Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36

Author Topic: CULT  (Read 73242 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: CULT
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2018, 08:17:35 pm »

Examine the purchased books with the orb of the Red Scholar in attendance.  Did I find anything interesting occult-wise?

Spoiler: Sean O'Malley (click to show/hide)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2018, 08:38:03 pm »

Well, the night club isn't a total bust. It'll be expensive to own, but we'll have enough space to do as we please.

Take another bus back to my (shitty)apartment and pick up some magazines, and a icebox with some beers in it.  Then, take a second bus back to the abandoned building our cult is hiding out in.

Spoiler: Lance Robbins (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2018, 08:41:09 pm »

"Screw those other guys. We gotta get in on this right now." Helen said as she set her camera on the counter so that it points at her.
"And the best way to do this..." she added as she run back to stand next to her gal pal.
"Is with a montage!" she concluded, pointing at the camera and winking.

This place is awesome! We'll take it! Contact the others and tell them we're turning it into our temple and they should come help. Then rent this place and start turning it into our temple. And since this is the 80s, the best way to do that is with a montage!

Edit: Dev is worried I'll decide our temple single-handedly, so don't actually do that. Just start preparing to turn this place into a temple. Do NOT turn this place into a temple just yet.

Spoiler: Helen "The Recorder" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 06:21:54 pm by Parisbre56 »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2018, 02:30:59 pm »

"By the way, Alexander, was it? From the look of you, you used to be an army man. How's your aim?"
Alexander smiles and nods affirmitive before replying. "Cpl. Alexander Sill, 82nd Airborne. Medical discharge after Urgent Fury. You?" He shrugs. "And not bad, though it's been a while, and I wouldn't exactly call myself a crack shot."

Yeah, let's check out the back rooms, then perhaps take a closer look at the pulpit. "Either of you have any idea what could have done that?"

Spoiler: Alexander Sill (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 03:29:13 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2018, 02:37:18 pm »

Use my point of favor in Possessions, leveling it up to 1d12. Try to use my "Possessions" and find a book that has the sigil of the Scholar.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2018, 02:44:40 pm »

Alexander smiles and nods affirmitive before replying. "Cpl. Alexander Sill, 82nd Airborne. Medical discharge after Urgent Fury. You?" He shrugs. "And not bad, though it's been a while, and I wouldn't exactly call myself a crack shot."

"Gunnery sergeant Murphy, 1st marine division. Medical discharge after I got caught by Charlie and they beat me into uselessness. I tell ya son, never understimate a tiny asian man in a funny hat.

Anyway, my hands aren't what they used to be.Why don't you hold on to my old shotgun, just in case?"

Hand over my shotgun (Remington 870, shortened barrel, pistol grip, loaded) and the handful of shotgun shells to Alexander. Then join him into checking the back rooms, shining the flashlight so we can see what we're doing. Keep my eyes open for basements or otherwise hidden (trap)doors.

Spoiler: Walton J. Murphy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 03:03:06 pm by Pancaek »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2018, 03:00:12 pm »

"Gunnery sergeant Murphy, 1st marine division. Medical discharge after I got caught by Charlie and they beat me into uselessness. I tell ya son, never understimate a tiny asian man in a funny hat.

Anyway, my hands aren't what they used to be. Why don't you hold on to my old shotgun, just in case?"

"Sure thing; I'll take good care of it. Do you want to carry the flashlight, then?"

((Shotgun added to inventory in previous post))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2018, 03:02:36 pm »

"Sure thing; I'll take good care of it. Do you want to carry the flashlight, then?"

"Yeah, that'd be swell."

((added flashlight to previous post))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2018, 03:06:56 pm »

"Easy Helen.  Lets at least let the others come back first.  That does sound pretty good, though."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2018, 04:51:17 pm »

"Easy Helen.  Lets at least let the others come back first.  That does sound pretty good, though."
"B-b-but..." Helen complained, raising her arms in frustration.
"Montage!" she exclaimed, as if that explained everything.

((Don't worry, I'm pretty sure that action will fail. And if it doesn't, hey, free temple. The more the merrier.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2018, 05:04:59 pm »

((I'll go with anywhere, I just don't want it to be one person deciding it via cutscene powers.  Probably vote for one when everyone is done investigating.))

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2018, 05:57:28 pm »

Could I still join?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2018, 06:19:10 pm »

((I'll go with anywhere, I just don't want it to be one person deciding it via cutscene powers.  Probably vote for one when everyone is done investigating.))
((Again, I don't think that's likely to happen and I don't think we're limited to only 1 temple, so I don't think it would be a bad thing if I somehow did turn it into a temple single-handedly. Still, there's no hurry, so I'll just edit my action to be on the safe side.))

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2018, 06:47:04 pm »

"He's right, Helen. Eventually, we will need to vote on which place to set up the temple. Whatever place that gets selected will be where the Scholar will rest and the other places will be used as fallback assuming they are still available. In the meantime, let's price this place and check on the others."

After dealing with Helen's antics, go inquire about the rent and utilities for the place. After that, go check on the others, starting with the New Age shop.

Spoiler: Alexis L. Cromwald (click to show/hide)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2018, 06:52:52 pm »

Research everything I can about Diane Flemming. Her past, her family, her occupation, her standing in the community, etc.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36