inception, and I would like to thoroughly apologize. I've edited each of the updates to rectify the errors, and I hope you still want to continue in the game.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2019, 12:54:58 pm »

Price Check on a Chisel/Wedge that can crack open/break divine realms? And do so permanently, such that their prior owner doesn't get to make another one (certainly not for free, anyway), or can't close it back up?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 01:01:25 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2019, 01:02:19 pm »

Incomprehensible. Also, that's going to get you killed so quickly it's not funny.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8