Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (10/10)(OOC Thread)  (Read 10287 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (6/10)(OOC Thread)
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2019, 07:14:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2019, 07:55:37 pm »

Name: Guar
Spheres: (Life and Caverns)
Essence: 10 to begin
Description:

Guar is a iridescent spirit. It shimmers with whites and blues and greens of various shades, but always bright intensities. Small bits of spirit light float up off of it and fade away in a constant reverse shower of light.[
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 08:01:06 pm by Roboson »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 07:57:58 pm »

IN

IN

Name: Guar
Spheres: (Life and Caverns)
Essence: 10 to begin
Description:

Guar is a iridescent spirit. He shimmers with whites and blues and greens of various shades, but always bright intensities. Small bits of spirit light float up off of him and fade away in a constant reverse shower of light.
IN

The IC channel is up, but with that, it's time for a race evaluation.

Spoiler: Race 1: The Purusians (click to show/hide)

I'm going to say the Purusians have the following stats...

Alignment:
- Small, (+3)
- Soft, (+1)
Population Expansion:
- +2
Combat Effectiveness:
- +2

They'll cost 4 Essence per Population, grow at a rate of 0.2 Pop a turn, and grant Pururu +2 Essence income per Pop.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 11:41:52 am by Ardent Debater »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Lo, Divines! (Ye Gods inspired God(ess) game) (9/10)(OOC Thread)
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2019, 11:25:35 pm »

Djinn mortals Pricecheck:

Incorporeal spirits that reproduce sexually, they feed on magics and light. They are able to interact (and be interacted with) with the physical world only when wearing their veil, and only then. If their veil is taken off, they must wait until a new veil grows back. This usually takes 5 years. They have an intricate understanding of essence and magic.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2019, 11:55:54 pm »

---Stealing me the last spot, will fill in a sheet in a moment - just need to fill the Description in this
out
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 11:42:45 am by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2019, 08:31:29 am »

Djinn mortals Pricecheck:

Incorporeal spirits that reproduce sexually, they feed on magics and light. They are able to interact (and be interacted with) with the physical world only when wearing their veil, and only then. If their veil is taken off, they must wait until a new veil grows back. This usually takes 5 years. They have an intricate understanding of essence and magic.
I'll need you to answer a few questions, first. Are the Djinn able to selectively choose whether their incorporality applies, how long-lived are they, and how advanced is their understanding of magic?

---Stealing me the last spot, will fill in a sheet in a moment - just need to fill the Description in this
out
IN, as soon as you've made a description. Three spheres aren't allowed at the beginning of a deity, so I'll fold Lies into Trickery as they're essentially the same sphere.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2019, 09:31:15 am »

I'll need you to answer a few questions, first. Are the Djinn able to selectively choose whether their incorporality applies, how long-lived are they, and how advanced is their understanding of magic?
1. Besides ripping off their veil, no.
2. Same span as a human.
3. They can taste/sense/hear/feel/smell magic/essence.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2019, 09:40:06 am »

1. Besides ripping off their veil, no.
2. Same span as a human.
3. They can taste/sense/hear/feel/smell magic/essence.
Ah, in that case then, their stats are,

Alignment:
Spirits (+4)
Prosperity (+0)

Population Expansion:
+2

Combat Effectiveness:
2, at least until a magic system is created.

They'll cost 6 Essence per Population unit, yield +2 Essence income, and grow +0.2 Pop per turn. Is that reasonable?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2019, 09:53:36 am »

As per mine..

Celestial
Base template: Human.
Abilities:
Can draw upon their own pool of energy to grant themselves flight with wings of light for up to 24 hours. This pool is replenished by being in the Observatory.
Invisible and intangible to mortals.
Technically Immortal, they can live forever so long as they remain in the Observatory. Those who give up their wings live a normal human lifespan of 100 years.
Inherently stronger, their Base Power is 3, with that number going up in time.
New Celestial are born with Worship. Only 3 Celestial are created to start with. Younger Celestial must obey older Celestial. This does not apply to those without their wings, though once a Celestial gives them up, they become fully human, with no reduction in stats or abilities, other than the loss of their wings.
By nature, unable to oppose Sol, or their elders. Becoming fully human removes this.
Mission: Helping Mortals and watching over them.

(How much Worship from mortals is needed for a new Celestial is up to the GM.)

Should be noted this is for later...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 09:57:35 am by TricMagic »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2019, 10:08:28 am »

As per mine..

Celestial
Base template: Human.
Abilities:
Can draw upon their own pool of energy to grant themselves flight with wings of light for up to 24 hours. This pool is replenished by being in the Observatory.
Invisible and intangible to mortals.
Technically Immortal, they can live forever so long as they remain in the Observatory. Those who give up their wings live a normal human lifespan of 100 years.
Inherently stronger, their Base Power is 3, with that number going up in time.
New Celestial are born with Worship. Only 3 Celestial are created to start with. Younger Celestial must obey older Celestial. This does not apply to those without their wings, though once a Celestial gives them up, they become fully human, with no reduction in stats or abilities, other than the loss of their wings.
By nature, unable to oppose Sol, or their elders. Becoming fully human removes this.
Mission: Helping Mortals and watching over them.

(How much Worship from mortals is needed for a new Celestial is up to the GM.)

Should be noted this is for later...

I would prefer that we don't create Humans, but sufficiently divergent Humanoids are perfectly fine. That said, the Celestials aren't exactly Human, so if the base template is changed I'd say their stats are,

Celestial, Minor Servant of Sol, Light of Magic
Essence Cost:
10 for 1 Essence, -0.2 Essence Income per 10.

Combat Effectiveness:
0.10, per individual, meaning that 10 are able to match an entire base 1 Population unit in combat.

I'm not wholly sure what you meant by Base Power of 3, but if you were referring to Combat Effectiveness, they would be Major Servants, which amps up the cost per Celestial considerably and I'm under the impression you intend to make many of them.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2019, 10:13:45 am »

Actually, they are born as Prayer from mortals comes in.. They help mortals, Mortals thank me and my servants, once a certain threshold is reached, a new Celestial is born.

And no, they would be major for the start. This isn't a now template.. (Can I upgrade them later? Cause the one you did may also work.)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2019, 10:19:15 am »

Actually, they are born as Prayer from mortals comes in.. They help mortals, Mortals thank me and my servants, once a certain threshold is reached, a new Celestial is born.

And no, they would be major for the start.
Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding. In that case, their stats are,

Celestial, Major Servant of Sol, Light of Magic
Essence Cost:
12 Essence income to create the initial three, it would be 24, but it's discounted by your spheres. They'll lower Sol's Essence income by an amount of her choice, and 1 will be created every 4 Essence this is reduced. Each individual will reduce her Essence income by -0.2, as they're extremely powerful and not easy to maintain.

Combat Effectiveness:
3, per individual, meaning that 1 is able to match three entire base 1 Population units in combat.

If you want to create them this turn, you'll have to reduce the initial amount, but 4 Essence per unit seems reasonable. Is that better?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 10:22:09 am by Ardent Debater »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2019, 10:22:28 am »

Yep, that will do! I'll make them later, once there are (more)mortals and an actually planet for them to help with.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2019, 10:23:39 am »

Yep, that will do! I'll make them later, once there are (more)mortals and an actually planet for them to help with.
I was going to recommend that you get a stable Essence income first, but it's your decision to make.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2019, 11:43:09 am »

*type typedy type type* DONE
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8