Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.  (Read 53306 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Prologue: Right Person at the Wrong Place.
« Reply #270 on: January 06, 2019, 08:30:29 pm »

Ismo still needed to get used to that dorkish behavior she had going, but at least she seemed decided about tagging along so he wasn't going to question those other things she had been babbling about.
"I am glad you are willing to join us. Just try to be...careful."
He didn't have much to add there, for now he still had to convince the other stranger to tag along.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 06, 2019, 09:19:50 pm »

: "Go back to the part where people are killing each other over a possible archeological site, because that seems like one hell of an overreaction to me. For all anyone knows this 'treasure' is nothing more than the ruins of a few buildings and a collection of old coins. Interesting, sure, but nothing worth murdering for. What's really going on here?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 06, 2019, 09:30:51 pm »

Pulling out the paper, Astera handed it over to Jazz, but held on to it for a brief second after she grabbed it.

"I want paper back, yes? Is mine after I take from Новш, so want back. Will gave back to me, you give back to me, yes?"

Releasing the paper, they nodded.

"Is more than just dig. Rumors of many things go with papers. Is rumors of treasures. Magic things, could make current magic items seem like... how say... Үгүй... small worth? Toys? Something like. Rumor say could change entire world! Well... your world. Not touch my home most likely. Unless even bigger than think. But ancient magic and treasure. Is worth hunting for, yes?"

Pausing, they sighed.

"Shame though. Need second part of paper to know more. If Новш had both, I would have both now. But worthless Новш only have one piece. So now need to find second piece. But need help, is why we look for Karin. If you leave, is fine. But miss out on treasure and adventure that way."
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 09:33:44 pm by Swordstar »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 07, 2019, 02:33:34 am »

Ismo wasn't exactly pleased hearing those words, but he was trained to keep his posture at that sort of situation, so for now he allowed Astera to attempt her own methods of convincing her. After all, treasure hunts worked like this, obtaining a small lead and rushing for new directions, plus it wasn't like he heard this stranger's true intentions to visit the slums either. For now he simply stepped back until he was standing near Clara to whisper something to her.
"Excuse my curiosity but...This Karin, was she already like this when you first met her?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 07, 2019, 04:07:11 pm »

: "Yeah yeah, settle down. I'm not gonna go running off with your paper." The mage was momentarily intrigued by Astera's mention of their "world", but she had more important things to think about. Such as the document.

Truth be told, it did look rather authentic. Not that she was much of an expert on the subject of course, but it was clearly quite old and the writing was in a style she never saw outside of Kizamo's oldest libraries. Sometimes growing up in a city of education and magic had its perks.

Jasmine weighed her options. Her "weekend" has just started, and she had no plans other than tidying up her modest home until she went back to work in a couple of days. She could follow this crazy bunch around and get a better idea of whether this was worth getting involved in. If it was, she would have a fair shot at ancient treasure and knowledge. If it was bogus, she'd know soon enough and have a crazy story to tell her fellows back at the airshipyard. She decided to make the jump.

: "Well...this does look pretty interesting. I guess you can count me in. Luckily I always carry a tome for self-defense." Jazz returned the paper to Astera and crammed the last bit of beef sandwich in her mouth. Time to get moving, she guessed.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #275 on: January 07, 2019, 05:04:37 pm »

Vigdis watched all of the proceedings with an affected disinterest. This was starting to grind at her patience. This conversation was going on far too long already, and this Karin was especially grating. She saw the look on her face and the change in her voice as soon as the name "Hirana" came up. She wasn't shocked, a certain amount of her worship was to be expected, but she would rather they didn't come up at all, and especially would rather some girl wasn't visibly losing herselves over meeting one of their spawn.

Vigdis shook her head slightly, belatedly realizing that she was actually grinding her teeth. It didn't do to be this irritable; it's not as if any of them had actually done anything to her.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 07, 2019, 07:51:22 pm »

Old friends? Well, why not. Clara gave Karin a smile back.
"It can be like an adventure, maybe. Like the stories."

So as not to be rude, once the conversation had moved on and Karin's attention was no longer on Clara, she nodded to Ismo.
"She is always very enthusiastic. But that is a good thing, is it not?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 07, 2019, 10:09:13 pm »

Ismo took a moment to ponder about Clara's words, just to at least attempt to see things in a different direction.
"..."
Considering her "enthusiastic" behavior was related to Clara and Amber's presence, his reply still showed his concerns.
"Well, she did sound eager about working alongside you and Amber, but I am not so sure she will be that enthusiastic about killing gang members."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 10:10:58 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 07, 2019, 10:22:08 pm »

"Ah! Good, am glad. New friends always good. Now group bigger, will be easier to fight Үгүй новш."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 08, 2019, 03:05:10 pm »

: "...fight what? I'm sorry, can someone fill me in on what's going to happen next?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 12, 2019, 05:57:41 pm »

"Well, she did sound eager about working alongside you and Amber, but I am not so sure she will be that enthusiastic about killing gang members."
"She is wearing armour; I do not believe someone completely opposed to battle would dress themselves as a warrior so, and I know she has attempted to learn the arts of the blade."

: "...fight what? I'm sorry, can someone fill me in on what's going to happen next?"
"I believe we will be attempting to retrieve the other half of the map we possess - it is being held by one of the criminal gangs. I do not imagine they will give it up if we merely ask nicely..."
"Thus: fighting."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 12, 2019, 07:31:00 pm »

Everyone forgot you were here. Probably for the best since you already screwed this whole 'talking to people' thing up. Twice. You almost scared the girls off.

Go have a drink, Billy boy. You'll feel better.

Against his better judgement, William signaled for the bartender.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 12, 2019, 07:47:10 pm »

Karin looks up after having been deep in thought for a bit. She taps William on the shoulder.
"So.....have you been travelling with them long? T-the people with you. You all seem like you're well-organised, s-so I assumed you're all here for the treasure."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 12, 2019, 08:14:25 pm »

She's talking to YOU. Better answer her.

"Huh? What?"

William had been distracted and had to think for a second to remember what she'd asked.

"Oh, um. No. I don't even know most of their full names."

He thought for a further moment.

"I think it hasn't even been an hour since we got attacked by those footpads and formed up."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 12, 2019, 08:21:38 pm »

"I-I see. What do you think about them? I-I know Clara, a little bit....but what about the others?""
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 79