Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 422

Author Topic: Terrible Suggestions Thread  (Read 524198 times)

Fikilili

• Bay Watcher
  • "Elves make no sense, change my mind."
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Suggestions Thread
« Reply #2250 on: October 03, 2020, 11:08:43 am »

On the 28th of Sandstone, the dead rise from their graves and start dancing. Skeletons popping out and jamming to some music. Farmers are taken by moods and carve various plants with faces and light them up with candles. Cooks will prepare delicious meals with sugar and give it to dwarven children. Necromancers rise their dead friends for a night. Werewolves don't attack people for once.
"Military? What's that? Something to eat?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: October 03, 2020, 12:23:38 pm »

On the 28th of Sandstone, the dead rise from their graves and start dancing. Skeletons popping out and jamming to some music. Farmers are taken by moods and carve various plants with faces and light them up with candles. Cooks will prepare delicious meals with sugar and give it to dwarven children. Necromancers rise their dead friends for a night. Werewolves don't attack people for once.
And all foods are filled with pumpkin spice.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: October 03, 2020, 12:30:46 pm »

You could totally do that now. Make a "meaty" inorganic layer (or large cluster) that appears in sedimentary or alluvial environments and has additional meaty/bony inclusions and veins.
Words can't describe how much I would love procgen "meat biomes".  We're already partway there with evil zones!
but would it be in the shape of a giant? or would it be slices scattered through the layers?
It'd be like one of those displays where they slice a human cadaver into layers so you can see it in cross-section, but all stacked vertically.  Like this: http://thescienceexplorer.com/brain-and-body/dead-body-sliced-5000-times-create-virtual-human
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: October 03, 2020, 02:30:02 pm »

Oh God, I remember seeing part of a movie about entering a psychopathic serial killers dreams once and he did that to a horse, a hundred panes of glass came down from the ceiling and trapped slices of it between them. It was quite gross. There was also a guy having his guts pulled out by a medieval torture device that wrapped it up like a spool of wire.

It would be horrendous, and it would be in weird disjointed cross sectional slices that don't make sense, and there would be thousands of them spread over a region like horrific hamburger patties, but we can do it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: October 03, 2020, 03:33:57 pm »

And all foods are filled with pumpkin spice.

Dwarves have a pumpkin spice allergy, resulting in the usual painting the fort brown that this thread has come to expect.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: October 03, 2020, 07:33:11 pm »

The game is now developed with the main target group of nazis, anti-vaxxers, flat-earthers and similar folks in mind.   

« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 07:35:40 pm by Nordlicht »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: October 03, 2020, 08:38:50 pm »

The game is now developed with the main target group of nazis, anti-vaxxers, flat-earthers and similar folks in mind.

It simultaneously tries to pander to SJWs, Bill Gates, and time-cubers.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: October 03, 2020, 08:42:54 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if Bill Gates plays DF, though.

But I guess the financial situation would look different then.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: October 03, 2020, 08:48:56 pm »

cly we need to get him hooked on it then

BigUglyWorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: October 04, 2020, 12:25:57 pm »

That's ridiculous, why would--

-Players are encouraged to commit war crimes against other races, and only barely discouraged from committing them against their own dwarves.

-Medicine is a joke, any exposure to pathogens is a terrible idea and most doctors are butchers.

-The world is literally flat.

...oh.  Oh no.  We're too late.
We must prepare for the Vomitpocalypse.

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: October 04, 2020, 01:35:24 pm »

THIS GAME IS FUNDED BY THE BILL AND MELINDA GATES FOUNDATION

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2261 on: October 04, 2020, 01:45:37 pm »

THIS GAME IS FUNDED BY THE BILL AND MELINDA GATES FOUNDATION

Oh, you meant the GAME'S financial situation.  I thought you meant that Bill Gates would be funding Dwarfy-style projects in real life.

I wouldn't be surprised if Elon Musk plays Dwarf Fortress.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: October 04, 2020, 02:44:51 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if Elon Musk plays Dwarf Fortress.
When he's taking a break from playing Kerbal Space Program...  Because he has to plan his Mars colony, as well as how to get himself there.

Suggestion: Savefiles are now entirely in Autodesk Revit format.

Nordlicht

• Bay Watcher
  • Wuschelig & Wunderlich
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: October 04, 2020, 02:50:52 pm »

Savefiles are now written out like a novel:

Four tiles from the left and three tiles from the top on the 20th level is a grass tile. The grass is green. It's a happy little grass. It's shaded by a tree. There is small vermin on the grass. It moved here twenty ticks ago. The vermin has no plans to move elsewhere.

New saves are added to the bottom of existing saves, making load and save time longer as you play.

The game autosaves every five seconds. 

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: October 04, 2020, 03:00:30 pm »

Everything on the screen is narrated by Bob Ross.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 422