Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482537 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: WISE FROWM YOR GWAVE
« Reply #3195 on: February 04, 2021, 04:19:34 pm »

"Someone cover him with a coat or something so we can exit low FPS mode."

Take note of which tag is the target.
Look around and tell others about people who seem to be acting weirdly so they can be dealt with.
If target is covered in a manner that would prevent others from being mind controlled by seeing him, exit low FPS mode.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Is it a war crime if you do it accidently?
« Reply #3196 on: February 04, 2021, 05:45:37 pm »

((Really, Wilfred would just start summoning ghosts regardless, but it seems like we might actually just win this now, so... trying not to fail the mission for the sake of in-character emotions and morality.))[/quote]
((Just cut off his nose and ears. that might stop The EffectTM without killing him and while maintaining some semblance of IC consistency. I don't know that it will stop The EffectTM, but do it For Science!TM))

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: February 04, 2021, 05:54:15 pm »

((Have the gosts eat his leggies.))

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: February 04, 2021, 06:30:26 pm »

((Are we sure the effect doesn’t work on ghosts?))
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: February 05, 2021, 02:17:02 am »

((I'm sure we'll be fine if it does, what's the worst that can happen the ghosts eat our ghost while they're still inside us.))
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: February 05, 2021, 10:10:32 pm »

”Oh, this is totally gonna mess up my chakras! That hurt, man!”

Fine, Automop’s not gonna work right now. Activate my incinerator instead - use maximum suction and try to get whoever’s bugging me stuck on the vacuum hose. Hopefully don’t accidentally activate the flame spray mechanism.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: February 06, 2021, 01:49:39 pm »

((incinerator isn't a vacuum cleaner. it's more like a portable wood chipper. You gotta manually feed shit into it.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3202 on: February 06, 2021, 09:00:09 pm »

UNLOCK CHAKRAS, AWAKEN THIRD EYE, USE THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP, REMEMBER WHAT YOU LEARNED IN BOATING SCHOOL IDK JUST TRY TO BREAK FREE OF MIND WHAMMY BY DOING SOMETHING
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
>After putting the magazines into my armor's pouches (which is an action with no uncertainty meaning a roll would be wasteful), go figure out what the fuck is going on now.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

continue cowering in the corner
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
Cower intensifies

"Ow!"

Scramble backwards to hide behind a nearby laundry cart or expendaclone corpse or other convenient piece of cover.

Spoiler: Edward (click to show/hide)
Edward scrambles and hides behind Expendaclone's corpse, holding it in front of him as a shield.

”Oh, this is totally gonna mess up my chakras! That hurt, man!”

Fine, Automop’s not gonna work right now. Activate my incinerator instead - use maximum suction and try to get whoever’s bugging me stuck on the vacuum hose. Hopefully don’t accidentally activate the flame spray mechanism.

Spoiler: EEED (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: STANpool (click to show/hide)
[4]
EEED activates the incinerator. The incinerator which does have a vacuum tube. It clearly does, it says so right here.
Quote from: The OP
OMNITECH Incinerator
A backpack portable, high temperature, thermonuclear incinerator.  Burns up almost any organic material and many inorganic ones, depositing the resulting tightly compressed ash blocks on the ground like smoldering rabbit droppings.  Has both a large hatch for loading in bulky waste and a vacuum hose for sucking up small debris. Can also be set to spray flame, though doing so is technically against regulations and highly dangerous. Has "SANITATION" stenciled on one side of the main body.
[2]
EEED flails the light suction of the vacuum about in a furious and underwhelming display...doing nothing.

"Fuck Derp!  Where is Derp?  Fuck Derp!  Fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp, fuck Derp!"

Use neuron reconfiguration helmet to swap Guns with Occult.  If told where Derp is, and not told that Derp is safely restrained, call ghosts to come eat Derp.

((Really, Wilfred would just start summoning ghosts regardless, but it seems like we might actually just win this now, so... trying not to fail the mission for the sake of in-character emotions and morality.))

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: 0.2 FPS
Smell: Disabled.
Hearing: Disabled; speech to text enabled.
Taste: Disabled.
Touch: Disabled.
Wilfred presses a button on his helmet and has a short seizure as the helmet completely rewrites his brain. Or programming in this case. When he comes to he suddenly knows very little about the weapons he's  holding and a hell of a lot about tarot cards, crystals, and the transdimensional entities which hide just a few vibrational spectra from the mundane world.

"Oh fuck, what'd I just run into, hope I didn't break any ribs."
Continue rolling until I'm far from the action then figure out where I've ended up.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
Burt, who is somehow still alive, rolls all the way back until he hits a wall. Through process of elimination he's pretty sure he's in the main control room, probably against one of the back walls.

Alright now, he should be still, no? Get to him and inject him with the syringe. Proceed to tie him up with zip ties.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
Ji, sensing this is her chance, charges over to the last image of Mr. Friend, grabs blindly until he gets hold of something he's pretty sure is flesh, and then jams the needle into it. [4, 5v3] several bullets hit him in the back and either ricochet off or just impact and drop to the ground.

Goop friendo again! Goop him from the feet up to his shoulders but be very careful NOT to goop his head, so as to not block his breathing.

If that works and he is restrained, then gag him so he can't speak (maybe with the blindfold Burt had) and put a bag of sorts over his head so nobody can see him anymore (maybe with one of the jumpsuits lying around?). The idea here is to make it so nobody can perceive him anymore even if they don't have sensory deprivation.

Should his mouth/face become blocked at some point that prevents him from breathing and threatens asphyxiation, remove the blockage but without freeing his arms or legs.

Edit 1: also tell spiderfriend which tag belongs to friendo.
Edit 2: also tell the team that friendo is caught in goop and we are restraining them further.
Note: edits made in response to other people's suggestions, and while they make sense in the context and for Yagyu I'm not sure if it's not too meta to take them, so exercise your judgement if you want to allow them.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
"Someone cover him with a coat or something so we can exit low FPS mode."

Take note of which tag is the target.
Look around and tell others about people who seem to be acting weirdly so they can be dealt with.
If target is covered in a manner that would prevent others from being mind controlled by seeing him, exit low FPS mode.

[4] Yagyu manages to hit the restrained and now unconcious MR. Friend with a blast of goo. He unfortunately also hits Ji, pinning the robolady's hands in place where they're holding mr.friend. But the target has been successfully knocked out, cocooned, and pinned to the wall.  All's well that ends well...

Oh wait.
[5]
The Expendaclone, still under mind control, whirls and fires at Yagyu. He doesn't hit Yagyu himself...but he does hit the currently equipped ammo tank of Yagyu's foamthrower.
[3,1]
The resulting hole doesn't cause the tank to explode or loose its contents all at once. Instead it sprays out a continuous jet of foam about as thick as a mans wrist. Yagyu isn't quick enough to toss the weapon away or otherwise avoid the spray and ends up stuck to the floor as the tank continues to spray, the gun being whipped around violently by the force of the stream.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Ed, Ed, EED, and another Ed
« Reply #3203 on: February 06, 2021, 09:10:48 pm »

Now that there's no one competent free to prevent it, flood Sector A like I flooded sector B, and set the temperature to balmy. also try to find as much murk and algae as possible to fill the flood with swampy goodness. Not trying to drown anyone in particular, just looking for a good, smelly, sludgy, humid, sticky, pond/river to glomp around in.

Spoiler: Bob (click to show/hide)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: A sticky situation.
« Reply #3204 on: February 06, 2021, 09:38:13 pm »

Believe in the heart of the cards, at this point I'm just waiting for y'all to do something.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: February 07, 2021, 12:13:40 am »

Free my hands and shoot Expendaclone.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: February 07, 2021, 04:52:14 am »

Now that I'm somewhere safe check myself over and see if I have any unknown injuries, then if I'm fine go find were the guns are kept.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: February 07, 2021, 08:10:24 am »

((Normally I'd wonder why the action that was first went last instead instead of the normal posting order, or how there was no speed roll, or how getting up, running over and injecting someone is faster than re-aiming and pulling a trigger. But I guess the answer is simply 'because shenanigans', and who am I to question the power of shenanigans?))

Aim the spray of goop at the people who are currently still under mind control, with the goal of hitting their arms so they can't properly shoot anything anymore.

If that doesn't work then ask command to activate the electrical behavior modification implant on expenda to shock them into submission.

Then extricate my feet and go do that mouth gag+bag over head plan. As before make sure to check for unobstructed breathing.

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: February 07, 2021, 02:49:08 pm »

((Normally I'd wonder why the action that was first went last instead instead of the normal posting order, or how there was no speed roll, or how getting up, running over and injecting someone is faster than re-aiming and pulling a trigger. But I guess the answer is simply 'because shenanigans', and who am I to question the power of shenanigans?))
((you haven't noticed you've been put at the back of the queue pretty regularly throughout this latest couple encounters? You're batting fourth, as the baseball themed saying goes. We don't have a competent janitor, so you're the clean-up crew. Ironic, Mr. GetsGooOnLiterallyEverything, isn't it?))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: February 08, 2021, 03:20:17 am »

((you haven't noticed you've been put at the back of the queue pretty regularly throughout this latest couple encounters? You're batting fourth, as the baseball themed saying goes. We don't have a competent janitor, so you're the clean-up crew. Ironic, Mr. GetsGooOnLiterallyEverything, isn't it?))
((Well up till now it never really mattered, but this time it did! Sticky goop for everyone!))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 334