Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Tacticus  (Read 5344 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Tacticus
« on: October 17, 2018, 01:42:23 am »

Welcome to the arena, manager. You will send 3 heroes into the battle. These are high stakes, and battles can end faster than other grid based games. As you do well in the games, your score will increase, as you lose, it will fall. Challenge other managers' teams with near or higher scores for the most gain, and become the Kingpin of the arena!

Arcadia is fantastical world that has grown upon the ruins of a lost epic civilization that no one remembers. Large metal skeletons litter the deserts and dead zones, places where unprotected matches take place over high tech loot. Restorative magic cannot work there...

Gear grants your units powers. Magic powers require mana, and regenerate from zero at the start of the match. Tech powers have ammo, and cannot be used when depleted. Gear is designed by me and winners of tournaments, and is found in VS NPC battles.

You may give your units basic gear, which is a stone weapon and cloth armour or leather armour and no weapon. The weapon can be anything that can practically be made with stone, and the armour may take on any cosmetic form that makes sense for the material.

Choose a manager name. _
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 11:02:25 pm by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Tacticus
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 01:43:31 am »

RANKS:
1. Missty Vikingar — a1s
2. Anonymous Manager — dgr11897

FORWARD:
Aside: My goal is a demake of grid games I grew up with: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Card Hunter, and Battle Hunter, chief among them. The thing I love about demakes is they find the most basic nuggets and trim all the fat. I know this game is super basic, too basic right now. But I will keep adjusting the rules. Even within a match this is a total beta. And of course while I only expect players to be players, there is an open invitation to them, and spectators to suggest new directions for change. Thank you.

BASICS:

BATTLEGRID:
xy 1x 2x 3x 4x 5x 6x
1y __|__|__|__|__|__|
2y __|__|__|__|__|__|
3y __|__|__|__|__|__|
4y __|__|__|__|__|__|
5y __|__|__|__|__|__|
6y __|__|__|__|__|__|

PLAYLIST:
Come
Desperate
Heroes
Strike

♪ ♫
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 11:01:41 pm by roseheart »
It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be left alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 01:44:19 am »

BEASTIARY:
Green Troll: Short, big headed, pointy nosed barbaric humanoids.

MATERIALS:

No Clothing
Cloth

No Weapon

Leather

Stone
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 10:11:32 pm by roseheart »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 11:02:40 am »

Is there a Rules&OOC thread I'm missing? Or did you want a fluff description and are going to assign powers based on that?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 11:22:55 am »

Is there a Rules&OOC thread I'm missing? Or did you want a fluff description and are going to assign powers based on that?
I believe it is the latter.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 12:06:09 pm »

Very Well, please welcome Missty Vikingar:

• Eric: is all about speed and doging. Comes equipped with a linen tunic and trousers, as well as 4 javelins (sharpened sticks, fire hardened if allowed, balanced for throwing)
  • Olaf: is all about protection and vitality. Comes equipped with a full set of leather armor (boots, pants, shirt and skullcap) as well as a round leather shield, but no weapons.
  • Baleog: is all about might and damage. Comes equipped with a gambeson (cloth armor padded with extra cloth,) and a stone axe.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 05:16:00 pm »

My group is inbound
  • Aetheon Not armored, fast, or strong, but has a way with words. He is known for his ability to incite men to do battle and whip natives into a ferverous horde to tear down his foes.
  • Sling A man with a sling, and the skills to use it. Accurate, deadly, and easily replaceable.
  • Finally there is Skolder A master at scavenging, repairing, and activating ancient tech in the middle of a fight. But he isn't much of a fighter otherwise.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 05:26:43 pm »

Can y'all see this?:

x 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
2 _ _ e o b _ _ _
3 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
4 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
5 _ _ A S K _ _ _
6 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 05:29:36 pm »

Yup, I assume that this is the map?
x 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
2 _ _ e o b _ _ _
3 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
4 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
5 _ _ A S K _ _ _
6 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 05:57:34 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 05:59:11 pm »

And a1s?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 06:43:04 pm »

I can see it, yes.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 07:24:40 pm »

x 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
2 _ _ e o b _ _ _
3 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
4 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
5 _ _ A S K _ _ _
6 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Missty Vikingar
e: Eric
o: Olaf
b: Baleog

Anonymous Manager
A: Aetheon
S: Sling
K: Skolder

Spoiler: Battle Details (click to show/hide)

Move or attack with 1 unit. PM your action.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2018, 02:10:47 pm »

x> 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1y _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
2y _ _ e o . _ _ _
3y _ _ _ _ _ . _ _
4y _ _ _ _ _ . _ _
5y _ _ A S!K b _ _
6y _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Missty Vikingar
e: Eric
o: Olaf
b: Baleog

Anonymous Manager
A: Aetheon
S: Sling
K: Skolder

Spoiler: Battle Details (click to show/hide)

Move or attack with 1 unit. PM your action.

Use coordinate format: x,y

... or describe a path. Diagonals are adjacent, but slightly slower.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2018, 04:05:15 pm »

@a1s @dgr11897 (does that even work?)

I've got time for this today, hoping to get a few rounds in, maybe even finish.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2018, 04:43:52 pm »

Will do, I should be able to send in my turns fairly fast
My Power armor arms race
Pages: [1] 2 3