Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Dark Secret "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: GAME OVER! MAFIA WIN!  (Read 58581 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Blistering "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: FIRST DAWN
« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2018, 02:53:07 pm »

PPE: vote count, please.

Goddamn this is moving along quickly. What the hell we're meant to be in RVS until after D1 is extended guys. Going through it in order, so I'll ask questions that have probably already been answered, but ah well. Deal with it.

Also, wall.

IcyTea

Lynching the mod might not be a good idea.

Given we can apparently vote for the mod, this is suspicious.

...Huh, you're actually right. I guess that means there's no way to 100% prove that he's town, even with a day investigator.
We could kill him and subsequently revive him, but that'd probably be a waste of both kill and revive at this point of the game. It's a cold lead for hard data, and he reads slightly townish right now.

Does everyone have a revive, or are you just trying to find someone who does? :P

I get how it might be perceived as a waste of a revive, but not how he's so towny that it would also be a waste of a kill at this point. Is he your number 1 town pick, outside yourself?

Yeah, well, death serial killer miller. And 1-shot revive.
It's death miller, too? Even if you're not lying, you're on extremely thin ice, I hope you understand that.

This represents quite a shift in your thoughts. FoU was slightly town, now he's on thin ice?

Honestly we should just lynch Maximum Spin and revive him if he turns out town.
Before we do that, I'd like to see a votecount.

What did the votecount do for you?

We know there's 11 players. Not ten. 11.
If the extra player isn't Spin, I might have an idea. I'll keep it to myself for now, though.

Now, now, don't be holding out on us. What do you gain from doing that?

This is the entire reason that I ask to be investigated, after all! It would surely teach us all something new and potentially useful.
Bullshit. There's another reason, isn't there?

The open-ended "what's the real reason?" would be better here, as otherwise it allows your boy to get off the hook with a simple "no, there isn't".

RGU

If there are no day investigators, there's no way to prove that you aren't an hostile third party or scum.
If there can be a day-investigator, there can be a day-godfather. It's definitely a miller claim, but appearing innocent at day wouldn't confirm it.

...Huh, you're actually right. I guess that means there's no way to 100% prove that he's town, even with a day investigator.

You’re not suspicious of the players, but you are suspicious of the mod?

Kinda. I have a feeling this game is going to be very bastardy, so I can't really trust the mod a lot.

Right. But you set out very specifically to target the mod, which at the time seemed very foolish given that there's 9 other definite players you were ignoring in favour of justifying a vote for someone who is very likely to be not all that important in the end.

Why not? I'm not particularly suspicious of anyone else, so...

Maximum Spin

Like... it's a day into D1, any suspicions you have are tenuous at best, but you decide to put pressure on the mod instead of any of the other players. This does not make sense from a town POV.

Okay, if I'm unpacking that correctly, you investigate as mafia and have a win condition that states you need to be the last one alive.  Why shouldn't we just lynch you now?  Or have I misinterpreted your role?
He says he investigates as a serial killer(-like role), including on death. A policy lynch based on "if it quacks like a duck" is tempting, but not necessarily the best option.

You seem to be all over the place with FoU, man. Town and thin ice and nah let's not let him think we're interested in lynching him at this point.

Could you walk us through your thought process regarding him?

DA

Hello all. So I believe I have a way around the investigation weirdness that's going on. I have the ability to revive a lynched player, but I have to be the last one to vote for a lynched player to gain access to the ability. As such, I'm suggesting one of you (town for the plan I'm thinking of, but scum can get lynched as well if they want) volunteers to be lynched today, I put the last vote on you and then we'll have a confirmed town player when they come back to life tomorrow. The reason I'm laying this out now is mostly to avoid needless suspicion from me trying to get access to my revive, but the early advantage from having a flipped town player come back to life seems handy.

This is an interesting thing to reveal at this point. You encourage a townie to offer themselves up for the lynch while simultaneously providing a tacit reason for you to not participate in finding scum ("I was waiting for the town to come to a consensus on who to use my revive on") allowing you to avoid much suspicion from town lynches. "I was blocked!" provides a good enough reason for you to not have been able to revive the townie for the subsequent morn, also. A quick walkback on a simple gambit after people show they're disinclined to bite.

Delving deeper, though, maybe the gambit isn't so simple? You lay the work to allow you to jump on wagons at the last minute willy nilly and can claim you're only doing so to save a townie, but then claim that you were somehow blocked from getting the revive off.

Dang. the concept of voting

You forgot the vote count :P

TricMagic

I think I'll vote Hector then.

Love you too <3

Unvote: Hector

Well, at least people talk.
Bastardry happened, of course. We have plenty of information to chew on now. Hardly just a random vote phase with all this substantial conversation going on.
I mean, just look at me! I basically asked to be investigated, isn't that suspicious? Why not talk about me for a while?

Ahem. What I mean to say is, yes we have ended RVS so early. Partly because this isn't your mama's mafia, but mostly because we are simply the best playerbase. None better.

Why, Egan, it's almost as if you want us to have less data. Every bit helps.

A bizarre maneuver, however, since you didn't allow me to respond to the pressure and shifted it to someone who has ostensibly been shown to be more inclined toward sharing the information than not.

This is the entire reason that I ask to be investigated, after all! It would surely teach us all something new and potentially useful.
Bullshit. There's another reason, isn't there?

Why, of course~

Well, probably. My role includes a lot of question marks, but being investigated is definitely mentioned pretty prominently. I can only assume it does something. Who knows, maybe MaxSpin was just bluffing me out and the investigation will do nothing. But that in itself would be a notable result, would it not?

There is an easy way for me to find out.

What would that be?

FoU

Yeah, well, death serial killer miller. And 1-shot revive.
~~~
Yes, I know it's awfully convenient, but there's not really anything I can do about it.

Honestly we should just lynch Maximum Spin and revive him if he turns out town.

We know there's 11 players. Not ten. 11.

No, we know there are 11 residents of Clooneyville. How are you so sure the 11 residents are all players?

What do you think we should do about your convenient excuse that you can't? 'cause you claiming a revive is also awfully convenient in discouraging the town from wanting to vote for you.

Okay, if I'm unpacking that correctly, you investigate as mafia and have a win condition that states you need to be the last one alive.  Why shouldn't we just lynch you now?  Or have I misinterpreted your role?
When I said serial killer death miller, I meant I would come up as a serial killer upon death.

For the record, I'm not a serial killer. I'm town.

I think we were meant to assume as such when you said you were not scum? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It's death miller, too? Even if you're not lying, you're on extremely thin ice, I hope you understand that.
To be fair, I wasn't originally a werewolf. And yeah. Death miller. So... I guess all I can do is prove my towniness by hunting scum. Unless someone can pierce that veil?

In this game, that may prove hard. But I'll see what I can do.

Right. No. You say this and then don't do anything, so... why?

I mean, like I said to Rockeater, there's a handful of players that have done something at least worthy of a half-arsed pressure vote.

Um, please don't lynch our ability to lynch people. That would be bad.

To be fair, I wasn't originally a werewolf.

Does that mean that you're a werewolf now?  I'm not sure what that mean mechanically, but I can't imagine we'd want one in the town.
Mechanically? A lot of things. Like, it makes me good at basketball!

Dunno why, though.

You... uh... aren't really trying are you?

Rockeater

I know you are all aware of RVS so stop acting sostupid, Whatthe hell happend that we should all at least have a suspect now?

What the hell did you miss that you don't have at least 4 or 5 people to put pressure on at this point?

'cause you're thinking here:

Forgot to say, there could be twin aligned abilities that makes you want to be investigated, like investigation of the investigator.

But you think we should still be in RVS? I don't understand.

doomchild

I'm super confused.  Someone is trying to lynch a town only to revive them later, someone else wants to be investigated, and a bunch of people are trying to lynch the mod.  I'm having trouble deciding what is actual information and what is just bluster here.

Pick something and push on it. If you feel better about it, move on. Otherwise keep pushing.

Bearing in mind we're all watching you and judging you at the same time :P

Speaking of which, why did you choose FoU to question?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 29, 2018, 03:02:46 pm »

PPE: vote count, please.

Maximum Spin: (3 terrible traitors): Rockeater, Fallacy, and RGU
The spiders?: (1) IcyTea
Eggman Beta-Wau: (2) Thanatos, TricMagic
RGU: (1) heccy nums

sundry inanimate concepts: Although it would be deeply amusing to me to force you to lynch people by totalitarian dictatorship or drawing from a hat, I'm afraid I'm going to have to insist that things actually be in some sense alive for you to lynch them.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2018, 03:03:53 pm »

that was 4 hours in-between changes, Hector. And as for what I can do to check, I can always visit him at night.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 29, 2018, 03:06:58 pm »

Did... did you not notice people testing what they could vote for? 'cause I noticed that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2018, 03:07:18 pm »

that was 4 hours in-between changes, Hector. And as for what I can do to check, I can always visit him at night.
Hot.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 29, 2018, 03:07:32 pm »

Well, nearly so. 8:34 vs 12:11. 26 is 9, another 11, 37, and 3. So 3:37, give or take 36/11.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 29, 2018, 03:09:42 pm »

Exactly. No soap, radio.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 29, 2018, 03:13:09 pm »

Exactly. No soap, radio.
So he died, and she very imprudently married the barber.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 29, 2018, 03:13:27 pm »

So, what do ya wanna do with me after dark, Tric?~

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 29, 2018, 03:26:51 pm »

Sell stuff. Care for some Fruit? Or you could just confess all your sins, if you have any at least.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 29, 2018, 03:28:41 pm »

I've got lots of sins, where do you want me to start here?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 29, 2018, 03:29:50 pm »

You totaly missed the point of my second line, didn't you.

I was showing that all the role claims that were made (exept people claiming town) weren't saying anything on their alignmennt, how much information you can get from someone saying he's a miller, or that investigating him would do something, or that he could resurect people if he was the last to vote for them, some, but not enough to get a definitive deriction unless you have some information you're not sharing.
And by now we do have some intresting things, like lynching Max  :P
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 29, 2018, 03:35:12 pm »

*much in the first line, not anything
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 29, 2018, 03:45:53 pm »

So? I don't know how RVS is supossed to work, but a short post with a few words and a vote without any reasoning behind doesn't seem to accomplish anything at all.
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=On_The_RVS
*reads*

...Oh, I see. So they are supossed to be meaningless? That's kinda dumb to be honest but alright.

RGU

If there are no day investigators, there's no way to prove that you aren't an hostile third party or scum.
If there can be a day-investigator, there can be a day-godfather. It's definitely a miller claim, but appearing innocent at day wouldn't confirm it.

You’re not suspicious of the players, but you are suspicious of the mod?

Kinda. I have a feeling this game is going to be very bastardy, so I can't really trust the mod a lot.

Right. But you set out very specifically to target the mod, which at the time seemed very foolish given that there's 9 other definite players you were ignoring in favour of justifying a vote for someone who is very likely to be not all that important in the end.

Why not? I'm not particularly suspicious of anyone else, so...

Maximum Spin

Like... it's a day into D1, any suspicions you have are tenuous at best, but you decide to put pressure on the mod instead of any of the other players. This does not make sense from a town POV.

pfp, editing is a pain.

"Any suspicions you have are tenuous at best". Exactly. This is why I'm not voting another player yet. It's still too early to pick someone to be lynched and I'm not even sure when are others joking or being serious. Also, there seem to be 11 non-spiders, so lynching the mod might reveal something if it's possible.

And it might be fun. While one should always make an effort for the team they are part of and try as hard as possible to help their side (be it town or scum), one should be trying to have fun too. After all, this is just a game. But one should never put fun over their town/scum wincon and throw the game for their own amusement.

If you think that voting the mod might harm the town, then I will unvote. It might not make sense from a town POV, but it might as a player who is trying to do something to have fun.

(Now reading all of the posts I missed.)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 29, 2018, 03:58:41 pm »

Well, my role specific says town in it. So there's that.

What about the rest of you, what alignment?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41