Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 93068 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 2: The World Falls Over (12/12)
« Reply #495 on: September 28, 2018, 04:23:31 pm »

piratejoe:
Okay then, fine. I'll vote, and since I know that one of the big players is going to defend my no.1 suspect, for the time being until TBF inevitably does something sus today, I'll vote for you Caz, happy now?
So who is your number 1 suspect currently? Do you mean that it's TBF, or someone else?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 28, 2018, 04:27:50 pm »

So who is your number 1 suspect currently? Do you mean that it's TBF, or someone else?
No.1 is TBF, though that might change depending on what Caz does... Still, I fully expect him to just dig his own grave so I feel safe in not completely perusing him at this time...especially when his guard at the moment is the one who use to be king of this game.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 28, 2018, 04:31:47 pm »

Let me try differently:  In what way or ways do you feel that IcyTea is too focused on the money aspect of the game?

Didn't I put a whole reasoning on that post? (back in the mists of time, when RVS was new and fresh and didn't want to make us pull out our eyestalks) I think they kept arguing about being able to outbid scum if necessary but I said that it didn't matter that much because if scum were bidding that much they would be showing themselves through all the wealth they had. he was focused on his money role being an anti-scum town asset and we argued against that being likely or needed or whatever. that and they didn't need to reveal their role when they didn't try to outbid me anyway. it just seemed like they brought up the whole thing to look more townie.

...which is actually an interesting point i forgot until now.

I guess as long as it looks like you're trying to scumhunt, it doesn't matter about the content, right?
This is rich, coming from you.  Are you genuinely calling me out on a lack of scumhunting?[/quote]

meh, not really.

Okay then, fine. I'll vote, and since I know that one of the big players is going to defend my no.1 suspect, for the time being until TBF inevitably does something sus today, I'll vote for you Caz, happy now?

ooh, this is interesting. i have a reply to this but first i have to ask who is your #1 suspect and why the hell are you keeping it a secret from everyone??

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 28, 2018, 04:34:51 pm »

ninja'd naturally. though with the answer i was hoping for.

so piratejoe - to be clear, your #1 suspect is TBF.  you know there's several votes on them already right? but you're voting... me? i can't get my head around that one, and it's not because of OMGUS reasons.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 28, 2018, 04:38:58 pm »

No.1 is TBF, though that might change depending on what Caz does... Still, I fully expect him to just dig his own grave so I feel safe in not completely perusing him at this time...especially when his guard at the moment is the one who use to be king of this game.
If you think someone is on the scumteam, you shouldn't be worried about getting attention from other players for you pressuring them.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 28, 2018, 04:41:35 pm »

Or he could be, y'know, learning how to play the game on the fly.

They're new?? I SWEAR TricMagic has been in other games, wtf.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 28, 2018, 04:46:27 pm »

See? Look at you guys! You make me proud, being all active and stuff. Please forgive my laziness/inability to do a qhole heck of a lot at the moment. I'll probably reply to a few posts (one at a time), since it's easier to do by phone. I'll be able to go home soon... someday.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 28, 2018, 04:49:23 pm »

Or he could be, y'know, learning how to play the game on the fly.

He was in MaxSpin's last bastard game.
His skills there and his skills here are about the same.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 28, 2018, 04:51:55 pm »

ooh, this is interesting. i have a reply to this but first i have to ask who is your #1 suspect and why the hell are you keeping it a secret from everyone??
Further proof you haven't been paying attention as I have stated everyone on the list at this point, which at this moment is 5. webadict 4. IcyTea 3. Teneb  2. Caz and lastly 1. TBF. I have said over my posts the five I'm most suspect of, so good job.

so piratejoe - to be clear, your #1 suspect is TBF.  you know there's several votes on them already right? but you're voting... me? i can't get my head around that one, and it's not because of OMGUS reasons.
Yes, because of a few reasons. 1. It allows me to see how you react. 2. TBF is going to and is already defended by Webadict who I know will fight tooth and nail to save him from getting lynched. 3. I'm certain TBF will dig his grave and make it obvious he is a no brainer target to be lynched. 4. If TBF isn't Lynched, then that means Tricmagic will be and considering how little I trust you, that means we lose a member of the town, and I want to shift those votes on Tric Magic to you so that way we have a lynch between what I believe is a scum and another scum. If it comes down to it, I will vote up TBF at the last minute to save Tric, though I won't do such a thing if it results in a tie as I'd rather not give the mafia a free lynch...

Just note, if TricMagic gets lynched and is innocent, your next

He was referring to me...

If you think someone is on the scumteam, you shouldn't be worried about getting attention from other players for you pressuring them.
Alright, so in other words, don't draw attention to myself and just let people who pay attention make their own decision I take it. Sounds fair so long as people pay attention. I would like however for The Bigger Fish to actually try and argue his case though. Give him a chance to put him lower on the list and make Caz my no. 1...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 28, 2018, 05:04:23 pm »

If it comes down to it, I will vote up TBF at the last minute to save Tric, though I won't do such a thing if it results in a tie as I'd rather not give the mafia a free lynch...

wow, that's a lot of devotion you have for tricmagic. but i'm glad you're finally being honest about why you hadn't voted up until now, you apparently want to decide the vote single handedly. you know if you actually try this you will end up calling a mislynch where scum decides who goes? or is that not a concern for you or even a distinction you're willing to make???

scary stuff indeed. i reckon we test it

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 28, 2018, 05:05:41 pm »

Alright, so in other words, don't draw attention to myself and just let people who pay attention make their own decision I take it. Sounds fair so long as people pay attention. I would like however for The Bigger Fish to actually try and argue his case though. Give him a chance to put him lower on the list and make Caz my no. 1...

Not really "don't draw attention to yourself", more "you might draw attention to yourself, but if your arguments are sound then there isn't really much to worry about". As an aside, you say you want to give TBF a chance to put himself lower on your list, but here's the thing: It doesn't matter who you say is your number 1, because the person you're voting for is the only one directly at risk of dying due to your actions. If you say someone is your number 1 but you're voting for someone else, what incentive does your number 1 then have to make themselves less suspicious in your eyes?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #506 on: September 28, 2018, 05:10:13 pm »

Forgive me, but your question? Site being down for two days and all.
I mean, I did just answer a question Caz...

Congrats on filling the minimum effort needed for people to remember that you even participate. You answered a question, wow, such amaze.

Day 1.

This right here, this is proof you haven't been paying attention... At least you are proving to me I might not have been hasty in my decision to elevate you to No.2.

So not paying attention is scummy again now. Unless you're TricMagic I guess. They can ignore questions and post literal gibberish all day and it's all good man.

Right, you seem to be forgetful as well.. Just a quick check of your posts and We Get A Contradiction~

Please keep the text semi-linear. Saying one thing and then saying something else isn't the best strategy.

As you can probably tell, I don't have a day skill to use like some people do. So I need to get people to talk, and then pick out the inconsistency. The more you post, the more there is to check.

This isn't even worthy of a ninja.

scary stuff indeed. i reckon we test it

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #507 on: September 28, 2018, 05:13:28 pm »

As you can probably tell, I don't have a day skill to use like some people do. So I need to get people to talk, and then pick out the inconsistency. The more you post, the more there is to check.

why did you go nuts at day1 twilight? did you actually lose your abilities or... what was that about?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 28, 2018, 05:19:10 pm »

wow, that's a lot of devotion you have for tricmagic. but i'm glad you're finally being honest about why you hadn't voted up until now, you apparently want to decide the vote single handedly. you know if you actually try this you will end up calling a mislynch where scum decides who goes? or is that not a concern for you or even a distinction you're willing to make???
Finally being honest? I was honest to begin with, but if you want to play that game, well...You have been awfully forgetful, haven't you? And no, I don't want to decide the vote single handedly, I want to make sure that your actions don't get an innocent person killed. And I literally said that I would do it unless it caused a tie that would allow the scum to kill someone, but of course, as always, you don't pay attention and ignore everything blissfully. To get the direct quote.

Yes, because of a few reasons. 1. It allows me to see how you react. 2. TBF is going to and is already defended by Webadict who I know will fight tooth and nail to save him from getting lynched. 3. I'm certain TBF will dig his grave and make it obvious he is a no brainer target to be lynched. 4. If TBF isn't Lynched, then that means Tricmagic will be and considering how little I trust you, that means we lose a member of the town, and I want to shift those votes on Tric Magic to you so that way we have a lynch between what I believe is a scum and another scum. If it comes down to it, I will vote up TBF at the last minute to save Tric, though I won't do such a thing if it results in a tie as I'd rather not give the mafia a free lynch...

Not really "don't draw attention to yourself", more "you might draw attention to yourself, but if your arguments are sound then there isn't really much to worry about". As an aside, you say you want to give TBF a chance to put himself lower on your list, but here's the thing: It doesn't matter who you say is your number 1, because the person you're voting for is the only one directly at risk of dying due to your actions. If you say someone is your number 1 but you're voting for someone else, what incentive does your number 1 then have to make themselves less suspicious in your eyes?
Makes sense...As for TBF being No.1 suspect, he is a special case at the moment...I guess for now I'll make him no.2 until he defends himself so I can have a better view on him. After all, the way Caz has reacted to what I have said is really sus to me, so him becoming No.1 is a fair enough thing until TBF can actually prove my suspicions wrong or right.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 28, 2018, 05:22:09 pm »

All in all, if he tries again, it will fail, since such a misspelling will be noticed.

Nin.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 59