Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 484085 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Wet and wild
« Reply #2055 on: April 13, 2020, 02:11:04 pm »

Apply lead to maggot 2: Electric Boogaloo
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: April 13, 2020, 02:14:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Resurface and resume breathing, help Wilfred by foaming the huge demon in front of us

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: April 13, 2020, 06:36:41 pm »

"uh, Pathos, you still got Ji on your omniscience thing? As we may want to grab her soonish."
repair Yagyu and lend Pathos a hand if he needs help to lift up Ji.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: April 13, 2020, 06:45:00 pm »

Keep shooting  big bad demon

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Grongor the Gibulent
« Reply #2059 on: April 14, 2020, 12:02:47 am »

Let's see if I can convince the tooth fairy to be angry about a specific political issue. Hmm. Let's convince him to be angry about the rigidity of constitutionalism and the effect of outdated strictures on an advancing culture.

Go socialize with the demons. They seem energetic.
piecewise recommends placing your character sheet in a spoiler along with your action
((ah, yes. Thank you for Reminding me. Please check my character sheet below. Make sure it's all in order.))

Spoiler: Jon??? (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: April 14, 2020, 07:12:08 am »

Let's see if I can convince the tooth fairy to be angry about a specific political issue. Hmm. Let's convince him to be angry about the rigidity of constitutionalism and the effect of outdated strictures on an advancing culture.

Go socialize with the demons. They seem energetic.
piecewise recommends placing your character sheet in a spoiler along with your action
((ah, yes. Thank you for Reminding me. Please check my character sheet below. Make sure it's all in order.))

Spoiler: Jon??? (click to show/hide)
oh, forgot you were a ghost, my bad

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: April 14, 2020, 07:21:41 am »

"Do we have any idea how many of these things are in here with us?"
Point gun at demons, pull trigger until they're dead.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2062 on: April 14, 2020, 07:36:38 am »

Help RC with electrofishing.
If RC doesn't need help electrofishing, help pull people out of the water.
If RC doesn't need any help electrofishing and if I can't help pull up anybody, try to close any doors that would stall the battering ram snake T-Rex demon (and any other incoming demons) so that our teammates don't get overwhelmed.

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: April 14, 2020, 09:17:24 pm »

Rescue people, fight off demon, just another day on the job.
"it seems that bullets don't work. maybe we need more gun?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: April 15, 2020, 12:36:46 am »

]oh, forgot you were a ghost, my bad
((no worries. I'm an odd duck after all. Nice to have someone reminding people to keep things smooth for the GM.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: April 15, 2020, 08:09:10 am »

"Oh deary me, I'm pretty sure most of this is supposed to stay inside of me."

Try and keep my guts and bodily fluids inside of my body. Focus on not croaking, ceasing to be, kicking the bucket, etc.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 02:44:06 pm by Pancaek »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2066 on: April 16, 2020, 12:35:42 pm »

Help RC with electrofishing.
If RC doesn't need help electrofishing, help pull people out of the water.
If RC doesn't need any help electrofishing and if I can't help pull up anybody, try to close any doors that would stall the battering ram snake T-Rex demon (and any other incoming demons) so that our teammates don't get overwhelmed.

Rescue people, fight off demon, just another day on the job.
"it seems that bullets don't work. maybe we need more gun?"
Resurface and resume breathing, help Wilfred by foaming the huge demon in front of us
[6]
Toby reaches down into the hall with his tentacle and yanks both Tara and Wilfred out of there, despite their incessant squirming.

He opens his aid box and then proceeds to sort of just kneel there next to Richter for several seconds, staring.
"Why don't you take a picture? It'll last longer."

"Do I look like a doctor to you, eh? Well, as a matter of fact, I'm not!"

Shoot demons with goop gun. If teammates evacuate enough for electrofishing not to fookin' kill them, do that instead.

Give medkit to NG should she finally get up here so Richter can get some treatment.

Also:
[21:03] Radio Controlled: Suppose we got them out of the way, and we tried electrofishing, is it likely to just arc up to where we are?
[21:04] Mr. Bones: Nah

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Yagyu drags the heavy duty electrical cable over to the access hatch, shoos Gabe out of the way, and proceeds to dump it straight down into the water. There is a brief flash as the electricity arcs down into the water before the cable even hits, but then things get fairly quiet. There's no huge light show as electricity leaps out across the entire hall. Instead the cable kind of just sits there in the water, bubbling as the water around it boils. The Crocopede demon seizes up and tumbles over backwards into the water, smoking. But the demon at the other end of the hall, the running python ram thing, stops a good 100 feet back. And it stares, apparently eyeless, at the scene. 

Kenneth will help his fellow OMNITECH(TM) coworker's with their Mortally Challenged issue with a nice application of lead. Especially to the big one, Kenneth hates the big ones.
Keep shooting  big bad demon
"Do we have any idea how many of these things are in here with us?"
Point gun at demons, pull trigger until they're dead.
[6, 4, 6]
[2,3,2 v 5,1,6] [2,1,4]
Kenneth, Burt, and Gabe all dangle out of or stick their gun through the access hatch and unleash on the distant demon. Burt completely empty's his magazine, and Burt half empties his [d4 use die now].  Its hard to say exactly who hits it, as the thing is sort of just pelted with a storm of rounds at a great distance. Some hit and it recoils, half running half slithering away and back around the corner.

There are still other demons out there in the level but they don't seem to have found the way here yet. The Ceiling crew has a moment to breathe.

"uh, Pathos, you still got Ji on your omniscience thing? As we may want to grab her soonish."
repair Yagyu and lend Pathos a hand if he needs help to lift up Ji.
Spoiler: character sheet (click to show/hide)
[2]
Anya slaps Yagyu upside the head several times while yelling about how "This damn thing never works when you need it to" and the importance of "percussive maintenance".

Apply lead to maggot 2: Electric Boogaloo
Spoiler: Ji (click to show/hide)

[7][2v4][6]

Meanwhile, back in some nameless office room Ji continues to slam rounds into the maggot. The maggot continues not to be terribly impressed.

[2][6] And then Ji misses.

[1] And then Ji tries to scoot closer to get a better shot and the maggot bites hold of the end of her gun. [6] [4v5] She manages to hold on and isn't even that injured when it proceeds to slam her around the room while she's holding onto the gun.

[5v5][3][2v5][4][3v2][4][1v6][5][4v4][4v6][5][3v3][2][5v6][1]

For what seems like a very long time the maggot just keeps slapping Ji up and down and back and forth against the walls and floor and ceiling while Ji just keeps shooting. She holds the trigger and the rifle disgourges bullets bullets straight down the maggot's throat.  Until finally the rifle runs dry.

Ji attempts to reload while still being bounced around. [1] She drops the first magazine. [2] Fails to get the second one in. [2v1[ Ignores continued bashing and tries again. [4] This time it works.

[5v1][1] FINALLY,  she unloads another burst, using up half the magazine this time [use die to d4]  and blows a hole straight through the maggot's black chitin head.  It still has time to slap her around several more times before apparently realizing its dead and slumping over, pincers still firmly clamped down on the rifle.

(If we had done this in normal time  this would have taken 11 turns.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: April 16, 2020, 12:43:12 pm »

Anya, why are you hurting Yagyu? Remember, he’s part of the team.
Thank you Toby for pulling Wilfred and I out.
Yagyu, good job on killing the giant centipede snake demon in the water. What do we do now to prepare for the others?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: April 16, 2020, 01:07:29 pm »

Anya, why are you hurting Yagyu? Remember, he’s part of the team.
Thank you Toby for pulling Wilfred and I out.
Yagyu, good job on killing the giant centipede snake demon in the water. What do we do now to prepare for the others?

"First of all I need you to take a look at Richter over there before he finishes bleeding out. Use Elen's medkit, that'll help.

Second of all, STOP HITTING ME ANYA I MEAN SERIOUSLY. I appreciate you're trying to help, but please lady, be more careful with the ol' merchandise here."

Tie myself to a nearby piece of ceiling so I can't slip and tumble into the water. Then pull the cable out of the water for now. Let any water drip off from it before pulling it up higher, don't want to electrocute any teammates (or even worse, myself! :o )

Now, does it seem likely that we could lure the rest of the demons here if we made some noise or whatever so we could repeat that trick, or would the demons be wise to it?

Finally, from the way the water was draining out of the next section, does it seem more likely that that section was simply flooded and that that water was just equalizing, or did it seem more like there is an active source of water in there leaking/producing water at a fast enough rate, meaning that it would flood the whole complex if given the chance?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 02:58:09 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: April 16, 2020, 01:39:49 pm »

will do
Use Ellen’s med kit to heal Richter
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 334