Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482642 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #3810 on: June 17, 2021, 02:42:06 am »

Have pushbot load another standard round in the main cannon, then shoot the angry ent again. (just making sure, but the EdPC uses tech to shoot instead of guns)

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: June 17, 2021, 12:02:26 pm »

Check on the mushroom to see how much it's grown. We drove for quite a while before we got to this place.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3812 on: June 17, 2021, 02:09:50 pm »

Keep firing the turret at the big tree thing, this time try shooting it in the face.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
[7][12][5+7][5+5][Burt's turret is out of ammo]
The two side turrets open up on the downed tree, tearing up wood and asphalt in a spray of lead. The top of the tree is reduced to scattered splinters and the rest stops moving. Burt puts the rest of his magazine worth of rounds into the body, just to be sure.

Back the hell up till I'm out of reach of the tree's arms&weapons.

Use biorhythm tracker to keep track of where it is through the cloud and help with aiming, share this info with teammates if requested.

Weakness Analysis protocols is now at lvl 2: increase damage dealt by 1 die level, + gain advantage on to-hit.

Right arm: shoot ferromagnetic accelerator. Left arm: shoot with goop thrower, aim at leg/foot to try and slow it down or make it stumble so it can't reach us.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Have pushbot load another standard round in the main cannon, then shoot the angry ent again. (just making sure, but the EdPC uses tech to shoot instead of guns)

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
Hmmm...looks like it all worked out.

As the dust settles and Yagyu gives the now dead and already withering tree a few good kicks, the group notices the scrub wearing men gesturing to them from across several empty lanes and a parking lot. The one in the front is waving widely with one arm while the others stand at alert around him, their weapons not exactly pointed at you, but still all in your rough direction.

Check on the mushroom to see how much it's grown. We drove for quite a while before we got to this place.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
If the mushroom has grown, and its somewhat questionable that it has at all, its by an amount quite difficult to make out. Very small.

Yep.  Ghosts.  Summon a swarm of antlered ghost ants to batter/eat through the opening until the hardsuit can fit.  Then... start rushing through the tunnels and up floors until reaching ground level/outside.  Skim past people, and presumably use the hardsuit's lights.  This thing has lights, right?  If not, ghost glowworms or something.  Ghosts solve all problems!

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)
"Found the damn nerds Wonbert, I'm going to keep them busy till you and your 5 tons of power armor ghostiness get here."

SAM will jump into the pile of nerds and grab as many as she can with hands and tentacles alike to act as meat shields against the armed men, objects to yet and use as bludgeons and last but not least crunchy health packs if things get dice while she sorts through them to find the one nerd they're looking for. Making sure to not eat him.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[12][2][2][
Wilfred summons ghosts. He figures he'll need a good amount of them so he puts some oof into the attempt. What he doesn't quite realize is exactly how many people have died here...and how many ghosts there are to summon. Outside, SAM attempts to make a running leap from the roof to the crowd of nerds below. She sails gracefully but nowhere near far enough. She lands with a crunch on the concrete [-1 flesh] and picks herself up like a trash bag full of burst sausages and broken glass.  She's just getting ready to make a half formed dash towards the nerd brigade when a literal geyser of ghostly forms erupts from the roof of the building she was just on. The semi-corporeal horde spray outward in a growing mushroom cloud of nightmares as more start pouring out from inside, smashing through windows and cracking the concete until the building is literally split in half.

The nerd crew and basically everyone nearby stops for a moment to stare in dumbfounded amazement at what appear to be the underworld vomiting up out of the depths of a hospital block.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3813 on: June 17, 2021, 02:25:41 pm »

Diplomacy! Bob on over to the scrubs and shake one of them merrily with my ten foot tentacle in greeting.
Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: June 17, 2021, 03:21:42 pm »

QUICK! SAM will bite the head of a guard and proceed to vore him like she's a Sonic OC on Deviantart while everyone is distracted by the ghost geiser so she can heal, now it's an even fight!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: June 17, 2021, 04:53:24 pm »

”Hey Will, I dunno if you had anything to do with this but for some reason my ghost sense is tingling, like a lot. If you’re in trouble, I just want to remind you that we have a guy to kidnap- I mean rescue. Make sure he gets out intact.

“By the way, were you able to figure out if you knocked out the power or not?”
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: June 18, 2021, 12:48:22 am »

"That thing died way faster than I thought it would."
Use the camera on my phone to zoom in on the tree and see if it dropped any valuable stuff, not getting out of the car unless I need to.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: June 18, 2021, 02:15:29 am »

"Nice shooting gents, very solid work. EdPC, if you need more ammo let me know and I'll see if I can get some in bulk and convert it."

Then Yagyu turns to the group of men, waves and shouts back:

"Greetings, friends! I hope you don't mind that we did some gardening, these weeds are getting out of control!"

If they still seem friendly, slowly approach while keeping my arms away so as to make clear I'm just here to talk. If I arrive unmolested, let the diplomancing begin!

"Well met! My name is Yagyu and we are here to investigate Neo Detroit and see if we can figure out what is going on here and how to stop it. May I be so bold to ask who you are?"

Does EdPC have any reloads for the side guns, or will we need to buy/make some new?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: June 18, 2021, 08:02:55 am »

...Assuming Wil didn't just become one of the ghosts, uh, try and climb up and out of the hospital.  Maybe use the boosters to gets some height, if the sky is visible.  Then try to locate the nerds and their guards, and go head over there.  Melt anyone armed, with the ACA.

"Oh, fucking fuck Derp!  I swear, I didn't mean to summon that many, they just kinda... came out.  Fuckers, did I just accidentally kill the building?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3819 on: June 21, 2021, 02:54:55 pm »

"Nice shooting gents, very solid work. EdPC, if you need more ammo let me know and I'll see if I can get some in bulk and convert it."

Then Yagyu turns to the group of men, waves and shouts back:

"Greetings, friends! I hope you don't mind that we did some gardening, these weeds are getting out of control!"

If they still seem friendly, slowly approach while keeping my arms away so as to make clear I'm just here to talk. If I arrive unmolested, let the diplomancing begin!

"Well met! My name is Yagyu and we are here to investigate Neo Detroit and see if we can figure out what is going on here and how to stop it. May I be so bold to ask who you are?"

Does EdPC have any reloads for the side guns, or will we need to buy/make some new?

Diplomacy! Bob on over to the scrubs and shake one of them merrily with my ten foot tentacle in greeting.
Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
(The EDPC does have reloads for its guns, but I honestly forget how many. They were described as ammo boxes through, so maybe a quick search will reveal them. Should be in a post near the beginning of this)

Bob and Yagyu advance slowly towards the men in scrubs and manage to reach them without being shot. Though, it should be said, the men do seem pretty damn wary of the two of them. Which, considering they're a tentacled crocodile in power armor and what looks like an alien war machine, should probably come as no surprise.

"They call us the Orderlies" says the apparent leader of the group, "Though we don't really have a collective name. We work up the block at the old hospital. Mostly patient care, sometimes," He hefts his rifle, "security. Thanks for the assist back there, by the way."

He shoulders his rifle and gestures to the men behind him. The group nods and starts heading north, leaving the leader behind.

"So, you here to speak to the doc? He's said more than once that he was connected to that." He nods towards the red zone and its constant storm.

"That thing died way faster than I thought it would."
Use the camera on my phone to zoom in on the tree and see if it dropped any valuable stuff, not getting out of the car unless I need to.
The tree dropped a set of armor and a club! But they look a bit big for Burt.

QUICK! SAM will bite the head of a guard and proceed to vore him like she's a Sonic OC on Deviantart while everyone is distracted by the ghost geiser so she can heal, now it's an even fight!

[2,4][5v3]
SAM charges over to the cluster of guards and does a leaping, open mouthed dive onto the nearest one's head. She manages to get his entire head, and about half his chest into her gaping maw. The man, arms pinned to his sides, begins doing what everyone seems to do when this sort of thing happens: Run around screaming. Its probably a rather comical sight, in a horrifying way: the blind scrambling about as SAM gnaws on his armor. She doesn't kill him in one go, in fact he isn't even that seriously injured, but he really can't get away either.

The other guards see this and decide that the best course of action is to pretend its not happening and run for the motorpool, nerds in tow.

...Assuming Wil didn't just become one of the ghosts, uh, try and climb up and out of the hospital.  Maybe use the boosters to gets some height, if the sky is visible.  Then try to locate the nerds and their guards, and go head over there.  Melt anyone armed, with the ACA.

"Oh, fucking fuck Derp!  I swear, I didn't mean to summon that many, they just kinda... came out.  Fuckers, did I just accidentally kill the building?"

Wilfred rockets out of the newly created crater and lands on the surface, looking around and shooing ghosts away from him. He spots SAM and the fleeing guards and immediately takes to the air before leveling the ACA on them.
[1] This is secretly Xan playing this character, isn't it? [2,3,1,1][4]
The ACA disgorges a dense spray of horrible dark green corrosive fluid. The stuff splatters all over the guards, the nerds, and several other random people nearby. They all immediately vanish in a cloud of screams and thick yellowish smoke. However, there is one bright side: The screaming keeps going. That means that some of them must still be alive! Horribly burnt and maybe dying, but Currently alive!

That is what we call technically a success!

[

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: June 21, 2021, 03:30:40 pm »

"FSHS SSFH WIFSHD!"

SAM will go agaisnt her late mother's advice and shallow without chewing, then she'll try to find the screaming melty dude who looks the most like the nerd she's searching for and try to un-melt him with her medikit. But not before GTFOing from the gas melty cloud with the nerd in tow of course, here's to hoping he won't slip through her fingers...literally

« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 03:42:49 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: June 21, 2021, 09:10:33 pm »

"What?!  You've got him so we're--wait, fuck, fuck, that's a guard?  Oh my fucking--Fuck!  Derp!  I thought you fucking Derp had him already!  Fuck, fuck, how do you treat acidic cleaning fluid?!  He's melting!  Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp!"

Uhhhh so I think nerd's probably gonna die, so... stay nearby, shoot anyone who comes near or looks violent (not SAM), and if the nerd kicks the bucket, summon his ghost jmmediately.  And keep it.  I guess.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: June 22, 2021, 02:46:41 am »

((The misadventures of the Wil-SAM comedy duo is the best sitcom I never knew I wanted.  :D  ))

"So, you here to speak to the doc? He's said more than once that he was connected to that." He nods towards the red zone and its constant storm.
"Why yes, if you could bring us to him that would be most wonderful, we'd love to have a chat with the good doctor."

Follow them to the hospital. Once there, request an audience with the doc. On the way there, ask them to tell us about themselves: who are they, what do they do, why are they here in the orange zone? 

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: June 22, 2021, 02:54:17 am »

"So since I can't leave the truck I guess I'll ask did anyone save the brains of the pizza robots onto a flash drive or something, because I've got an idea of what we can do with them."
See what repairs are needed for the other animatronics to work again and fix what I can with out a tool kit charge.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: June 22, 2021, 03:25:39 am »

”Perhaps, while I am talking with the doc, you guys can look around or barter for a better battery?”

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 334