Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38

Author Topic: The Exiled Demon  (Read 36844 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Exiled Demon
« Reply #480 on: November 07, 2018, 05:44:26 am »

No need to make all of our followers monstrous, not yet. We have time for that, to allow them to change slowly enough that others accept their evil forms as normal. We have the resources to be insidious. A handful of champions is sufficient.

That said, yes, it would be best to push ourselves with the beasts. Maybe we should take some of them - not all - and experiment with ways to make them stronger, more fearsome, more clever and cruel.
Take  6 of the  Rouses and attempt to  imbue them with the powers of the fiends  that once served us,  emphasizing size, intelligence,  loyalty, and  hopefully minor magical ability.

Also:
Go find more spirits to vanquish or subdue
+1.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 07, 2018, 11:01:31 am »

While you wait for your various servants to return from their tasks, you decide to put your newly regained skills to good use. Six rouses, the largest and strongest of those left, are brought before you. You delicately carve sigils into their chests, making them shudder and hiss in pain, their bodies writhing. Then you infuse a tiny bit of power into each one. The first three take it better than you expected. Their bodies swell with power, their claws and teeth lengthen and begin to curve like the blade of a scythe, and their heads swell. One in particular, now nearly twice the size of a normal rous, manages to force a word of demontongue out and turn a nearby stalk of grass into a thing of thorns.

One of the others explodes in a shower of rotted flesh. The other two grow moderately larger, but the main change is in their heads, which have split open vertically, forming two halves. They spin about, independent of each other, and small objects begin to hover about them.

An exertion of will turns them all into your fawning, obedient servants as they rest at your feet.

You leave them behind as you go spirit hunting. You sense a presence forming in the watchstalk fields, a searching presence that seems to smile when it sees you, but it is not truly alive yet. As you hunt, a large rous comes creeping out behind a bush, it’s hide covered in weeping sores. Behind it comes a swarm of rouses. “You will release my children. Or we shall eat all of you.’ It croaks, eyes burning with hate.

Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 07, 2018, 11:16:04 am »

How  many rouses do we see, exactly?  Also, are the halves of the heads  detached from the body now?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 11:21:49 am by WyrdByrd »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 07, 2018, 12:03:36 pm »

“Hehe... no, you will join me, or else be consumed by the new dusk that follows me.”
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 07, 2018, 12:25:46 pm »

“Hehe... no, you will join me, or else be consumed by the new dusk that follows me.”
+1 I assume we start the fight at that moment
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 07, 2018, 12:26:58 pm »

+1

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 07, 2018, 01:49:12 pm »

+1
+1. If the spirit won't submit,  blast  it with corruption, then go to town on the swarm.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 07, 2018, 05:36:04 pm »

+1

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 07, 2018, 10:34:55 pm »

”You will join me, or be consumed by the dusk which follows me, O mighty spirit.” you mock, and its eyes flare up with hate briefly, as it opens its mouth, closes it, and opens it again. You see confusion flicker within it as the presence of your corrupted rouses(which you really need a name for. Something to consider later) grows disproportionately strong. Long moments pass by, and while it occasionally starts to speak an offer of submission or snarl an order to attack,  it never manages to complete the thought as corruption wars within it and sores wax and wane across its body.
Spoiler: Beleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Champions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 07, 2018, 11:10:58 pm »

Have the Rous that spoke the demontongue kill it and usurp it’s place.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 11:12:46 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 08, 2018, 01:37:58 am »

I vote the corrupted ones are called "rouces".

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 08, 2018, 02:12:07 am »

Offer it and the rouses with it the corpses of some corrupted slaves to feast on.  Say that this is only the beginning of the feast.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 08, 2018, 05:03:22 am »

Offer it and the rouses with it the corpses of some corrupted slaves to feast on.  Say that this is only the beginning of the feast.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 08, 2018, 05:41:13 am »

+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 08, 2018, 06:07:41 am »

+1
+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38