Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482666 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Special Delivery
« Reply #3555 on: April 06, 2021, 07:23:36 am »

((Um, what happened to the ball of light? Last time I saw it, it broke the limbs off some trees before we cut to the glider arriving. Where is it, what's its apparent trajectory? Have any of you guys tried scanning it with a watch?))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: April 06, 2021, 11:44:37 am »

Last thing Al seems to recall was sitting in a bar but for some reason (Alcohol) he finds himself sitting on pavement but shrugs. Probably just stumbled out in his drunken stupor.

Wander of and look for something to do.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: The Shocker
« Reply #3557 on: April 06, 2021, 04:30:49 pm »

Clearly, this sandpit isn't deep enough, dig a foxhole and make a Berm towards the doomball-side out of the excess sand.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3558 on: April 06, 2021, 05:27:28 pm »

((Um, what happened to the ball of light? Last time I saw it, it broke the limbs off some trees before we cut to the glider arriving. Where is it, what's its apparent trajectory? Have any of you guys tried scanning it with a watch?))
Its still moving down the road. About half a block away or so, maybe a bit less. Its not exactly ballistic in speed so I think most people are just walking around it and avoiding debris. Or at least thats their plan~

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3559 on: April 06, 2021, 11:00:34 pm »

Meh.  I've got little to trade, and rolls are failing, so skim back towards the rest of the team and the loot drop.  Maybe Wil can snag something neat.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3560 on: April 07, 2021, 10:18:31 am »

”Excellent running, lad! We’ll make it there in no time at this rate!”

Continue our afternoon run to the Bizarre. Take the direct route if possible, but avoid any hazards that might present themselves to us.

Spoiler: EEEDD (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Congregation of ED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Things done (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: April 07, 2021, 01:07:03 pm »

Since nobody objected, tell the guide we’ll hire him.

Check where the orb is going, can we maybe divert its path? Or is it just cutting an unobstructed path of destruction?

Go check out the container that dropped.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: April 07, 2021, 02:10:09 pm »

"Don't hire the guy just yet. I want a 100% cut on this one!"

Search one of the old houses for a large cloth. Could be tarp, could be a tablecloth, could be blanket, maybe an old curtain?

Regardless, once I acquire my fan, run in front of the ball and start flapping wind at it to try to slow it down. Make sure to step out of the way occasionally whenever the ball gets close. Keep doing this until the ball comes to a standstill. I'm basically doing the opposite of curling.

"EDPC Can you help me with this? I wouldn't mind if you guys could grab some fans as well."

If EDPC agrees to help, have him pick me up and drive me to the ball. I'll get out when I'm in front of the ball, and get in when the ball passes me and I need the vehicle to get ahead of it again.

If the ball doesn't seem to be slowing down after a lot of effort-
Screw it! We're doing it regardless!

Throw the cloth at it like one would throw a net. The goal is for the cloth to wrap around and cover the suction ball completely.

EDIT: Observe the cloth ball for few seconds, then shoot a couple of pistol bullets at the thing with the intent of hitting the ball directly, unless the cloth immobilizes or significantly impedes its movement or suction. Based on the data of this experiment, make a guess at the answers to the following questions:

1. Is the glowing ball tangible? Or does matter pass through it?

2. Is this a lootable artifact or just an anomaly? To put it another way, is this thing closer to a vacuum or a hurricane?

3. Does it display any sign of intelligence?

4. Does its path seem predetermined, or is there a way to influence it? Besides rising and falling as the height of the ground changes, have there been any deviations in its horizontal trajectory so far? Any curves or has it been a straight line throughout?

5. Is this the famous unstoppable force?

6. Does the anomaly radiate any heat? Is there any sign that it is electrical in nature?

7. How long has this thing been around and how long will it last? Is it conceivable that this thing can be neutralized (ie. killed)?

Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 05:59:50 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Clouds like raw meat
« Reply #3563 on: April 07, 2021, 04:22:53 pm »

Lounge safely within the EdPC. Watch as the new culty guy tries to fan the orb. Film the result. For science.
Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: April 08, 2021, 01:02:48 pm »

"EDPC Can you help me with this? I wouldn't mind if you guys could grab some fans as well."

"Absolutely not. If you wanna fuck around with some weird anomaly, you'll do it on foot."

Make sure the EdPC stays out of the path of the big weird anomaly ball.
Assuming I know it, relay the location of the container to my teammates. If most of the team enters the EdPC and the container dropped within comms distance of our current location (in case anyone decides to stay behind), move to where the container landed

Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: April 08, 2021, 03:14:56 pm »

"Absolutely not. If you wanna fuck around with some weird anomaly, you'll do it on foot."

It’s not big, it’s the size of a golf ball and it moves at a jogger’s pace. You guys are overestimating the threat this thing poses. And you don’t have to get in its path. You just have to drive me ahead and drop me off repeatedly. You can park to the side of it as far away as you feel is safe, just as long as I am ahead of it.

Although...

Hold my action until @Piecewise answers this question:

I know the anomaly itself is the size of a golf ball, but how big does its suction radius seem to be? This is a very important question. The answer to this may completely change my action.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 05:56:28 pm by heydude6 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3566 on: April 08, 2021, 04:04:54 pm »

It’s not big, it’s the size of a golf ball and it moves at a jogger’s pace. You guys are overestimating the threat this thing poses. And you don’t have to get in its path. You just have to drive me ahead and drop me off repeatedly. You can park to the side of it as far away as you feel is safe, just as long as I am ahead of it.

Although...

Hold my action until @Piecewise answers this question:

I know the anomaly itself is the size of a golf ball, but how big does its suction radius seem to be? This is a very important question. The answer to this may completely change my action.
Spoiler: Baldwin (click to show/hide)
6 foot radius, 12 foot diameter, center hovering about 6 feet above the ground.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3567 on: April 08, 2021, 04:05:31 pm »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: April 08, 2021, 05:34:11 pm »

Thanks. That's too big. Revising my previous action.

EDIT: Revision done
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 05:56:58 pm by heydude6 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3569 on: April 09, 2021, 08:17:46 pm »

TEAM BOOTY CHASERS
Head over to where the cargo should be based on the trajectory of decent. If I get there, look around to see who else might be interested.
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
[3]
Ji is aware that something...large and on fire...has just flown past overhead and is about now smashing into the suburbs a mile or two away. She is aware that it was probably the gilder everyone was talking about and that it was supposed to drop something. It appears not to have dropped it here...but no one has told her where it fell instead. And she can't work out mentally where it would have fallen, at least not for the moment.

So she stays with One of the big robots, hoping they'll lead her in the right direction. She follows Pathos back to the EdPC.

"If there's nothing else you want to do, I suggest we head towards the Bizarre."

Scan the area with my drones, search for where the cargo landed. If found, relay location to team.
See if there are any people willing to pay us in exchange for a ride out of the anomaly's way and to the Bizarre.
If we can make money as an armored taxi, why not?
Make sure our ride is out of the way of the anomaly. Preferably move it towards the fallen container so that those looting can get back in quickly. If that's not possible, then move it towards the Bizarre instead.

[4]
Pathos sends his drones out, spreading them into the sky above him. He looks for the location of the fallen cargo, and though he cannot locate it exactly, he is able to track the path of the Glider via thermal imaging. He relays this information to everyone else, marking on the map a fuzzy line indicating the course of the glider in the moments before its destruction.

Most people are already running away on their own power so establishing a paid taxi service seems unlikely. As such Pathos follows suit and skirts his way around the anamoly and back to the EdPC, with designs on driving it over to the fallen container.

Ah drat, no one died, oh well go check out the cargo.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sam, already in the EdPC, just stays there and waits for it to head off towards the sky treasure.

Last thing Al seems to recall was sitting in a bar but for some reason (Alcohol) he finds himself sitting on pavement but shrugs. Probably just stumbled out in his drunken stupor.

Wander of and look for something to do.
Al either walks or is dragged, he's not sure, back to the EdPC as people mutter something about treasure and comets.

Meh.  I've got little to trade, and rolls are failing, so skim back towards the rest of the team and the loot drop.  Maybe Wil can snag something neat.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Wilfred makes his way back and notices the EdPC is leaving. He follows it.

Since nobody objected, tell the guide we’ll hire him.

Check where the orb is going, can we maybe divert its path? Or is it just cutting an unobstructed path of destruction?

Go check out the container that dropped.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu hires the guide and the two of them follow most of the team back to the EdPC and off towards the container.

Lounge safely within the EdPC. Watch as the new culty guy tries to fan the orb. Film the result. For science.
Edward yells as the EdPC drives away from his newest viral video chance.

"HOW AM I GOING TO GET FAMOUS IF YOU KEEP DRIVING AWAY FROM THE MARKETABLE DISMEMBERMENT!"

Assuming I know it, relay the location of the container to my teammates. If most of the team enters the EdPC and the container dropped within comms distance of our current location (in case anyone decides to stay behind), move to where the container landed

Spoiler: EdPC (click to show/hide)

"What the hell was that."
Get my shotgun ready and carefully approach the house at the Cul-De-Sac and see what hit it.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)

Burt whips out his shotgun and heads towards the crash scene, jogging  with his head on a swivel. He fully expects to be jumped at any moment and tries his best to weave between abandoned cars and overgrown hedges.  He's just reaching the opening of the Cul-De-Sac when the EdPC rumbles up behind him, loudly smashing cars and debris out of its way.

The contain isn't your ordinary square steel cargo box, its more like a capsule. Its an elongated oval shape, painted purple, with a large emblem printed across its surface a dozen times so its visible from all angles. It has a clear seam running down its center, like a giant plastic Easter egg. It appears to have hit one of the homes on the far end of the Cul-De-Sac like a bullet, punching straight through and grinding to a stop only after carving a rut halfway down the length of the road leaving a trail of wreckage in its wake.

Burt moves in first, as the rest of the group slowly disembarks from the EdPC. He makes it all the way over to the container and, after a few cautious pokes, places a hand on it. He walks around its circumference, finger tips trailing across the surface, looking for a way to open it. He finds none. He's walking back towards the group to tell them of his lack of discoveries when the capsule shutters and begins to separate; each side rotating in a different direction as they unscrew themselves from each other. After a few more seconds they separate with a final explosive lurch that throws the two metal halves 10 feet in either direction.  Left in the center is the threaded tube they were held on, which contains the goods. The goods, as it turns out, Is a large rectangular container completely wrapped in black plastic,  Its contents unknown.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 334