Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482551 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: WISE FROWM YOR GWAVE
« Reply #3210 on: February 08, 2021, 02:58:59 pm »

Radiate a non-threatening and not very competent or useful aura, so the Expendaclone hopefully considers me a very low priority target.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: A sticky situation.
« Reply #3211 on: February 09, 2021, 02:15:40 am »

Ayup, I figured turning the vacuum hose on was contingent on having the incinerator on too. But hey, no harm done to me by myself. Anyhow:

Wave my arc welder around to prevent anyone from getting close to me, which seems to be the goal of the mind controlled folks. If the floor ends up covered in water and we still have hostiles (ie someone hasn’t given the all-clear over the earpieces) then electrocute the water after giving a warning via said earpieces. Or just shouting.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Present Lottery
« Reply #3212 on: February 09, 2021, 02:22:32 pm »

((Sorry, missed a turn))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Head towards Yagyu and try helping him out of the foam
((The sound to text would mention the foam splurting I assume))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3213 on: February 09, 2021, 06:35:00 pm »

"FUCK DERP, AND FUCK DERPLINGS!"

Summon ghosts to eat Expendaclone's gun.  And maybe legs too.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: 0.2 FPS
Smell: Disabled.
Hearing: Disabled; speech to text enabled.
Taste: Disabled.
Touch: Disabled.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3214 on: February 11, 2021, 03:54:51 pm »

Believe in the heart of the cards, at this point I'm just waiting for y'all to do something.

>After putting the magazines into my armor's pouches (which is an action with no uncertainty meaning a roll would be wasteful), go figure out what the fuck is going on now.

(60 minutes)
Free my hands and shoot Expendaclone.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
[2]
Jibot struggles valiantly against the forces of foam, jerking and twisting, bracing herself with her feet and yanking, and bashing her metal head against it. The foam holds firm.

"DAMN YOU, STRANGELY EFFECTIVE FOAM! I SURE HOPE NO ONE EVER USES THIS AGAINST US IN THE FUTURE!"

Now that I'm somewhere safe check myself over and see if I have any unknown injuries, then if I'm fine go find were the guns are kept.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
Burt, at very low FPS, checks himself over. Mostly via patting himself down and feeling for anything sticking out or stabbing in. He finds nothing other than some bruises and so scrambles about on his hands  and knees, like a demented gecko, in search of guns.
[4]
He finds a desk in the control room and immediately ransacks it, tearing open the drawers. Within he finds
1. d4 Personal Sidearm
2. d6 Security rifle
3. d8 (Close) Sawn off Shotgun (d4 use die)
4. d6 Cold Steel "Battle Ready" katana (d6 use die)
5. 1 extra magazine for the side arm, 1 extra magazine for the sec rifle, and a box of shells for the shotgun (d6 use die).

He rolls in this pile of goodies like a dragon in its treasure horde.

Radiate a non-threatening and not very competent or useful aura, so the Expendaclone hopefully considers me a very low priority target.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
"My favorite hobbies are stamp collecting and eating the paste off my stamp collection! I like long walks through the junkyard and watching paint dry! I am both incredibly boring and staggeringly useless. IGNORE ME!"

Edward shouts has loud as he can for the enemies to not notice him.  He really hopes they notice it so they know not to notice him.

Ayup, I figured turning the vacuum hose on was contingent on having the incinerator on too. But hey, no harm done to me by myself. Anyhow:

Wave my arc welder around to prevent anyone from getting close to me, which seems to be the goal of the mind controlled folks. If the floor ends up covered in water and we still have hostiles (ie someone hasn’t given the all-clear over the earpieces) then electrocute the water after giving a warning via said earpieces. Or just shouting.

EEED lights up his arc welder and waves it back and forth in front of him like an old timey torch, as though attempting to fend off some kind of large animal or perhaps a reanimated corpse. He shouts about how ED is the greatest pitchfork and anyone who pays attention to him is reasonably confused.

Now that there's no one competent free to prevent it, flood Sector A like I flooded sector B, and set the temperature to balmy. also try to find as much murk and algae as possible to fill the flood with swampy goodness. Not trying to drown anyone in particular, just looking for a good, smelly, sludgy, humid, sticky, pond/river to glomp around in.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)
[4]
Bob slams the control panel with his tail again and the sprinkler system activates. He proceeds to look extremely smug for an alligator. This is quite difficult because alligators have much of their facial structures literally fused to their skull so expressions of any kind are not their forte. But Bob somehow radiates an aura of smug as well as any anime girl. His mouth might as well resemble a "3". Cheeky bastard.

((Normally I'd wonder why the action that was first went last instead instead of the normal posting order, or how there was no speed roll, or how getting up, running over and injecting someone is faster than re-aiming and pulling a trigger. But I guess the answer is simply 'because shenanigans', and who am I to question the power of shenanigans?))

Aim the spray of goop at the people who are currently still under mind control, with the goal of hitting their arms so they can't properly shoot anything anymore.

If that doesn't work then ask command to activate the electrical behavior modification implant on expenda to shock them into submission.

Then extricate my feet and go do that mouth gag+bag over head plan. As before make sure to check for unobstructed breathing.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
I can hear you in those Parenthesis you know. Listen, the general order is
1. Dumb stuff
2. Individual actions that probably won't effect other people.
3. Dumb stuff that MIGHT effect other people.
4. Actually useful actions
5. Actions that will probably kill everyone.

The speed rolls only really happen when you're in direct competition or someone else's actions might ruin yours or yours might prevent big problems, etc.  Also if you went first no one else would have anything to do, smarty pants.  I'm paid by the shenanigan here.

Ha, joking. I'm not paid. He barely even feeds me. Anyway.

[1] Yagyu attempts to use the wild spray of foam to his advantage and unfortunately ends up effectively encasing...himself in goo. Balls!
[2] Encased and with nothing better to do, Yagyu attempts to hack into Expenda's shock implant and knock him out. Unfortunately he gets stymied by a password screen and gives up when it turns out not to be "12345" or "Password".

((Sorry, missed a turn))

Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Head towards Yagyu and try helping him out of the foam
((The sound to text would mention the foam splurting I assume))
[3] Tara starts smashing the goo with the back end of her own foam gun. She cracks some of it away but mostly just free's Yagyu's toes.

"FUCK DERP, AND FUCK DERPLINGS!"

Summon ghosts to eat Expendaclone's gun.  And maybe legs too.

[12v2]
Wilfred's long periods of swearing and sustained homicidal rage appear to have reduced his capacity for fine control. Because when the ghost comes in its completely visible. Not transparent, not a vague outline, a completely visible gigantic canine maw slides silently through one wall, opens up a few dozen strobing pastel rainbow eyes, and chomps down on Expenda2 with a sound like a thunder clap.  It then recedes back into the wall, leaving nothing but a pair of feet and bleeding leg stumps behind.

Sam fires another round at...someone. She misses entirely. Good thing she's bad at this.

EEED looks down. The water from the sprinklers is not quite deep enough to stick the arc welder into...but it will be in 30 seconds or so.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: February 11, 2021, 04:28:52 pm »

WAIT
Spoiler: WAIT (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3216 on: February 11, 2021, 05:35:33 pm »

"WHO ELSE NEEDS TO BE EATEN?!  FUCK DERP!  WHERE IS DERP?!  FUCK DERP!  GHOSTS WILL EAT HIS FACE!  FUCK DERP!"

If Sam is obviously mind controlled, summon ghosts to eat her gun.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: February 11, 2021, 09:07:40 pm »

”Somebody who’s still got tranquilizers, jab Sam!”
Try again to free myself. Get over to Sam and knock her ass out. If that succeeds, bind her with zip ties.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: February 12, 2021, 07:05:46 am »

"I've found the gun room!"
Equip my new shotgun as primary and find a corner to hide in and if anyone comes into this corner that isn't on my team shoot them in the face.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: February 12, 2021, 12:39:12 pm »

>Get distracted and start going on a quest to obtain ~37000 meters of electrical cables, ~30000 cubic meters of stone, and 20736 cubic meters of wood, and bring it all to the middle of nowhere. It'll make sense later.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 12:41:52 pm by 0cra_tr0per »
it's over

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: February 12, 2021, 01:49:35 pm »

I can hear you in those Parenthesis you know. Listen, the general order is [...]
((Duly noted! I'll make a sizable donation to the shenanigans fund in the near future.))

((Aww I'm sorry. Do you... do you want me to make you a sandwich?))

I want to break free.
I want to breaaaak free!
I want to break free from your lies
You're so self satisfied I don't need glueeee.
I've got to break free
God knows, God knows I want to break free.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: February 12, 2021, 01:49:49 pm »

EEED considers his situation. It seems semi-likely that his teammates will prove competent enough to subdue their mind-controlled counterparts soon enough, but still possible that there could be ... complications.

The allure of the arc scraper in his hand calls out to the water.

Attempt to get confirmation from friendlies if all the non-friendly folk have been subdued. If they haven’t been by the time the water rises... zappity zap zap!

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3222 on: February 12, 2021, 03:57:38 pm »

WAIT
Spoiler: WAIT (click to show/hide)

>Get distracted and start going on a quest to obtain ~37000 meters of electrical cables, ~30000 cubic meters of stone, and 20736 cubic meters of wood, and bring it all to the middle of nowhere. It'll make sense later.

[1]
A third expendaclone falls down out of a vent in the ceiling and stands up. He looks around for some electrical cables, stone, and wood and instead spies a man trapped in some goo, pinned against the wall.

”Somebody who’s still got tranquilizers, jab Sam!”
Try again to free myself. Get over to Sam and knock her ass out. If that succeeds, bind her with zip ties.
[5] With a mighty headbutt Ji manages to free her hands from the hardened foam.
[3] Ji runs and tackles Sam but only gets Sam by the legs, failing to knock her over or restrain her.

"I've found the gun room!"
Equip my new shotgun as primary and find a corner to hide in and if anyone comes into this corner that isn't on my team shoot them in the face.
Burt uses his new shotgun to do what shotguns do best....hide in the corner and not shoot anyone.

Its not even a joke. Think about it. What do guns spend most of their time doing? Not shooting anyone. By a large margin.

This is the sort of thing I have time to think about while chained up down here.

I can hear you in those Parenthesis you know. Listen, the general order is [...]
((Duly noted! I'll make a sizable donation to the shenanigans fund in the near future.))

((Aww I'm sorry. Do you... do you want me to make you a sandwich?))

I want to break free.
I want to breaaaak free!
I want to break free from your lies
You're so self satisfied I don't need glueeee.
I've got to break free
God knows, God knows I want to break free.

Yeah a BLTMF would be great. Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Metal file.  On wheat bread. Trying to watch my figure. HA HA HA.

[4] Yagyu breaks free of his foam cocoon like a beautiful butterfly! Well, A butterfly.

Maybe a sick moth.

"WHO ELSE NEEDS TO BE EATEN?!  FUCK DERP!  WHERE IS DERP?!  FUCK DERP!  GHOSTS WILL EAT HIS FACE!  FUCK DERP!"

If Sam is obviously mind controlled, summon ghosts to eat her gun.

[5]

Wilfred points an accusatory finger at Sam and screeches like a banshee.  A geyser of semi-visible and grossly elongated human-like limbs erupts from the ground under Sam and Ji. Both of them vanish into a blurry mass beneath the overlapping ghostly limbs, but the gun Sam was holding is carried up on the geyser. It clangs against the roof, grinds there as the limbs continue moving upwards, before squirting out between them and flying violently across the room. It slams into the half cut vault door and clatters to the ground.

EEED considers his situation. It seems semi-likely that his teammates will prove competent enough to subdue their mind-controlled counterparts soon enough, but still possible that there could be ... complications.

The allure of the arc scraper in his hand calls out to the water.

Attempt to get confirmation from friendlies if all the non-friendly folk have been subdued. If they haven’t been by the time the water rises... zappity zap zap!

EEED would probably like to say he surveyed the situation and took the following actions after careful consideration. He would like to say that it was the only thing that made sense at the time. That it was a considerable, but tactical, risk he took.

These things would be lies. Because his focus is entirely centered on the arc scraper, the water pooling around his ankles, and the l'appel du vide.  And the fact that no one has told him not to plunge the arc scrapper into the water. His eyes, were they not covered, would be reflecting the light of that arc scraper with manic intensity.

[1]

"ED WILLS IT!"

The arc scraper only sits in the water for maybe a second before it automatically shuts off. That is enough to do the following.

Sam: Stunned. Woozy. Smoldering a bit.

Ji: Somehow unaffected.

Eeed: Stunned. Smoldering. Grinning widely and feeling very self righteous.

Yagyu: Technically uninjured, but the shock has fried circuits in his lower body. He's completely rigid from the waist down. And not in the fun way.

Expenda: Unhappy, but still on his feet.

Burt: Not sitting in the water. Fine.

Wilfred: Zapped straight into unconsciousness  and floating on his back in the water. Looks far more peaceful than he has in a long time.

Tara: Fine. Somehow. Mostly just confused as to what is going on.

Pathos: Spider body sensed the shock and shut down to protect itself. Conscious technically but totally paralyzed waiting for reboot.

Edward: Fine. Better than fine somehow. More awake. More ready. Peppy.

Bob: Floating like a log, questionably awake. Probably grumpy about his swamp being misused in this way.

Expenda 03 fires at Ji. [1] He misses and the ricochet comes back and catches him flat on the forehead. Doesn't kill him thanks to the riot gear but it knocks him flat on his ass.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: The Shocker
« Reply #3223 on: February 12, 2021, 04:15:56 pm »

I AM GET KNOCKED DOWN, BUT I GET UP AGAIN~

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: The Shocker
« Reply #3224 on: February 12, 2021, 04:32:55 pm »

>Contract murderhoboitis and go on a genocide crusade and shoot everyone I see.
it's over
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 334