Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482757 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #3765 on: June 01, 2021, 10:35:27 am »

Head into the pizzeria with gun at the ready. Don’t trust any robots. While I’m at it, see if there’s a kitchen. If there is, see if they have food stocked
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3766 on: June 01, 2021, 02:57:13 pm »

SAM quickly plunges her hand over the goon's mouth before he can scream for help or a sack of ice for his broken nose.

"So here is what will happen, you'll tell me where your servers rooms, internet cables, wires, and wifi routers are and in return, I won't re-enact every SAW movie death on you at the same time."

SAM will slowly remove her hand once she gets confirmation from Goonius the IV that he'll be nice, being ready to immediately cover his mouth again if it looks like he'll attempt to scream. If the goon doesn't look like he'll cooperate or tries to scream, SAM will chew his forbidden hand sausages until he decides to be reasonable about this whole thing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sam is sufficiently terrifying enough that the man begins nodding immediately. She carefully removes her hand from his mouth but keeps her sharpened fingers meaningfully near his throat.

He tells her what he knows about where everything is. Most of it is worthless for this particular  instance, but she does learn where one of the underground cables is. Apparently they ran across it accidently a while back and the higher ups were really insistent they not damage it. He gives directions to it from here.

Mount Upsetting Frog LogoTM to EdPC.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
[8] Bob, with a bit of help from others, gets the sign down and manages to get it chained to the front of the EdPC like the figurehead of a boat.  Neat! Terrifying! YAY!

"I'm excited about this place to bad I can't actually go inside, while we're here we might want to check out that computer repair place and that book store might be interesting as well."
See if I can't find out any thing on the internet about any of the other nearby businesses.
[2]
Internet connection seems iffy right now. Getting a lot of interference in general.

Head into the pizzeria with gun at the ready. Don’t trust any robots. While I’m at it, see if there’s a kitchen. If there is, see if they have food stocked
Welp, get inside and start looking for a suitable replacement body for dear ol' Burty Burt.

Should one be found, see what kind of modifications would be needed to make it useable for Burt. Then check if we have everything needed, if not look around/online for where we could find what we need.

Note, I'm willing to burn a toolkit charge to get it done. Second note, we could swing by the military base of the bazaar to get the parts or tools we need as well if needed.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Ji and Yagyu head into the place. Its spooky to be sure, all dark, silent, and filled with the residue of happier times and nostalgia. But a quick sweep reveals the most dangerous critters around are a family of rather large rats living in the kitchen. The food, Ji finds, has long ago been nibbled into and the packages that haven't are basically shrink wrapped rot at this point.

The main stage has 4 animatronics: A big frog in suspenders, a Fox in a sort of dandy's outfit, a female goose with...a large chest...dressed in purple, furs and boa, and a porcupine in overalls and floppy cap. They've all got instruments and are frozen in mid-action. Their clothing is fiberglass and rubber, their internals all metal, with mechanisms for movement and facial expressions. Their faces are also a mix of rubber and fiberglass and look to be able to contort and flex in a way that is probably best described as "Very nearly not scary".

A quick assessment reveals that they are not locked down in any way and are, in fact, fully mobile and functional bodies, apparently so they could wander around and interact with kids. The only downside is they use electric batteries and need to be charged regularly, on chargers disguised as wooden stools and such on stage. Getting Burt into one of these would be easy, but he really needs a new power source to keep moving for long. One of the nuclear batteries found in prosthetic bodies would be best, but anything that doesn't require him to be on an extension cord would be nice.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: June 01, 2021, 03:00:38 pm »

((OOC: What about the batteries in pushbots?))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: June 01, 2021, 03:11:01 pm »

((I have an idea. I don't know if Bob would have this idea though. I think it'll 'work,' and would certainly be fitting for us.

1) locate pizza place's generator repair and remove from the premises.
2) connect 3 of the 4 animatronics together along with their charging ports into a sort of robo chimera to carry the generator.
3) Burt goes in remaining robot.
4) make sure the 4 bots can be swapped in and out of the horsebomination so Burt can swap out between comically terrifying mascots as needed.
5) alternatively, put all 4 into the horsebomination and Burt goes into the gestalt.
6) someone activate Xantalos. I'm sure he'd appreciate this.))

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: June 01, 2021, 03:47:46 pm »

"Huh, this was easy. Thank ya for being a good sport about this whole thing, I really thought I'd have to rip your eyeballs off or something. Anyway, a promise is a promise, I won't slowly torture you to death. Hey Wilfrom Software, I got the intel, gonna let you in soon, get your hacking skills ready."

SAM will tear off the man's throat with her jaws before swallowing him whole like some sort of weird H.R Giger sex fantasy, she never said anything about not killing him after all. After that's done she'll look for any vents to crawl into and make way towards the cable.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: June 01, 2021, 05:18:12 pm »

Load the animatronics into the Ed PC, or mount them on top.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: June 02, 2021, 02:44:19 am »

"Can you guys just shove me into the fox one, I don't care if I have to be stuck to an outlet for a while, I just want to be able to move again it's weird not being able to move, also if it needs to be fixed first use my tool kit for it."
Wait for someone to put me in a robot.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: June 02, 2021, 09:31:49 am »

"... if it needs to be fixed first use my tool kit for it."
((you don't have a toolkit. You don't have an inventory. You don't have a body. Don't worry, Bob's got you covered on toolkits. Not like he's saving them for something potentially important to the mission or anything.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3773 on: June 02, 2021, 02:51:05 pm »

"Excellent, that was pretty fast.  Good job, Richard."

Be ready to... do whatever it is Wilfred would need to do to help setup the connection between the drone and the network cable under the hospital.  Remotely operate the camera drone?  Talk SAM through connecting the tan wire to the ochre wire?  I'unno.

If SAM doesn't get that far this turn, idly wonder if Wildred could summon up some kind of extension cord ghost, which could connect his hardsuit and the silverfish.  I mean, he just summoned one with a fog light head, maybe there's one with an extension cable dick.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: June 02, 2021, 03:42:03 pm »

Check around the place for a possible battery while Ji is loading things up.

Then on the EdPC start repairing the fox body. Use a toolkit charge, and scavenge parts from the other animatronics if needed. For power, we can just hook him up to EdPC for now if no battery was found. (Let EdPC do the actual downloading and installation of the Burt.)

Look around the map for any places where we have a good chance of easily finding/scavenging a battery. If found, go there and look, if not then go to either the bazaar or one of the military bases to barter for one (call ahead so they can look for it). 

« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 04:56:00 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: June 02, 2021, 03:58:08 pm »

Help my teammates with repairing the pizza place robot body and putting Burt into said body, in any capacity I can.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3776 on: June 03, 2021, 03:37:55 pm »

Load the animatronics into the Ed PC, or mount them on top.
"Can you guys just shove me into the fox one, I don't care if I have to be stuck to an outlet for a while, I just want to be able to move again it's weird not being able to move, also if it needs to be fixed first use my tool kit for it."
Wait for someone to put me in a robot.
Help my teammates with repairing the pizza place robot body and putting Burt into said body, in any capacity I can.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

Check around the place for a possible battery while Ji is loading things up.

Then on the EdPC start repairing the fox body. Use a toolkit charge, and scavenge parts from the other animatronics if needed. For power, we can just hook him up to EdPC for now if no battery was found. (Let EdPC do the actual downloading and installation of the Burt.)

Look around the map for any places where we have a good chance of easily finding/scavenging a battery. If found, go there and look, if not then go to either the bazaar or one of the military bases to barter for one (call ahead so they can look for it). 

While the rest of the team is dragging the animatronics out into the parking lot and getting them laid out Yagyu checks around the place for some sort of battery that could be used to power one of the bots indefinitely. [2] He sadly finds nothing of the sort. All the batteries he does find are all significantly less powerful than the ones already built into the bots. Makes sense, he supposes.

[3,7]
The fox requires only a small number of repairs: its in surprisingly good condition all things considered. The only major change is that they have to cannibalize the computer cores from the other three bodies to build a core powerful enough to sustain Burt's mind. They stuff the new quad core into the fox body and work from there.  Connecting it to the EdPC's power system is relatively easy, through they don't exactly have a long enough cable to let it go far; its mostly stuck in the interior and immediate exterior in terms of tethered length.
[6]
They connect the computer core up to the EdPC's mainframe and download Burt's consciousness into the Dandy Fox. It takes about 20 minutes. When its done the body sits up and looks around.

"Hello?" Burt ventures and notices that the thing's voice synthesizer has given him an odd old money southern drawl.

By the way, in case you don't know what a dandy is.

"Huh, this was easy. Thank ya for being a good sport about this whole thing, I really thought I'd have to rip your eyeballs off or something. Anyway, a promise is a promise, I won't slowly torture you to death. Hey Wilfrom Software, I got the intel, gonna let you in soon, get your hacking skills ready."

SAM will tear off the man's throat with her jaws before swallowing him whole like some sort of weird H.R Giger sex fantasy, she never said anything about not killing him after all. After that's done she'll look for any vents to crawl into and make way towards the cable.

(Be thankful I'm not forcing a melee check for this, miss d4.)

Sam thanks the man and then immediately bites his head off. In the literal sense. She then swarms down the hall on all fours, looking for a vent to crawl through. She doesn't find anything, so she just decides to go through the tunnels instead. [4] She has some close calls and ends up having to cling to the ceiling for a few minutes as people wander underneath her, but she manages to find the wire the man told her about. Its rather unassuming; just a conduit crossing the ceiling at the intersection between two tunnels.

Sam sticks to the ceiling like a gecko and pulls the drone out, showing it the conduit.

"Hey hey. Wilbur. What do."

"Excellent, that was pretty fast.  Good job, Richard."

Be ready to... do whatever it is Wilfred would need to do to help setup the connection between the drone and the network cable under the hospital.  Remotely operate the camera drone?  Talk SAM through connecting the tan wire to the ochre wire?  I'unno.

If SAM doesn't get that far this turn, idly wonder if Wildred could summon up some kind of extension cord ghost, which could connect his hardsuit and the silverfish.  I mean, he just summoned one with a fog light head, maybe there's one with an extension cable dick.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
[5]
Wilfred talks SAM through the process of opening up the drone, opening the conduit, and splicing the two together. It takes a while, but the end result is the drone is directly wired into the hospital's intranet. And Wilfred is connected to the drone. And thus, Wilfred is in.

"Bingo."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: June 04, 2021, 04:01:01 am »

"Huzza I can move again, and it doesn't even bother me that I can't leave the car!"
Go grab my stuff from wherever it was stashed and look myself over and find out what my stats are and how long my batteries will last if I'm not plugged in.
Spoiler: Is no longer dead! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 02:01:12 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: June 04, 2021, 06:38:40 am »

Get on the EPC and await further orders.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: June 04, 2021, 08:11:30 am »

"Welcome again to the land of the living and able, Burt. Glad to have you back.

Allrighty then gents, good show, good show. Time to head to our next objective, which I think should be that shipping center that Ji found. Also, let's keep an eye out for a new battery for Burt's new bod."

Next stop is the shipping center Lup found earlier. Chart a course there, but see if there any locations on the way there that have a good chance for us of  finding/scavenging a battery for Burt. Then, vamos!

((Btw, since we used a toolkit charge to repair the fox, don't forget to deduct it from your inventory @zultan.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 334