Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 481878 times)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Such sights to see
« Reply #4605 on: February 11, 2022, 12:33:42 am »

((Someone's still salty about make believe item theft.))
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: February 11, 2022, 05:22:59 am »

((The issue I have with giving out the gun is actually much more practical.  I don't think it will help at all with killing the pain elementals, and will likely instead result in negative consequences for the shooter, and possibly everyone else around.  Testing it here is mostly all downside, with the one upside of learning about the gun... and since Wilfred has a psychometric reconstructor, there's a very safe way to do that.  It's just a bad idea, I have no reason to support it.  That said, you make a good point--Wilfred already agreed to a test before, because he doesn't really care about all that.  He's not very good at weighing consequences, and for him the biggest downside of Baldwin testing it is that Wilfred won't be there to witness the carnage.  But he can review the security footage, thinking about it.

Also, Dev is a good friend of mine, and calling him scummy doesn't really help your case.  :P  I'm not worried about theft, that's... pretty obviously an awful idea.))

Baldwin catches Wilfred just as he's leaving the dorms.  And by 'catches', I mean he finds Wilfred and starts following him while describing why he wants the occult gun.  There's no response for a solid minute, and then Wilfred sighs heavily, and stops.

"Alright, alright, whatever.  Just make sure to fire it in mew of some cameras, I want to see the carnage."

The cockpit of Wilfred's hardsuit opens, and the catgirl leans out, offering the strange gun to Baldwin.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #4607 on: February 11, 2022, 01:02:23 pm »

Go with Wil and probably grab a blindfold and TTS headphones because that would be a good idea. Regardless of how bad the rest of the ideas here may be.

Spoiler: notes (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: February 12, 2022, 07:49:16 am »

"I swear, this thing must be some refurbished shit. Or are the batteries running low or something?"

Once more, see if I can't find what subsequent "ritual fo sensations" demanded, both through the omniscient network and the regular company intranet. Or at least what the last known one was, to see how close these pain elementals might be to the "something terrible" they're working up to. Send an e-mail to the analysts who worked on this back in the day if need be.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4609 on: February 12, 2022, 01:35:26 pm »

Blubber something about "Damn fat cat bluecoats" or whatever and give the two-hundred omni but also see if I can convince the med staff to improve my arm as well, maybe for a bit more omni.

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)
[3]
They replace your arm with a robot one. Robot arms are definitely better than flesh.

Having encountered a literal dead end with the closet after leaving the room to avoid the obvious bomb, Baldwin remembers the darkness gun and decides the pain elementals would be the perfect test subject. Perhaps it annihilates souls and if that were the case, everything can be wrapped up with a neat bow.

Baldwin attempts to track down Wilfred so he can ask him if he can borrow the gun. For Science. He reasons the Pain elementals would be quite helpful at describing the sensation of being shot by it.

EDIT: Run back to the group once Wilfred gives the gun to me if there's time

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
We'll assume you got it and made it back.

That's a start.. just need some better weapons, then.

Lets see what Bill Pelican can turn up.  Either some mind drugs that cause sensory deprivation, or some kind of agent that actively destroys nerve endings.  Or both, in a fun injectable cocktail.  There must be some nice antagonists or overly-firm receptor binding agents around..

Hopefully it'll be free, but if not, well, I can borrow the money for them and submit it as expenses.

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
[4]
Mr. Pelican, who you find a few cubicle blocks away digging through someone's desk, just hands you a syringe of some sort of bright red liquid and tells you not to "Get any on yourself" before shooing you away.

Turn off the gas, then politely ask if a PE wants to volunteer to help me test out my Tesla gauntlet.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
You turn off the gas and ask one of the pain elementals that hasn't been trapped in the goop -new ones are wandering out of the door all the time at this point- to help test your gauntlet. He agrees happily.

"You guys sure do like to talk in riddles, I don't even know where I'd get a hollow log guess I could use a pipe instead."
I guess I should act on this advice so I shall go find a turkey and a section of pipe big enough the turkey will fit in then shove the turkey into the pipe, then take it over to where the gimps are and see if I can convince them that the mystery pipe is something incredible and the only way I'll give it to them is if they leave and shut the door, and if they do accept this deal let them leave then give them the pipe.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
[1]
You get your head stuck in a 3 foot length of pipe.

I don't even know how.

Where did you even get that?

[3]
"We are always looking for new explorers in the realm of sensation! New lands to conquer, as it were."
They listen to your explanation about HELL
"Ah, interesting. They seem rather uncivilized, but they do also seem to have their hearts in the right place."
"Yes! Removing the entire skeleton from someone all in one instant! What wonderful skill".
"Rowdy is just another word for enthusiastic."
They seem to approve of the idea of spreading their ideas and practices in HELL.

So, it seems we have come to an agreement then? We provide them with an interesting denizen of HELL, and in return they pack up and leave us alone. Do I have that correctly? Or do they want us to take them to HELL?

Either way, check with our superiors to see if they're on board with our plan.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
They seem to want a portal into HELL rather than just a single citizen of it.
[2]
You attempt to convince command that HELL is the perfect place to send pain obsessed immortals. It honestly does make sense. Command is very non-committal though: they seem to worry that giving the Pain elementals access to hell might come back to bite humanity in the future.

Wilfred doesn't have aaaany problem delivering the cube.  He just needs to be pointed in the right direction.  Also, told, like, who's in charge of Derp's containment.  Go pick up some audio-blocking text to speech earphones from the dorms, first, then head down there.

Baldwin isn't getting Wilfred's toy gun unless he successfully makes a convincing offer beyond "heeeey can I have it for a bit pretty please?"  I haven't forgotten about it, it's just not a priority right now.  It's still not his.  Okay fine he can have the Fragile Darkness.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission achievements (click to show/hide)
They provide you with instructions that point towards an elevator, followed by a long monorail ride, another elevator, and then a several mile walk. Finally, you reach the giant doorway that they claim leads to Mr. Friend. He's apparently suspended in a sensory deprivation chamber held in place by magnetic restraints above a deep shaft. If he starts to escape the cell will be dropped straight into the pit. Thats what they told you at least, but you haven't seen what lies beyond that door yet.

"..I mean, okay.  You going to arrest Baldwin for doing random occult experiments?  Or Kora for throwing actually-lethal grenades?

If you work with me we might find a weapon that works on them."
"Agh fine ill let you off with a warning this time but next time please think about what your doing before you do it, I mean come on who knows how long its gonna take for that gas to dissipate! Not even mentioning you gassed poor Bob... Also if I see you try to throw anything else in that room without explaining what it is to me first again im tackling you down to the ground."
Sit back down in my chair slightly more alert thanks to Summer's shenigans.
Spoiler:  Jack Blackwater (click to show/hide)
Waiting intensifies.

Go with Wil and probably grab a blindfold and TTS headphones because that would be a good idea. Regardless of how bad the rest of the ideas here may be.

We'll assume you get those things and that he...probably...takes you with.
[4]
Its not entirely clear what all of them were, but the most recent one apparently involves something called the "Torture Core". Which, from info you can come by, it seems to be some sort of continous torture program running in the deep bowels of the OMNI moon base.  You can't find any specifics....

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: February 12, 2022, 01:41:55 pm »

((Does the arm change anything about my stats or is it purely ascetic?))

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: February 12, 2022, 02:25:17 pm »

Take the PE into a side corridor. Fully charge my Tesla gauntlet (if possible) and punch the PE with it
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: gauntlet (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: February 12, 2022, 04:02:45 pm »

Ed sends another e-mail to his team members

E-mail, subject "torture core?":
Hey guys, Ed the supporctopus here again. Did some more digging on the pain elementals, but details are vague. Remember how I mentioned in my last mail that OMNITECH started out their little Pain Elemental Non Agression Pact with something called the "annual stubbing of the toe"? And how those things have gotten progressively worse, and how the analyst team thinks the elementals are working towards something truly big?

Well, as far as I have found, we've gone from the annual stubbing of the toe to currently something that's called the "Torture Core". Which seems to be some sort of continous torture program running in the deep bowels of the OMNI moon base. Worse, that's not even the latest one, it's just the most recent one I could find.

So, uh, seeing how much these things have escalated already, we may not want to give too much more to the elementals. They might be getting close to their ultimate plan thing already.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: February 12, 2022, 08:25:12 pm »

"I've got a syringe of stuff that Mr. Pelican thinks can hurt them.  It might help give a better deal."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: February 13, 2022, 04:07:40 am »

"Oh god this is embarrassing."
Go try and pull the pipe off my head, if that fails have my robot friends help.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things I've done. (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: WOOD: Constructive
« Reply #4615 on: February 13, 2022, 07:09:42 am »

"Heeey, guys, Wilfred here.  Just want to warn you, in a few minutes I'll be handing over a portal to the pain dimewnsion over to that old bastard Derp.  It's probably not gonna have any negative consequences for any of us, but just in case, you might want to be somewhere the pain elementals aren't.  And mute me and Kora too.  Just in case.  Don't worry, I've already accepted all the consequences this might result in!  Fuck Derp."

In local speech, he says the following: "Kora.  Ride's over, the fun part starts now.  Give me all your explosives, put on the blindfold, and wear those earplugs.  Or maybe just start running, though I want one of those frags first.  I'll buy you two replacements if I have to use it.  Oh, and stand behind me, unless you want me to shoot you.  Should probably stay still, too."

I didn't specify to leave inventory behind when fetching the TTS gear, but I'm gonna say almost all of Wil's inventory was left behind at his apartment.  Kora has been brought along.  Wait for, oh, three or four minutes before opening the door, and get some stuff ready during that time:

First, I recall Wil programing his robot body in the Derp mission to fire on anything that moved, without his input.  Hilariously, it resulted in him shooting allies as well.  Anyway, dig that program up, and have it run on the hardsuit.  If that's impossible, oh well, nevermind.

Second, prepare a speech-to-text message which states in a robotic voice: "Movement will be fired upon.  Remain still."  Make sure this begins to play on repeat as soon as the door is told to open.

Third, ensure the TTS earplugs are functioning, and set all cameras to 0.2 FPS, updating at the same time.  Ensure the hardsuit is locked.  Ensure the atmosphere is self-contained.  All senses should be accounted for.  In the hardsuit's right hand, hold the generic pistol.  In its left hand, the pain portal box, and a frag grenade.  If the hardsuit's hand isn't large enough to hold both, sit down first and make sure both are in easy reach.

Once the wait is over, trigger the door to open, while the pistol is held at the ready.  Further action depends on what is seen.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mission achievements (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: February 13, 2022, 07:09:01 pm »

Get to the door next to the room full of gimps, and arm my squirrel-bot with the syringe from Pelican.  Then put the VR headset on.

"Here's the new weapon Jack.  Can you get the door for my squirrel-bot?"

Spoiler: Summer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #4617 on: February 14, 2022, 11:36:01 pm »

Give Wil a frag and an rpg.
"Be sure to use it then, I want more of 'em."

Suppress my senses using the provided equipment and prepare for the show. Or the audiobook version of the show, at least.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: February 15, 2022, 01:16:06 am »

Some time passes, when Baldwin kicks open the door before nonchalantly strolling in, dressed in a suit and carrying the gun. Hopefully the gas had dispersed by then.

He takes a puff from his pipe and clears his throat.

"Err-hm. Gentlemen. I come with an opportunity and a request."

He presents the weapon.

"What you see here, is no ordinary firearm but an artifact from a mythical place called the Neo-Detroit exclusion zone. Notice the fleshy bits growing out of it. As you can tell, Neo-detroit is not your typical run-of-the-mill city, but unlike H.E.L.L, Neo-Detroit has no rules, at least none that are set in stone. It is a dream-like realm powered by the imagination of a god-like maniac and as a result, anything can happen."

Baldwin Saunter's over to a computer in the office and then boots up a Powerpoint presentation he made before-hand.

"You can be walking down the road, and then suddenly be transformed into a creature that by no means should be able to walk."

Baldwin presses a button and an image of a 12 foot tall metal abomination that seems to be made of braided lamp posts and stop lights appears on a projector (this is an office room, of course it's got a projector). Baldwin presses unpause and the clip plays, showing the giant in motion, fighting against people.
Spoiler: From Here actually (click to show/hide)

"You can be admiring a beautiful sunset, up until the sky erupts into a hellscape before before personally coming down to attack you"

Baldwin plays footage he finds online of a "leak". Ideally something dramatic that aligns with what he is describing above.

Spoiler: source (click to show/hide)

"And sometimes, you have no idea wtf is happening to you at all. I mean look at this my friend, do have any idea what's going on? Imagine how it must FEEL!"

Baldwin plays appropriate footage from the red zone, certainly there must be something he found.

"If you're looking for new avenues of pursuing sensation, then you'll be hard-pressed to find a place that can beat Neo-detroit. You've got plenty of variety. From minor disturbances (Yellow zones) to realms of utter madness (the red zone). The red zones may push even your tolerances to the limits."

Baldiwn smirks as if to challenge them

"Does that sound interesting to you guys? If so, you can have it, and if you act now, I'll even throw in a massive civilian population you can experiment on entirely free of charge."

"Such a valuable offer does not come easily though. Since command is a bit uppity about creating portals, we'll have to move an existing one to the proper location instead. The portal you created here is the most convenient one for our purposes. We just need you guys to decouple it from the wall and allow us to shuttle it to Detroit where we can then install it in a nearby building."

"If you have any doubts about neo-Detroit's power, then I want to show you a little taste of what this city has to offer."

Baldwin points the occult gun "Fragile Darkness" at the massive mound of gimp flesh.

"Neo-Detroit changes those who visit it. It changed this gun, it changed myself" he says as he gestures to his bloody wings. "And it will most certainly change you. This weapon comes from a realm of dreams and has never been fired, so we will both get to see something new."

*dramatic gun cock*

"Are you ready to change your life?"

Before Baldwin enters the room, he finds a suit to change into and gathers footage to create a PowerPoint presentation that is as close to the above ideal scenario as possible (using internet, my cable subscription, or company files). He may need to wheel in a projector as well. He's gonna pitch Neo-Detroit BABY!!!

As for the gun, aim it at the mass of Gimpflesh, but position it in such a way that it will head towards the Pain portal if the shots over-penetrate. Only shoot it if the Gimps actually request me to or they seem unenthusiastic.

Spoiler: Baldwin Reborn (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 01:30:22 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: February 15, 2022, 01:23:55 pm »

Get some painkillers or opiates while at Med HQ then go test my arm out.

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 334