Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482805 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3720 on: May 20, 2021, 05:40:39 am »

Search the plane for big snack. that faceless guy probably had one on him, so start looking back where he was.

Bob's fine with a competent teammate examining spiderbot's records. Bob knows which are competent at tech and which are not. Non competents will get eaten if they try anything.
Bob will accept the rat and kelp (preferably in ratkelp sandwich form) and not fuss too much when people board the plane and start examining him.

Spoiler: Team Mascot (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 04:02:45 am by Ozarck »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3721 on: May 20, 2021, 10:33:38 am »

Wonderful!  I don't plan to make any more swaps, so that's fine.

Have the helpful rat ghost lead Wil to the sewers.  The fleshorror can follow, at their discretion.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Spooky
« Reply #3722 on: May 20, 2021, 12:21:06 pm »

"Okie dokie, let's get this sewer bread!"

Follow Will along into the stink zone

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: May 20, 2021, 02:03:40 pm »

"Ok. The next step in our experiment now should be to try to talk to someone. Or better yet, try to change the past. I volunteer myself for the position.

Additionally, we should try to find a date for this flight. We might be able to use this to identify our man. I'm pretty sure it's the most recent date in the log."

Feed the rat to Bob. Check the flight log for the most recent date. Look up the winning lottery numbers for the jackpot for that date. Write it down a in massive font on a sheet of paper (stored in my idea tube). Wait inside the airplane for the next time warp. Try asking the man if he believes time travel is possible. Then tell him the winning lottery numbers and show him the paper. Do my best to persuade him to try for the jackpot. When I come back, check if the lottery winner has changed. If this works, we should have a name and a face.

If he is completely unresponsive, slash him with my occult knife (try to maim his hands). If that fails, carve the numbers onto a seat cushion right in front of him.

EDIT: Too meta

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 02:01:19 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: May 21, 2021, 01:54:15 am »

((Don't wanna rain on anyone's parade, but remember we don't know what Bob saw or what happened to him, and he's not the kind of character where we could just assume he'd share his info with the team automatically.))

Did the boxes inside and outside the airport respond differently to the event?

If it seems like the box with samples (or just the samples inside) could successfully be taken without them disappearing during the next event, take them. Also take the crates with those computer parts.

Give Bob a scan to see if he's now radioactive or anomalous or something. Also wave the anomaly watch over him a few times. Use some of the kelp to distract him so he doesn't waddle around while we examine him.

Question, was spiderbot with Bob at the time of the event? If yes, does spiderbot keep any sort of logs or video storage? If yes again, could we tap into that to see what was going on inside the plane? If yes, motion to Bob in a "may I?" way, and if no angry chomping forthcoming, download the spiderbot's data to my computing cube and take a look. 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: May 21, 2021, 07:23:25 am »

Collect my trash loot and help load crates.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: May 21, 2021, 02:00:49 pm »

((Don't wanna rain on anyone's parade, but remember we don't know what Bob saw or what happened to him, and he's not the kind of character where we could just assume he'd share his info with the team automatically.))

Ok. Let me repharase everything in a way that isn't meta.

"Seeing that it seems like living animals can enter the anomaly without dying, lets now try an experiment to see if it's possible to actually change the past. I volunteer myself for the position.

I assume this flight has an entry in the log. Probably the most recent one. Can someone check it for me? There were probably some people on the plane. I wonder if we could try talking to them? We won't know the answers until we try"

Step 1: Feed the rat to Bob.

Step 2: Check the flight log for the most recent date. Look up the winning lottery numbers for the jackpot for that date. Write it down a in massive font on a sheet of paper (stored in my idea tube).

Step 3: Wait inside the airplane for the next time warp. Look around and try to see if there are any people on this plane. If there are, look for the person who seems the most responsive.

Step 4: Ask them if they believe time travel is possible. Then tell them the winning lottery numbers and show him the paper. Do my best to persuade them to try for the jackpot. When I come back, check if the lottery winner has changed. If this works, we should have a new name and a face.

Plan B: If they are completely unresponsive, slash that person with my occult knife (try to maim their hands ie. sever some fingers). If that fails, carve the lottery numbers onto a seat cushion right in front of him.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 02:02:33 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3727 on: May 21, 2021, 03:20:28 pm »

"Not really getting any solid leads on finding a new body, not having much hope of finding an industrial robot to use so I'm gonna try something a little different."
Search the interned for any nearby places that had an animatronic band.
[3] There's a "Mr. Frog's Pizza Steamboat" in town...but its pretty far north. Past the Smiles territory.

Search the plane for big snack. that faceless guy probably had one on him, so start looking back where he was.

Bob's fine with a competent teammate examining spiderbot's records. Bob knows which are competent at tech and which are not. Non competents will get eaten if they try anything.
Bob will accept the rat and kelp (preferably in ratkelp sandwich form) and not fuss too much when people board the plane and start examining him.

[4] By some kind of sheer stupid and insane luck Bob just happens to find a whole, only slightly rotten, racoon in the back of the plane. He happily snacks on it, and rats and kelp, while other members of the team look him and his robo-pal over.

Did the boxes inside and outside the airport respond differently to the event?

If it seems like the box with samples (or just the samples inside) could successfully be taken without them disappearing during the next event, take them. Also take the crates with those computer parts.

Give Bob a scan to see if he's now radioactive or anomalous or something. Also wave the anomaly watch over him a few times. Use some of the kelp to distract him so he doesn't waddle around while we examine him.

Question, was spiderbot with Bob at the time of the event? If yes, does spiderbot keep any sort of logs or video storage? If yes again, could we tap into that to see what was going on inside the plane? If yes, motion to Bob in a "may I?" way, and if no angry chomping forthcoming, download the spiderbot's data to my computing cube and take a look. 

1. Most in the airport returned to their spots, but not all.  All those outside the airport did not move.

2. Yagyu, with help from others, loads the EdPC up with the boxes.

3. Quick sweeps and examinations do not reveal anything particularly odd about Bob. He's no more or less radioactive or anomalous than he used to be. He seems to have come out of the experience unscathed.

4. Yes. Yes, he has a camera which records. Yes a third time. [5] We may now assume Yagyu has full video recordings of the event and as such tells everyone else what he saw.

Collect my trash loot and help load crates.
Ji gathers her "Treasures" and helps load the crates.

Ok. Let me repharase everything in a way that isn't meta.

"Seeing that it seems like living animals can enter the anomaly without dying, lets now try an experiment to see if it's possible to actually change the past. I volunteer myself for the position.

I assume this flight has an entry in the log. Probably the most recent one. Can someone check it for me? There were probably some people on the plane. I wonder if we could try talking to them? We won't know the answers until we try"

Step 1: Feed the rat to Bob.

Step 2: Check the flight log for the most recent date. Look up the winning lottery numbers for the jackpot for that date. Write it down a in massive font on a sheet of paper (stored in my idea tube).

Step 3: Wait inside the airplane for the next time warp. Look around and try to see if there are any people on this plane. If there are, look for the person who seems the most responsive.

Step 4: Ask them if they believe time travel is possible. Then tell them the winning lottery numbers and show him the paper. Do my best to persuade them to try for the jackpot. When I come back, check if the lottery winner has changed. If this works, we should have a new name and a face.

Plan B: If they are completely unresponsive, slash that person with my occult knife (try to maim their hands ie. sever some fingers). If that fails, carve the lottery numbers onto a seat cushion right in front of him.

1. Thats easy.
2. The computer is broken again it seems, but old data that Yagyu found places the last date a few weeks before the disaster. You search winning lotteries aroudn that time and write down the numbers.
3. We'll have to wait on this since its gonna be a bit till the next loop. However, if everyone is willing to time skip till then, we'll do it.

Wonderful!  I don't plan to make any more swaps, so that's fine.

Have the helpful rat ghost lead Wil to the sewers.  The fleshorror can follow, at their discretion.

"Okie dokie, let's get this sewer bread!"

Follow Will along into the stink zone

The rat leads them north, away from the hospital and the river. Eventually it leads them to a drainage ditch which leads to a grate covered tunnel. The tunnel is only about 5 feet tall; large enough for a person to walk through while hunched over but too small for Wilfred's giant metal ass to get trough...except maybe on his stomach.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: May 21, 2021, 03:33:45 pm »

"Well I think this is my cue, just keep watch so no one throws a grenade at this thing while inside it. Or maybe try using your ghost powers to lose 50 pounds or something,"

Slither and sneak through the tunnel and into the unknown

« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 05:52:15 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3729 on: May 21, 2021, 04:15:11 pm »

"Hey, hey!  You can't go in alone!  I need to get a physical connection to the hospital.  Here, take this."

Wilfred will give SAM his hacked corpo observation drone.  Considering it normally transmits a video feed outside of the entire zone, I expect Wilfred will be able to connect to it from outside the tunnels.

Otherwise, rip a hole in the grating if necessary for SAM/the drone to fit inside, then guard the entrance for a bit while they head in.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: May 21, 2021, 05:51:30 pm »

"Oh yeah, nice catch!"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3731 on: May 21, 2021, 10:17:50 pm »

Allow Bobself to be herded off to the next location.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: May 22, 2021, 03:58:47 am »

"Well when it comes to getting me a new body I found that there are places in Ann Arbor with robots but I can't find any addresses, when I failed to be able to get the addressees I started looking at something else and I found an animatronic band in place called Mr. Frog's Pizza Steamboat and while I did manage to find an address for it, but it appears to be far off to the north past those smiles people's shit.
Sit quietly in the truck, since there isn't anything else for me to do.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: May 23, 2021, 04:38:19 pm »

Any buildings or areas of interest we didn't check yet? If yes check them.

If not wait for the next anomalous event inside the plane (assuming Yagyu fits with this body). Try to get close to our mystery person of interest and record his conversations and try to learn who he is, or at least some identifying info.

Let teammates test tings out as they please, but do try to stop them from attacking any ghosts though if Yagyu spots it in time. 

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: May 23, 2021, 05:38:03 pm »

You said there were private hangars here, right? Try to find some private planes/hangars, or barring that, a passenger luggage/lost and found area and search for valuables that might have been left in any of those areas.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 334