Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 92889 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 2: The World Falls Over (12/12)
« Reply #630 on: October 01, 2018, 12:19:42 pm »

I would be extremely Careful Fish. Today is the end of the day, short of two more extend votes. Give a case for voting like that.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 01, 2018, 12:22:52 pm »

I would be extremely Careful Fish. Today is the end of the day, short of two more extend votes. Give a case for voting like that.
This vote doesn't matter except as a display of my relative suspicions of you and DA.  Right now, I think I want to lynch him more than you - but it appears very likely that we'll lynch Caz at this point in time regardless of whom I suspect.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 01, 2018, 12:24:44 pm »

Including you, Dues has 1 vote, your own. It's certainly a safe vote, but not a good one. Build a case, or extend so that duo can talk some more.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 01, 2018, 12:31:01 pm »

Really doubt that I can get time to post today. Haven't read the 3 new pages yet but I'm assuming the bw is still on me. Just remember the last long-ish post I wrote. I don't even think it had the reads part in it but that was back on pc, it wasn't that useful anyway.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 01, 2018, 12:40:13 pm »

My problem with lynching Deus today is that even though he's spent most of this game at rest
we are only now noticing that problem and we don't have enough time to put him to the test.

Tomorrow he'll be in line to be our number one person to suspect
but at this time we have more overtly suspicious characters to dissect.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #635 on: October 01, 2018, 01:25:31 pm »

TricMagic:
As an aside, 6*7 is 35, so we happen to be missing 15 from the MS Lynch. Sheldon, do you have it?
Actually, there were 8 people on the MS lynch, so there's only $2 unaccounted for.
Well, Shakerag, what's your thought on heydude's rhyme time attack?
I don't know.  I find it to be literally unreadable.  I don't recall anything odd standing out.

Sheldon:
Quote from: Sheldon
Ehhhh, I don't think the situation has changed much. A lot of words have been exchanged, but not a lot of meaning. Caz is not top of my suspicions list. I'd focus on Persus and Teneb since, like I keep telling you, they probably rise and fall together (although it's possible that one of them decided to pose as me to trick the other one, which I think should be checkable in quicktopic's interface); webadict is still obviously scum if you'd prefer, too. I kind of just want you to get the day over with already though. (To be honest, I, uh, slightly forgot that lynching me would skip the night.)
I am very curious how webadict is obviously scum to you.

heydude6:
Shaekrag's
Now look here, you little shit.  Also, Doopliss.

webadict:
Alright, I've changed my mind.

TheBiggerFish, you are Town. Your attitude recently makes me question that, but your previous attitude gave me the feeling that you're trying to develop some sort of style of scumhunting that, plainly, sucks.
IcyTea, you are Town. Your case against Caz at the beginning was silly, but it didn't feel necessarily bad. I'm making the largest leap in trust on this one because your thought process wasn't necessarily wrong, but it did feel bad to go after someone like that. However, perhaps it was suspicious in a way, but your way of jumping on it felt delayed... But, then again, I do that plenty, soooo... I can feel comfortable like this for now.
piratejoe, you are... probably Town. I docked you points because you think I'm scum but you're listening to my insistence to not lynch TBF. It feels odd. If you had hesitancy on me being scum, it's not showing enough.
heydude6, you are more likely Town than scum. Your contributions are noteworthy, even if small. You don't seem to be actively dissuading others. You feel like "new but Town", but I didn't want to put you higher because it's more of a feeling than anything else. But, if I was given 50:50 odds, I'd take 'em.
Caz... you might ACTUALLY be Town. Whether you're just doing strange things or just being anti-Town, I can't really decide. Your vote of $50 is weird, but not enough that I'd consider it scummy.
TricMagic, you are neutral because you just don't stand out enough. You talk a lot like TBF, but I've already decided he's Town, whereas I haven't for you. You're basically what TBF is. You talk a lot, but you're so focused on not getting... dooped... that you're not DOING anything. It's silly. Stop being silly.

These are the six people I trust the most. Tric, you haven't really proven yourself to be super useful, but whatever.
You know, for just a split second I was almost offended that you don't trust me.  Anyway.
I'm a little boggled at how high TBF is on your list. 
Now I'm curious about your take on why everyone suddenly is pitchforks and torches over Caz.  Thoughts?
Perhaps I'm missing these particulars here. I haven't seen any of these except deflection, though in all fairness, I wasn't looking particularly hard. I can certainly take another look, but I am more on the side that Caz is Town than scum, even if by a small margin. It ain't much, but... I suppose I'm just not going to try to think about it that hard. If Caz is scum, then it would do a lot to show IcyTea and you as Town, but if he's not... Then we're even further in the hole. Like, a giant cascading sludgehole full of scummy Townies, and I don't really think there's a whole lot I can do to stop them from all this... insanity. Maybe even stupidity.

I'll vote for an Extend. And since I'm not sure when I'll be back, I'll vote Caz Caz. Maybe I'm blinding myself from the necessary proof that's needed because of how... just... inane Maximum Spin was. It made no sense to do the things he did as Town. He gained nothing from any of it.
da fuq?  Are you seriously hopping on the Caz wagon for no good reason at all?  I can't even believe the shit you're writing.  "Hurr durr, I think this player is more town than scum, and I'm not going to think hard on the issue, but *votes Caz*".  The fuck kind of game are you trying to play webadict?

Persus13:
I need to read through the thread again. Be back later. Also, I just got a message from the mod saying Sheldon hasn't posted in the Useless QT, whatever that's worth.
So is that to say, someone is posting in the Useless QT who is impersonating Sheldon?

As an aside:
Replace the "1" with an "i". Also Doopliss.
I am going to die if this whole Doopliss thing has merit.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 01, 2018, 01:42:00 pm »

@Shakerag: That is taking everything as far out of context as possible, which is coincidentally WHY you are not on the list. Your quote about staged scumfighting was also out of context.

I am certainly not going to let it tie, that's for certain. I would much rather lynch Caz than not lynch anyone. I would just rather we didn't lynch Caz. These are not incompatible views. Unless you somehow believe that a tie would be a better outcome than lynching someone I believe is Town.

See, I am not certain Caz is Town, and I am certainly not at TBF levels of certainty for Caz. I also have no verifiable role information that could potentially save Caz. Hence, I would rather lynch Caz than no one. That is why I wished for an Extension. Deus Asmoth is far, far scummier, but I am also busy until later doing that whole moving thing I complained about.

Long story short, Deus Asmoth lynch > Caz lynch > no lynch. Extension > Caz vote > Deus Asmoth vote.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 01, 2018, 01:49:44 pm »

@Shakerag: That is taking everything as far out of context as possible, which is coincidentally WHY you are not on the list. Your quote about staged scumfighting was also out of context.

I am certainly not going to let it tie, that's for certain. I would much rather lynch Caz than not lynch anyone. I would just rather we didn't lynch Caz. These are not incompatible views. Unless you somehow believe that a tie would be a better outcome than lynching someone I believe is Town.

See, I am not certain Caz is Town, and I am certainly not at TBF levels of certainty for Caz. I also have no verifiable role information that could potentially save Caz. Hence, I would rather lynch Caz than no one. That is why I wished for an Extension. Deus Asmoth is far, far scummier, but I am also busy until later doing that whole moving thing I complained about.

Long story short, Deus Asmoth lynch > Caz lynch > no lynch. Extension > Caz vote > Deus Asmoth vote.
Ok, now your actions make more sense.  See, you just need a little more in there for us mouth breathers.

I still want a TBF lynch, but after reading your posts on him, I'm putting Deus Asmoth as my second pick, and would be fine with a lynch on him as well.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 01, 2018, 01:57:28 pm »

Right... You guys do know that makes little WIFOM sense, right? Sealing my vote means to either save Caz, or lynch him. And Teneb is the one who did that. How do we get to Deus from there, simply because Web says so?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 01, 2018, 03:46:56 pm »

Can we get some extension votes, anyone?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 01, 2018, 05:12:46 pm »

...I am very tired of day 1.5, but fine, have a Vote to Extend
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 01, 2018, 05:40:22 pm »

Do we honestly think another 48 hours is going to change all that much?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 01, 2018, 05:41:59 pm »

Day ends at 8:00. You need the time to push your Deus theory, or you can just switch to one that makes more sense, Teneb or Caz. It ends tonight, and a failed consensus means Mafia will kill a town member.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 01, 2018, 05:47:13 pm »

You realize that Caz has a comfortable lead
You don’t have to fear a no-lynch cause there aren’t any more votes that we need.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 01, 2018, 05:57:49 pm »

2 more are needed, and Persus/Teneb --- Right, can't rhyme that, but those two are focusing on each other.. And now 2 more seek Dues's head for some reason, with no rhyme nor reason, I might add. Not a case either, other than the previous..

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 59