Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482445 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #3870 on: July 03, 2021, 10:47:45 am »

Go help Baldwin with the tree thing.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: July 03, 2021, 03:37:11 pm »

((Thanks for adding the map markers!))

5. The best they have is a list of the board of directors of the company along with the heads of their various departments. In terms of subjects, they have no information.

Send the pics&details of these directors and department heads around to our various contacts to see if any of them have been sighted recently.

They do get back to you about the crystalline things you got from the airport. Apparently they're similar to what are used in neuro tissue simulation, albeit older that what is  currently available.

Hmm, these things did not seem to contain any living material in them, right? Full synthetic?

Ask the doc if he can give us his contact details so to speak, so that if we have further questions in the future we can ring him up.

Also inquire why he assumed we'd be here to kill him, from what we can tell his involvement in this project seemed fairly benign?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: July 03, 2021, 03:47:05 pm »

((why do you assume he thought we were there about the project?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3873 on: July 04, 2021, 10:21:24 pm »

"Hoo... alright.  Richard, you can go do... whatever.  Take the silverfish if you want.  Might be fun to track down a Smiles patrol and take their shit.  I'll be along shortly, just gotta interrogate the ghosts real quick."

Right, ghost interrogation.  Demand their names, first.  Then check for which name is the one we actually came here to kidnap (send the rest of the names along to Yagyu in case he recognizes one or something).  Once the target ghost is distinguished, interrogation begins.  Demand to know what his role in the institute was, what he did for them, and why.  Forward all this information to Yagyu, for him to peruse at his leisure.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
[5]
Wil lines the ghosts up and starts asking questions, starting with their names. He rapidly eliminates most of them, though he sends their names to Yagyu just in case. He finds the one he's looking for only two away from the end.  The interrogation is a short one: the man...ghost seems to respond to questions very bluntly, directly, and abruptly. Computerlike in a way, only answering with exactly what he was asked. It makes talking to him rather annoying but Wil gets what he needs. The man apparently handled various technical work including the construction of what he calls an "Interface Engine". [11] Will questions him on the details and uses his technological knowledge to try and understand exactly how it works. It seems to be only part of a larger machine, but its purpose was to translate neurological inputs into a rendered reconstructions. Simply put, a sort of VR projection of someone's "Mind's Eye".  Its something that doesn't exist even now, as far as he knows: brain simulations are simply that, simulations. The copied consciousnesses that OMNI provide are sort of black boxes, they're just recreations of recorded data without any knowledge about what that data is precisely controlling in the mind. They can recreate all the gears and make the watch work, but they don't know what the gears do, so to speak.

((Thanks for adding the map markers!))

5. The best they have is a list of the board of directors of the company along with the heads of their various departments. In terms of subjects, they have no information.

Send the pics&details of these directors and department heads around to our various contacts to see if any of them have been sighted recently.

They do get back to you about the crystalline things you got from the airport. Apparently they're similar to what are used in neuro tissue simulation, albeit older that what is  currently available.

Hmm, these things did not seem to contain any living material in them, right? Full synthetic?

Ask the doc if he can give us his contact details so to speak, so that if we have further questions in the future we can ring him up.

Also inquire why he assumed we'd be here to kill him, from what we can tell his involvement in this project seemed fairly benign?

Done. Please check back in a bit.

They appear fully synthetic, yes.

The doctor tells you he's always here, but if you want long distance communication you're pretty out of luck. Broadcasting up and out of this place isn't so bad, but broadcasting in and around the area is a nightmare. At least with any thing conventional.

"It would be easy to blame me for this. A lot of people died, a lot more are living miserable lives. I always expect that someone will decide that killing me will be a bit of justice. Maybe I just feel guilty."

Go help Baldwin with the tree thing.
"Don't worry I'll cut you free."
Get out of the vehicle and go cut the guy free of the tree with my Katana.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
"Thanks, but can you actually help me GET OUT OF HERE!"

Baldwin's normally calm exterior is nowhere to be seen as he struggles with the tree.

KEEP TRYING TO CUT MYSELF FREE WITH MY OCCULT KNIFE!

When I've accomplished my job, keep a sample of the ever-growing wood in a containment jar. Also advise the cult to burn the tree titan before it regenerates

"Oh for feck' sake, hold on." Alec steps off the transport going over to Baldwin "Aye ye yuts, try not to fight trees." he remarks as Alec gets to work patching Baldwin up.

Use a charge of the OMNITECH Medical Kit to expedite bandaging Baldwin up and healing him.

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)

Look at all that teamwork! Hope it doesn't go horribly.

[6][4,3]

Ji calmly walks over and hacks the tree off of Baldwin while Alec bandages up the injuries the would be cultist inflicted upon himself.  This done, they all load right back up onto the EdPC -Dragging anyone who wasn't following along with them- and head off towards the factory. The trip is tense, driving rapidly down ruined streets past scattered human remains, the scoured remnants of weapon drop pods, a strange movement in the abandoned buildings. A firefight is happening nearby but they manage to avoid it and, after rumbling down an alley, make it to their destination. The building itself is unremarkable: one of many unremarkable industrial buildings. Boxy, concrete and metal, a few tiny windows, and no decoration or paint work. Utilitarian to a fault. The EdPC slides into the parking lot, next to the double entry doorway.
[

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: July 04, 2021, 11:14:46 pm »

What about collecting my tree sample Piecewise? Rapidly growing firewood would probably fetch a pretty good price at the bizarre.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: July 05, 2021, 01:24:55 am »

What about collecting my tree sample Piecewise? Rapidly growing firewood would probably fetch a pretty good price at the bizarre.
((I'm glad you spelled that properly. It's such a fun detail to remember))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: July 05, 2021, 04:08:17 am »

"Well I guess it's time to go get that battery."
Have my shotgun at the ready while use my camera to peek inside the building, then if the building is clear hostiles I go and breach the doors of the building and secure whatever room is on the other side.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: July 05, 2021, 02:30:02 pm »

10:14] Radio Controlled: @Piecewise Seems like we're done with the doc earlier than expected and that the EdPC took a bit longer to get moving. Can we just say that Bob and Yagyu also hopped on for convenience's sake, or would you rather not?
[15:42] Piecewise: Sure. Fuck the police.
[16:42] Radio Controlled: Allright then NWA.
[16:43] Radio Controlled: @Incomprehensible Oz I assume you're also ok with having Bob be on the EdPC then?
[18:02] Piecewise: SWS actually
[18:02] Piecewise: Skeleton With Sass
[18:02] BOT: Best Waifu for Lifeu: Rattles at @Piecewise!
[20:22] Incomprehensible Oz: ye, that's totally fine.

"It would be easy to blame me for this. A lot of people died, a lot more are living miserable lives. I always expect that someone will decide that killing me will be a bit of justice. Maybe I just feel guilty."
"I see. Don't let the ignorant sins of the past cloud your future doc. What happened, happened. You're certainly making amends now.

Anyway, thank you for your time, we'll be on our way now. Good luck with your little community here, you guys have got a good thing going."

So yeah, we'll just say we went with the others to save some time since we seem to be done here.

Get out of the EdPC and stalk around the building a bit, using Biorhythm tracker and environment scanner to spot potential residents or anomalies or other things we'd want to know about.

If nothing pressing comes up, enter building and give it a sweep. If still unmolested, start looking for that battery.   

"Let's get what we need and skedaddle, time's-a-wasting and there's still plenty more work, uuh, holiday, to be done."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3878 on: July 05, 2021, 03:22:22 pm »

Bob chuffs a 'friendly' goodbye to the snackman before leaving the the EdPC and off to the robotics place.
While we're here, waddle in and attempt to construct a robotic crocodile as an apprentice.
Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: July 06, 2021, 11:40:50 am »

Help Yag clear the area. If anything unfriendly presents itself, shoot it.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: July 06, 2021, 02:20:36 pm »

Use the EdPC's wonderful tech to see if this robotics factory place has some kind of network. If so, see if I can't tap into it for cameras, security and/or info.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: July 06, 2021, 04:04:24 pm »

((My initial concerns about EdPC being too restrictive a transport device for the team, locking us into following the actions of one player the whole mission, have been alleviated. EdPC has been a good addition to the team.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: July 06, 2021, 05:54:48 pm »

((EDPC best PC.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: July 06, 2021, 07:28:56 pm »

Forward that information to Yagyu.  Deciding what to do about it is beyond Wilfred's paygrade.

"Think that's enough info, Yags?  Can I dismiss this creepy fuck yet?  Eh, I'll keep him around for now.  I'm gonna go hunting for a bit.  Hey, Richard!  Let's go find us some well armed tasties, sound fun?"

Go hunting for a Smiles patrol, something like the little blockade we ran into earlier.  Some armed dudes we can murder and loot.  SAM can have free reign of the Silverfish, since I don't think Wilfred can pilot it while in his hardsuit just yet.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: July 06, 2021, 07:35:26 pm »

"As well when it ends well I guess
Word of warning Willy Wonka's origin story movie, I have no idea on how to drive this so fasten your seatbelt...wait we don't have those."

SAM will mane the Silverfish and look for SMILES to turn upside down

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 334