Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Dark Secret "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: GAME OVER! MAFIA WIN!  (Read 58649 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Blistering "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: FIRST DAWN
« Reply #315 on: August 31, 2018, 11:03:11 pm »

Deus Asmoth: Can the town win without you dying or otherwise changing from your current state?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 01, 2018, 01:08:57 am »

Well since I explode if I don't tell the truth and I've said I have a revive without exploding that probably means I have a revive.

But have you had that requirement the entire game?  If it was conferred to you by TricMagic's death, then you can say, "I've said I have a revive" and still maintain technical truth (since you did, in fact, say that).  This seems hinky to death.

Deus Asmoth
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 01, 2018, 11:11:47 am »

Interestingly, the vote count error looked sorta like spiders climbing over everything.
~~~
The Spiders. Deus didn't explode when he said that the spiders attacked him and stole his vote, right? I don't feel like having those spiders around. Unless someone claims having that power and being town. In which case I'll vote them and interrogate, instead.

Wait, hold on.

Deus Asmoth.
I have been informed that I should have said that the auto doesn't change my wincon.
DA: are you town?
To clarify this, I apparently can't answer 'yes' to this question. I have an auto that makes my alignment appear as cult (presumably to balance out the whole reviving thing), so I guess it'd be technically untrue to claim my alignment as town. It doesn't have any effect on my wincon though.
Something seems off here.

If the auto doesn't change his wincon, why would it be technically untrue to claim his alignment as town? Does what you inspect as change your alignment?
The passive says I alignment inspect as cult, so I guess it affects the technicalities of what my alignment is.

Deus Asmoth: Can the town win without you dying or otherwise changing from your current state?
As far as I know, every town player player can win without me dying or changing. Obviously I don't know if some other player requires me to be dead to win.

Well since I explode if I don't tell the truth and I've said I have a revive without exploding that probably means I have a revive.

But have you had that requirement the entire game?  If it was conferred to you by TricMagic's death, then you can say, "I've said I have a revive" and still maintain technical truth (since you did, in fact, say that).  This seems hinky to death.

Deus Asmoth
I feel like you're not paying attention to what's happening.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 01, 2018, 03:10:00 pm »

With less than half of all players voting, the day drags itself on a little farther despite eight broken legs. The bloody streak it leaves across town nicely accents the smears of TricMagic and Deus Asmoth, like the symbol ࿊. You don't have long to dwell on the symbolism, but you have a little longer.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 01, 2018, 04:05:25 pm »

FallacyofUrist.

Deus Asmoth is not the right choice here. Taking out the unknown of the death miller is less than ideal, but it beats lynching the one who's all but been mod-confirmed innocent.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 01, 2018, 04:06:40 pm »

And by 'less than ideal' I mean that there probably are smarter choices, but lynching FoU is fine as a backup plan.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 01, 2018, 05:21:08 pm »

(Sorry for not being able to post for a while, got distracted with others things and I was too busy to write a reply.)

I still believe that a FoU lynch would tell us absolutely nothing because of being a death miller. His death flip would be indistinguible from the actual thing and while he might be lying, we wouldn't be able to confirm if we did lynch a member of an anti-town faction or if we instead mislynched and afre closer to losing. I'm not sure if it's even better than lynching a normal townie since we at least would know that we did something wrong.

Still, it's better than lynching Deus Asmoth as he literally can't lie, and the possibility that FoU is lying remains. It would make sense to fakeclaim such thing, leaving the town confused and making us dobut lynching him. 

Because of the lack of options, FoU is the only thing left. But maybe it would be best to not lynch him now because of this:

1. So the technical truth here is 'no', since I'm currently blocked. The other technical truth is 'no', since I can't gain a charge of my revive ability today since I'm unable to vote. The expanded truth is I can revive him as things currently stand, but someone else will die if I use the ability. The further expanded truth is that I will be able to revive him without killing anyone else after tomorrow's lynch if I'm the last person to vote for the person lynched and I don't get blocked again.

Maybe we should let Deus Asmoth try to revive TricMagic using FoU as the "sacrifice". Another confirmed townie that can't lie and also make others unable to lie on death. We could try to revive tomorrow using FoU lynch or maybe even today if Deus can choose wo is going to die in exchange. At least better than just lynching the death miller as we get a confirmed townie in return.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 01, 2018, 06:40:16 pm »

What difference do you see between lynching FoU and someone else dying to revive Tric, and lynching someone else and killing FoU to revive Tric? Or do you want to no-lynch?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 01, 2018, 07:09:09 pm »

I would rather not no-lynch since it's wasting the day. I'm just saying that he seems to be the best candidate for it if you can revive TricMagic right now using someone as a sacrifice.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Unpeeled "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: N1 GO GO GO
« Reply #324 on: September 01, 2018, 07:15:27 pm »

The sun slides off the sky like an egg from a tipped plate. Night falls hard with a thud that reverberates through all five corners of Clooneyville Square. That thud is the sound of Deus Asmoth's head sliding off his body like an egg from a tipped plate and hitting the cold flagstones. Afterward, nobody will admit to remembering exactly whose hand was on the knife, but what does that matter when justice was done as the mob demanded?

Deus Asmoth is dead.
Deus Asmoth was: An Actual Magic: the Gathering Card (cult)
(word: Emrakul)
   -Aurora of Emrakul (auto): Every time your vote is the last vote placed on a successfully lynched player, gain a shot in The Promised End.
   -The Promised End (day; 0-shot): All dead players are revived and gain the Boon of Emrakul ability. They are now obliged to act as your allies.
   -Grapple with the Past (targets 2; night): Target one living player and one dead player; the living player dies and the dead player returns to life. If either effect fails to take place for any reason, neither does.
   -Hand of Emrakul (day; special-shot): At least two living players must have the ability Boon of Emrakul for this ability to be triggered. All players with the ability Boon of Emrakul die. The day immediately ends, and all votes except yours are discarded. You have chosen, and it shall be done. Naturally, this vote will not trigger Aurora of Emrakul; that would make it too easy.
   -Coax from the Blind Eternities (targets 1; night): Target a dead player with the ability Boon of Emrakul; that player returns to life.
   -Otherworldly Outburst (targets 1; day): Your target becomes weakened; a weakened target may die under various circumstances, most importantly upon a second exposure to a weakening ability. If the target dies as a result of this weakening, he gains the ability Boon of Emrakul in death and can thus be targeted by Coax from the Blind Eternities.
   -Vestige of Emrakul (auto): If you die while players with Boon of Emrakul still live, each such player gains the ability Exultant Cultist.
   -The Worst Policy (day; auto): Every objective statement you make in the day thread must be technically truthful. You may consult the GM on whether a statement is permissible, and make your arguments for why it should be so, although the verdict is final. If you fail to tell the truth, you explode.
   -Deathbed Confession (auto): You have received words of incredible but undeniable truth! Every night, you learn the role name of a random player, though you will not be told which player. Each day, you may choose a player to whom to pass on this truth; that player will receive the name of the player whose role you learned the preceding night, though not the role name.

It is now nighttime. Sinister undertakings proceed apace.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Hi-Def "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: SECOND DAWN
« Reply #325 on: September 03, 2018, 04:59:49 pm »

The second day dawns. Those of you who begin it alive all feel that it's a good day. Those of you who are now dead may dispute that, but you don't get a vote. The eggy sun slides back onto the plate like a recording played in reverse, which it is, because the mayor felt that budgeting for both a sunset and a sunrise would be too extravagant. Clooneyville's official-slash-only town rooster, Minimum Spin, crows his daily cry, the chorus of Gorillaz' Clint Eastwood on endless repeat. The darkness and shadow of night drains away into the storm grates embedded in every street, flowing off to the Municipal Darkness Treatment Plant to be discharged into the ocean. At the centre of town, that discharge carries an unfamiliar tinge, coloured by the dripping blood of the body left behind to remind you all of what you're doing here. Gruesomely decapitated and shot in the gut for good measure, then wrung out and left to dry, Doomchild's mortal remains present an unspeakable picture, revealing those dark secrets he hid concerning his nature and purpose. Yet that shriveled and dessicated body is not even the only one to be found in Clooneyville this morning: not too far away, just outside his home in the east residential district, Rockeater lies stabbed through the heart, a strange green horse chewing on his face. Someone shoos away the horse; it snorts and whinnies before trotting out into the forest outside town. Four deaths in just a day and a night — actually slightly beneath Clooneyville's typical death rate from motor vehicle accidents alone, but still something worth thinking about. The glum business of deciding how best to make it "five in two days" commences.

Doomchild is dead.
Doomchild was: Tentacool (town)
(word: tentacle)
   -In Case It Wasn't Clear, You Are A Pokémon (auto): Some of your abilities are 'moves' that have PP instead of shots. If you somehow manage to use all 120 PP worth of moves available to you, you gain the ability Struggle. I don't foresee this happening, but it was thematic, so I added it.
   -Poison Sting (targets 1; night; 35 PP): Poison Sting may kill a weakened target and has a 30% chance of poisoning the target. A poisoned target is weakened and will die in 2d4 cycles.
   -Supersonic (targets 1; night; 20 PP): There is a 55% chance that your target becomes confused. In the event of failure, your attack misses and may hit another player. A confused player remains confused for 1d4 turns; while confused, a player's abilities are redirected to random targets and may fire even if unused.
   -Constrict (targets 1; night; 35 PP): Constrict may kill a weakened target; a surviving target is roleblocked. I know that sounds more like Wrap, but you aren't level 19 yet.
   -Acid (night; 30 PP): Acid weakens players who visit you this phase and may kill players who are already weakened.
   -Evolve! (night; 1-shot): Instead of using a move, you can evolve into a Tentacruel instead. If you do, your role name changes to "Tentacruel" and the base chance of weakening and killing a weakened player for all your moves increases. Poison Sting's 30% chance of poisoning is unaffected. Your moveset doesn't change because your trainer is an asshole, sorry.

Rockeater is dead.
Rockeater was: Horsemen of the Apocalypse (serial killer)
(word: apocalypse)
   -Rapture (auto): While you live, half of all living players, not including you, will be randomly selected every cycle; selected players are immune to death caused by any ability, though they can be weakened. You will not be told which players are invulnerable.
   -Conquest (targets 1; night): Your target is roleblocked; if your target has more than one ability available that could theoretically be used during the next cycle, one such ability is randomly chosen and the player will be obliged to use it in the appropriate phase. This ability cannot be used consecutively.
   -War (targets 1; night): Your target is redirected to a random player, while the chosen player is also redirected to your target. If either player uses any ability during this phase, the other player is weakened; weakened players may immediately die under various circumstances, most importantly if exposed to any weakening ability a second time. Note that abilities that would cure this weakness or protect from such death will do so normally. This ability cannot be used consecutively.
   -Famine (targets 1; night): Your target is roleblocked and loses all abilities gained since the start of the game, returning him to the initial role state. Shot totals in abilities which existed at the start of the game are not affected, and, if the target somehow later regains any lost abilities, shots possessed at the time of loss will also be restored. Furthermore, the target cannot be killed by any means tonight, and may not vote in the next day phase. This ability cannot be used consecutively.
   -Death (targets 1; night): Your target dies, even if protected by the effects of Rapture. It's really that simple. However, your target is allowed to challenge you to a game of basketball for his soul! I can't imagine why that would ever come up, though. This ability cannot be used consecutively.

It is now daytime again. PROCEED TO KILL ONE ANOTHER FOR MY AMUSEMENT.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 03, 2018, 05:11:47 pm »

Ah, so that's why basketball is relevant.

It looks like I was right about Deus Asmoth. That ability is freaking terrifying, also. Turn everyone who dies into cultists? That's a nopefest right there.

Interesting points!

I was weakened yesterday, as well as last night. That probably should have killed me, meaning that something saved my life.
I got a weird message saying that there is a second cult leader in the game. No idea if it's true or not.
I tried to use my werewolf sniffing powers to track+watch Egan. If I'm reading my results right, he visited everyone. Huh.
What the heck is with these colors?

Let's open up with a vote on Egan_BW for being so smelly. And apparently visiting everyone. Do explain.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 03, 2018, 05:18:33 pm »

These two both happened to have thematic colouration instead of time-of-use colouration! The Tentacool moves are coloured by type (purple for poison) and the Horsemen of the Apocalypse are coloured by their horse colour. Note that white things may appear black if you are a BAD PERSON who does not use Darkling.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 03, 2018, 05:23:45 pm »

Aaaaand is there any chance you could tell us what time-of-use coloration is?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 03, 2018, 05:33:01 pm »

Ah, so that's why basketball is relevant.

It looks like I was right about Deus Asmoth. That ability is freaking terrifying, also. Turn everyone who dies into cultists? That's a nopefest right there.

Interesting points!

I was weakened yesterday, as well as last night. That probably should have killed me, meaning that something saved my life.
I got a weird message saying that there is a second cult leader in the game. No idea if it's true or not.
I tried to use my werewolf sniffing powers to track+watch Egan. If I'm reading my results right, he visited everyone. Huh.

Let's open up with a vote on Egan_BW for being so smelly. And apparently visiting everyone. Do explain.

Interesting indeed. I also received a message, which seems to be even more useless than your own:
"The Light of the Moon reveals, Masks begin to Clash.
Darkness envelops Truth, and all is struck down in Lies.
Only one shall remain clear in this day's Sun."

As for why investigating me proves un-helpful, I might offer some helpful information:
My role is named Unknowable.

Now, just getting a false answer like that seems pretty boring, though. I was expecting something a little more ‼Fun‼ from that way it was framed in my role. Oh well!
Oh yes, I should also note that anyone why mentioned my name yesterday may have a light headache at the moment. I apologize for not warning you, but I was worried about what might result from telling people not to use my name.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41