Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481403 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4890 on: May 26, 2022, 08:41:16 pm »

((This all feels oddly right. But I have Covid right now, so maybe I am delirious.))
((Damn. :/
Get well soon!))

"I am this, this close to gooping you all myself."

Look around for a place I could land that's away from ground zero. And not, y'know, otherwise compromised. Then fly there. If any squishlings want to grab on to hitch a ride, let them. If they're too heavy to carry all by myself, let the other flyboys help out.

EDIT: make sure all the braindeads are accounted for. Also that Bob is taken.

EDIT2: If possible this turn, try to think Summer into a better flyer. Immediate evac takes precedence still however. 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
"God damn it, I hate this place."
Activate my shield generator, then me and my robot friends try to catch a ride with Yagyu, if we can't just run in the same direction he's heading.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
"Uh-oh. Pushbot, time to skedaddle!"

Grab a hold of Yagyu since I should still be hiding behind him to catch a ride (or any of our other flying teammembers if Yagyu is gone already). Use my octopus suckers to hold onto him.
Tell pushbot to either catch a ride with someone if he can, or just leg it away from the giant incoming hand.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
((This all feels oddly right. But I have Covid right now, so maybe I am delirious.))
((Damn. :/
Get well soon!))

"I am this, this close to gooping you all myself."

Look around for a place I could land that's away from ground zero. And not, y'know, otherwise compromised. Then fly there. If any squishlings want to grab on to hitch a ride, let them. Unless they're too heavy, in which case let one of the other flyboys handle it.

EDIT: make sure all the braindeads are accounted for. Also that Bob is taken. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hitch a ride. 
Ride along with Yagyu. ((thanks for the encouragement on staying alive and all, guys. I think I'll stick around a little longer after all.))

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bob's Business (click to show/hide)
[5][3]

"Fuck.  Sorry."

"Ey, Yagyu,  you wanna think me into a better flyer?  It'd let you fight without people hanging all over you."

Force Field back on.

Carry as many people as possible and necessary.  Fly out of the mouth, trying to evade the giant hand, while keeping close to the body.

Does this giant pain elemental have the blue flame eyes?

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sensory (click to show/hide)

Get away from the landing site.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
[6]
(No, its eyes are normal. Well, normal-ish.)

"Damn.  Guess I need to fly closer and hit him with an axe.  Anyone got an axe?"

Ah well.  Pick up Kora, and anyone else who wants a ride, and fly out of the path of the big hand.  Then start flying towards the great big ball of blue fire.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission Achievements (click to show/hide)
[1]

Rocket away as fast as possible with my Jumpsuit to dodge the hand. Don't return until the hand has been dealt with. Also, remind the GM to update employees of the month

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
[4]
Scurry off to the big-elemental's shoulder, pull several tons on tnt from my pack and set it off with a big cartoon style detonator, blowing the gimp's whole arm off much like one would detonate a mountain pass.

"Hey guys! Demolition time! Someone give me a hand with this and don't question what I may have in my pack."

Spoiler: sensory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
[2]

Yagyu scoops up Bob and anyone else who looks a bit dazed while the majority of the rest of the team jumps onto him and clings for dear life.  The awkward ball of teammates rockets out over the teeth and back down into the mouth: its the shortest path to safety Yagyu can see.  The rocket pack isn't really designed to hold a half dozen people, neither in terms of aerodynamics or strength, so Yagyu guides the slowly descending clump of security staff onto the roof of the giant mouth. They wedge themselves in the puffy pink flesh and hold on tight.  Baldwin zips down into the mouth as well, but lands just inside, settling into the space between two teeth. Summer, looking more like some sort of freakish bat, snatches Ji up and dives back down into the mouth. She dives all the way back down to the bottom and lands on the swollen tongue blocking the throat.

Wilfred picks up Kora and activates his jump pack. He accelerates forwards a good distance before one of his legs get caught in a cracked bit of enamel. The mechanical foot wedges in at high speed and Wilfred goes whipping forward in a high speed trip, landing face first with a massive clang. Kora goes flying and lands a good 20 or 25 feet away, bouncing to a halt. Neither is quick to right themselves and the hand crashes down before they can move. [1][4] [4v62][12v20]

The hand slams down onto the lips and teeth like a falling mountain, sending a single ripple of force through the flesh and shaking the world. It sits there, covering the mouth for a few long moments before it begins to rise again. Mashed into the creases of the palm is a smudge of blood that used to be Kora and a horribly crushed and mangled chunk of metal that might still be Wilfred.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: May 26, 2022, 10:37:08 pm »

There's really only one Bob thing to do at a time like this.
Swim right on up there and bite that hand directly in the hang nail. Death roll the everloving hell outta it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: May 26, 2022, 11:52:18 pm »

If it seems like that hand is coming back for another slap, either on its own or as a result of Bob Bobbing it up: continue sheltering, or retreat deeper into the mouth if it doesn't seem safe here anymore (take my cargo of precious morsels with me).

If it seems the coast is clear for now, rocket up to Wil and see if I can carefully peel away the chunk of metal and fly it back down to our medics to see if he can be saved. Try to fly such that I avoid the giant's gaze if possible.

EDIT: if flying up to retrieve Wil seems undoable or too dangerous, try to think the chunk of metal loose so it floats down to us.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 01:44:40 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: May 27, 2022, 01:02:42 am »

"You think they can come back?"

Summer says, and then realizes what happened to her.

"Right, silly question.  It's worth a try."

"You sure you want to land on the hand?  We might be able to fix them without actually doing that."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: May 27, 2022, 01:21:57 am »

"I don't know, how would you propose we do that? Cause thinking away our problems has caused just about as much grief as it has prevented.

The giant seemed pretty oblivious to us before despite all the shooting going on. But, I can certainly try to avoid being noticed.

And as to wether they can come back or not... I don't know. Maybe this fucking place will just rebuild them, maybe we need to will them back to existence, maybe they are gone. I don't know how this place works and I'd rather leave before we need to learn much more about it."
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 01:23:53 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: May 27, 2022, 01:34:57 am »

"Lets give it a try at least."  "Maybe we can just sort of revive them from a bit of blood or something.  Get it in a syringe and spray it out, and we've got a little Kora there.  They did say in the briefing that they didn't even know if we could die properly here."

"We blew up and wrecked and destroyed all kinds of them, last mission, and a new one just walked back in from here.  They might even be back at base again, good as new."

Try to retrieve a sample of the blood from the hand.  Use the medkit for advantage in recovering a sample.  Soak it up with some bandages.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 02:10:26 pm by Devastator »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: May 27, 2022, 02:18:56 am »

"Someone else is gonna have to imagine them alive, as my imagination was never that good."
Turn off the shield belt and wait until it's safe to leave cover.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DERP: Hurt him so hard
« Reply #4897 on: May 27, 2022, 07:07:41 am »

*shrug*

Don't be dead?  If not dead, be very angry.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: May 27, 2022, 08:50:39 am »

Be in a limbo of dead or alive due to being forgotten by the narrator

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: DERP: Hurt him so hard
« Reply #4899 on: May 27, 2022, 10:29:19 am »

*shrug*

What if you were angry and dead? A win either way and this cannot go wrong.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: May 27, 2022, 01:00:33 pm »

FUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOU

FUCK YOU, PAY ME

I KNOW THAT THERE IS LIFE AFTER DEATH, AND I WILL HAUNT YOU

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: May 29, 2022, 05:04:01 pm »

continue sticking to yagyu's back for now. Use my sensor suite to scan around for dangers.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: May 30, 2022, 11:50:50 am »

Avenge my fallen pal Wilfred. Begin rapidly spraying occult bullets from a safe area into that floating hand till it's nothing but Swiss cheese. It's wider than the broad side of a barn. How could I possibly miss?

« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 11:53:53 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4903 on: June 10, 2022, 11:05:31 am »

Be in a limbo of dead or alive due to being forgotten by the narrator

Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)
Jack finds himself standing around on the tooth, uninjured somehow. Its as though he phased out of existence for a few seconds at a very opportune time. Odd.

There's really only one Bob thing to do at a time like this.
Swim right on up there and bite that hand directly in the hang nail. Death roll the everloving hell outta it.

[10]
Bob floats away, drifting up towards the receding hand. Once there he bites hold of a finger tip and starts spazzing out, spinning and thrashing.  If the hand notices, it doesn't show it.

If it seems like that hand is coming back for another slap, either on its own or as a result of Bob Bobbing it up: continue sheltering, or retreat deeper into the mouth if it doesn't seem safe here anymore (take my cargo of precious morsels with me).

If it seems the coast is clear for now, rocket up to Wil and see if I can carefully peel away the chunk of metal and fly it back down to our medics to see if he can be saved. Try to fly such that I avoid the giant's gaze if possible.

EDIT: if flying up to retrieve Wil seems undoable or too dangerous, try to think the chunk of metal loose so it floats down to us.

You rocket up, pry the smashed metal cockpit out of the groove in the giant palm, and fly back down. You drop the remnants of the hardsuit onto the tooth and then give it a little kick.

"Hey. Anyone home?"

"Lets give it a try at least."  "Maybe we can just sort of revive them from a bit of blood or something.  Get it in a syringe and spray it out, and we've got a little Kora there.  They did say in the briefing that they didn't even know if we could die properly here."

"We blew up and wrecked and destroyed all kinds of them, last mission, and a new one just walked back in from here.  They might even be back at base again, good as new."

Try to retrieve a sample of the blood from the hand.  Use the medkit for advantage in recovering a sample.  Soak it up with some bandages.

You grab a sample of the smear that used to be....whats her name? Ah whatever.

"Someone else is gonna have to imagine them alive, as my imagination was never that good."
Turn off the shield belt and wait until it's safe to leave cover.
"Safe" is a very subjective thing and it probably won't be "safe" for quite a while. We're gonna assume you stay hidden for the moment, out of uncertainty.

*shrug*

You kick open the emergency hatch on the ruined suit and climb out. You don't feel too bad but Yagyu is pointing at you with some clear shock. You look down and see that a large metal reinforcing rod from the suit's internal frame has been jammed straight through your sternum. Huh. You poke it. Doesn't even hurt much. You're bleeding but not outrageously. Weird. Actually...this feels kinda good.

continue sticking to yagyu's back for now. Use my sensor suite to scan around for dangers.

You point at Wilfred. In terms of dangers, he's probably the biggest one to the team. In a general sense.

Avenge my fallen pal Wilfred. Begin rapidly spraying occult bullets from a safe area into that floating hand till it's nothing but Swiss cheese. It's wider than the broad side of a barn. How could I possibly miss?

[6]
Baldwin, presumably, fires fragile darkness up at the big hand. The shot hits the pointer finger and the entire finger transforms into bats. All of it. Into bats. Tens of thousands or maybe hundreds of thousands of them. They're all clustered together in the shape of the finger...and they're starting to fall. The ones on the exterior of the mass are leaping off and flying away but the sheer mass of the bat finger is so great that most of them are trapped within, waiting for the successive layers above them to fly off.  And the entire finger of bats is falling towards the face. It looks like it will miss the mouth and hit the cheek.

FUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOU

FUCK YOU, PAY ME

I KNOW THAT THERE IS LIFE AFTER DEATH, AND I WILL HAUNT YOU

Screaming can be heard from within the gums near the team and a moment later Kora emerges from them like a chest burster. She's naked, itemless, absolutely coated in gore, looks slightly paler than before, and is screaming a constant stream of obscenities. Over all, considering she was reduced to paste moments ago, she looks fairly good. 

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: June 10, 2022, 11:50:59 am »

"Okay, so.. I don't think we can die here."
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 334