Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 484999 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #930 on: June 21, 2019, 03:38:01 pm »

Easiest for us both if you just tell me about both buying and selling collectables now, ceiling man.

Buying an OMNITECH® Porcelain™ Ceramic Knife.

Examine the Shrieking Skull. How is it activated, what's its range, what kind of effects can I get out of it, and am I able to control it?

Clem sort of... hums to itself, tuning its OMNITECH® Voice Manipulator to have the voice of a young woman. Clem then mutters it itself, farther refining the voice to match what Clem remembers of the late Lyra. Having completed this task, it sets out to procure a test subject.

"Hello there, Lucy was it? How would you like to contribute towards the cause of science?"

« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 07:57:12 pm by Egan_BW »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Monkey Business
« Reply #931 on: June 21, 2019, 06:12:56 pm »

Shopping list:
- 300 Omnibucks for the modification to my incinerator that removes the overheating when putting it on "shoot fire" mode
- 250 for the OMNITECH “FREE RADICAL” Hoverboard
- 10 for the magic 888-ball
- 100 for a “BLUE SMOKE” Nootropic Cigar
so 660 in total

After purchases, leisurely ride my hoverboard to the barracks to get briefed on the next mission

Spoiler: Eddrick, Sanitation (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 21, 2019, 08:05:47 pm »

Loan Clem 25 Omni for a ceramic knife.  (Return 30 after next mission.)  Buy one for myself as well.

Do some modifications.  With a couple of rifle magazines as raw materials, try to make an extended mag.  (d8 use die instead of d6.)
Try this up to twice more using toolkit charges, until I have two extended mags or all three attempts have failed, leaving me with one toolkit charge.

After that, head to the barracks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 08:15:51 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 21, 2019, 11:40:43 pm »

((I'd buy that. You sure you don't want to keep it though? Worst case scenario (25%) your shield implant runs out after just one hit and then you're left with d2 life. Might be better to keep it as a backup.))

((Yeah, I'm sure.  My char is a coward; he's unlikely to get hit in the first place, and even if he does get hit and gets unlucky, he'll just run away.  And if not, well, he's had it coming.  It's of more use to you, anyway.))

Sell the riot armor to Pathos for 60 OMNI, then buy a bayonet (which will be mounted to Rezel's security rifle), a bunch of glowsticks, some glowspray, and a flashbang.

Edit: Changing my levelup from +Will to +Strength.  Confirmed that it's okay in IRC.

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Void where Prohibited
« Reply #934 on: June 22, 2019, 07:02:18 am »

"Handling security requests is what we do best, boss!" Jon lies.

Take the proffered security request and place it in my incinerator.

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 22, 2019, 07:30:59 am »

Wander around the barracks while I wait for people, and pick up any interesting items I see.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 22, 2019, 08:11:57 am »

Wait for everyone else to arrive in the barracks

Spoiler: Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 22, 2019, 08:33:40 am »

Ah, wanted to ask whether modding the goop launcher to spray more goop would be possible, to make it more likely to goop stuff (aka up the attack die). I can try the modding next time. Could it be done with just a charge from the toolkit, or should I buy a second thrower and combine them somehow? Or could one dual-wield perhaps (guessing no, for balance reasons)?

Either way: sell pack of gum, wallet, riot suit and some children's photos if they'll take that.

Buy cognition copier (400), toolkit (200), generic knife (50), nutrient paste (2x1), ear plugs (5), goop tank (30).

Level will and mechanics. 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 12:33:51 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 23, 2019, 11:21:20 am »

Impatiently tap my robofeet and wait for the mission to begin.

Spoiler:  Kerberos (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #939 on: June 24, 2019, 03:11:14 pm »

ATTENTION:

I am currently in the process of doing a complete overhaul on the arsenal. The following changes will be made in general

1. Prices are generally increasing for weapons
2. Damage is generally going up. High end weapons now have much higher damage than originally, making their increased costs more worth while.
3. Ammo costs will be individual to their weapon and will be generally far cheaper than the 10% rule I threw out.
4. Use dice are increasing in size so reloading isn't as common.
5. Explosives have gotten a very large buff.
6. Melee weapons and Ranged weapons have roughly the same damage curve, ie starting at the same damage and ending at the same damage. However Melee weapons are cheaper than ranged for equal damage.

This, combined with making a map, may take up the post for today, but We'll see.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #940 on: June 24, 2019, 06:39:29 pm »

Okie Dokie. Thats done. Guns, Melee, explosives, and armor are updated. I still need to look through implants and adjust their prices. You guys might wanna check out the armory and make sure anything you own is up to date.

Find and use equipment that can get rid of asbestos
Spoiler: Lucy (click to show/hide)

[4]
Equipment to remove asbestos? Hands count!

Lucy starts ripping asbestos insulation out of a wall, making sure to take deep breaths as she does.

Go find the waifu. Be sweet and try to calm her down. If she decides to follow me, take her on the mission. If she doesn’t, go ahead and head to the barracks. I’d she only speaks Japanese, see if Reginald will help.
Lance finds his waifu chasing her own tail a bit further down the hall. He entices her with promises of cake and sardines to follow him to the barracks.

Install the antibio razor arm on the left arm, also buy and install a threat analyzer, then buy an armored space suit for protection.
Afterwards head to the barracks.

Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)
The first two we can do, the third is sadly outside your budget now.

Barracks!

Spoiler: medic n°2 (click to show/hide)

Go to the barracks for the next mission
Done!

"That phase interface complained I 'voided its warranty' and 'exceeded safe energy levels' or some such. Said it'll 'contact HR', the little snitch. So I think 'Use equipment you're not accredited on' is pretty close to the mark."

Ask for pointers on avoiding HR's anger. Then thank the fine man and wish him luck before heading to the barracks. Wouldn't want to hold up the mission.

EDIT: Oh, make sure to buy an OMNITECH Cognition Copier before mission start. Got to protect my most important asset.
EDIT2: And also buy that riot suit from Rezel.

Things bought, assuming you can afford them.

"Ah well thats not so bad. If memory serves they'll probably just make ya take a safety course this first time. Its only the second time where they start removing limbs. If you really wanna avoid them, I suggest misdirection. Send their lackies after the bandersnatch! Was that the right animal?" He asks the girl who he is still being very friendly with.

"Snipe, darling"

"Yeah, thats another good way to handle them."

"No, Its a snipe hunt, not a bandersnatch."

"Ah yes. Bandersnatch...mind must be elsewhere. Rabbit hole and what not." Bill says, his hand straying a little bit lower on the girl's waist.

Pathos leaves before the two of them can rise above a pg-13 relationship.

Loan Clem 25 Omni for a ceramic knife.  (Return 30 after next mission.)  Buy one for myself as well.

Do some modifications.  With a couple of rifle magazines as raw materials, try to make an extended mag.  (d8 use die instead of d6.)
Try this up to twice more using toolkit charges, until I have two extended mags or all three attempts have failed, leaving me with one toolkit charge.

After that, head to the barracks.

Assuming it fits the new prices, consider it done.
[4,5]
Consider them extended. Uses 2 d6 mags to make 1 d8.

((I'd buy that. You sure you don't want to keep it though? Worst case scenario (25%) your shield implant runs out after just one hit and then you're left with d2 life. Might be better to keep it as a backup.))

((Yeah, I'm sure.  My char is a coward; he's unlikely to get hit in the first place, and even if he does get hit and gets unlucky, he'll just run away.  And if not, well, he's had it coming.  It's of more use to you, anyway.))

Sell the riot armor to Pathos for 60 OMNI, then buy a bayonet (which will be mounted to Rezel's security rifle), a bunch of glowsticks, some glowspray, and a flashbang.

Edit: Changing my levelup from +Will to +Strength.  Confirmed that it's okay in IRC.

Spoiler: Scared Security (click to show/hide)
Assuming its all ok in terms of price in the new doc, consider it done.

"Handling security requests is what we do best, boss!" Jon lies.

Take the proffered security request and place it in my incinerator.

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Jon carefully stores the request in the "Urgent" pile.

Impatiently tap my robofeet and wait for the mission to begin.

Spoiler:  Kerberos (click to show/hide)
Wait for everyone else to arrive in the barracks

Spoiler: Jack Hansan (click to show/hide)
Wander around the barracks while I wait for people, and pick up any interesting items I see.

WAITING! (Theft attempts are slapped)

Ah, wanted to ask whether modding the goop launcher to spray more goop would be possible, to make it more likely to goop stuff (aka up the attack die). I can try the modding next time. Could it be done with just a charge from the toolkit, or should I buy a second thrower and combine them somehow? Or could one dual-wield perhaps (guessing no, for balance reasons)?

Either way: sell pack of gum, wallet, riot suit and some children's photos if they'll take that.

Buy cognition copier (400), toolkit (200), generic knife (50), nutrient paste (2x1), ear plugs (5), goop tank (30).

Level will and mechanics. 

Spoiler: Yagyu d'Aubigny (click to show/hide)
Double check those prices but assume anything you want is bought if you have the cash.

The man gives you 150 Omni.

You could up the attack die by merging two, effectively spraying more.

Ah well it seems like everyone is here. Bolly. Where did I put that.... Reginald pats his fur a bit

Ah nevermind.  In any case our security call is quite a long distance one! OMNITECH has a great deal of interests and programs running at once all around the solar system and maybe even beyond! One of these programs is the Transplanetary Resource Aquisition Program.  They are mostly an intersolar mining, mapping, and charting group, with most of their work taking place in the asteroid field and interplanetary space.  They're mostly independant but their security and rescue calls still go through the Omniscient network and for some reason our little security group was flagged as the nearest sector able to respond!

それらのイニシャルはどういう意味ですか

Yes indeed! It is very strange! But we've got a job to do and do it we shall! Now then, you'll be going to Interplanetary Terrabase Sigma, an asteroid based station that was established a few months ago to investigate...I believe the document said tritium deposits but I forget where I've put it...Ah well. The security code they sent was a rather minor one, for assistance in dealing with aggitated staff. So we're sending you all out to lend a hand!  There was a map here...Where did I put that security request...Oh well I'm sure you can figure it out. They'll probably have someone there to meet you after all! Chances are everything will be finished by the time you get there but we are men of duty! HAha.

Ah, well, any questions?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 24, 2019, 07:04:49 pm »

"Do we know what is causing the staff to be agitated?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK
« Reply #942 on: June 24, 2019, 07:25:12 pm »

Easiest for us both if you just tell me about both buying and selling collectables now, ceiling man.

Buying an OMNITECH® Porcelain™ Ceramic Knife.

Examine the Shrieking Skull. How is it activated, what's its range, what kind of effects can I get out of it, and am I able to control it?

Clem sort of... hums to itself, tuning its OMNITECH® Voice Manipulator to have the voice of a young woman. Clem then mutters it itself, farther refining the voice to match what Clem remembers of the late Lyra. Having completed this task, it sets out to procure a test subject.

"Hello there, Lucy was it? How would you like to contribute towards the cause of science?"

He'll buy, but he rarely sells.

Ok.

The proper way to use a shrieking skull is to shake it until it wakes up and then throw it at whatever you dislike.  Range of effect varies, range of throw varies by how weak you are.  Effects vary wildly. Control varies wildly.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 24, 2019, 07:46:10 pm »

Clem adopts a deep, gender-neutral voice.
"Depending on the size of the station, 'staff agitation' is a synonym for either 'stir crazy' or 'civil unrest'. Or it could just be a misdiagnosis of a different problem. Any of those possibilities can lead to situations where we're not given a warm welcome."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 24, 2019, 08:17:16 pm »

"Are we going to have to get teleported?"

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 334