Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 87

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC  (Read 60406 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Laguz Test Game IC
« Reply #435 on: April 04, 2019, 07:21:35 pm »

Apart from some shops carrying light and airy clothes from out east in Geumho, there wasn't much available that was tailored to dancers. There was however, a few shops selling staves. The one that Aurelia and the others entered was attended by a young woman with bright red hair. "Helloooooo! Welcome to the store! Let me know if you have any questions." She seemed very cheerful.

Quote from: Rods of Wonder
Heal: 700
Antidote: 600
Mend: 1000
Soothe: 1000

Clear: 700
Barrier: 1000
Rescue: 1200

Slow: 700
Befuddle: 700
Misfortune: 900
Poison: 900

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 04, 2019, 09:27:09 pm »

It didn't take long for most of the group to file into the city, and before long it was just Alys and Kawri left behind. With no sign of where the others had went.
"U-Um..." Alys turned to her crow-like companion nervously. She had to work out a tiny bit of prejudice against Laguz after the stories about her mother, not to mention... The bird woman was just a bit imposing. "Kawri, was it? D-don't you Laguz have a, uh, superior sense of smell or something? I, uh, think we should find the others..."
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 05, 2019, 10:10:32 pm »

Milos tilted his head at all the staves.

"Maybe we should get something for Alys...?"

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 06, 2019, 03:42:11 pm »

Vanessa made her way towards the magic shop, her brand new bow slung over her shoulder. She was a humming a tune as she walked and her face broke into a cheerful smile as she spotted Grae and his group just outside.

"Oh, hey guys. Look what I got" She proudly presented the bow towards them.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 06, 2019, 04:05:10 pm »

Grae turned to Vanessa, and checked out her new Steel Bow. "Nice workmanship. Did you manage to find any leads?"

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 06, 2019, 04:18:49 pm »

Vanessa blinked, looking confused for a moment. Then realisation formed on her face

"Oh. We were meant to be doing that weren't we..." to her credit she did at least look a little guilty,

"Sorry, I just kind of got caught up in the city stuff you know?"
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 04:27:31 pm by Kansa »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 06, 2019, 04:47:05 pm »

The commander sighed. "Well, thanks to Jupi, we managed to find out something. Apparently there are rumors that Laguz are being captured near the border to be forced into fight pits. We're pursuing that at the moment. Hopefully we can find out where it is."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 06, 2019, 04:52:27 pm »

Claire waved at her comrade in arms.

"Nice bow," she said, sobering up a bit immediately afterwards at the mention of the fight pits again.

"Oh, right... we were just in the tome shop and I think there were a few Light magic tomes if you needed a replacement. We bought a tome for Iris, but I wasn't sure if you needed a new one too..."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 07, 2019, 05:04:10 pm »

Vanessa's face immediately fell as she heard about the fighting pits,

"That's horrible... I can't believe someone would do that. We have to stop them." she did her best to recover her smile however as she turned towards Claire,

"That's actually why I was heading over here. Going to add a few new tricks to my performance. I'll just be a minute." Quickly she rushed into the store and wasted no time deciding on her purchase.

Vanessa buys a shine tome.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 07, 2019, 06:37:53 pm »

Aiming to not loiter about for too long, Aurelia purchases a Heal staff
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 07, 2019, 09:12:53 pm »

Purchases get made.

Vanessa gets Shine!
Aurelia gets Heal!
1600 gold spent.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 08, 2019, 01:22:47 pm »

Later, Milos will buy the Enamoring Step.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 08, 2019, 07:48:00 pm »

Also, one (1) Jambiya for Clover, please.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 08, 2019, 08:37:06 pm »

Eventually, the group retires for the evening at the Steelhart Guildhouse. The common bedroom is crowded, of course, but it was readily available, and the risk of the Laguz of the group drawing negative attention was everpresent in the city at large. The next morning, the group received the last of the information they were looking for.

Victoria and Grae were standing around a table with a map of Morcia laid across it in the early morning sunlight. "Based on what you told me last night, I was able to turn some things up. Orders for steel bars, suitable for construction or holding cells, recurring orders for healing staves, a high rate of cash flow... I'd say it's a likely proposition that the fight pit you're looking for is situated here." She pointed to an unlabeled point on the map, halfway between a small river village, Chille, and the border. "There's an old iron mine there. Small village as well, but it never recovered when the ore dried up."

Grae's hands were splayed out on the table, and he nodded, eyes fixed on the point that Victoria had indicated. "Except the people have enough money to regularly buy shipments of healing staves and iron bars."

Victoria nodded in response. "It's suspicious. Be careful. If they have Laguz there, they could be drugged up, or half starved, and you might have to fight your way through them."

Grae grimaced, then straightened up, and let his hands fall to his sides. Grae's eyes moved over to Victoria. "Thanks for the intel. I'll make sure you get a cut once we're paid."

Victoria didn't look up from the map to meet his gaze. "It was nothing. An hour of work and deduction. But do whatever you want."

Grae watched Victoria for a long moment, then turned away, returning to the common bedroom of the guildhouse. "Alright, we've got a destination. Let's move. The longer we take, the more danger our target is in."

Milos acquires Enamoring Step!
Clover acquires Jambiya!
2900 Gold spent.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 08, 2019, 08:44:16 pm »

Milos sat quietly throughout the meeting, trying to pay attention as best as he could. He did, however, get a little frozen up when the thought of drugged up, snarling, hungry beast Laguz entered his mind, closing in on him, their mouths frothing as they leaped for the-

Milos shook his head rapidly. He looked noticeably terrified, though he was trying to keep it together. Gulping, he got out of his seat and followed Grae.

"Y-yeah..."

Internally, Milos also felt the longer they waited, the more in danger his mental state would be.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 87