Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 79

Author Topic: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Chapter 2: Remnants of the Past.  (Read 53312 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Final Hour 2 IC thread. Prologue: Right Person at the Wrong Place.
« Reply #285 on: January 12, 2019, 08:48:59 pm »

Upon hearing that, the shadow stared very hard at Clara.

Son of a bitch. That's the heir of the Konian school.

William did his best to ignore that. The shadow had never been wrong before, but if Clara was hiding her identity... maybe she had a good reason for it.

"Hm. Well. Vigdis is... quiet. So's Rafiel. Clara's friendly. Astera is... he's a handful. And Ismo... I guess the best way to put it is professional."

He tended to stumble and halt as he spoke, not really sure how to phrase things. Now that the adrenaline of battle had died down and been replaced by the embarrassment of having put his foot in it again, he didn't know what to say. How much was too much? How much was too little? It was like being thrown on stage without remembering any lines - all spotlights and expectation.

I really need that drink.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 12, 2019, 08:56:11 pm »

"That's nice to know. Nobody's....too much of a problem, right? Because I mean that would really mess up teamwork, and we don't want that when people are chasing us, because otherwise we'll mess up and then it won't be-"
Karin breathes in deeply, shaking her head. She blushes a little, rubbing the back of her head.

"Sorry. I....uh....tend to babble a little when I'm nervous. I'm not usually, uh....used to talking to people so casually, I guess."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 12, 2019, 09:00:35 pm »

"That makes two of us."

William was now fidgeting slightly, wondering what in the hells was taking that bartender so long.

"No, I don't think so. Astera and Vigdis don't really get along... but they're not at each other's throats."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #288 on: January 13, 2019, 01:14:44 am »

Vigdis, overhearing the conversation, simply "hmph"'d in response.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 13, 2019, 11:35:15 am »

Ismo crossed his arms and gave a slow nod, but he still had his doubts.
"I suppose you do raise a good point. Let us hope she doesn't suddenly act...Like that during a fight."
"Miss Glasses is correct, as we do need the other part of the map, we will be ambushing its current owner. So we just had been looking for a few more recruits to take part on this attack."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 13, 2019, 12:45:38 pm »

"I-I see. Uh....well, I hope we can all get along, as long as we're together. Besides, being at each other's throats isn't going to be too helpful, right, as long as we're looking for the treasure when we're being hunted down by the other people who want the treasure too. Sorry if I'm talking too much, but you know, it's easier to talk to other people if you just get some practice in talking to them, and I'm usually not used to talking a lot and oh, I'm babbling again, aren't I? Oh, sorry, sorry....."
Karin just takes her face into her hands and plants it firmly onto the table, more than slightly embarassed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 13, 2019, 03:04:08 pm »

William just rubbed the back of his head nervously in response.

"Yes. Well. How do you know Clara?"

He might as well get some clarification on the shadow's suspicions and changing the subject seemed like a good idea.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 13, 2019, 03:38:33 pm »

Karin thinks carefully, looking up at last after a few moments.
"I...uh...I know her through her parents. I went to them for....uh...research. She's the private type, so I won't spill too much."

The truth, Karin hoped, would remain with her and Clara.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 13, 2019, 03:43:37 pm »

Well then. Time to make the question a slight bit more blunt.

"Would this type of research happen to involve... swords?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 13, 2019, 03:45:39 pm »

"History, m-mainly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 13, 2019, 03:49:28 pm »

"I see. I was merely curious how Clara would be so familiar with the Konian school that she would recognize it, even when it's used with a weapon not meant for it by someone who has only read about it. And given that the most information we were given about you is that you are very interested in learning about or speaking to the heroes of twenty years ago, I'm drawing some interesting conclusions."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 13, 2019, 03:52:44 pm »

Karin tilts her head a little.
"That so? Uh....well, I do a LOT of research on w-what they did. It's.....sort of....something I'm interested in, knowing a little about history. Yeah!"
Telling William that she actually wanted to be just like Catherine or Lillian was probably a bad idea. It would seem embarassing. Almost childish. So she wouldn't talk about it. At least for now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 13, 2019, 04:06:29 pm »

"I see."

William would just have to leave it at that.

Good thing we don't claim Rose. That would be an annoying situation.

...Probably. Don't remind me. I think about it enough.

Don't look at me. I didn't ask to exist either, yet here I am. As much a part of you as that hair you dyed to pretend you didn't inherit it from her. You-

-missed the eyebrows, yeah, I know. I don't trust things that close to my eyes.

"There have been a lot of books about the Ixion war and the events surrounding it."

William threw that out just to see what she would say about it, not entirely sure it would further discussion any.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 13, 2019, 04:14:27 pm »

"Yes, there's so much! I mean, quite a lot of it is complete sensationalism and mostly urban legends and speculation, but some of it is really useful for actual chronicling and well-researched, you know? There was one I read that claimed Kyle was actually a half-dragon and that's why he was so strong. That's completely crazy, but that's the kind of thing people write about the heroes, you know?"

Karin, inside, sighed a breath of relief. Clara's secret was safe for the moment.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 13, 2019, 04:18:53 pm »

"Really? A dragon?"

He raised an eyebrow at that.

"What do they say about the others?"
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 79