Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 420

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 520580 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #6210 on: September 01, 2024, 03:47:56 pm »

"Rotation arrows" should actually be a new projectile weapon type that spins once it pierces a target's flesh, causing devastating internal damage.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: September 01, 2024, 04:34:52 pm »

"Rotation arrows" should actually be a new projectile weapon type that spins once it pierces a target's flesh, causing devastating internal damage.

This is a great suggestion.
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.

SixOfSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • likes flesh balls for their calming roundness
    • View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: September 02, 2024, 02:06:01 am »

"Rifled" or helical fletching was already a thing IRL. The wing feathers used when fletching bows already have a bit of natural curve to them, so if the fletcher was smart, they'd give each arrow 3 feathers that all came from the same wing (or at least the same side of different birds. This would mean that all 3 feathers would curve in the same direction, and so when the arrow was fired, it would fly longer & straighter than an arrow whose feathers were "2 from the left wing, 1 from the right" or vice versa. And even if the fletchers didn't know what they were doing, adding the feathers at random would still produce helical fletching 25% of the time.

Crossbow bolts, however, might not have feathers for fletching: Thin wood and parchment were also used. So giving bolts off-center or helical fletching would require more deliberate awareness.
Dwarf Fortress -- kind of like Minecraft, but for people who hate themselves.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: September 02, 2024, 04:06:18 am »

Any fletching used must cancel out the rotational effect, thus minimizing accuracy of projectiles.
Better yet, all arrow & bolt shafts must be curved, rendering them virtually worthless.
FPS in Gravearmor (925+ dwarves) is 2-5 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: September 02, 2024, 01:27:45 pm »

Stone is overpowered and available in unlimited numbers. Remove it.
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: September 02, 2024, 07:26:37 pm »

The 666th Bogeyman slain in an evil nightmare biome should drop a shirt with a cloth decoration sewn onto it that reads:  “I slew 666 Bogeymen in <biome name>, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt!”.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: September 02, 2024, 09:37:07 pm »

Good suggestions in the terrible suggestions thread should constitute an immediate permaban.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: September 02, 2024, 10:08:42 pm »

Making fun of other forum users in the bad suggestion threat results in an immediate permaban

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: September 02, 2024, 10:58:08 pm »

Making fun of other forum users in the bad suggestion threat results in an immediate permaban
Sorry, we have to ban you, that's a good suggestion.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: September 03, 2024, 01:07:09 am »

Each post on the forum should make fun of some other forum user. If not, one should get permanently banned.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: September 03, 2024, 01:51:14 am »

Just one. Any time it happens a random user is banned.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: September 03, 2024, 02:00:15 am »

People that post on this thread or even think about posting in this thread should be banned.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: September 03, 2024, 03:16:20 am »

You should be banned iff you do not make yourself eligible to be banned for making self-referential meta-jokes on the forum.

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: September 03, 2024, 06:16:50 am »

Banning people should have you banned

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: September 03, 2024, 07:38:10 am »

As should bartering, and/or bantering.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.
Pages: 1 ... 413 414 [415] 416 417 ... 420