Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481485 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4845 on: April 28, 2022, 11:10:15 pm »

Stop trying to mess with heat for now.

Try to break free by using my presumably increased strength to push at the flesh surrounding me.

If that doesn't work..

More size fuckery.  Repeated size fuckery.. try to get bigger, then smaller, then bigger, etc.  Alternate.  Start with larger, since that actually did something.  If I grow bigger, try to use strength to open up some open space in the fleshwall.  If I grow smaller, I should now have open space.  Either way, I should break free eventually, it's only a matter of time.  Keep trying until I break free or size fuckery stops working.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sensory (click to show/hide)
[4]
You rip and tear until you suddenly break out into daylight...or whatever passes for it here. You're poking out of the gums, not too far from Yagyu actually.

Perceive Swamp. Float in wait. Await incentive to remember Frienderp's existence.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bob's Business (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[5]
The flesh around bob becomes a rather bloody pool of swamp water which he immediately sinks into.

Where's the Doom? The slavering hordes? The brutality and character loss? All I see here is heavily armored vets standing around and using their expensive info-gathering toys! Show me something more PW! Show me your huge guts so that I can blow them to pieces!

Otherwise stand around behind armored asses and wait for our fearless leaders to come to a decision.

Spoiler: sensory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)
[3]
stick with Yagyu. Use one of my camera drones to circle around our current position and keep an eye out for trouble.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)

i pray a silent prayer to the eldritch gods, following the team.
Use the enviro scanner on the blue flame. Probably will just be gibberish but might as well try.

Using the drone and scanner (and plain looking around), see if I can spot any more signs of Friendly's influence. So far we've only seen the gimp giant and that blue flame overhead. Try to determine if that blue star is the source of the infection or just a symptom. 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Be up top with Yagyu.  Use the psychometric reconstructor to measure this place's history of death.  Do things count as dying here?  Or is it really some changing forms mumbo jumbo?  Use Subspace Library too, if that would be more appropriate.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission Achievements (click to show/hide)
"So how do we get down from here?"
Head up the rope to Yagyu the wait for everyone else to climb up the retrieve the harpoon gun.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
"Huh neat."
Get up to Yagyus position once up eat some of the metaphysical saltine crackers
Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)

Everyone climbs up onto the tooth. They get up onto the surface of it, a wide, flat area of white enamel pot marked by divots of decay.   This goes fine. Some Saltines are eaten. Some prayers are made. This all goes fine. 

As the various veterans begin unzipping their sensors and binos and scanners a newbie wishes something aloud.  "I wish there was more to fight." she says, looking wistfully at the nightmare world with a hint of bloodlust. And as though the very world itself was listening to her, her wish was granted. Not more than 20 feet away a slab of tooth goes flipping up into the air like someone door-kicked it straight up. A pain elemental rises from this hole on a plinth of bone that seems to be forming under him. He is dressed in an ornate suit of human bones with a huge head dress of rib bones that seems to be embedded directly in his skull. Blue flames are literally jetting out of both his eyes like blowtorches. 

The Pain elemental gestures and a jagged chunk of bone the size of a semi-truck tears out of the tooth and spins towards the team like a gore combine harvester.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: April 29, 2022, 12:24:06 am »

Duck the bone, then shoot the PE
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: April 29, 2022, 12:33:05 am »

"Yeah I'm out."

Do the peace out symbol then think about how im currently in my security office and how enjoyable it is to watch the team go through near suicidal death missions rather than experiencing them personally myself.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: April 29, 2022, 02:07:08 am »

Go into an explosives frenzy. Explosives are the best, they're all that is, PRAISE WIL FUCK DERP PRAISE WIL FUCK DERP!!!

DO YOU KNOW WHO THE FUCK YOU'RE MESSING WITH!? I AM THE DANGER! ET CETERA!

PAIN DIMENSION DELENDA EST

FUCK DERP

FUCK YOUR BONES

I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SUPPLIES IN THE DOOM DIMENSION KILLING THINGS GIVES ME AMMO

I HAVE AN EXPLOSIVES POWERED CHAINSAW AND IM GONNA SAW YOU IN HALF BIG GUY

YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS

PRAISE WIL FUCK DERP

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: April 29, 2022, 03:10:45 am »

"Why would you wish for that?"
Get me and my robot friends out of the path of that thing then shoot the gimp.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: April 29, 2022, 11:47:48 am »

Activate my force-field.  Jump away, out of the path of the bone splinter, diving down with my arms out in front of me.  Also cover myself with a pair of large, leathery wings, which I, apparently, now have.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 12:03:14 pm by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: April 29, 2022, 06:54:48 pm »

Use jumpjets to dodge the bone.

The firing distance seems close, so primary fire shotgun (2d10), secondary fire other shotgun (2d10).

(If the firing distance is rated as long instead, primary fire cutting laser and secondary fire ferromagnetic.)

Either way, the aim is to blow of the elemental's legs to immobilize it, dead space style. If I can blow off the arms as well that's a nice bonus, but legs have priority.

"Don't forget, disable not destroy!"

« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 07:49:22 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: DERP: Hurt him so hard
« Reply #4852 on: May 01, 2022, 09:05:51 am »

"Hey!  Bastard!  I'M the only bonegod here!  FUCK DERP!"

Catch the giant chunk of bone with both ghost-god powers and powerful hardsuit arms, spinning it around and throwing it right back at the elemental bastard.  If it or something else kills him, trap his soul.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: May 02, 2022, 03:40:17 pm »

shoot elemental.  follow team.  pray to eldritch gods for magical power.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4854 on: May 04, 2022, 02:28:53 pm »

"Yeah I'm out."

Do the peace out symbol then think about how im currently in my security office and how enjoyable it is to watch the team go through near suicidal death missions rather than experiencing them personally myself.

[1]
Jack throws out a piece sign and immediately gets rooted into the bone. His feet literally fuse into the bone. He's going nowhere.

Activate my force-field.  Jump away, out of the path of the bone splinter, diving down with my arms out in front of me.  Also cover myself with a pair of large, leathery wings, which I, apparently, now have.

[6] Summer, now looking an awful lot like a bat with giant membranous wings instead of arms as well as giant ears and a somewhat warped face, is still mostly buried in meat so she simply tucks her head back in to avoid any conflict. Forcefield is active too. Just in case.

"Hey!  Bastard!  I'M the only bonegod here!  FUCK DERP!"

Catch the giant chunk of bone with both ghost-god powers and powerful hardsuit arms, spinning it around and throwing it right back at the elemental bastard.  If it or something else kills him, trap his soul.

[8][9]
While everyone else is ducking, diving, and flying away Wilfred instead steps forward and braces himself. He doesn't so much catch the giant slab of bone as he simply stops it; shoving both hands into the projectile and skidding 10 feet back as he absorbs its momentum. As soon as that energy has spent itself against his great bulk he charges forwards and shoves the bone back the way it came. The slab tumbles towards the Pain Elemental for about half the distance before the elemental makes a gesture and the bone detonates into tens of thousands of shards that rain down harmlessly.

Use jumpjets to dodge the bone.

The firing distance seems close, so primary fire shotgun (2d10), secondary fire other shotgun (2d10).

(If the firing distance is rated as long instead, primary fire cutting laser and secondary fire ferromagnetic.)

Either way, the aim is to blow of the elemental's legs to immobilize it, dead space style. If I can blow off the arms as well that's a nice bonus, but legs have priority.

"Don't forget, disable not destroy!"

[9][8][2d10 x 2]

shoot elemental.  follow team.  pray to eldritch gods for magical power.
[2]

Duck the bone, then shoot the PE
[11][2d8]

Go into an explosives frenzy. Explosives are the best, they're all that is, PRAISE WIL FUCK DERP PRAISE WIL FUCK DERP!!!

DO YOU KNOW WHO THE FUCK YOU'RE MESSING WITH!? I AM THE DANGER! ET CETERA!

PAIN DIMENSION DELENDA EST

FUCK DERP

FUCK YOUR BONES

I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SUPPLIES IN THE DOOM DIMENSION KILLING THINGS GIVES ME AMMO

I HAVE AN EXPLOSIVES POWERED CHAINSAW AND IM GONNA SAW YOU IN HALF BIG GUY

YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS

PRAISE WIL FUCK DERP

[7][d12]

"Why would you wish for that?"
Get me and my robot friends out of the path of that thing then shoot the gimp.
[9][d8]

[10v8], [7v10], [1+7v10],[3v12] [1v1]

With the threat of the bone slab dealt with the team is free to open up on the Pain Elemental. As  they do so the Elemental makes another gesture and a wall of bone rises in front of it. Slugs and rounds bite into this barrier in bursts of white splinters before everything is obscured by the blast of one of Kora's frag grenades. The smoke and powdered bone dust clears within a few seconds, revealing a badly mulched wall of bone. Holes have been punched through but behind them is nothing but the red sky. The only bit of flesh that is visible is a buckshot shredded chunk of thigh peeking out where Yagyu was aiming.

The badly mulched wall tumbles forward and the pain elemental steps, limping slightly, on top of it. He makes a wide sweeping gesture and the fragments of bone left from Wilfred's counterattack suddenly surge forward.  They come together into a huge cloud of enamel flack, each a needle sharp blade. Dodging the cloud would be impossible without moving huge distances within a matter of seconds, and its flying directly towards the team.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: May 04, 2022, 02:41:15 pm »

"SLOW!"

And they'll stay there, hanging in the air. Still moving, still deadly, but their movement nearly imperceptible.

Also throw dozens of grenades of various kinds at the gimp.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 05:30:49 pm by Egan_BW »

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: May 04, 2022, 04:15:34 pm »

"Well shucks."
Eh all of this is only psudo real anyway just imagine a projectile shield then eat some more metaphysical saltine crackers

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: May 04, 2022, 04:43:56 pm »

Need to get tougher.

No, not batlike, dragon-like.  Look at the wings around me.. they're growing thicker, becoming covered with bright, shiny scales.  Take the itchy feeling of that and spread it to the rest of my body, as I turn into a dragon-like creature, strong and tough, not a fragile bat.

Larger too.  Dragons are big and it'd be easier to dig myself out of this if I were only buried up to my knees or something.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 05:58:54 pm by Devastator »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: May 04, 2022, 11:49:34 pm »

Assist in thinking 'slow' at the projectiles to stop them.

If that fails, brace for impact! Be a giant metal ass for those in need.

If we can still attack after all that: primary fire shotgun (2d12), secondary fire other shotgun (2d12).
(Weakness Analysis protocols is at lvl1, "Increase damage dealt by 1 die level", so it's d12)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: May 05, 2022, 06:35:50 pm »

Grab the nearest fleshy, or similarly fragile teammate and shove them behind myself to shield them.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 334