Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482683 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: (S)ubsume (A)ll (M)eat
« Reply #4230 on: October 23, 2021, 03:05:01 am »

No part of your bolded text mentions any of the three other vulnerable characters.

((More than three unfortunately. We can't forget AFK players like the other ED (Harry Baldwin's character). Akanorth I could honestly take or leave (I'm still a little salty about the aborted murder attempt), but with Tara and Bob, I handled them the way I did because I didn't want to dictate your every action. If for whatever reason you decided not to save them I would have left them to their fate.

You have to believe me when I say the bold text was an oversight because I thought the rest of my post made the intent clear enough. Especially when my second piece of bold text uses the word "us" implying multiple people make it on to the Silverfish (I also doubt that you would boost the ship if I was the only person on it). It definitely is a problem that needed fixing though, so I'm glad you pointed that out.

As for the issue of overloading the vehicle, to be honest I didn't plot out every detail. It's a solvable problem though and that's what these discussions are for. I just wanted to get across the basic gist of:

• Silverfish is much faster than EDPC
  • Organic players need to get on it so they can outrun the blast

cause before I thought of this, I thought we were completely doomed. I don't want to dictate the actions of every other player in the opening post, because first, it isn't fun to have someone else tell you what your character should do, and secondly I'm bound to overlook something anyway (I completely forgot about blue ED when I made the first post) so discussion is still necessary. Also, I thought that since you were the one bringing Bob and Tara on board, you would be the one who would try to squeeze them in. Or they would initiate the squeezing themselves since ultimately their characters were the ones who would be doing the action of climbing aboard. Baldwin is just some guy sitting in a cockpit.

If you want my thoughts on the capacity issue though, the simplest solution I can think of is to stuff as many people in the vehicle as we can, and then have the gripper/landing-gear clutch your body while you hold the stragglers in your arms. If you use your rockets, that might even prevent the weight slowdown you were talking about.

Wouldn't you have rather used a solution you came up with though?

Making cable harnesses for everyone is another alternative I can think of, but that would take more time to set up.))
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 03:56:12 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: October 23, 2021, 03:54:53 am »

"Oh shit people are melting, thank fuck I died and became a robot."
Find a hatch to the roof and pop out enough that I can fire my rocket launcher with out hitting anyone and blowup some of the cars in our path if it seems like it would help any.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 02:38:02 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: October 23, 2021, 06:32:47 am »

"I don't think those two are going to make it in without your help Will, but regardless of what you do with them, I'd appreciate if you could lend your suit rockets to give us some extra speed."
((Thanks for thinking of Tara and Bob. Don't worry too much about us though, we went through a giant corpsegate into an alternate reality on purpose.))

"Wilfred! Lend me a hand! I'm not the most dextrous monkey and us fleshbags need to get in that Silverfish, NOW! The EDPC is a heavily armed, heavily armored juggernaut, while the Silverfish is a speedy lightweight reconnaissance craft. It's got a top speed of 200 mph! If that can't get us out of here, then nothing can!"

"Oh, sorry.  I'm a little bit too busy discussing selfishly sacrificing myself to save everyone's lives.  I don't have time to assist with your attempt to heroically abandon everyone here in a blind attempt to save yourself.  Don't worry though; if you steal the flier, I'll make sure to kill you after I get back to base.  Yags, think we should go with ghosty plan, or do you figure the nuke's good enough?"
((Fuck Derp so hard. Also, speaking of kidnapping what we have rightfully stolen (insert Vizzini death laugh), feel free to stuff Bob and Tara (or a non-braindead teammate) into the Silverfish. Bob's got much better tech than Jon did. We might even get it out of here in mostly one piece! It'd actually be a not terrible idea to rescue up to two teammates that way. But, you know, Bob gonna Bob, so Bob'll take what Bob gets, one way or the other. Fuck Derp))

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: October 23, 2021, 09:32:51 am »

akanorth hunkers down and utters a silent prayer to whatever gods are out there.  He then helps with drawing runes. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 03:19:53 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: October 23, 2021, 03:10:29 pm »

"Oh, sorry.  I'm a little bit too busy discussing selfishly sacrificing myself to save everyone's lives.  I don't have time to assist with your attempt to heroically abandon everyone here in a blind attempt to save yourself.  Don't worry though; if you steal the flier, I'll make sure to kill you after I get back to base.  Yags, think we should go with ghosty plan, or do you figure the nuke's good enough?"

"At this point, I think we will stand the best chance if we focus all our efforts on getting out of here faster. EdPC is having trouble getting through, and even if we outrun the fleshmelt field we have a blastwave incoming.

Speaking on the latter, Wil, from the way command worded it it seemed like they expect us to take control of the drone carrying the package to direct it. You are the best techie we have right now that's still lucid, maybe you can ensure that the nuke wil go off the second we are out of the danger zone?"

"Baldwin, I understand that you're scared and your idea of getting the fleshies away from here faster definitely isn't without merit. But there are quite a few of you and trying to find a way to somehow carry all of you with a light flier not made for transporting much weight would take time and effort we could instead spend on getting everyone else out of the incoming blast wave. Not to mention you'd need to find a pilot. And yes, I realize we could just wait with the bombing run until we're far enough away, but with every second we wait that thing out there might incubate some fresh horror that makes it immune to our strike. We need to kill it now, while perhaps it may still be killed.

For example, maybe you could use your occult methods to create a barrier of some sort that can interfere with the fleshmelt field and buy us some time that way."

Would it help if I used the EdPC's main gun to blast away obstacles/roadblocks so he doesn't need to go around them as much? Or would that just create more debris and/or slow us down due to recoil? If it seems like it'd help, do so.

If not, then instead ruminate on the nature of that fleshmelt field, maybe that'll give us an idea of how we can shield our fleshling teammates from it.

((EDIT: just checked, and the silverfish can carry around 226 kg according to the manual we found earlier. Assuming around 70 kg per person on average, and assuming we're taking Akanorth, Baldwin, Tara (other braindeads not included), you definitely couldn't also take Bob, it'd be way over the weight limit. Maybe stuffing the fleshy peeps into the car and driving ahead would work better at this point, though it'd be a crapshoot to get them in there.))

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 03:54:46 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: October 23, 2021, 11:12:37 pm »

((Since it seems like our discussion is coming to a standstill, I was thinking that it might help to take a more utilitarian approach to our problem. As a result, I have decided to create a dossier of all of the personnel on this mission. The variables I'm tracking include whether they are organic, whether they have a cognition copier, and whether they are active/inactive. I believe that with this information, we can determine who actually needs saving and make plans appropriately.

Spoiler: The Dossier (click to show/hide)

In addition to the names in the Dossier, there is also the guide Yagyu hired. I'm going to assume that we parted ways at the Bizarre and he has now been absorbed into the Sam Amalgam. Poor guy.

Let's get to the analysis though. After compiling the Dossier, I can share the following bits of useful information:
  • There are 9 organics involved in the mission in total
  • Of those 9, 6 of them do not have cognition copiers
  • Of those 6, 3 of them are still active players.

If we decide to be heartless and desperate, we can save those 3 by squeezing them onto the silverfish (bob can be transported via landing gear gripper). If we decided to save the AFK's without cognition copiers, then Janet can easily be retconned as having fled the team as an overreaction to the snap scare, which leaves us with two additional AFKs overall. Still a problem though. Maybe Piecewise will be more creative with the retcons if he is even willing to do such a thing.

Abandoning the guys with cognition copiers doesn't come without a cost though. They will need to acquire/purchase new bodies once their old ones are dissolved. I personally am willing to donate part of my paycheck to this cause as a gesture of OOC goodwill. I'm not a greedy bastard IRL after all. I also believe EEEDD can be retconned as having abandoned the group to continue his ministry so we won't have to pay for his replacement body at least.

We can assume the retconned players eventually ended up somewhere safe like the military base.

Let's start discussing some possible plans now though.
Spoiler:  My ideas for Plans (click to show/hide)

Anyway, these are some basic frameworks I came up with to try to save our asses. Please tell me which ones you find the most preferable. Our final plan will probably use elements from multiple of these, but it's important to know what the options are. None of them are ideal, but my favourite is plan C, with plan E as the runner up. I'm perfectly willing to abandon SAM on the planet as long as we make it out alive.))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #4236 on: October 23, 2021, 11:21:21 pm »

"ALRIIIGHT!  Piloting a nuke is way better than becoming a nuke!  I'll get right on that.  Baldy, I won't stop you from trying to fly, but this is gonna be danger close.  You'll probably be safer inside the EdPC's armored shell than you would be riding the blastwave."

Do we have authorization/capability to take control of the nuke?  If we do, Wilfred will take advantage of that, and guide in the bomb.  Try to maximize damage to SAM, rather than prioritizing keeping us clear of the blast; the nearest intersection with Liberty Street isn't quite two miles away from the Bizarre, and an update ago you said we were a mile or two away already, so we should be outside the blast zone by then regardless.  Plus we've got heavy armor.

If we don't have authorization/capability to control the nuke, or it seems entirely unnecessary, instead retrieve Bob and Tara from the Chevrolet and help them get inside the EdPC.  Get inside with them.  If Baldwin tries to climb out, assist him without harming him; Wilfred won't exactly mind if he gets baked in nuclear radiation, and it's not his fault if Omnicorp dropped a nuke right next to us.

((If you're curious: 10 kilotons is almost tactical.))

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: October 23, 2021, 11:42:27 pm »

((indeed, it's only 2/3rd's the strength of Hiroshima. It's hard to tell if that will be enough to take out SAM, but if it is, then that makes Plan G a lot more viable.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: October 24, 2021, 01:19:54 am »

That was a pretty impressive post, heydude6. Lots of research to find all the players of this mission, good formatting, lots of good ideas.

Radio says the silverfish can carry about 226 kg total, which is just at the lower end of Bob's possible mass, or two human adults.

That means the only plan for flying Bob out that would work is the one where Wil carries him and flies, thoug hhis rockets are not for extended use, but short bursts of speed. Still could be enough to give us that last edge.

I think the nuke will be enough to obliterate SAM's current stockpile of flesh. Whether that ends the untapped potential or not remains to be seen.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: October 24, 2021, 02:36:32 am »

(I just realized my action isn't gonna do jack shit so I'm gonna change it.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: October 24, 2021, 07:51:55 am »

snippety

((That's a wiki-gnome-worthy effort there, nice one!  :o

But yeah, like Oz indicated, Bob's probably out regarding transport by silverfish, he is a Big Boy. For convenience, here's the post where I got the weight limit from, has some other info as well: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173094.msg8270543;topicseen#msg8270543

Anyway, it seems akanorth is also trying to board the flier and get out, so I guess the question is largely moot at this point. Wil could maybe still grab Tara&Bob himself and fly ahead with them, but he's focusing on flying the bomb and trying to do both sounds like a bad idea imo.))
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 08:07:01 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: October 24, 2021, 08:29:19 am »

((I just want to throw in that Edward does have a cognition copier. I just left it in the Edward sheet and didn't put it in the EdPC sheet, but I specifically went over this with Piecewise before the mission since I fully expect(ed) the EdPC to get blown up or otherwise destroyed during the mission))

Keep on trucking for now, full speed away from SAM. Make sure my teammates have access to the computers and guns on the EdPC, in case they want to use the shrieker rounds and/or take control of that nuke drone.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: October 24, 2021, 05:54:46 pm »

((It looks like we're going with Plan G then. I hope we're a safe enough distance. We can get some extra speed if we ditch the chevrolet (after bringing Tara and Bob inside of course) ))

Upon hearing Wilfred's declaration, Baldwin looks mournfully at the silverfish before abandoning it and crawling back inside the EDPC. Not before leaving one last message though

"Wilfred! If you're going to drop the nuke now, you should know something important! In addition to the blast wave and the flash, nukes also emit an EMP when they detonate. Make sure you're inside the EDPC when it explodes, otherwise all of your circuitry will be fried! Hardening armored military vehicles like the EDPC is a natural part of their construction process since they're mostly faraday cages anyway. You'll be safe inside."

Baldwin then turns his head towards Akanorth who has also started climbing out of the hatch

"I doubt the Silverfish has such protections though. You're free to do as you like akanorth, but there's a chance that you'll probably end up in freefall. It might be better if you helped me out downstairs."

And just like that Baldwin was back inside the vehicle, preparing to wait out the upcoming nuclear apocalypse.

Baldwin retrieves the charcoal pencils stored in his idea tube, and begins handing them out to the AFKs, barking oblique instructions to draw summoning circles and esoteric runes. Between hanging DIY paper charms, Baldwin checks on his colleagues and corrects any errors they may have made. All of this is in hopes of creating a ward that could protect the EDPCs occupants against SAM's flesh absorbing aura. The inside of the vehicle begins to resemble an insane asylum, but hopefully the design is sound. Once finished, Baldwin gathers the AFKs and corrals them into the necessary spots. Then he begins to lead a chant.

Even if there is some flaw, it should at least hold for a little bit. Hopefully we'll never need it

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 07:36:43 pm by heydude6 »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: October 25, 2021, 01:39:26 pm »

(( what was the info i got on demon-summoning a while back again?  Also, with the cognition copier, would it be possible to get copied into an inorganic body? ))
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 03:22:31 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4244 on: October 27, 2021, 12:23:17 am »

We are going to make the assumption that at some point in the past hour or two of meandering that someone attached the Movie The-ate-er to the back of the EdPC and that you (And presumably brain dead Tara) are rattling along behind it.
((this is the most hilarious of cases, and therefore the preferred one. A tentacle wearing, spiderbot controlling crocodile with a mechanical aptitude and a brain-dead bureaucrat rattling along in a Chevrolet modified to be a movie theater, towed behind a sapient APC carrying several robots and some still fleshly beings, trying to outrun the construction of a several hundred meter tall felshmonster in a city dominated by an antireality vortex created by the dreaming mind of a drug addled psychic test subject.
Just another tuesday afternoon in OMNI security.

"Oh shit people are melting, thank fuck I died and became a robot."
Find a hatch to the roof and pop out enough that I can fire my rocket launcher with out hitting anyone and blowup some of the cars in our path if it seems like it would help any.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)

You climb up the helpful ladder to the roof hatch, pop it open, and then haul your rocket launcher out. You balance the RPG on your shoulder, sight it in on the nearest car in the way of the EdPC and [1] fire. The rocket slings out of the tube, twists hard right, and slams into the base of a building about half a block ahead. The building, a two story shop by the look of it, lists heavily forward before collapsing like a felled tree...right onto the road.

"HA! If I still had flesh to get melted I might be panicking right about now."

akanorth hunkers down and utters a silent prayer to whatever gods are out there.  He then helps with drawing runes. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[6]
You offer a prayer to any god that will answer. And one does. Or maybe something like a god. Its down there, sucking on your knee. It is a flea. A flea the size of a fist and glowing with anti-light.  It does not speak, but you know it is offering you salvation.

At a cost.

"At this point, I think we will stand the best chance if we focus all our efforts on getting out of here faster. EdPC is having trouble getting through, and even if we outrun the fleshmelt field we have a blastwave incoming.

Speaking on the latter, Wil, from the way command worded it it seemed like they expect us to take control of the drone carrying the package to direct it. You are the best techie we have right now that's still lucid, maybe you can ensure that the nuke wil go off the second we are out of the danger zone?"

"Baldwin, I understand that you're scared and your idea of getting the fleshies away from here faster definitely isn't without merit. But there are quite a few of you and trying to find a way to somehow carry all of you with a light flier not made for transporting much weight would take time and effort we could instead spend on getting everyone else out of the incoming blast wave. Not to mention you'd need to find a pilot. And yes, I realize we could just wait with the bombing run until we're far enough away, but with every second we wait that thing out there might incubate some fresh horror that makes it immune to our strike. We need to kill it now, while perhaps it may still be killed.

For example, maybe you could use your occult methods to create a barrier of some sort that can interfere with the fleshmelt field and buy us some time that way."

Would it help if I used the EdPC's main gun to blast away obstacles/roadblocks so he doesn't need to go around them as much? Or would that just create more debris and/or slow us down due to recoil? If it seems like it'd help, do so.

If not, then instead ruminate on the nature of that fleshmelt field, maybe that'll give us an idea of how we can shield our fleshling teammates from it.

((EDIT: just checked, and the silverfish can carry around 226 kg according to the manual we found earlier. Assuming around 70 kg per person on average, and assuming we're taking Akanorth, Baldwin, Tara (other braindeads not included), you definitely couldn't also take Bob, it'd be way over the weight limit. Maybe stuffing the fleshy peeps into the car and driving ahead would work better at this point, though it'd be a crapshoot to get them in there.))

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Seeing as the resident robo-furry just dropped a building into the road, you decide that blasting it out of the way would probably be pretty useful. You climb into the main gun turret and take aim.
[1]
The high explosive round you fire misses the downed building entirely and succeeds only on dropping an even larger building into the road directly behind the first one.

Tarnation.

"ALRIIIGHT!  Piloting a nuke is way better than becoming a nuke!  I'll get right on that.  Baldy, I won't stop you from trying to fly, but this is gonna be danger close.  You'll probably be safer inside the EdPC's armored shell than you would be riding the blastwave."

Do we have authorization/capability to take control of the nuke?  If we do, Wilfred will take advantage of that, and guide in the bomb.  Try to maximize damage to SAM, rather than prioritizing keeping us clear of the blast; the nearest intersection with Liberty Street isn't quite two miles away from the Bizarre, and an update ago you said we were a mile or two away already, so we should be outside the blast zone by then regardless.  Plus we've got heavy armor.

If we don't have authorization/capability to control the nuke, or it seems entirely unnecessary, instead retrieve Bob and Tara from the Chevrolet and help them get inside the EdPC.  Get inside with them.  If Baldwin tries to climb out, assist him without harming him; Wilfred won't exactly mind if he gets baked in nuclear radiation, and it's not his fault if Omnicorp dropped a nuke right next to us.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
You do and can! Its almost like someone gave you the callsign and password for exactly that reason! Weird!
[6]
You use your built in computer and transmitter to find the drone command was talking about and hack it. Well...hack it in that you use the password they gave you to log in. Good news, it already appears to be heading straight for the trouble maker. Bad news...its still a little while out. Maybe a minute. You crank it to full speed. Now maybe 30 seconds. You're not sure its fast enough.

((It looks like we're going with Plan G then. I hope we're a safe enough distance. We can get some extra speed if we ditch the chevrolet (after bringing Tara and Bob inside of course) ))

Upon hearing Wilfred's declaration, Baldwin looks mournfully at the silverfish before abandoning it and crawling back inside the EDPC. Not before leaving one last message though

"Wilfred! If you're going to drop the nuke now, you should know something important! In addition to the blast wave and the flash, nukes also emit an EMP when they detonate. Make sure you're inside the EDPC when it explodes, otherwise all of your circuitry will be fried! Hardening armored military vehicles like the EDPC is a natural part of their construction process since they're mostly faraday cages anyway. You'll be safe inside."

Baldwin then turns his head towards Akanorth who has also started climbing out of the hatch

"I doubt the Silverfish has such protections though. You're free to do as you like akanorth, but there's a chance that you'll probably end up in freefall. It might be better if you helped me out downstairs."

And just like that Baldwin was back inside the vehicle, preparing to wait out the upcoming nuclear apocalypse.

Baldwin retrieves the charcoal pencils stored in his idea tube, and begins handing them out to the AFKs, barking oblique instructions to draw summoning circles and esoteric runes. Between hanging DIY paper charms, Baldwin checks on his colleagues and corrects any errors they may have made. All of this is in hopes of creating a ward that could protect the EDPCs occupants against SAM's flesh absorbing aura. The inside of the vehicle begins to resemble an insane asylum, but hopefully the design is sound. Once finished, Baldwin gathers the AFKs and corrals them into the necessary spots. Then he begins to lead a chant.

Even if there is some flaw, it should at least hold for a little bit. Hopefully we'll never need it

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
[2]
You scribble all manner of runes and sigils and circles and incantations throughout the interior of the EdPC. Does it do anything? Well it uses up some time you'd otherwise have used to anxiously wait.

((I just want to throw in that Edward does have a cognition copier. I just left it in the Edward sheet and didn't put it in the EdPC sheet, but I specifically went over this with Piecewise before the mission since I fully expect(ed) the EdPC to get blown up or otherwise destroyed during the mission))

Keep on trucking for now, full speed away from SAM. Make sure my teammates have access to the computers and guns on the EdPC, in case they want to use the shrieker rounds and/or take control of that nuke drone.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
[2]
The EdPC, out of options as MULTIPLE GODDAMN BUILDINGS get dropped into its way, attempts to bulldoze through. And they do make it through...the first few feet. The EdPC slams into the rubble and grinds to a halt almost immediately, half embedded in smashed brickwork and drywall.

[1][2][1][5]

The red sky tears through the clouds above the EdPC, boiling them off with a scream. Akanorth, Baldwin, and Bob instantaneously liquify into a mass of disjointed cells and begin flowing towards the growing THING where the bizarre used to be.  Though none of them make it far as they are confined within their vehicles. Instead they bump and slosh, crawling up walls and pressing against windows.  Tara, somehow, seems unaffected.

Everyone in the EdPC has about 10 seconds to be grossed out by this before the nuke impacts the growing flesh thing and it vanishes in a literally blinding flash. They can all see the shockwave coming.
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 334