Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 87

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC  (Read 60403 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC
« Reply #420 on: April 02, 2019, 09:10:04 pm »

Joachim smiled brightly.

"Is it me yer worried about? No need! I ain't gonna bite."

"Unless ya ask me to."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 02, 2019, 10:32:56 pm »

The young boy pressed himself against the wall behind him, looking very uncomfortable in the presence of the much larger man. "N-no thanks."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 02, 2019, 10:53:35 pm »

"All right, just sayin'."

The large cat put his hands in his jacket pockets.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 03, 2019, 03:28:40 am »

"Smooth."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 03, 2019, 04:39:23 am »

Joachim merely shrugged. He'd tried being friendly, now it was everyone else's job to take care of things. He did wonder if they were going to buy something or move on, though, and glanced at Iris and Milos to see what they thought.

rokubiraijuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Headphones in, avoiding interaction with the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 03, 2019, 12:28:30 pm »

Jupi laughs along with William at Jim's expense, taking another faked sip from his tankard. It's fairly clear that these men don't have anything else to offer on the subject, and if he wants to find the person who's doing these kidnappings, he's going to have to stick his beak elsewhere. But that probably isn't even necessary. He has a fair lead on where the princess could be.

He stays at the table for another little while as the conversation moves on, ordering them all another round of drinks on his tab to get on their good side. It's not entirely out of obligation — these men are nothing complex, but they're entertaining, and he doesn't mind spending another quarter-hour with them. Finally, though, he excuses himself to use the outhouse and staggers his way out of the bench and off through the collection of other tavern patrons. Once he's out of sight of the table, he casually changes direction and makes his way out of the establishment. It's unlikely that they'll notice he never came back; even if they do, it's fair to assume that he'd been tipsy enough to have forgotten and been waylaid by something else.

The air smells fresher when he steps outside again and the reek of alcohol and bodies packed together falls away. Cheerily, the jaunty tune from before back on his lips, he stretches his wings and lifts off the ground to find Grae.

If he recalls, he'd said something about the Guildhouse before they'd entered the city, but Jupi has no idea where that is, so he flies around until he spots the old mercenary and a couple others from the troupe at a tome shop.

"Hey, boss~!" he chirrups, coming to a landing outside the door and peeking his head in. "And others!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #426 on: April 03, 2019, 12:38:21 pm »

Heledd raised an eyebrow. That hadn't been the response she'd been expecting, though evidently she'd hit closer to the mark than she'd intended with her joke. Sounded like he just couldn't win with his ex; that, on the other hand, was entirely expected.

"Certainly, certainly. But there's equal value in someone knowing you're not at their mercy." Heledd's appearance was still relaxed and casual, but she watched Claire's reactions closely. Was the mage aware of Heledd's own specialty? Afraid of her, perhaps? That would make working together harder. . . but perhaps it was good for the girl to maintain a healthy respect.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 03, 2019, 01:47:20 pm »

"I'd say it's situational."

At that point, the proprietor returned, carrying another smaller book. Tomes were a different beast, of course. Much larger, reinforced for battlefield handling and constructed from thicker, more rigid papers. "Well, in any case, here is your book, Mr. Steelhart. I hope it's what you were looking for."

"Thanks. When I've finished with it, I'll return it to you." Grae accepted the offered book, and stowed it in one of his pouches. It was at that point that Jupi showed up, greeting the three. "Hello Jupi. Enjoying your time in the city?"

rokubiraijuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 03, 2019, 03:45:06 pm »

"I haven't been around so many humans in a long time, that's for sure!" he replies with a laugh, rustling his wings.

"I got something to tell you, if you're interested. I can wait until you're done picking around dusty books, though~!"

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 03, 2019, 08:02:00 pm »

"They're not that dusty," Claire half-protested, the conversation with Heledd set aside for now with Grae's comment and Jupi's entrance. "Oh, right, something for Iris... something for Iris..."

Her gaze trailed over the bookshelves for a moment before she picked out a green tome almost identical to the worn one that she had been using for a while. With a small thump she stacked it with the Fire tome she'd been holding, and moved to the counter.

"This should be enough, I think..."

Purchase Fire and Wind.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 03, 2019, 08:39:25 pm »

Claire acquires Fire!
Claire acquires Wind!
1400 gold spent.

As the money changed hands, Grae turned his attention back to the shopkeeper. "This may sound like an odd question, but have you heard any rumors about Laguz being captured? Within the last month."

The man frowned, and put a hand to his face, giving the question some thought. "Hmmmmm... No, nothing I can remember. Sometimes the lads talk about doing it, but I haven't heard any of them claiming they'd managed it." His concentration was broken as his gaze wandered over to Jupi, and the man flinched. "Er, Feline only. They don't talk about hunting Bird Laguz."

Grae didn't seem too disappointed by the lack of information. "Thanks for everything. I'll send business your way." Once the group were out of the shop, Grae turned to Jupi. "We've acquired some other supplies but nothing so far in terms of our target. What about you?"

rokubiraijuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 03, 2019, 10:25:32 pm »

"Really?" He gives his wings a flap and follows the puff of dust that it stirs up from the floorboards with his eyes to playfully prove a point, smiling at Claire. "Maybe I never did too much reading growing up, so all books are kinda dusty to me!"

He waits a few more moments, humming to himself and tapping the fronts of his feet alternatingly on the ground, before Grae gets back to him. Nodding, he beckons for the mercenary to come closer. "Top secret, you know~?"

Turning, he steps around to the outdoor corner of the shop where the noise of their surroundings will deter any potential eavesdroppers, and lowers his voice enough that the three should be the only ones to hear.

"Bad news is, nothing on the lady herself, and no names or identifiers on the snatcher, either. But there's word going around that beast snatching is going around at the border. They get 'em in cages small enough, they can't transform. And I got a lead on a place, too. Fight rings. Humans making big coin putting these cats up for fights. Probably not here, though. Best guess is someplace east of here, maybe out of the way enough to be underground but big enough to draw a crowd."

"Any help? Want me to poke my beak around some more?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 04, 2019, 11:17:51 am »

"That could be a good sign. It's possible that, if they have her, they don't realize exactly who it is that they have. As long as we can rescue her before she dies in a fight pit..." Grae stroked his chin thoughtfully. "Nice work. It's the only lead we have so far, so we'll pursue it. If you want to keep looking for information on towns east of here that could fit the bill, go ahead. We've got to look into some additional supplies still. We'll look into getting an extra staff or two."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 04, 2019, 11:26:15 am »

"Sorry for bothering you... can't find anything that we need right now, we'll be going. Have a nice day!" Aurelia said once it was clear they weren't going to be buying anything. She would leave the shop, probably with the others in tow.

"We should probably look for... a staff shop or something? Maybe somewhere selling something for dancers like Milos?"

Barring something else happening, go looking for such shops!
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 04, 2019, 04:03:58 pm »

Milos fiddles with his hands a little bit as he leaves the shop once Aurelia did. Once she brought up getting something for him, he looked a little more positive, nodding his head upon the idea, helping her look for one of those shops.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 87