Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482720 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #3825 on: June 22, 2021, 12:33:52 pm »

"What?!  You've got him so we're--wait, fuck, fuck, that's a guard?  Oh my fucking--Fuck!  Derp!  I thought you fucking Derp had him already!  Fuck, fuck, how do you treat acidic cleaning fluid?!  He's melting!  Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp!"
((I admire your commitment to the character. Wilfred's been pretty entertaining throughout the game.))

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: June 22, 2021, 01:51:08 pm »

((Wilfred's fucking great, the fact he always kills what he isn't supposed to is a trait that grew on me))

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: June 22, 2021, 10:03:40 pm »

((Busy past months what has happened?))
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: June 23, 2021, 02:29:50 am »

((Incompetence, malice and a dash of violence happened.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: June 23, 2021, 02:36:49 am »

((I died again, then came back to life as a fox.))
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: June 23, 2021, 02:34:34 pm »

(The EDPC does have reloads for its guns, but I honestly forget how many. They were described as ammo boxes through, so maybe a quick search will reveal them. Should be in a post near the beginning of this)
They're in my sheet iunder the EdPC. Both side guns came with a D6 ammobox, though it seems I forgot to buy extra. So each gun has 1 d6 box of ammo, currently.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3831 on: June 23, 2021, 02:47:02 pm »

"So since I can't leave the truck I guess I'll ask did anyone save the brains of the pizza robots onto a flash drive or something, because I've got an idea of what we can do with them."
See what repairs are needed for the other animatronics to work again and fix what I can with out a tool kit charge.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
They had to combine the "Brains" from all the robots into one hodgepodge computer to put your mind into it. As it turns out, fast food animatronics don't have computers good enough to run a simulated human brain. They have computers good enough to run 1/4th of a human brain though, which was lucky for you.

In order to get the animatronics up and running again, you'd need to replace their brains. The dearly departed Paris does have some electronic ghosts he could use to control them if needed.

((The misadventures of the Wil-SAM comedy duo is the best sitcom I never knew I wanted.  :D  ))

"So, you here to speak to the doc? He's said more than once that he was connected to that." He nods towards the red zone and its constant storm.
"Why yes, if you could bring us to him that would be most wonderful, we'd love to have a chat with the good doctor."

Follow them to the hospital. Once there, request an audience with the doc. On the way there, ask them to tell us about themselves: who are they, what do they do, why are they here in the orange zone? 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu and I assume Bob follow the orderly across the parking lot.

"This is the old Madona university library" the orderly says as they pass the building connected to the parking lot. "Over there, to the west, is the Felician Sisters convent.  We provide protection to them as well.  They've been taking in any children we find or that end up orphaned. A lot of the Orderlies grew up there and ended up helping in the hospital."

They continue north, and find what can be best described as ad hoc fields. What was likely a large open area of trees had been cleared, plowed, and seeded. The fields take up just about as much space as possible and even then they're absolutely packed with plants. A handful of men and women are out in the fields even now, carefully tending the plants and watering.

"Grow as much of our own food as we can. Believe it or not most of our trouble makers aren't nightmares like that thing back there, starving raiders are a far bigger issue."

Finally, after traveling a good mile or so north, they reach the hospital. It...well it looks like a hospital. Sprawling compound of brownish beige and red brick buildings in the center of a sea of black asphalt parking lots. The cars in the parking lot have all been moved to form a barricade around the hospital, the yellow arm of the old construction crane they used to do it visible beyond the automotive wall. There are men up on the roof of each building, men patrolling the outer perimeter, men at a makeshift gate in the auto wall. You're ushered inside, past the inner courtyard with its apparent cadre of homeless people gathered round tents and fire barrels. The inside of the hospital is dark, lit only by those small gasoline lanterns you saw back at the Gilded Razor. They take you through the confused maze of the interior, past cots and beds holding injured men and women, families clustered and living in abandoned offices, prospectors sitting quietly with bandaged wounds, and even a fully lit and apparently running OR. You pass a few rooms which appear to have electric light and working machines; your guide notices you looking and remarks,

"We have generators, but we only use them for machines and when lanterns aren't an option. Have to keep the power for when we need it."

Finally he leads you into the basement and then into a small room labeled "Storage".  Within is a lantern lit room with a desk, bookshelf, loads of boxes of paperwork, a computer terminal, and an old man.  The old man looks up from his desk as you enter and double takes at the both of you.

"Come to kill me?" He asks, setting is pen down  and placing his hands flat on the desk. He doesn't seem to be joking, but he doesn't seem fearful either.

"What?!  You've got him so we're--wait, fuck, fuck, that's a guard?  Oh my fucking--Fuck!  Derp!  I thought you fucking Derp had him already!  Fuck, fuck, how do you treat acidic cleaning fluid?!  He's melting!  Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp!"

Uhhhh so I think nerd's probably gonna die, so... stay nearby, shoot anyone who comes near or looks violent (not SAM), and if the nerd kicks the bucket, summon his ghost jmmediately.  And keep it.  I guess.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
"FSHS SSFH WIFSHD!"

SAM will go agaisnt her late mother's advice and shallow without chewing, then she'll try to find the screaming melty dude who looks the most like the nerd she's searching for and try to un-melt him with her medikit. But not before GTFOing from the gas melty cloud with the nerd in tow of course, here's to hoping he won't slip through her fingers...literally

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

[3]
SAM swallows the man whole and drags herself and her hugely swollen and struggling belly over to the smoking pile of melting men.
[1]
She looks around for a moment before shrugging and grabbing the nearest pile of meat. She gives it a tug, to try and get it over to her and out of the pool of acid thats eroding the concrete. The first tug produces nothing. The second produces a wet noise, and the third separates a chunk of meat about the size of two people. Judging by all the fresh blood and organs that spill out along the separation line, this didn't really help. A quick count of limbs and she decides she probably has sizable pieces of about three people here, none of them alive.

[4]
Wilfred looks at the horrible carnage Sam just added to the already mounting atrocity and decides they've passed the point of saving anyone. He stamps his armor shod foot on the concrete and about two dozen vague ghostly forms seem to condense out of thin air.  Another two join them a few moments later as their bodies apparently expire  in the still bubbling acid pool.

"Aright. Which one of you is the guy we're here to save?" Wilfred says to the ghosts hovering over a pile of melted former humans.

The cluster of spirits seems to look amongst themselves in confusion.  Wilfred is about to start explaining things when someone over near the motorpool opens up with a mounted machinegun and starts spraying the area with lead.

"Hold that thought...and that semi-corporeal form."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3832 on: June 23, 2021, 02:51:09 pm »

(The EDPC does have reloads for its guns, but I honestly forget how many. They were described as ammo boxes through, so maybe a quick search will reveal them. Should be in a post near the beginning of this)
They're in my sheet iunder the EdPC. Both side guns came with a D6 ammobox, though it seems I forgot to buy extra. So each gun has 1 d6 box of ammo, currently.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
EdPC is also here.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: June 23, 2021, 03:01:28 pm »

"Hey, we're trying to have a conversation here! The Nerve on some people, can you be a pal and shut him up Walfredo? I need to bulk up a little before I can really help out."

Saying that SAM will unhinge her mouth and eat whatever remains of the nerds and guards, making sure to eat the parts with the least acid, that's a sauce too spicy even for her.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 03:05:30 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3834 on: June 23, 2021, 03:33:33 pm »

It took awhile but he sobered up, but now where the fuck was he? Alec tries to find the where everyone went.

Spoiler: Scottish Medic (click to show/hide)
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: June 23, 2021, 04:56:32 pm »

"Come to kill me?" He asks, setting is pen down  and placing his hands flat on the desk. He doesn't seem to be joking, but he doesn't seem fearful either.

"Don't worry doc, we're just here to talk. Please don't be taken aback by our appearance, it comes with our line of work.

If I may reintroduce ourselves: my name is Yagyu and we are here to investigate Neo Detroit to see if we can figure out what is going on here and how to stop it. My associate here is Bob. Don't... don't ask me why or how, I don't know either. Good mechanic though.

Now, I was led to believe you used to be associated with the institute that seems to be at the center off all this. In that case, if you could spare us a moment,"
he says, while taking out the last bottle of good booze that he saved and setting it down in front of the old timer, "we would love to hear all about it."

So yeah, offer the booze to the doc and ask him to tell us about who he is, the institute and his role there, what he knows about the events that lead up to this, etc.

Also, ask the guy who led us here if they have any better batteries we could trade for for Burt, if yes ask him to go talk to said Burt about it.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: June 23, 2021, 06:36:49 pm »

"Ooh... Culty stuff.

Perform an autopsy of the Tree Titan. Ask the hospital men if I can borrow some tools (mostly electric saws), otherwise use my occult knife that will eventually give me a good roll if I hit something with it enough times. Try to obtain analogues for the following parts and put them in a containment jar:

1. An eye.

2. A heart (or some "blood")

3. A sample of "brain" tissue.

4. A sample of "muscle" (or some sort of actuator)

The goal of this autopsy is to determine whether or not this creature has anything that can be loosely considered an "anatomy". Does it have any parts that allow it to function as a living creature or is it a golem that is exclusively powered by magic (eg. Woody from Toy Story). Such a creature would have to shapeshift every time it wanted to move. Rigor mortis would set in immediately since it doesn't actually have any joints.

Once that's done, walk around and interview people about their religious beliefs. Ask them if they knew the original man who transformed into the tree.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 06:40:32 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: June 24, 2021, 03:14:41 am »

Stay at the truck and look around and see if there isn't somewhere that I might get robot brains from.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: June 24, 2021, 10:51:39 pm »

Wilfred's free hand comes up and slaps into the top of his heavily armored hardsuit as he turns to face the machine gun, clearly frustrated.

"What the hell, man?  Are you braindead?!  I am basically wearing a TANK!  And I just killed a fucking hospital with my mind!  WE ARE STILL STANDING UNDER THE HORRIFYING MUSHROOM CLOUD OF THE SCREAMING DEAD!  What possible fucking result are you expecting?!  At least use a rocket launcher or something, you idiots must have them!  God!"

I'd shoot him but that doesn't seem like the most fun option.  Instead, scream at the attacker, and summon up the restless dead inside the vehicles in the motor pool.  Tell the ghosts to cause chaos and murder everything that isn't Wilfred.  Or SAM.  Or already dead.

And if that fails just shoot the machine gun.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: June 25, 2021, 01:26:25 am »

(OOC: Try to rip the ghost out of his still living body with your mind  :P )
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 334