Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482793 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Fixer upper
« Reply #3690 on: May 09, 2021, 08:45:08 am »

Keep an eye out for any airport vehicles. Like a baggage tug or airplane tug or broom truck or de-icing rig or motorized stairs or something. Should be some of those around, if they haven't completely rusted away to nothing.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3691 on: May 10, 2021, 02:15:43 pm »

Keep an eye out for any airport vehicles. Like a baggage tug or airplane tug or broom truck or de-icing rig or motorized stairs or something. Should be some of those around, if they haven't completely rusted away to nothing.

[6]
A quick search does reveal an airplane tug sitting out to the side of the hanger. Its fairly heavily rusted and decayed but does start up, though with a great deal of protest.

"It turns out the logo on the plane is for that institute of human advancement thing, not sure if that helps or anything but we should at least search the plane."
See if I can find anything else on the internet that'll help the situation.
[5] Burt searches around for something to correlate with the strange oscillation that Yagyu was picking up. He finds that the Hz of that oscillation matches with the Hz of human theta brain waves.

”If you guys are planning to knock out the Smiles’s power, do you think it might be smart to let the military know, incase they want to take advantage of the situation? It could earn us some brownie points with them.”
Search online for ways to kill ghosts
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
Because ghosts have, somewhat recently, become a demonstrable and occasionally homicidal phenomena there is actually a great deal of information. The quality of that information seems...variable though. [2] Ji has a hard time figuring out what is the correct information and what is bullshit. A lot of it contradicts. The best she can figure is that "occult" objects are needed.

locate a functional battery of sufficient size to power the computer in the plane. Drag said battery to the plane. Attach battery to plane. Ignore battery's protests.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)

[4]
Bob hears the chug of an engine and promptly follows it over to where one of his teammates -he can't tell any of them apart- has found a machine!  He promptly steals the battery from that machine and drags it back over to the plane with some degree of difficulty.  He connects the battery to the plane's systems and then begins waiting patiently for someone to come over and read the information he's unlocked.  Because he can't read. Not because he's an alligator, because he got kicked out of grade school for political reasons (and biting the teacher).

"If I'm going to be honest with you guys, taking the intranet down seems unnecessary. To me, it makes more sense to jack someone in there and have them access their system.

"Who knows what kind of stuff we'll find in the there. Could be blueprints, could be accounting reports, could be employee dossiers, info I'm sure some rival gang would be interested in purchasing. Besides paydata though, I imagine that jacking in will give us access to the security system which should at the very least allow us to pinpoint the exact location of our guy, though I'm sure you'll be able to do much more with it if you're creative enough. Especially if they have security robots.

"If we had access, we'd be probably be able to shut it down as well."

Assist Yagyu on his anomaly ponderings again.

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
Set a timer, make sure to be aware of when another event is getting closer to occurring (have plenty of leeway in case Yagyu's estimate if off). Warn peeps when it gets near.

Send the flight record to EdPC so he can try to decode it (unless he objects or there's a chance for ghostly contamination). Again though try to minimally disturb the environment for now.

For the plane computers, could we maybe hook it up to Burt's shield generator to provide power? It'd only need to power it for a little bit, we'd just want to download whatever flight data of black box info there is in there. Either way, also look around to see if there isn't some sort of battery lying around we could use (I think we'd rather not hook up our suits or EdPC in case of ghostly contamination).

(actually, I don't think we'd even need power to get to the black box data? Just hook it up and download it, supposing we can locate it?)

Can Yagyu intuit anything about what would happen if we eg. move crates around, would this interfere with the echo in some dangerous way? What about being in the airport when it triggers?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Ok.

Ok

Already done, slowpoke

[2] Unknown. Its possible that the echo has little to do with the current arrentment of objects. After all, they've been decaying this whole time and thats gotta be a change from what they once were. Then again, maybe the shifted objects will be violently ripped back into position. Or maybe they'll  phase out and back in. Or maybe they'll "rewind" back into position. Or maybe the echo was broken the moment things were moved. Yagyu really isn't sure.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 02:27:06 pm by piecewise »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: May 11, 2021, 05:13:16 am »

"Hey Yagyu you know that weird thing you were picking up is the same Hz as human theta brain waves."
Keep looking on the internet for any additional info on that institute of human advancement.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3693 on: May 11, 2021, 11:04:14 am »

"Alright, I'm low on ideas here.  The way I see it, we need some way to contact the scientist, which we might need to get into their intranet to do.  To get into the intranet, we either need to send some kinda vulnerable drone in, send a vulnerable team member in, or bribe someone local to give us access.  I'm not good at the whole "ambassador" thing, myself, unless it involves shooting and or hitting Xenos.  And I ain't waltzing into this place without artillery support.  So... yeah.  Not sure what else to do, though maybe I can get one of these camera drones in."

Would a hacked camera drone be able to connect to their intranet, if it flew up and got a physical connection?  Or maybe someone or other might connect a wireless device to it, which we could remotely connect through?  Ponder our options here; I'd like some way to get into their network without marching inside the compound.

Also, you know what, ask OMNIcorp for information on the scientist's old email address and whatnot.  I mean, people apparently have internet access, so maybe we can just send him a text saying "yo wassup?"

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: May 11, 2021, 11:34:35 am »

Well, might as well loot. Look around for anything that might be sellable at the Bazaar. Check the hangar and the offices.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: May 11, 2021, 12:57:27 pm »

Go read the data that Bob just unlocked, make a copy to my computing cube if possible. Maybe cross-correlate the findings with whatever EdPC gleans from the flight record.

Then go check out the other two planes and see if they have any secrets to divulge. If nothing of interest here, give those crates a scan.

EdPC in case of no post: check out flight record and see what's up.

"Hey Yagyu you know that weird thing you were picking up is the same Hz as human theta brain waves."

"That's weird but good to know, thanks. Hmm, theta waves are associated with sleeping. I swear, if all that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream I am going to be so pissed."

« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 01:11:57 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3696 on: May 13, 2021, 09:44:43 am »

Keep looking on the internet for any additional info on that institute of human advancement.
[4]
Information is easy to find as it turns out, though a large amount of it is of...questionable. The institute's connection, or supposed connection, to the disaster is well known enough that it has given rise to a vast amount of speculation and conspiracy theories regarding the origin of the disaster and the purpose of the research there. The official information is actually more sparse that what the team was told in the beginnign briefing and a lot of the theories regarding the disaster are undermined by the information known as well as...common sense. The best Burt can find is some complied interviews with former staff that were not caught up in the disaster. Though interesting these don't seem to really shed any new light on the events...at least not right now.

Well, might as well loot. Look around for anything that might be sellable at the Bazaar. Check the hangar and the offices.
[3]
The best Ji can find in terms of lootables is a few small boxes of antiquated electronics and mechanical parts as well as a small case of those little wing pins they used to give to kids riding the planes. Those are VERY old.

"Alright, I'm low on ideas here.  The way I see it, we need some way to contact the scientist, which we might need to get into their intranet to do.  To get into the intranet, we either need to send some kinda vulnerable drone in, send a vulnerable team member in, or bribe someone local to give us access.  I'm not good at the whole "ambassador" thing, myself, unless it involves shooting and or hitting Xenos.  And I ain't waltzing into this place without artillery support.  So... yeah.  Not sure what else to do, though maybe I can get one of these camera drones in."

Would a hacked camera drone be able to connect to their intranet, if it flew up and got a physical connection?  Or maybe someone or other might connect a wireless device to it, which we could remotely connect through?  Ponder our options here; I'd like some way to get into their network without marching inside the compound.

Also, you know what, ask OMNIcorp for information on the scientist's old email address and whatnot.  I mean, people apparently have internet access, so maybe we can just send him a text saying "yo wassup?"

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Anything which could physically connect to the wires of the intranet would be able to broadcast from it.  That is the inherent issue though: getthing to those wires. Theres no map as to where they run (at least none in the data being accessed here, maybe old hospital construction records would say) but Wilred knows from the information intercepted on the public network that they do run though the tunnel network under the buildings. Those tunnels had all sorts of uses in the old hospital and are, from descripitions of them in conversations, now mostly used for storage and generally not patrolled or inhabited. The most effective means of reaching the intranet seems to be accessing those tunnels and then finding one of the cables down there. Blueprints of the hospital would be useful, as well as knowledge of any outside connections they had, like to sewer lines or maybe drainage into the river. Digging into the tunnels is another option, though obviously not as easy or potentially covert.

Go read the data that Bob just unlocked, make a copy to my computing cube if possible. Maybe cross-correlate the findings with whatever EdPC gleans from the flight record.

Then go check out the other two planes and see if they have any secrets to divulge. If nothing of interest here, give those crates a scan.

EdPC in case of no post: check out flight record and see what's up.

"That's weird but good to know, thanks. Hmm, theta waves are associated with sleeping. I swear, if all that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream I am going to be so pissed."

The flight records and general data from the plane is rather boring as a whole, just as you'd expect such data to be. However, Yagyu is able- looking at it as a whole and picking out details- to gleen some interesting things.

First, these flights were not flukes or rarities. The institute was running regular flights out of this airport and had been for several years prior. Second their logs were spotty and suspitiously light on details. Cargo often times just noted as "Materials" or "Personnel",  pilot names were left blank, and the flight's origin was often recorded as simply "Foreign".  The plane's flight data and internal logs were more detailed but always written in what seemed to be coded language, exact contents and actions hidden behind euphemisms. "Organic testing supplies" and and the like which, with the right mindset, have a definite sinister tone.

[8] Yagyu's interpretation of all the data is this: The institue was using this airport- as opposed to the larger, more official one in detroit proper- to ship in materials that would otherwise not be able to be brought in. It was, smuggling things in for unknown purposes. Could they have been doing it to bypass laws? Or simply to remain confidential in their research? He already knows that the subject of their research was highly guarded and unknown to basically anyone outside of the upper echalons of the project. Its why this entire thing is such a mystery: no one knows what the hell they were doing.  But why?

The other planes reveal similar things on their recorders and data logs. The crates contain carefully packaged and sealed electronic components: huge circuit boards and wrapped in milky plastic and held in custom fitted foam. They have numbers and designations connected to them but their purpose isn't readily conprehensible. However, there is one final package that he finds aboard the "Ghost" plane that Bob restored. it was tucked in a corner of the cargo hold, apparently forgotten. Its only about the size of a large suitcase but is excessively robust and densely armored. Unlike the other metal crates this one is locked tight. [2] Yagyu isn't sure what the password for it would be either.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: May 14, 2021, 03:22:19 am »

Keep searching through the internet looking at any info from before the disaster, like what they were doing and such.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: May 14, 2021, 11:18:44 am »

((Sorry for not posting last turn, I was busy with some IRL stuff))

"If they were smuggling stuff in through here, then this would only be their first stop along the supply line. They would still have to transfer the goods to the lab itself. They'd probably do it by truck if I had to make a guess. And if they did, then there'd probably be some sort of loading area. And truck drivers too.

"Maybe one of them is still around, but if I'm gonna be honest, I think we got most of the information we're gonna find here. I'm sure if we keep investigating, we'll find little details, but they aren't important to our mission. Let's just move on and go onto other things"

Load some crates (plus the pass-locked breifcase) onto the EDPC so Wilfred can analyze it later. Edit: Rest of action post moved.

"One last thing before we go. Let's wait for another timewarp. We didn't know what we were looking last time, but maybe now with the knowledge we have, we may be able to discover something new."

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 10:41:46 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: May 14, 2021, 12:07:39 pm »

Chill in the driver's seat of the aircraft tug. Just chill. Wait for someone to be done with the thing's battery.

Check if it has enough computery goodness to hold Burt. We could always use a BurtPC to match the EdPC.

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: May 14, 2021, 12:08:20 pm »

((secret tunnels under the hospital, possibly connecting to the sewer and/or the river, with a goal of interfacing with an electronic system? If there were snacks, Bob would be all over that mission.))

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: May 15, 2021, 05:09:14 am »

See if I can find out where the institute’s operations in the airport were located. Maybe an office or a shipping dock, or a secret bunker or something. They have to have had infrastructure to move things from the airport to the lab.

After that’s done, search the planes for valuables, then help load crates of electronics onto the EPC

Leave my boxes of stuff with the other crates for now

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 11:05:23 am by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: May 15, 2021, 10:18:55 am »

The other planes reveal similar things on their recorders and data logs. The crates contain carefully packaged and sealed electronic components: huge circuit boards and wrapped in milky plastic and held in custom fitted foam. They have numbers and designations connected to them but their purpose isn't readily conprehensible.
Send pics of these to command, maybe they can make some more sense out of what these could have been used for. 

However, there is one final package that he finds aboard the "Ghost" plane that Bob restored. it was tucked in a corner of the cargo hold, apparently forgotten. Its only about the size of a large suitcase but is excessively robust and densely armored. Unlike the other metal crates this one is locked tight. [2] Yagyu isn't sure what the password for it would be either.

Does it seem like the electronic lock could be hacked? If yes, hook it up to EdPC and see if he can do something. If not, does it seem like we could just pick the lock? What roll would this require?

If also not, could I cut/break open the lock/briefcase in a bout of handiwork without damaging what's inside? Does it look like the briefcase might have anti-tampering measures or that it might destroy what's inside when not opened properly? 

"I think we'll want to wait with loading these crates into EdPC until we know for sure what happens to them during a ghostplane event.

Also, I think we have a few building left to explore as well, so let's not leave quite yet."

Let's hold off on loading the crates into EdPC for now, just in case. Instead, leave one a few meters away from where we found it (but still on the airport grounds), and leave one just outside of the airport grounds (but with line of sight of the place we found it if possible). In case the behavior is different when the crate leaves the anomalous area.

Finally, we still had some building we haven't explored yet, right? Or were they part of what we looked through already?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: May 15, 2021, 10:31:10 am »

”The real question to ask right now is if we should leave someone inside the airport while the shift happens or if we should make sure to exit the place first. My money’s on the former.

“Actually, No, there’s an easy way to find out if it’s safe or not. Let’s just go find a squirrel, or a snail or something and see what happens to it!”

Go outside the airport and start looking for small defenceless animals. Digging for worms/grubs/beatles is an option as well. Put them in a universal containment pod and then leave it somewhere in the airport

Also, ponder if the pass-locked briefcase may be the cause of these time-warping shenanigans. I mean there had to have been something in this airport to cause it.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 10:40:08 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3704 on: May 15, 2021, 06:55:19 pm »

Remain in plane.
Await fate.
Anticipate Big Snack.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 334