Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 92655 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 3: Aftermath (11/12)
« Reply #780 on: October 06, 2018, 07:47:36 pm »

...wuba why
Post restrictions bad

FoU: can bids be retracted
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 06, 2018, 07:54:45 pm »

...wuba why
Post restrictions bad

Because I don't really need the money. It apparently disappears overnight.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 06, 2018, 08:12:15 pm »

No.

It's not impossible that your bid was invalid, though.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 06, 2018, 10:13:33 pm »

...wuba why
Post restrictions bad

...hwhat?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 06, 2018, 10:15:14 pm »

...wuba why
Post restrictions bad

...hwhat?
It's going to take more effort to explain it to you than this sentence where I make fun of you, and it will accomplish less.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 06, 2018, 11:45:24 pm »

heydude6, I just sent them. Let me know when you get it. It doesn't verify my alignment, but it'll prove my role.
I got.. a thing. It’s definitely helpful
but there’s no role information. Especially not a mouthful.

Sheldon would have been a better target
Does my reply give you any regret?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 07, 2018, 04:11:00 am »

heydude6, I just sent them. Let me know when you get it. It doesn't verify my alignment, but it'll prove my role.
I got.. a thing. It’s definitely helpful
but there’s no role information. Especially not a mouthful.

Sheldon would have been a better target
Does my reply give you any regret?
Not particularly, no. I still stand by my earlier comments that it proves my role.

You can also claim what it is. That was the whole purpose of this shindig.

And giving anything to Sheldon would be a mistake given Maximum Spin's play on Day 1. Why should I give Sheldon anything? Explain that one to me because I literally cannot see a possible future that benefits from giving it to Sheldon.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 07, 2018, 09:27:40 am »

I miscounted... Unvote...

In this case then, Teneb.

I mean, that does kinda verify him promptly, He went out apparently, and his cash flow checks out. the 20$ didn't occur Day 1. Just so happens that both calcs are correct, and I jumped to a conclusion.
Huh, In that case, I'll Unvote as well...

Also hopefully Teneb will actually speak up to defend himself instead of just lurking because, well, obvious reasons are obvious....

Anyway...Hmm... Webadict, who are your current suspicions for scum? After Caz turned out to be town, well, that kinda threw a massive wrench into my thinking so I believe I may have to go at this through a different approach, but...at this moment, what do you think of Teneb and Deus? Or have they not changed from your last judgement?

...I'm not sure if I'm suffering from burn out or something else at the moment but I can't really think of anything else to add at the moment annoyingly...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 07, 2018, 09:50:33 am »

I miscounted... Unvote...

In this case then, Teneb.

I mean, that does kinda verify him promptly, He went out apparently, and his cash flow checks out. the 20$ didn't occur Day 1. Just so happens that both calcs are correct, and I jumped to a conclusion.
Huh, In that case, I'll Unvote as well...

Also hopefully Teneb will actually speak up to defend himself instead of just lurking because, well, obvious reasons are obvious....

Anyway...Hmm... Webadict, who are your current suspicions for scum? After Caz turned out to be town, well, that kinda threw a massive wrench into my thinking so I believe I may have to go at this through a different approach, but...at this moment, what do you think of Teneb and Deus? Or have they not changed from your last judgement?

...I'm not sure if I'm suffering from burn out or something else at the moment but I can't really think of anything else to add at the moment annoyingly...
Additionally x3, I apparently now have reason not to lynch Deus Asmoth. He might also be Town? ??? I can kinda explain that one, but, uh, not yet. I sorta have to find out more.
Teneb and Persus13 haven't done anything to make me believe they are not scum. Shakerag is also scummy. And if I had to guess on a fourth player, it would probably be... I dunno. IcyTea? I made an assumption he was Town, but only because it was convenient. It will stop being convenient soon enough.

I have reason to believe Deus Asmoth is actually Town, but I won't share it until heydude6 claims the action.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 07, 2018, 09:54:24 am »

Okay, fine. A set of Belgium waffles appeared in my inventory
Now they’re mine, but they were no different than the kind from the auction factory.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 07, 2018, 09:56:46 am »

And giving anything to Sheldon would be a mistake given Maximum Spin's play on Day 1. Why should I give Sheldon anything? Explain that one to me because I literally cannot see a possible future that benefits from giving it to Sheldon.

He can inspect. Multiple waffles allow us to find more people to trust and respect.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 07, 2018, 10:07:56 am »

That implies he is totally trustworthy. And if he is... That does make his call to lynch Teneb a bit weighty.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 07, 2018, 10:14:07 am »

That implies he is totally trustworthy. And if he is... That does make his call to lynch Teneb a bit weighty.
Except, he didn't inspect Teneb last night, he inspected Heydude.

PFP. I'll try to get a full post in tonight.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 07, 2018, 10:33:08 am »

I'm actually feeling a bit better because neither of the people up for lynch were scum. I hadn't been comfortable with either, even at the end of the Day. I was hoping that I was wrong, so that we'd get someone. I could realign my suspicions to better match everyone else, figure out how to help the Town, etc.

But, I was right! It sucks, but I feel better about it. Plus, now I had a bit of a vacation. And a bunch of role information! It's pretty nice.

Okay, fine. A set of Belgium waffles appeared in my inventory
Now they’re mine, but they were no different than the kind from the auction factory.
Correct! At Night, I can add ingredients to the Waffles and either sell them or give them away! If I wasn't blocked, they would've been topped with some delicious add-ons. I have been the one giving away waffles each day, and I can choose to instead not sell them, but only at Night. Sheldon, also, has already purchased some Waffles yesterday. He can use them tonight. Or not. I couldn't care honestly. If he promises to inspect me, I'll consider giving him Waffles tomorrow. Maybe. If he begs a little. I know that sounds a bit mean, but he literally costs the Town a lot with his Day 1.

He can inspect. Multiple waffles allow us to find more people to trust and respect.
Yes, I could've done that. But, the point was to verify my role with you. I am now entirely confined to the role I have claimed to Deus, so I can no longer change it. You have locked me into that. That's what I need. At any point, Deus can now claim most of my role. In essence, I can no longer lie about anything without being called out.

I know you're Town, so it was beneficial to me. Sheldon's only known play is that Spin willingly suicided on Day 1. He claimed an inspect that was superfluous to me. He would've gained a lot more by inspecting me, but he probably doesn't care and will be forever thinking I'm scum, in spite of all reason contrary. But, that's on him.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 07, 2018, 02:57:55 pm »

Quote from: Sheldon
webadict, everything is part of the plan.

I know exactly who I'm inspecting tonight. I don't consider it safe to confirm or deny that you are part of it at this time, though.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 59