Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 93121 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 2: The World Falls Over (12/12)
« Reply #615 on: September 30, 2018, 07:47:27 pm »

I will defer to the reasoning of you protecting TBF... You want me to make a case against you at this time? We got 1 more day in this day, and I do not want scum to get a free kill..

If I'm lucky, maybe fish will post a case that gets me lynched. At this point, his vote is useless on me, cause Caz isn't progressing. If he thinks me scum, let him take a stab at me, don't do it for him.

I am going to bed now, and will post on the morrow. One thing about my vote getting taken is the ability to tear into the other cases without worry.

I'll repeat on the get talking part though. Hopefully Caz has his Part 2 up when I wake.
No, I don't care about the case. I want you to contemplate the WIFOM. Why would I do something as scum? If your only reasoning is "Because web's scum," then you don't really have a good reason. You don't have to think too far on it, especially since it's, you know, WIFOM, but that is my advice.

If it makes you feel better, I will switch my vote if I have to. But, I'd much rather we lynched Deus Asmoth. I am 95% sure TBF is Town. And if he isn't, you can gloat and hold it over me because he sure got me. Totally bamboozled. I don't really want to test it, because we simply don't have the lynches for that. I am fairly sure we're at a critical point where we're at LYLO, if only because of the vote-stealing ability. I'm not confident on that, but... I don't really know how many scum there are.

I don't think Caz is scum either. Nor you. That's just too convenient... But, if it comes down to it, I'll vote Caz. I'll be lynching someone I think is Town, but that's only marginally better than a no lynch, ain't it?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 30, 2018, 08:15:35 pm »

If we have so much apprehension
perhaps it may be good to vote for an extension

Do we get one per day,
Or is this the only one with which we can play?

Also, what if Tric's vote was stolen and not lost.
we'd need a good lead or else scum will lynch someone at our cost.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 30, 2018, 08:46:56 pm »

oh hey let's talk like heydude6
is it really necessary to rhyme like a bunch of pricks

blah blah blah I'm fucking drunk
post restrictions suck a goddamn lunk

have a good weekend you all
testicular cancer left me with just one ball

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 30, 2018, 09:31:58 pm »

I'd like to vote to Extend (this is not a use of my personal extension).

Because I know that Teneb targeted TripMagic today, and I'd like to know why he hasn't brought it up. And sure, he hasn't posted yet since then in this chat, but he did decide to post 4 words in the Useless QT a few hours ago.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 30, 2018, 10:35:59 pm »

Because I know that Teneb targeted TripMagic today, and I'd like to know why he hasn't brought it up. And sure, he hasn't posted yet since then in this chat, but he did decide to post 4 words in the Useless QT a few hours ago.
Extend too.

I did it because I absolutely do not trust a player who is acting an anit-Town manner with a fucking vote.

As to why I didn't say it, why it was so that mafia wouldn't know who did it and thus get aprehensive. But sure, vote me on that alone. You got anything else on me case-wise, pal? Because I'd love to hear it. Right now all you have is: "Teneb removed a tool from the disruptive player, thus minimizing disruption of the town due to random bullshit".

Didn't think so.

You see, for all the bullshit TricMagic spewed, they were right about one thing: you didn't attack me once this game. Why? Because ain't got a true case on me. So when you or one of your scumbuddies figured out what I could do? You shat your collective pants and decided to go for me.  And I guess you were also a little annoyed at me outing your role, Persus.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 30, 2018, 10:44:16 pm »

Hell, let me expand that: you should've absolutely have attacked me once you came back from your car trip and learned I threw out your role name to everyone. But you didn't. Why? Because town doesn't attack town, and since you are scum, well, why attack the person you know are town and cause a ruckus?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 30, 2018, 10:48:25 pm »

Fuckit, Deus Asmoth as a tiebreaker for the moment.  For lurking and generally not bothering to play very much.

TricMagic: If you don't get your head back in the game you're next, man.

...wait, nope, that just ties it up again.  Persus moved.

TricMagic.  Vote's on you again.

What the fuck is going on between Persus and Teneb even.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 01, 2018, 02:41:59 am »

Alright, I'm back from a family celebration. It will take me a while to dissect all these walls; I'll read everything even if I don't respond to it. Extend, and in case it doesn't go through, I'll leave my vote on Caz for now to break the tie.

First things first: Anyone, anyone at all that has played with TricMagic before, did they behave in this manner?
Yes, as both town and scum.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 01, 2018, 04:34:15 am »

Alright, may as well address a thing seeing how I woke up at 5 am again...

piratejoe, you are... probably Town. I docked you points because you think I'm scum but you're listening to my insistence to not lynch TBF. It feels odd. If you had hesitancy on me being scum, it's not showing enough.
While its slightly outdated, my list stated how you where only somewhat/slightly scummy and it was mostly based on a hunch, and while I may make a case on you depending on how the lynch goes, I'm not really confident if you are scum or not. Its probably not showing enough because I haven't really been talking much with you as of late...I'm genuinely surprised you think Caz might be town however, especially with all the deflection, dismissal, cherry picking, and flat out lies he has done, and that kinda ties in with my hunch and initial worries with you. Still, depending on how the lynch and night turns out, I may or may not make a case. But yeah, for the most part you are a kinda worrying grey area that I'm suspicious of and unsure of.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 01, 2018, 04:56:16 am »

Fuckit, Deus Asmoth as a tiebreaker for the moment.  For lurking and generally not bothering to play very much.

What exactly made you feel the need to post this, aside from your addiction to posting filler?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 01, 2018, 07:01:35 am »

Community Extension(3/6 needed)

Also..

Doopliss.

Now that that is out of the way. TBF, your vote on me seems to be made of emotion and intuition, but no proofs. That type of post is like how Caz is playing right now. Why so set on me?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 01, 2018, 09:32:18 am »

I'm genuinely surprised you think Caz might be town however, especially with all the deflection, dismissal, cherry picking, and flat out lies he has done, and that kinda ties in with my hunch and initial worries with you. Still, depending on how the lynch and night turns out, I may or may not make a case. But yeah, for the most part you are a kinda worrying grey area that I'm suspicious of and unsure of.
Perhaps I'm missing these particulars here. I haven't seen any of these except deflection, though in all fairness, I wasn't looking particularly hard. I can certainly take another look, but I am more on the side that Caz is Town than scum, even if by a small margin. It ain't much, but... I suppose I'm just not going to try to think about it that hard. If Caz is scum, then it would do a lot to show IcyTea and you as Town, but if he's not... Then we're even further in the hole. Like, a giant cascading sludgehole full of scummy Townies, and I don't really think there's a whole lot I can do to stop them from all this... insanity. Maybe even stupidity.

I'll vote for an Extend. And since I'm not sure when I'll be back, I'll vote Caz Caz. Maybe I'm blinding myself from the necessary proof that's needed because of how... just... inane Maximum Spin was. It made no sense to do the things he did as Town. He gained nothing from any of it.

What exactly made you feel the need to post this, aside from your addiction to posting filler?
Soooo... is that a yes on delving further and a no on sumhunting others?

I'm pretty sure that the only thing I need to do to counter the narrative, as you put it, is point out that everything I've said about TBF is entirely correct. The reasons you give for being convinced he's town, meanwhile, don't actually hold up when you look at what he's been doing.
So, you don't believe that you should have to delve further or try to scumhunt other people?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 01, 2018, 09:55:51 am »

I needed to secure the waffles because they ensured EXPONENTIAL POWER GROWTH but given we repeated the day and others gained more powers this day it puts a wrench in my plans to be the all-seeing snail of many eyes.
What do you mean by "others gained more powers this day"?

Obviously I didn’t reveal this reason as we already have roleblockers in this game and having to use multiple actions hurts the exponential growthening.
Why didn't you lie, then? Securing the waffles and fighting back as defensively as you did would already imply you're worthwhile for mafia to block. Giving a few hints towards a weak role would have taken attention away from you. You put yourself in a situation that's lose-lose if you're town, but a theoretically valid mindgame if you're scum.

(Btw, everyone seemed to go on FOR YEARS about those pancakes. Did anyone actually notice that webadict quietly secured that ‘roleblock shield’, an item TricMagic wanted destroyed? Tbh (at least to me) that item seemed more town-orientated, but is webadict town? I mean maybe you didn’t go on about it because you’re intimidated by webadict or something. Which sounds really dumb, until you realise that piratejoe literally isn’t voting their #1 scumpick because they DON’T WANT TO GO AGAINST WEBADICT.) Seems legit.
I saw no reason to intervene in someone who I believe to be town getting a good item for cheap.

Anyway, maybe you guys find it fun to pick over endless sentences but tbh a lot of the things we find and use as ‘evidence’ are just as much nonsense from our personal biases as anything. -- Trying to make a pick out of gibberish is essentially random, so you usually pick the ones being least town.
At this point of the game, we use what we have, and we don't have a lot. But better to spin the wheel than let scum decide the lynch, no?

don't currently think its worth it currently to get myself into an argument against the king of this game..
You should try it. It's surprisingly cathartic and entertaining in its own way.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 01, 2018, 11:41:17 am »

I did it because I absolutely do not trust a player who is acting an anit-Town manner with a fucking vote.

As to why I didn't say it, why it was so that mafia wouldn't know who did it and thus get aprehensive. But sure, vote me on that alone. You got anything else on me case-wise, pal? Because I'd love to hear it. Right now all you have is: "Teneb removed a tool from the disruptive player, thus minimizing disruption of the town due to random bullshit".

Didn't think so.

You see, for all the bullshit TricMagic spewed, they were right about one thing: you didn't attack me once this game. Why? Because ain't got a true case on me. So when you or one of your scumbuddies figured out what I could do? You shat your collective pants and decided to go for me.  And I guess you were also a little annoyed at me outing your role, Persus.
Wow, you sure went nuclear. I was pressure voting you because you decided to not claim, but I think given your response I'll keep my vote where it is. Its not like I didn't mention this was going to happen.

Sure, I can see why a town player would want to hide the fact that they can remove votes from other players, but then again so would scum. But if you're going to remove someone's vote, why do it now and not earlier?

You make it out to be a big deal that I haven't attacked you this game. But your posts have been reasonable for the most part, and while I didn't always agree with them, I could see where they were coming from. The only thing I found suspicious before this was that you, Shakerag, and Webadict all decided that DA was scum right when it looked like Caz was going to get lynched. There's also the fact that someone posted as Sheldon in the QT we both have access to, but if that was you, you've done a good job of pretending to be confused by that.

Hell, let me expand that: you should've absolutely have attacked me once you came back from your car trip and learned I threw out your role name to everyone. But you didn't. Why? Because town doesn't attack town, and since you are scum, well, why attack the person you know are town and cause a ruckus?
I've read this post like 4 times, and it still makes no sense. Why should I care that you revealed my role name?

I wasn't voting before I voted Teneb. So I'm not sure how this would have tied up the vote again.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 01, 2018, 11:51:03 am »

Oh wait, got the votecount mixed up.  But my statement is true if you s/Persus/Teneb it.

Anywho Deus Asmoth now that I'm not just retieing the vote.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 59