Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482760 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3780 on: June 04, 2021, 10:08:06 am »

No action. Waiting on team movement to next Point of Interest.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #3781 on: June 04, 2021, 03:23:26 pm »

Beep beep, I'm a jeep. Follow the course Yagyu plots out

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 11:01:10 am by Pancaek »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: June 05, 2021, 09:17:26 am »

((you should put the Upsetting Frog Logo into your inventory))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: June 06, 2021, 11:01:47 am »

((you should put the Upsetting Frog Logo into your inventory))
[/quote]
((Done, I added an extra bit for decals))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3784 on: June 06, 2021, 06:31:25 pm »

"Huzza I can move again, and it doesn't even bother me that I can't leave the car!"
Go grab my stuff from wherever it was stashed and look myself over and find out what my stats are and how long my batteries will last if I'm not plugged in.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: stats (click to show/hide)
Burt gathers up his worldly possessions and then unplugs himself. It looks like his batteries will last different amounts of time depending on how active he is. If he just sits around they could last hours, walking around normally, about an hour, but any sort of strenuous movement is going to reduce that time to a fraction. Maybe 15 minutes? Maybe 5? Hard to say.

No action. Waiting on team movement to next Point of Interest.

"Welcome again to the land of the living and able, Burt. Glad to have you back.

Allrighty then gents, good show, good show. Time to head to our next objective, which I think should be that shipping center that Ji found. Also, let's keep an eye out for a new battery for Burt's new bod."

Next stop is the shipping center Lup found earlier. Chart a course there, but see if there any locations on the way there that have a good chance for us of  finding/scavenging a battery for Burt. Then, vamos!

((Btw, since we used a toolkit charge to repair the fox, don't forget to deduct it from your inventory @zultan.))

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
The EdPC gets back on the highway and heads north for a few miles before beginning the journey east, and into the orange zone. They take the 14 through quiet fields as the sun rises, far from the chaos of Ann Arbor. In the light of day they can see more homes scattered around, peeking out through overgrown grass and new tree lines, each home at least a 100 feet from its neighbor, though often more. These give way to more densely packed but still quietly rural and overgrown homes as they near the outskirts of Detroit. By the time they are coming to the edge of the orange zone the area is fully developed again, a dense suburb with all the little shopping centers and amenities such a place needs.  The outgoing road is absolutely impenetrably packed with abandoned cars, while the road in is entirely empty.  Their passage across the yellow zone was quiet, almost serene and beautiful in its way; the slow growth of nature over abandoned ruins of society, all cast in the warm glow of morning. But as they near the orange zone, this all changes. The air becomes noticeably heavy and smells of smoke and burning rubber. The sky, glowing golden, dims as the sun is blocked out by the swirling storm column. Silence is replaced with the sounds of distant gunfire, screaming, and otherworldly sounds. When they finally pass the boundary everyone can feel it, even those without nerve endings or anything organic to feel it with. Its a heavy feeling, a dread, baseline uncertainty which seems to make them subtly second guess every action and assumption. The world might fall out beneath their feet at any point.

They make it maybe a mile in when two things happen. First, someone remembers that one of their targets is reportedly near here: St. Mary Mercy hospital just about a block north.  Second, a rocket propelled grenade lances past, maybe 20 feet in front of the EdPC, and strikes a building off to the south. A group of men in what look like scrubs are emerging from the parking lot of the large building to the north and pointing past the EdPC towards the opposite side of the highway.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3785 on: June 07, 2021, 01:59:11 am »

"Yagyu, we've gotten a connection into the hospital intranet.  Gonna start searching for our target now."

Well, start scanning through all information that can be accessed.  Priority is any kind of information on where the scientist is, and ideally a way to contact him.  After that, maps, layouts, and information on where they keep their coolest/best guns are a secondary goal.  Hey, nothing's wrong with a bit of personal fun!

Oh, and if any information is found on the scientist/possible loot caches, forward that info to Yagyu and SAM.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accomplishments (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: June 07, 2021, 03:34:08 am »

"These batteries I've got sure seem to suck I guess I'm stuck in the tuck until someone can find better ones."
Be ready to use one of the turrets if it's needed and make sure I'm plugged in so I have a full battery if needed.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: June 07, 2021, 03:33:14 pm »

"Edboy, I think we might want to back up juuuust a lil' bit until we know what is going on here."

Ask our guide if he knows who these people are or if he has an idea of what is happening here.

Does it look like that rocket was maybe aimed at us and they just had really bad aim, or more likely that they intended to hit that building?

If more hostilities occur (not necessarily against us) make sure that the weakness analyzer is active.

"Yagyu, we've gotten a connection into the hospital intranet.  Gonna start searching for our target now."

"Good to hear it! We just entered the orange zone in pursuit of one of our leads and might swing by to interview one of the other eggheads, but might have stumbled on some trouble already."

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: June 07, 2021, 05:23:26 pm »

Get on a turret and fire at hostiles.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: June 07, 2021, 06:04:54 pm »

"Well my job here is done, should I leave or do something more Wonfrod Wilsonson?"

SAM will find someplace dark and small to hide while awaiting confirmation of any nearby nerds to kidnap or shinies to loot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 08:41:00 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3790 on: June 07, 2021, 06:31:04 pm »

Bob.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: June 07, 2021, 08:12:31 pm »

"Well my job here is done, should I leave or do something more Wonfrod Wilsonson?"

"Uhhh, well.  I might be able to find the bastard quickly, and if he's nearby you might be able to grab him and just be done with this mess.  Failing that, this place seems to be storage, and I'm hoping I can find caches of something to loot.  Really though, up to you now; I don't care if you go eating heads, just try not cause a commotion near the drone."

((Edited action; if anything's found, you'll be told.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: June 09, 2021, 03:49:59 pm »

"Quite so. Imma just scootch over a bit out of the line of fire"

This seems like a bad place to park. If possible, get out of the line of fire by heading north towards that hospital. If that doesn't get us out of the line of fire, take another direction.

All the while, use the EdPC's cameras and Pushbot to check our surroundings. Doesn't seem like anyone is targeting us specifically right now. But if I see anyone target us, give them a shot of the main cannon (currently has a regular shell loaded)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: June 09, 2021, 04:26:51 pm »

"Hey Wilfred, since you're in there, could you go looking around for some paydata (ie. stuff we can sell on the blackmarket to interested buyers). There seem to be a lot of rival gangs who would be interested in seeing the smiles get taken down a peg, maybe there's some info about their weaknesses in there. Alternatively you could look for building blueprints or weapon schematics. They've got some smart people working here. I'm 99% sure they're working on a prototype we can steal."

Check my watch for anomalous activity (besides the mushroom). Look at what the parking lot men are pointing at.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 334