Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.  (Read 53302 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Prologue: Right Person at the Wrong Place.
« Reply #240 on: January 05, 2019, 05:25:07 pm »

Clara peered around, then flinched as William suddenly shouted. Her skin prickled as she felt the stares of everyone in the inn turn to look at them. And one of them...
"Oh."
It was indeed the same person she'd met previously. Maybe she didn't remember Clara, though? Clara had always had a good memory, and they hadn't met much.
"I think it is that person, there. In the green armour."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 05, 2019, 05:46:06 pm »

Jazz looked slightly annoyed.

: "You're from Kizamo, aren't you? I haven't been there in years, I'm trying to get some news - what, are those friends of yours?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 05, 2019, 06:02:57 pm »

Indeed, Karin was still slightly frazzled by being dragged out kicking and screaming from her focused state of mind. She could get very absorbed into something, so absorbed that any sudden shock out of it might leave her in a sudden state of confusion and general temporary babbling.

Sudden person talking at her and then sudden yelling were not doing too great for her focus at the moment. And so Karin did what she usually did when taken by surprise; in order, squeal a little bit in a somewhat cute (to those who were into that sort of thing) manner, instinctively raise her book to shield herself from view from the newcomers and then start babbling.
"Ah, Kizamo! Right, yes! Uh, card games are maybe allowed again? Maybe I know them, maybe I don't? I don't know, I'm not looking right now! I....could you give me a moment to breathe, please?"
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 06:04:45 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 05, 2019, 06:04:38 pm »

Ismo was still studying his surroundings before William suddenly shouted, something that obviously bothered him.
"Not a subtle approach, but what is done is done."
He mumbled out before Clara's words perked his attention.
"Is that so? Then we should talk to them right now, I don't think we will be welcome here for too long."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 05, 2019, 06:06:46 pm »

William glanced at Clara. That was an interesting thing to know, if it were true. He approached the pair.

"Apologies for interrupting. Are you Karin?"

The first part was toward the angry redhead; the latter was directed at the woman in green armor.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 05, 2019, 06:27:47 pm »

Karin peeps up over the book, staring Will up and down, scanning him cautiously. She slowly lowers the book, continuing to stare at him, before catching herself, looking away, blinking and then rubbing the back of her head to try to pass off her awkward appearance. To Clara, it seems obvious, for the moment, she hasn't yet noticed her.
"Uh, who sent you? Why are you looking for a Karin?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 05, 2019, 06:53:25 pm »

William faltered for a second.

"Well... Sieve sent me, I suppose. My group and I are trying to gather allies at the moment and you were recommended."

He turned slightly so Karin could see the group and indicated the motley crew with his hand.

Introduce yourself, dipshit. She's clearly scared.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot my manners. My name's William Argent."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 05, 2019, 06:59:47 pm »

"Sieve just said he'd heard of her, not talked to her." Amber pointed out. Then, she got a bit closer and spoke quietly, so that the rest of the patrons wouldn't easily eavesdrop. "Hello there! We're looking for the rumored treasure here, and were told that we should get a couple more hands, and a friend pointed us at you. I'll introduce myself too - Amber Hirana, at your service! Sorry for this being so sudden and all, we're kinda short on options."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 05, 2019, 07:03:33 pm »

For the moment, Karin's more sensible side takes over. Familiar introductions. Good. Something she could get along with. She smiles at Will.
"It's f-fine, really! I'm Karin, Karin Linden, if that's who you were looking for. Nice to meet you, I think!"

Wait, Argent? Why did that ring a bell? Who was Sieve? Why was she recommended? What were they doing? There were too many questions going in in Karin's head, shooting off like fireworks in a tent. The Argent part was the more pressing question to Karin's mind, but she probably already knew the answer, so she tabled that for another time. Karin needed to take a moment. Pick the right question to ask. Maybe she might find out what's going on and what her part was in it.

This already seemed like an adventure of some sort. She just needed to find out what.

"Wait, Sieve? I....I don't think I know that name. Why'd they recommend me?"

Then Amber speaks up, and Karin takes the time to very quickly, in a matter of milliseconds, process what Amber just said.

Sieve had only heard of her. That made less sense; Karin hadn't exactly been high profile, how this "Sieve" had heard of her, she really, really wanted to know. Friend pointed her to them. Karin finally processes Clara's existence in the area; it was nice seeing her, but she was still a little embarrassed about not being good enough to keep going. She'd greet her later. Then treasure; maybe this was the fortune Karin could bring home, even a tiny bit of it, for her mom. Then couple more hands; these people seemed decent enough, and Karin wouldn't pass up a chance to help decent people.

Then Hirana.

As in Catherine Hirana. As in Catherine "one of the three women Karin admired most in the world" Hirana. As in Catherine "also a blonde woman who was probably the right age to have a child who didn't look much older than Karin herself" Hirana.

And then Karin stops dead for almost ten seconds flat trying to process, exactly, what meeting a blonde girl called Amber Hirana meant knowing those exact facts.
"W-w-w-wait! Did you say.....Hirana? Like.....Catherine?"
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 07:11:52 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 05, 2019, 07:10:06 pm »

This was boring, waiting for the girl to figure things out. Astera wandered around to the other girl instead.

"Hello! Are you friend with Karin? Am Astera. You are? Do you wantto join in adventure with us?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 05, 2019, 07:12:30 pm »

Ismo moved closer and made a quick gesture for the rest of the crew to hopefully approach without drawing more attention.
"Excuse William's previous behavior, we heard about other outsiders here. And Amber is correct, we are all here hunting for a 'certain' treasure."
In hopes of just brushing the name "Sieve" away from the conversation, he tried to explain the situation in a more understanding way for someone who apparently just arrived or just was oblivious of how things worked in that part of the city.
"Don't worry about that person. In the slums people always notice outsiders, they dress and behave differently, so that's how we found you. And this area of the city is far from being pleasant to outsiders, so I take it you are also here with different intentions?"
The spy raised an eyebrow as soon as Karin's behavior changed at the mention of Amber's last name, hopefully that wouldn't distract her too much.
"If you are also here looking for that treasure, we want your assistance."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 05, 2019, 07:13:11 pm »

"Uh, the friend kinda just heard you asking around and figured you were an adventurous type of person." Amber added on to her explanation before Karin processed her name. And then she did and started getting stutter-y. "Yes, like her. She's my mother." Amber said nonchalantly. "I'm sorry, I was probably being more confusing than explanatory."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 07:19:36 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 05, 2019, 07:21:56 pm »

Karin barely suppresses a squeal of delight at Amber's answer. She already knew who Clara was, but working with the daughter of Catherine Hirana? Some more sensible voice comes to soothe her down a little bit, however; she needed to know more first. On one hand, this was Catherine's daughter, but on the other hand, it was still real weird they specifically looked for her in lieu of someone else.

More experienced. More skilled. More talented.

She needed to look less awkward. Less "fan of Catherine squealing in delight at meeting the daughter of one of her idols", more "traveler from abroad who was searching for the treasure". Now wasn't the time. More questions now, squealing in delight later.
"A-adventure? Treasure? Uh....you're all looking for it too? And what do you need me for then?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 05, 2019, 07:44:27 pm »

Jasmine was momentarily overwhelmed by the surge of activity in her chosen watering hole, but soon she began putting pieces together. This was a bunch of adventurers, clearly, and they were looking for her less-than-informative informant. Why? Well, that was still a mystery. Whatever the reason, the girl was beginning to hyperventilate.

Now a stranger was asking her questions. Well, that was something she could deal with.

: "Slow down a moment, uh, person. I was just asking your Karin some questions, we haven't met before. The name's Jasmine, nice to meet you Astera. What sort of 'adventure' are we talking about?" I'td have to be either an extremely exciting or extremely short adventure to interest the mage; the airshipyard expected her back in a couple of days.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 05, 2019, 07:48:01 pm »

Astera nodded, talking quietly to the goggled woman.

"Ah, sorry. Jasmine... Is pretty name. Is adventure! We have secret paper, looking for more paper. Many treasures ahead, or so they say. Treasure whole city wants to find, maybe even more than just city."
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 79