Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 59

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 4: We're Done Here  (Read 93062 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 4: Day 1: Er, What (13/12)
« Reply #300 on: September 25, 2018, 01:27:47 pm »

First question was about me following Icytea..

He says he's a roleblocker, so I'm hoping someone will track him tonight. Voting him out now without info is not something I'm going to do. Let's see what he does first.

Second is for my vote against Persus.

He is the one who gains power through lurking. But he has since spoken up to protect a secret Chat contact, while apparently Sheldon can barge into one.

2 ninja, but the posting stands.

This vote was mostly to confirm something, as well as remove He who shall Lurk.

As for something in your post. This site was down for 2 days, of course I couldn't answer then. Was about to after reading when I woke up, but the site stopped. And circumstances changed.

Also, that first question I didn't answer? Why do you think I didn't? Web was going out against quite a few, and I have already made posts about letting a tracker confirm his claim.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 25, 2018, 01:31:06 pm »

....K. Mis edit...

He says he's a roleblocker, so I'm hoping someone will track him tonight. Voting him out now without info is not something I'm going to do. Let's see what he does first.

Second is for my vote against Persus.

He is the one who gains power through lurking. But he has since spoken up to protect a secret Chat contact, while apparently Sheldon can barge into one.

This vote was mostly to confirm something, as well as remove He who shall Lurk.

As for something in your post. This site was down for 2 days, of course I couldn't answer then. Was about to after reading when I woke up, but the site stopped. And circumstances changed.

Also, that first question I didn't answer? Why do you think I didn't? Web was going out against quite a few, and I have already made posts about letting a tracker confirm his claim.

2 ninja, but the posting stands.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 25, 2018, 01:58:41 pm »

Okay, I'm soon going to no longer be able to continue until tomorrow, and I still have only a general idea of what's really going on. Could someone please give me a quick recap and links to any important posts? Otherwise, I'll have to continue tomorrow.

Sorry, I think I should have asked for a replacement during last week, but I couldn't access the forums since they apparently were down for everyone.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 25, 2018, 02:09:21 pm »

Reason 2: I have no use for that Item on bid, but Mafia does. I would rather see it gone than sold.
How do you know what the mafia have and have not got a use for?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 25, 2018, 02:15:43 pm »

Auction bids are public. Highest bid at the end of each auction takes the ability. Auctioned abilities are either fully or partially revealed.

Current auction: (3-Shot, Night): Roleblock Shield [target/self]: Make your target immune to all roleblocks tonight.
Auction ends: 7:00 PM Central/Forum time Wednesday.

Can be used on yourself, or an ally. And Icytea is apparently the roleblocker. Add on to it being a 3-shot, and it's dangerous in their hands. Simple Deduction, thouhgh those waffles can also apply to this logic.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 25, 2018, 02:33:27 pm »

I don't think following me is going to give a lot of information, considering my target can confirm that they were blocked anyway. With no mafiakill, I probably wouldn't do anything else even if I were scum.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 25, 2018, 02:35:29 pm »

It does confirm you went out though, and the roleblocked can confirm your role. That solidifies it.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 25, 2018, 02:42:03 pm »

But it doesn't confirm my alignment. I'd use it to look for an unknown action.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 25, 2018, 02:42:48 pm »

What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?

Or rather, what happens if the Roleblock Shield (Make your target immune to all roleblocks) is used upon [target A] while IcyTea (unblockable roleblocker) blocks [target A]?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 25, 2018, 02:44:53 pm »

Based on how I read my ability, the shield wins.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 25, 2018, 02:49:09 pm »

Yeah, makes sense. I just noticed the 3-shot part, so that item is pretty powerful.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 25, 2018, 03:58:23 pm »

The fact that it counters Icytea's roleblock is a point we can't forget.
Not even a lynch can stop that so if the wrong team gets it, there will be deep regret.

Webadcit is currently leading with $18 and though I do think he's town, in the past he has pulled off some insane gambits and serious shit went down.

To have a deep discussion would be most fruitful
and it will help us discover signs that people aren't being truthful
There are only benefits if we have a chat.
Before we decide who deserves that.
And maybe by then Sheldon will come back with something useful
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 25, 2018, 04:05:47 pm »

The fact that it counters Icytea's roleblock is a point we can't forget.
Not even a lynch can stop that so if the wrong team gets it, there will be deep regret.

Webadcit is currently leading with $18 and though I do think he's town, in the past he has pulled off some insane gambits and serious shit went down.

To have a deep discussion would be most fruitful
and it will help us discover signs that people aren't being truthful
There are only benefits if we have a chat.
Before we decide who deserves that.
And maybe by then Sheldon will come back with something useful
I expect only the best and exquisite gambits from me. But, if it makes you feel better, I actually never plan to use it. I have other, better actions to use. Like my 50 inspects. Really, it's just in case I want the option. Alternatively, I'm bidding to raise the cost and see who wants it more than I do, because I literally don't need or want it, since I have no Night actions. Also, if I buy items from the Grand Exchange, I can convert them into Bonds.

Take your pick of which explanation you want. I have more. This item is probably worth $23 if I did the math right.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 25, 2018, 06:21:06 pm »

In the exact same context? 48 or 49. Anything lower wouldn't make sense for the purpose of taunting someone to outbid him, which would seem to be the bid's purpose. A bid of 50, however, only invites bids above itself, meaning the bid also invites someone to reveal their extra income. Caz didn't seem particularly interested in that, so I drew another conclusion: that the bid's real purpose was to secure the item.
I mean, Caz did say this:
Tbh I wanted to see if anyone would show that they had more than 50$ by outbidding me but then IcyTea claimed that without bidding anyway.
So that would imply that the first interpretation is correct. On the other hand, I just don't think I get why someone bidding the amount that is most likely to secure an item that they want to obtain is a red flag for you in the first place.

Also:
Someone Anonymous tries to bid 27$. Unfortunately the bid is already higher.
Sheldon made a bid in the same post as this, and webadict is already in this game. So this may be something to keep an eye on.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 25, 2018, 06:34:14 pm »

Also:
Someone Anonymous tries to bid 27$. Unfortunately the bid is already higher.
Sheldon made a bid in the same post as this, and webadict is already in this game. So this may be something to keep an eye on.
I would like to posit that I did not and probably would not try to outbid myself anonymously.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 59