Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 483485 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Fire Walk With Me
« Reply #2550 on: August 31, 2020, 02:39:32 pm »

Action Edited
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: September 01, 2020, 08:46:19 am »

Follow everyone else to the melted sector door, and see if kicking it helps any.
Spoiler: Dead man walking (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: September 03, 2020, 05:54:37 am »

Fire the gatorgun, if nobody else does.  If that--or anything else--opens the door to the next sector, enter it (mounted atop the guardbot) while firing at whoever is inside.  Shout their names if they're recognized, especially if they're allies, but continue shooting them.

If the door to the next sector doesn't get opened, just look at what weaponry the guardbot has.  Don't touch anything.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And isolation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under an isolation suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And isolation suit.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2553 on: September 03, 2020, 09:47:10 am »

Larry tries to test out his new powers by disappearing the door. Also, he'll check the boxes from afar for any bad juju, keyword: afar, as in as far as he can possibly be and still be able to check them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[10][12]
Larry points at the door, willing it to go away. Instead of the door vanishing as though by magic, the fist and arm of the giant, floating and disembodied, appear just above his head and punch the door. The force is enough to tear the door out of its housing and hurl it into the next section like a cannon ball.

Code: (senses and blocking of them) [Select]
Sight: Blindfold
Smell: Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Hearing:Text to Speech Earplugs, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Taste:Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Touch:Human Flesh Gloves, Isolation Suit, Sensory Deprivation Suit
Roll for regaining consciousness, this will continue until I regain it
[2]
At this point Tara is probably really wishing someone would just wake her up instead of making her try and regain consciousness on her own.

Use my KNOWLEDGE of Omnitech products to see if I can figure out if the boxes are something made the the company, or similar in function. Don't touch or get close to them though. Stand behind Bob.

[5]
Janet combs her encyclopedic memory of every omnitech product. She cannot remember a product to these specifications. At least not one that was ever released. There are also no logos or branding on these things so clearly they're not ready for sale.

Bob does not like this ashy, dry, snackless place. Bob will aim at the exit door and wait for someone to fire him at it, or for snacks. Bob will make angry noises, more the longer we remain in this sector and he remains dry and unfed.
Spoiler: Can We Fix It? (click to show/hide)
Bob sits by the door to the next sector -which is now open- and grumbles noisily about his environment and his lack of refreshments. The grumbling is slowly growing louder.

"You know, as curious as I am about what's in the boxes, I think I'll be leaving them well enough alone for now, and I suggest ya'll do the same."

Start working on getting that door to the next sector open (probably have to cut it open with the torch it seems).

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Fire the gatorgun, if nobody else does.  If that--or anything else--opens the door to the next sector, enter it (mounted atop the guardbot) while firing at whoever is inside.  Shout their names if they're recognized, especially if they're allies, but continue shooting them.

If the door to the next sector doesn't get opened, just look at what weaponry the guardbot has.  Don't touch anything.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Sight: Five-second framerate from isolation suit.  Blindfold readied underneath.
Smell: Nose plugs.  And isolation suit.
Hearing: Pathos' text-to-speech earplugs.  Under an isolation suit.
Taste: Cutting out one's tongue seems like too much.  How are we gonna taste him without touching him, anyway?  Especially when Wil is wearing an isolation suit?
Touch: Riot armor.  And isolation suit.
Follow everyone else to the melted sector door, and see if kicking it helps any.
Stay out of the way unless something needs to be shot.
Spoiler: JiBot (click to show/hide)
With the door so effectively punched open, the group move on to the next sector, H, and find something they sincerely were not expecting: People.  Rather bedraggled and tired looking people pointing rifles and improvised spears at them. Judging by their appearance they're all staff, some scientists, others office workers, even a security agent or two. They seem quite panicked and afraid, not the dead eyed sleep walking bodies that Mr. Friend employees.

"Who are you!" One of the ones pointing a spear at the security robot shouts.  A general murmur of support comes from the crowd.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2554 on: September 03, 2020, 12:24:01 pm »

Gonna shamelessly advertise this here once.

https://piecewise.itch.io/infinite-kowloon

Here is a ruleset I just published. Did a lot of work on it, its the first one I'm really selling as opposed to giving away. If you like my stuff, you might like this.

That is all.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: September 03, 2020, 01:09:49 pm »

"Oh, hello fellow humans, I'm Larry, I'm 35 cycles old, love drinking H2O, and my hobbies include inhaling oxygen and exhaling carbon. How'd you do on this fine evening?"

Larry will stay out of the line of fire of his fellow humans. And if anything goes south he'll call...his new thingie needs a name, it「S TA N D S」 behind him and it's big like the 「W O R L D」and pretty Wicked too, so he'll call it 「W ic k e d W o r l d」, yeah he'll call 「W ic k e d W or l d」 to show them who's boss. Oh, and he'll also wake up Tara via continuous poking with a stick. 

EDIT: Trade the biorazor with Ji for the 135 credits AWAY from the normies. Also put up a mental reminder to crump Ji using「W ic k e d W o r l d」if she doesn't pay up the remaining 40 credits. Also put on the riot suit for extra safety.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 07:14:01 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Hello~
« Reply #2556 on: September 03, 2020, 01:40:11 pm »

Bob will drag Tara over to the feral humans and leave her in their care while he wanders off looking for a bathtub.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: September 03, 2020, 02:01:05 pm »

Congratulations on publishing your game, Piecewise. PM me a few images to share on Imgur if you want a (very) little extra exposure.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: September 03, 2020, 07:47:58 pm »

Stand back and look friendly
(Edit) Trade 135 for Larry’s Razor AWAY from the view of the people

« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 06:25:37 pm by The Lupanian »
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: September 04, 2020, 03:26:08 am »

"Who are you!" One of the ones pointing a spear at the security robot shouts.  A general murmur of support comes from the crowd.
Yell the following at them, but remain in cover for now:

"We are an OMNITECH reclamation team, here to reestablish order and apprehend the anomalous individual that has plunged this sector into chaos. The only thing we want is to lock that asshole back up, we do not bear any ill will to any of you, but we are authorized to use lethal force should you resist or jeopardize our mission!

Please, cooperate peacefully and you can make it out of here. We know our target has mind-altering capabilities so we have to be careful, but if we can keep things calm and controlled there is no reason for anyone to get hurt today. "

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: September 04, 2020, 05:23:35 am »

"Oh god don't shoot me, I'm just an engineer."
Get into cover, try to not get shot.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: September 04, 2020, 08:25:37 am »

"Hello! We are Omnitech customer support. How may we assist you today?"

Stand behind and to the side of Yagyu.

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: September 04, 2020, 10:19:29 am »

Wait for someone to wake me up

Still no senses, still alive
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 11:59:08 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: September 06, 2020, 03:58:07 pm »

Just stick close to Yagyu and be nice and non-threatening

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2564 on: September 07, 2020, 12:04:14 pm »

Yell the following at them, but remain in cover for now:

"We are an OMNITECH reclamation team, here to reestablish order and apprehend the anomalous individual that has plunged this sector into chaos. The only thing we want is to lock that asshole back up, we do not bear any ill will to any of you, but we are authorized to use lethal force should you resist or jeopardize our mission!

Please, cooperate peacefully and you can make it out of here. We know our target has mind-altering capabilities so we have to be careful, but if we can keep things calm and controlled there is no reason for anyone to get hurt today. "

[2]
"Oh, hello fellow humans, I'm Larry, I'm 35 cycles old, love drinking H2O, and my hobbies include inhaling oxygen and exhaling carbon. How'd you do on this fine evening?"

Larry will stay out of the line of fire of his fellow humans. And if anything goes south he'll call...his new thingie needs a name, it「S TA N D S」 behind him and it's big like the 「W O R L D」and pretty Wicked too, so he'll call it 「W ic k e d W o r l d」, yeah he'll call 「W ic k e d W or l d」 to show them who's boss. Oh, and he'll also wake up Tara via continuous poking with a stick. 

EDIT: Trade the biorazor with Ji for the 135 credits AWAY from the normies. Also put up a mental reminder to crump Ji using「W ic k e d W o r l d」if she doesn't pay up the remaining 40 credits. Also put on the riot suit for extra safety.

[3]
Yagyu's demands and explanations fall entirely upon deaf ears. However Larry's admission of enjoying water and oxygen gets to them. Hard to say if it gets to them in a positive way or if they're so utterly taken aback by his extremely odd response that they cannot bring themselves to respond. They lower their weapons and mutter to each other.

Bob will drag Tara over to the feral humans and leave her in their care while he wanders off looking for a bathtub.
[3][4]
Bob, never one to let a bunch of guns and sharp things prevent him from doing what he wants, shoves his way through the group of terrified locals and wanders off in search of a bathtub. He discovers not just a bathtub, but a whole pool! Its thin and long, clearly for swimming laps, but it works!

Stand back and look friendly
(Edit) Trade 135 for Larry’s Razor AWAY from the view of the people

Ji trades weaponry for Omni behind Larry's back. In a literal way, not figuratively.

"Oh god don't shoot me, I'm just an engineer."
Get into cover, try to not get shot.
"Hello! We are Omnitech customer support. How may we assist you today?"

Stand behind and to the side of Yagyu.

Wait for someone to wake me up

Still no senses, still alive
Just stick close to Yagyu and be nice and non-threatening

Spoiler: Richter (click to show/hide)

Everyone else basically just stands around trying to look either non-threatening or difficult to hit. Oh and someone shakes Tara awake again. This seems like a great time for an injured, confused, groggy person to wake up, after all.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 334