Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 93095 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 2: The World Falls Over (12/12)
« Reply #510 on: September 28, 2018, 05:26:55 pm »

Quote from: Sheldon
Hey, just so you know, as far as I know I'm still me.

Just don't got a lot to say about this.

Still working on a way to signal if I stop being me. :P

I still think you shouldn't lynch TricMagic, even if I did award him LVP. He's not obviously scum, and the point of mafia is to lynch scum, not town players who just aren't doing what you want. *cough*
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #511 on: September 28, 2018, 06:04:14 pm »

Pardon the interruption, but I think I found something of worth.
TricMagic, can you explain this thing that I found in the earth?

This vote was mostly to confirm something, as well as remove He who shall Lurk.
This He who shall Lurk, what is it and why remove it?
If you think Persus13 is doopliss than perhaps you can finally prove it?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 28, 2018, 06:29:32 pm »

Quote from: Sheldon
Hey, just so you know, as far as I know I'm still me.

Just don't got a lot to say about this.

Still working on a way to signal if I stop being me. :P

I still think you shouldn't lynch TricMagic, even if I did award him LVP. He's not obviously scum, and the point of mafia is to lynch scum, not town players who just aren't doing what you want. *cough*

Bah even the robot is compromised.

Tbh the more TricMagic's fanclub grows the more I want them to hang. It seems beyond coincidence at this point. And re the "He's not obviously scum", the point is WE ARE STILL IN DAY 1 AND HAVE NO INFORMATION ABOUT ANYONE YET (except our ominous resurrecting town ghost) so arguing that you shouldn't lynch them bc we can't be sure they are mafia is saying we shouldn't lynch anyone. So might as well give up at that point.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 28, 2018, 06:36:57 pm »

Tbh the more TricMagic's fanclub grows the more I want them to hang. It seems beyond coincidence at this point. And re the "He's not obviously scum", the point is WE ARE STILL IN DAY 1 AND HAVE NO INFORMATION ABOUT ANYONE YET (except our ominous resurrecting town ghost) so arguing that you shouldn't lynch them bc we can't be sure they are mafia is saying we shouldn't lynch anyone. So might as well give up at that point.
So, to you, because we don't want to lynch a particular person you want to lynch, that is equivalent to not wanting to lynch anyone at all?...I don't think I need to tell you how and wy that logic is...flawed...And no one is arguing because we cant be sure they are mafia, just because there are better choices for who to pick...Like you...Or TBF...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 28, 2018, 06:41:20 pm »

WTF are you even doing, piratejoe.

If you think I'm top scumspect, vote me and not some random other dude.

This makes me think you're trying to do...something inscrutably gambitty, but heavens know I can't tell WTF it is.  So go on and vote me, dammit.

But actually still TricMagic because like
what the actual fuck is with this Doopliss thing
I thought you were done with that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 28, 2018, 06:44:12 pm »

So, to you, because we don't want to lynch a particular person you want to lynch, that is equivalent to not wanting to lynch anyone at all?

I think I said something about not misconstruing my posts previously.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 28, 2018, 06:50:01 pm »

It was on old post.
I just wanted to know what secrets it had host
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 28, 2018, 06:51:23 pm »

As you can probably tell, I don't have a day skill to use like some people do. So I need to get people to talk, and then pick out the inconsistency. The more you post, the more there is to check.

why did you go nuts at day1 twilight? did you actually lose your abilities or... what was that about?

All in all, if he tries again, it will fail, since such a misspelling will be noticed.

Nin.

Fish, please be quiet if you have nothing useful to say. I am not done with the Doopliss thing, if he tries that "p" bit again, it's his fault what happens.

It is not, however, all that useful without that. So for now, yes, the subject is currently tabled.

To note Dude, please remember that Persus supposedly gains power through lurking. The Whole Teneb/Persus bit is tied up with this info.

Nin dude.

I'll grab the start link to his 'p's.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 28, 2018, 06:57:16 pm »

This makes me think you're trying to do...something inscrutably gambitty, but heavens know I can't tell WTF it is.  So go on and vote me, dammit.
Thats a fair enough thing to say, though I listed my reasons for that vote...Going to be completely honest, you telling me to vote for you and not 'some random other dude' has my mind in two sets. Either you are covering for Caz, or you are trying to tell me to go after the one I'm most sure of. And if the latter is true, it means you are telling me to go after the right pick if I'm town even if that pick might be yourself, which I'll admit is a fair point and sounds towny...

This part however, makes me feel like the thought that you are covering for Caz thing isn't completely unjustified. But you have made me a bit unsure...After some thought I think I'm going to lower you to no.2 suspect for now. Don't consider yourself off the hook yet though. I just feel dead certain Caz is 100% natural Scum while you are only very likely scum to me now.

You do realize that there are other people who are a lot more suspicious then TricMagic right? Thats kind of the point of the whole "cant be sure yet" thing, because unlike Tricmagic, I'm quite sure you are infact Scum, and if people actually buy your terrible terrible arguments and vote TricMagic, then at least people will actually believe me when it turns out he is a towny.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 28, 2018, 06:58:35 pm »

TripMagic, do you even read my posts?
TripMagic, you still here? Would you like to make a contribution to the game? Who do you think is scum right now? What could you be doing do find out more information?

... Why the misspell? And voting twice in a row with the same misspelling.

Ah. I also point to this post for why I thought Sheldon actually talked.

What is going on with that anyway, did he speak in it?

Links to said posts in post.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 28, 2018, 08:09:53 pm »

webadict,
Are you seriously trying to make a case for Persus' role based on a single letter? After someone else already said what Persus' rolename is?
{Tric}'s scum. He's trying to hunt rolenames instead of alignments because it's psychologically easier to do. Most people fall for the "third parties" hole as scum. Even me. It's easier to convince yourself that you're going after something of importance.
I think TricMagic might be suspicious, but the bandwagons building on both are incongruous to something the Town would do.

I will say that TricMagic is a tad suspicious, but I think he's not the right person to focus on. I think he would be a better choice for Tomorrow or Day 4, after a scum player has been lynched. He isn't enough of a threat to lynch.
I missed this the first time round, but what caused your change in opinion on Tric from the end of day 1 to now? Or do you still think he's scum and just not a priority?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 28, 2018, 09:08:18 pm »

As you can probably tell, I don't have a day skill to use like some people do. So I need to get people to talk, and then pick out the inconsistency. The more you post, the more there is to check.

why did you go nuts at day1 twilight? did you actually lose your abilities or... what was that about?

All in all, if he tries again, it will fail, since such a misspelling will be noticed.

Nin.

Fish, please be quiet if you have nothing useful to say. I am not done with the Doopliss thing, if he tries that "p" bit again, it's his fault what happens.

It is not, however, all that useful without that. So for now, yes, the subject is currently tabled.

To note Dude, please remember that Persus supposedly gains power through lurking. The Whole Teneb/Persus bit is tied up with this info.

Nin dude.

I'll grab the start link to his 'p's.
Dude it's most likely just a misspelling, goddamnit stop chasing shadows.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 29, 2018, 09:22:58 am »

Sorry guys. DnD ran long last night, and I never got a chance to reply. Now, I'm still trying to wake up, so hopefully, everything's making sense.

webadict,
Are you seriously trying to make a case for Persus' role based on a single letter? After someone else already said what Persus' rolename is?
{Tric}'s scum. He's trying to hunt rolenames instead of alignments because it's psychologically easier to do. Most people fall for the "third parties" hole as scum. Even me. It's easier to convince yourself that you're going after something of importance.
I think TricMagic might be suspicious, but the bandwagons building on both are incongruous to something the Town would do.

I will say that TricMagic is a tad suspicious, but I think he's not the right person to focus on. I think he would be a better choice for Tomorrow or Day 4, after a scum player has been lynched. He isn't enough of a threat to lynch.
I missed this the first time round, but what caused your change in opinion on Tric from the end of day 1 to now? Or do you still think he's scum and just not a priority?
I don't know what to think about Tric. Sometimes I think he's Town and sometimes I think he's scum. I'd love to use a lynch to find out, but I simply don't have the luxury right now. Simply, he's not the best choice from my standpoint. I mean, I ain't pulling the pin on that grenade again. Halfway through, I'll change my mind and hope that they do something not scummy, and then boom, get MaxSpin2.0. It's just better to lynch someone scummy, ya dig?

Dude it's most likely just a misspelling, goddamnit stop chasing shadows.
Tric, stfu, and listen the TBF. You're gonna get lynched if you don't, and it only makes you look bad. Jesus.

Caz, stfu. You look like scum when you do thing like this without portraying their original meaning. It's too defensive. God, I have to make a list of all these stupid things, don't I?

TBF... do the opposite of stfu, but do it with more evidence please. You're doing it all wrong. You're not me.

What even is this? Stop the nonsense. Sh. Nobody cares about Doopelgangers. Can you even relate this to how you think Tric is scum?

ninja'd naturally. though with the answer i was hoping for.

so piratejoe - to be clear, your #1 suspect is TBF.  you know there's several votes on them already right? but you're voting... me? i can't get my head around that one, and it's not because of OMGUS reasons.
Wtf kinda argument to protect yourself is that? "That guy already HAS votes on him, therefore, it's better to bandwagon the fish."

Dude, WHY are you making yourself look bad? I'll defend stupid arguments against you about spending, but now you're just giving bad arguments. I'm starting to come around to a Caz lynch.

That's good for now. I'm gonna try and wake up more.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 29, 2018, 09:46:27 am »

What even is this? Stop the nonsense. Sh. Nobody cares about Doopelgangers. Can you even relate this to how you think Tric is scum?
I thought He who shall lurk might have been some sort of debuff inflicted on him by Persus13, so I wanted more details on it, thinking it might help determine if Persus13 might be scum or not.
Unfortunately the only answer I got from Tric was a bunch of idiotic nonsense and now I seriously regret asking.

When Tric made this post:
*snip*
It would be honestly better to just click the quote link.
I genuinely wanted to punch him in the face because of how useless and detached from my question it was.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 29, 2018, 09:51:33 am »

Of course I'm a bit detached, I thought we had gone over this stuff already.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 59