Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 484971 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Monkey Business
« Reply #960 on: June 26, 2019, 09:20:04 am »

I was told that yellow voices are difficult for the insane people not using the dark theme to read so I'll be having Reginald speak in a different way now.

Clem adopts a deep, gender-neutral voice.
"Depending on the size of the station, 'staff agitation' is a synonym for either 'stir crazy' or 'civil unrest'. Or it could just be a misdiagnosis of a different problem. Any of those possibilities can lead to situations where we're not given a warm welcome."

Oh I'm sure its nothing that serious! Otherwise they would have used a stronger code. Like the yellow alert "Civil unrest" code. Or the Red "Union formation" code.

"They're probably just all at the titty bar, if their staffs are all agitated. Best to leave them be for a bit.

Anyway, if We're going on this Transpenitentiary Rewind Acquittal Process thing, we must be the Progressive Reprobate Agitation Terminal Squad. Somebody stitch us up some logos and emblems."

Reginald doesn't seem to follow.

Admittedly it is easier to follow if you're reading it rather than just having it said to you.

I'd like to join in if that's okay. It seems like this game is taking players freely, so I went ahead and wrote up a sheet and turn. I've read through a couple games here and there, (including this one and DIG) but never felt I had the time before this summer. I thought this looked like a good game to get started with, so here I am. Tips and suggestions are welcome.

One question: The first post indicates in one location that the base life die is d2, but under the default character sheet is d4. I'm assuming d4 in my sheet, but I don't know. I'd like clarification so I can correct it if needed.

I'd like to appear in the barracks, and follow Reginald's instructions to travel to terrabase sigma. (assuming with the team)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
D2 is basic health die without any armor.  Humans are very flimsy things.

And thats just fine, assume you're now in the meeting, dropped out of the hazy hammer space which contains the entire unobserved world.

"Are we gonna be given space suits for this mission or are we gonna die if something goes wrong?"
If you need them I'm sure they'll be provided! The station should be fully pressurized though; its one of those prefab things, been completed for quite a while.

Spoiler: Lucy (click to show/hide)
Lucy finds a place to dispose of the asbestos safely, then heads to the barracks to ask “How will we get to where we need to be without a map?”
I'm sure there will be personnel on site to guide you. And if all else fails I'm sure there are maps on site as well. I do apologize though, I'm just not sure where that security request went...

((It's within my budget actually, I had 1250 OMNI, the purchases cost me 950 which left me with 300. Also the antibio razor now has a d6 strength requirement to use, does the concealed implant version also have that requirement? If it does, would it be fine if I switched my fate levelup to strength?))

"Are we gonna be given space suits for this mission or are we gonna die if something goes wrong?"
"Do you expect the station to blow up the moment we arrive? You shouldn't worry about not having a space suit, there are far more ways for you to die that aren't prevented with one."
Yes, it has the requirement, and yes you can switch it.

Be wherever I need to be to progress to the next stage.

Do I think KitKat has a chance of being remotely useful in a fight? Or is she not designed for such things?

She could be useful. Her stats are pretty low so straight up combat might not be a good idea but auxiliary or helping positions are possible.

Uh.  In light of the massive armory change, I'mma gonna just... unbuy all the stuff I just bought, if that's okay?  And instead, buy an armored spacesuit, if that's not considered metagaming... otherwise, a cognition copier, because that's totally what I'd do if I didn't know a space mission was next.

Also, going back to my original levelup, putting the stat point into will rather than str.

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)
Thats fine; I'm basically gonna let anyone unbuy and rebuy items they bought this time because I kinda pulled the rug out of under everyone with those changes.

Moving most recent level from guns to speech, if you don't mind. Haven't rolled either yet.

Thats fine.

"Tell me, magic triple-8 ball, is this going to be a case of demonic possession of the entire staff, resulting in the termination of the entire facility, again?"

Ask the above question to the magic 888-ball.

ENTIRELY POSSIBLE, BUT PROBABLY NOT IN THIS CASE.

Aww crap, store all different now and don't have much time to look through it. Is spare goop tank still 30?

Either way, buy: cognition copier (400), toolkit (200), 2 nutrient paste (2x1), ear plugs (5), goop tank (?)

You could up the attack die by merging two, effectively spraying more.
Cool. How much for a goop thrower then?

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
I think a goop tank is much less now.

Hmmm probably gonna be...Actually, I think instead of allowing weapon modification it might be a better idea to just have upgraded versions to buy that do more effective "damage".  Oz was complaining about people buying their way out of weapon negatives and he does have a point.

Spoiler: Jengo (click to show/hide)

Go where I must go to be ready for next mission. Shake hands say hello to new bosses.
You shake hands with Reggie. He seems pleased.

"Well, I guess I better get ready for space! Hey Edd, if you're gonna ask the magic ball about the upcoming mission, you may as well place a bet on it. That's a 10 credit buy in for what type of mission it will be, another ten credits for scale of disaster, and a final ten credits for number of team deaths."

Strip naked right there in the meeting and put on my disposable space suit. then attempt to put on my rubberized jumpsuit over top of it, unless usch is clearly impossible, in which case, tie my rubberized jumpsuit around my waist.

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
I'll allow it, for now. But the helmet does prevent you from wearing anything else on your head.

Could I buy a replacement helmet for my disposable spacesuit?
Could I wear my disposable spacesuit under my Riot Armour?
If yes to both, then do that.

Yes, I am a real cheapskate.

Can I use a Thermite Cutting Charge as a melee weapon? Will I roll explosives for it?

I'll also buy 2 foam grenades, 2 cutting charges and an OMNI-scient Network observer.

"I'll bet 10 OMNI on pirates, 10 OMNI on complete station destruction and 10 OMNI on 3 deaths."

Only if you buy another full suit.
The space helmet prevents anything else from being worn on the head but the rest can be worn under it.

You can try, and it will require melee to get it up against them and then explosives to use it.

Ok.

When ready to go, just post a "Ready!" action.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: June 26, 2019, 09:59:28 am »

Kerberos is ready. He's so ready, he is already practicing swinging his new fire ax a few mere meters away from the other mooks.

Spoiler:  Kerberos (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 26, 2019, 10:00:23 am »

Ready.  Do I lose my extended magazines?  I'll unbuy a couple of clips if weapon modding is not possible.

(Also, I don't think weapon modding would be too broken.  You can buy your way out of a weapon's problems by buying a new weapon.  Also, if you require buying other guns or such to make said mods, it can run into a lot of money and run the risk of breaking everything on a 1.  Maybe limit it to one mod per weapon?)

« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 08:02:01 pm by Devastator »

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: June 26, 2019, 10:03:44 am »

Ready! Blake will also buy a ceramic knife, to poke things with! and a spacesuit.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 26, 2019, 10:38:09 am »

(Did I get rid of the asbestos insulation?)
If I didn’t get rid of the asbestos insulation, get rid of it. If IGot rid of it, then I’m ready

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #965 on: June 26, 2019, 11:23:38 am »

See if I can find a map of that type of space station in the network.

Also see if I can make an input only link from my communicator to the Murder Pot so that it will stop complaining about its lack of sensory input and start complaining about other things.

Otherwise, ready!

Edit: Also gonna give Rezel an extra 140 due to the armory rewrite (leaving me with just enough money to pay off my gambling debts). I've already edited my sheet.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 04:50:29 am by Parisbre56 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 26, 2019, 01:06:51 pm »

Ready
Also, give KitKat the mini-cannon, and tell her not to use it unless I tell her, or she’s in extreme danger.

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: June 26, 2019, 02:57:34 pm »

"No way, my fellow janitorial dude. The wisdom of the 888 ball is not for gambling.

Do you think there are going to be a lot of corpses to clean, Triple-8 ball?"

un-bought the incinerator upgrade cfr discord discussion.
Ask question of magic 888 ball
Ready to Roll

Spoiler: Eddrick, Sanitation (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 04:23:16 pm by Pancaek »

f13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 26, 2019, 03:27:35 pm »

Ready! Ask Reginald how we are getting to the station.

((sheet is adjusted to d2 life... So now if I get hit I've got equivalent odds of survival as winning one of Ozacks bets!  :) ))

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #969 on: June 26, 2019, 06:07:24 pm »

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Ready for the next mission
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Hotfire90

« Reply #970 on: June 26, 2019, 06:32:55 pm »

Switching to d6 strength, and ready.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #971 on: June 26, 2019, 09:21:09 pm »

"That sounds incredibly optimistic."

Ready. Test out the Symbiote on the ride over. If a subject is necessary for testing, attempt to cajole Lucy into helping by mimicking the voice of her sister, Lyra. You know, the one who liked to do experiments.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Void where Prohibited
« Reply #972 on: June 27, 2019, 07:19:24 am »

Ready.
Also, unable to wear anything else on the head? A crying shame that is. But wait! an idea arises!
Locate a permanent marker. Uncap said marker. Draw one cowboy hat on the top of the space helmet. Incinerate marker.

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: June 27, 2019, 07:37:05 am »

I'm ready.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: June 27, 2019, 08:21:56 am »

Gundam Fight,Ready, go!

Spoiler: Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 334