Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482454 times)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #3885 on: July 06, 2021, 10:38:12 pm »

Al follows Baldwin, keeping an eye on him after the tree stunt he pulled.

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: July 07, 2021, 12:19:27 am »

"If you're gonna be watching me, then I might as well make use of you. Be ready to intervene in case something goes wrong here"

Scoop up some dirt and add it to the containment pod with the sapling I collected earlier. Reach out to the Tree Titan's soul again, but try to induce it to grow at a *controlled* rate this time. I need to practice this trick for when I arrive at the bizarre.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)

(I noticed that I forgot to include my character sheet with my previous action and turn where I initially harvested the sapling. Could you let me harvest it retroactively now that I've seen the error of my ways?))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: July 07, 2021, 04:45:43 am »

Forward that information to Yagyu.  Deciding what to do about it is beyond Wilfred's paygrade.

((This is ironic when you realize Wil is paid more than Yagyu.  :p  ))

"Think that's enough info, Yags?  Can I dismiss this creepy fuck yet?  Eh, I'll keep him around for now.  I'm gonna go hunting for a bit.  Hey, Richard!  Let's go find us some well armed tasties, sound fun?"

"That's some good intel. I think we got the most important stuff out of him. You could ask him if he knows about any more persons of interest we could stay on the lookout for, or see if he has any potential relevant places for us to investigate. If not, happy hunting."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: July 07, 2021, 12:56:28 pm »

”Ask the ghost about how well he knows their leader. King Smile or whatever. It seems like he worked directly for him.”
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: July 08, 2021, 04:11:15 am »

((Considering I’ve been gone for so long, is Tara still alive or did her human body die and cause her to be uploaded?))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: July 08, 2021, 04:19:00 am »

(You might be able to just show up like you've been on the mission the entire time, I mean he's let other people do it so I'm sure you could as well.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: July 08, 2021, 04:22:02 am »

((I’d like to think of a story reason for why she didn’t react during Mr Derp’s capture))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: July 08, 2021, 04:33:32 am »

((Considering I’ve been gone for so long, is Tara still alive or did her human body die and cause her to be uploaded?))
((welcome back. When you left we were two turns from the end of a mission. Literally. two turns later, the words MISSION COMPLETE (nearly) end the turn.
The turn before that (and after you last posted) your character was described, quite fittingly, as "Fine. Somehow. Mostly just confused as to what is going on."

You don't need a story reason for not responding, since there was literally nothing left to respond to.

You might want to ask PW for pay for that mission though, in which case, you should detail your activities from that mission. There's a base pay rate and you get extra for doing story-centric or otherwise interesting things. Be a good idea to spend that before you generate with the team.

See the spoiler in my action posts for a reference guide to writing up your action reports. I'm sure you'll find it very useful.))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: July 08, 2021, 04:50:46 am »

((Piecewise, would it be possible to receive pay for the mission I was there for most of? Should I put actions I did during the mission here or on a different post? If I remember correctly I attempted to and sometimes successfully healed teammates and shot Mr. Derp with foam, as well as thinking a song that managed to confuse a thought form generated by cards (will not touch cards ever again)

I for some reason can’t copy and paste
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 06:31:07 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Present Lottery
« Reply #3894 on: July 08, 2021, 06:35:15 am »

(Since copying and pasting won’t work, I’m doing this. Sorry for the double post but I tried copying to the previous post but it didn’t work)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Things I Did
If I remember correctly I attempted to and sometimes successfully healed teammates and shot Mr. Derp with foam, as well as thinking a song that managed to confuse a thought form generated by cards (will not touch cards ever again)

I for some reason can’t copy and paste. Inserting quotes still works though

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3895 on: July 11, 2021, 05:51:17 pm »

What about collecting my tree sample Piecewise? Rapidly growing firewood would probably fetch a pretty good price at the bizarre.

We can assume you gathered a few chunks as they hacked it off of you.

(Since copying and pasting won’t work, I’m doing this. Sorry for the double post but I tried copying to the previous post but it didn’t work)

Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Things I Did
If I remember correctly I attempted to and sometimes successfully healed teammates and shot Mr. Derp with foam, as well as thinking a song that managed to confuse a thought form generated by cards (will not touch cards ever again)

I for some reason can’t copy and paste. Inserting quotes still works though
Gonna give you 1200 OMNI. Feel free to buy stuff from the arsenal before "Appearing". We'll assume you show up in the EdPC.

"If you're gonna be watching me, then I might as well make use of you. Be ready to intervene in case something goes wrong here"

Scoop up some dirt and add it to the containment pod with the sapling I collected earlier. Reach out to the Tree Titan's soul again, but try to induce it to grow at a *controlled* rate this time. I need to practice this trick for when I arrive at the bizarre.

(I noticed that I forgot to include my character sheet with my previous action and turn where I initially harvested the sapling. Could you let me harvest it retroactively now that I've seen the error of my ways?))

[1]
Sigh. Well, we'll handle that at the end.

Use the EdPC's wonderful tech to see if this robotics factory place has some kind of network. If so, see if I can't tap into it for cameras, security and/or info.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

[4]
Hmmm. The EdPC determines that there is some sort of transient network signal here. Encoded, fragmented, only able to be picked up in erratic bursts. Someone has a very bad router. He can't get into whatever system is running it: it never stays active for more than a few seconds at best.

"Well I guess it's time to go get that battery."
Have my shotgun at the ready while use my camera to peek inside the building, then if the building is clear hostiles I go and breach the doors of the building and secure whatever room is on the other side.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
10:14] Radio Controlled: @Piecewise Seems like we're done with the doc earlier than expected and that the EdPC took a bit longer to get moving. Can we just say that Bob and Yagyu also hopped on for convenience's sake, or would you rather not?
[15:42] Piecewise: Sure. Fuck the police.
[16:42] Radio Controlled: Allright then NWA.
[16:43] Radio Controlled: @Incomprehensible Oz I assume you're also ok with having Bob be on the EdPC then?
[18:02] Piecewise: SWS actually
[18:02] Piecewise: Skeleton With Sass
[18:02] BOT: Best Waifu for Lifeu: Rattles at @Piecewise!
[20:22] Incomprehensible Oz: ye, that's totally fine.

"It would be easy to blame me for this. A lot of people died, a lot more are living miserable lives. I always expect that someone will decide that killing me will be a bit of justice. Maybe I just feel guilty."
"I see. Don't let the ignorant sins of the past cloud your future doc. What happened, happened. You're certainly making amends now.

Anyway, thank you for your time, we'll be on our way now. Good luck with your little community here, you guys have got a good thing going."

So yeah, we'll just say we went with the others to save some time since we seem to be done here.

Get out of the EdPC and stalk around the building a bit, using Biorhythm tracker and environment scanner to spot potential residents or anomalies or other things we'd want to know about.

If nothing pressing comes up, enter building and give it a sweep. If still unmolested, start looking for that battery.   

"Let's get what we need and skedaddle, time's-a-wasting and there's still plenty more work, uuh, holiday, to be done."

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Help Yag clear the area. If anything unfriendly presents itself, shoot it.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)

Burt, Yagyu, and Ji kick in the door to the factory and start moving in. The place is dark, as you'd expect for an abandoned windowless factory, but in pretty good shape. Its effectively one giant assembly plant by the look of it: conveyor belts, robotic arms, robotic freight movers, carefully piled boxes of components within arm's reach of the machines. Its two stories tall, at least this section is, with complex cranes and moving systems along the upper roof, along with circular catwalk and what looks like a foreman's office tucked into the far corner.  Its not rusted to hell nor scavenged of all its wears...hell there's barely any dust even. Its like the place has been hermetically sealed since everyone abandoned town. That...doesn't seem right.  Yagyu searches around with his biosensor and comes up with nothing. His scanner may be going haywire though: its catching signals from everywhere. Normally these scanners are calibrated so they ignore background noise: small random movements that are basically always present. Otherwise a wind blowing leaves would look like an armored battalion coming in.  But the scanner is doing exactly that. Hundreds of transient blips and signals. The visual for it looks almost like white noise its so dense and erratic. The anomaly scanner though, that one is giving off a very clear signal pointing towards the upper floor.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3896 on: July 11, 2021, 05:52:06 pm »

Bob chuffs a 'friendly' goodbye to the snackman before leaving the the EdPC and off to the robotics place.
While we're here, waddle in and attempt to construct a robotic crocodile as an apprentice.
Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
[6] Bob waddles into the factory completely oblivious to danger and starts slapping things with his tail, as  is his want.  Sadly there aren't a lot of premade alligator bodies around; the bodies on the conveyor belts and in the boxes are all human or humanoids. Not a single lizard among them. In order to make a croc companion, he's gonna need  either different parts or significant modifications. Or to accept a very distressing looking "Crocodile" made of human parts.

"As well when it ends well I guess
Word of warning Willy Wonka's origin story movie, I have no idea on how to drive this so fasten your seatbelt...wait we don't have those."

SAM will mane the Silverfish and look for SMILES to turn upside down

Forward that information to Yagyu.  Deciding what to do about it is beyond Wilfred's paygrade.

"Think that's enough info, Yags?  Can I dismiss this creepy fuck yet?  Eh, I'll keep him around for now.  I'm gonna go hunting for a bit.  Hey, Richard!  Let's go find us some well armed tasties, sound fun?"

Go hunting for a Smiles patrol, something like the little blockade we ran into earlier.  Some armed dudes we can murder and loot.  SAM can have free reign of the Silverfish, since I don't think Wilfred can pilot it while in his hardsuit just yet.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
The Smiles are currently in a bit of a panic. Their headquarters is currently under siege by a giant skeleton so the remaining members are scattering out into the city in clustered convoys and on foot. The largest one is heading south into the main city area, the rest are sort of going all over. Would you prefer they be on foot or in cars and if in cars, how many? There's between 1 and 5 car convoys and the "Main" convoy has 12 cars.

Baldwin exits the EdPC about a minute after everyone else. This shouldn't be very odd, except for the fact that he exits the EdPC flopping about in mid air as a 9 foot tall young tree man drags him out by the throat and starts walking towards the north.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: July 11, 2021, 06:53:25 pm »

Can i join?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 07:16:57 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Present Lottery
« Reply #3898 on: July 11, 2021, 06:58:21 pm »

((Good news, copying and pasting works now
Question is leveling up still applicable?
Question 2: are injuries from last mission healed?))
Uuugh, where am I now? Is Derp Controller dealt with? What mission are we on now? Oh, I had money I didn’t before, so yes Derp was dealt with. Does anyone who doesn’t have cognition copier want one?
Follow Bob and help with the Chevrolet, while I’m too young to drive, I do have hands
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 07:14:49 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3899 on: July 11, 2021, 07:12:09 pm »

Go outside and steal a functional Chevrolet. if no functional Chevrolet's are found, repair and gas up the most functional one i can find.
If i have time after this, locate a cinema and hijack a projector and a sizeable chunk of movie screen.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 334