Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (10/10)(OOC Thread)  (Read 10282 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (10/10)(OOC Thread)
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2019, 01:27:04 pm »

Pricechecks:

Bubbleship Factory:

This facility, when manned by angels and fed materials, can create one Bubbleship per tick, a giant vehicle that has a 10,000 ton capacity and can travel in the void between dimension by generating a bubblefield, imitation of the great reality bubbles where most live. They are clearly merchant vessels, not warships, but may include some defences against pirates.

Stasis Pod:

This pod can send an Archangel or equivalent into hibernation, where they do not expend essence and enter a deep state of sleep, making for easier transport for purposes of sale.

Hydras:

Giant lizard creatures with a few dozen heads, virulent venom and powerful regeneration, they can reproduce slowly over time, and be trained by skilled tamer, making them a viable export as war-beasts.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 01:29:13 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2019, 02:23:04 pm »

Pricecheck:

Realm Wyrm:
A giant fluffy serpent that can tunnel between realms.
Passengers either have to hang onto it's fur (only recommended for Servants), or make Building Belts, that can contain entire Population Units.
A Realm Wyrm can have up to 3 Building Belts when fully grown.

Building Belt:
A part of a city in belt form. It is attached to a Realm Wyrm, and is sealed to survive inter-realm conditions.
They can contain 1 Population Unit each.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2019, 02:57:14 pm »

Concept check: Some fantastical resource with enough DRM (Deity Rights Management) that it can only be made in this specific Bubble

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2019, 03:42:07 pm »

Pricecheck:

The Living Forges

Sets of multiple wheels of living metal whose inner and outer rims are completely covered in eyes. At their centers rest a singing fire that is their soul and heart. They float through the air and can move metal objects through their metalkinesis. Metal can be moved into their corefire and there melted and forged with exquisite skill and craftsmanship. The Living Forges then often use these metal implements to carry out other tasks, like cutting down trees or mining for ore.

They must consume fuel to feed their fire and stay alive, as well as burn brightly to forge metals. The Living Forges grow larger over time, and are theoretically ageless, but often die as they grow older, due to their flames expiring from strain of keeping their giant bodies going if they do not manage themselves well. Still particularly long lived, and this allows them to hone their craft and and forge ever larger and grander metal implements.

Their fires are vulnerable to extinguishing, and thus they will try to avoid rain or other inclement weather.

The Living Forges form tight-knight groups of direct relatives, like the hubs and spokes of a wheel, and will go wherever the fuel and metal is most plentiful, or trade for them as needed.

The act of forging is itself a form of worship to Luda, but additional rituals take the form of trade for Market, and the ritual consumption of large quantities of fuel beyond what is normally conformatable or the sacrifice of metal and fuel by burying it in the ground.

The Living Forges find some forms of fuel more appealing and will seek them out when possible, such is luxury woods of incenses. They have some potential as cooks with their fine fire control.

Life and Death among the Living Forges is something of a cycle. When a Living Forge dies, their soul-flame flickering out for whatever reason, their wheeled bodies are added to one of their metal pillars of the dead, there to be venerated and mourned.

When loving Forge couples join their wheels together so their soul flames can touch, they can imbue smelted metal with that special something that makes it come alive and form a new soulforged, with it's flame being kindled from their shared joining. It is preferred to almost exclusively use the metal of former Living Forges for this, but if such is not available, others can be substituted, and often forms something of regionally ethnicities depending on what metals are available.

When two Forges touch their soul-flames together to make their offspring, the wheels begin to float around this new center. When they once more separate, some of the wheels split in half along the rim, meaning they gain additional, weaker wheels during the process that must be nurtured back to full strength.

Care must be taken to not gain to many wheels lest the forge smother their inner fire. Some prolific Forges might even take the drastic step of mutilating themselves to remain alive

As wheels it is perhaps obvious to say that the Forges can, in times of need or danger, roll along the ground at great speeds instead of their customary hovering, though this is uncomfortable for their many eyes.

Preferences: High combat power, decent alignment with angels and forges.

Bonus points for creativity. I'll say their stats are:

Alignment:
Angels (+4)
Forges (+4)

Population Expansion:
+0.2

Combat Effectiveness:

They'll cost 18 Essence per Population unit, yield +4 Essence Income, and grow +0.2 Population units per Tick.

Pricechecks:

Bubbleship Factory:

This facility, when manned by angels and fed materials, can create one Bubbleship per tick, a giant vehicle that has a 10,000 ton capacity and can travel in the void between dimension by generating a bubblefield, imitation of the great reality bubbles where most live. They are clearly merchant vessels, not warships, but may include some defences against pirates.

Stasis Pod:

This pod can send an Archangel or equivalent into hibernation, where they do not expend essence and enter a deep state of sleep, making for easier transport for purposes of sale.

Hydras:

Giant lizard creatures with a few dozen heads, virulent venom and powerful regeneration, they can reproduce slowly over time, and be trained by skilled tamer, making them a viable export as war-beasts.

Bubbleship Factory:

10 Essence to construct a basic, low-tier Bubbleship, 30 Essence to construct a Bubbleship-yard to confer a 50% bonus on their manufacture for long-term price savings.

Stasis Pod:

They'll have to be custom-built per unit, but 2-10 Essence per Pod is most likely.

Hydras:

Depending on the size of the Hydra. Assuming the mythological beast, 4-6 Essence to create the species, assuming they're a civilizational threat, 12-16, potentially discounted by the correct spheres.

Pricecheck:

Realm Wyrm:
A giant fluffy serpent that can tunnel between realms.
Passengers either have to hang onto it's fur (only recommended for Servants), or make Building Belts, that can contain entire Population Units.
A Realm Wyrm can have up to 3 Building Belts when fully grown.

Building Belt:
A part of a city in belt form. It is attached to a Realm Wyrm, and is sealed to survive inter-realm conditions.
They can contain 1 Population Unit each.

Realm Wrym:

Minimum, 20 Essence per Wrym.

Building Belt:

5 Essence per Building Belt.

Concept check: Some fantastical resource with enough DRM (Deity Rights Management) that it can only be made in this specific Bubble
Price:
Varies wildly based on the resource in question.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2019, 03:50:27 pm »

Pricecheck:

Spoiler: Race 4: Tonpuru (click to show/hide)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2019, 04:24:24 pm »

Pricecheck:

Are these creatures, or are these a race?

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2019, 04:33:39 pm »

They are a race, a race of more combat focused Pururu worshipers.
But since I've come up with a new idea...

This does work differently, so it's okay if it's rejected.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2019, 05:13:37 pm »

I think I'm going to bow out of this; involved in waaaaaaay too many games right now. Enjoy!
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2019, 05:38:48 pm »

Pricecheck:

Their stats are:

Alignment:

Small (+1)
Soft (+3)

Population Expansion:
+2

Combat Effectiveness:

They'll cost 8 Essence per Population unit, yield 2 Essence Income, and grow +0.2 Population per turn. Is this acceptable?

They are a race, a race of more combat focused Pururu worshipers.
But since I've come up with a new idea...

This does work differently, so it's okay if it's rejected.
You essentially want to selectively upgrade Purusians once they reach Population Capacity?

I think I'm going to bow out of this; involved in waaaaaaay too many games right now. Enjoy!
I understand, it's a shame though, Sadiq was always one of my favorite Ye Gods deities and I was looking forward to the genderbent version.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2019, 05:45:36 pm »

Basically they're Elementals.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (9/10)(OOC Thread)
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2019, 06:06:51 pm »

$$$ Price Check

Spoiler: Slithers (click to show/hide)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2019, 07:44:53 pm »

Spoiler: Lending a hand (click to show/hide)
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2019, 08:48:34 pm »

Pricecheck, mortal race!

Spoiler: The Bazagael (click to show/hide)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2019, 10:43:36 pm »

...Slithers? Hoy! They seem a little too close to my Snakeskin...
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2019, 11:55:33 pm »

...Slithers? Hoy! They seem a little too close to my Snakeskin...

Meh, they're both just different kinds of naga.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8