Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Dark Secret "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: GAME OVER! MAFIA WIN!  (Read 58504 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Blistering "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: FIRST DAWN
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2018, 06:37:29 am »

Y’all need to color that red and bold it, so [b][color=red]<name of who you’re voting here>[/color][/b]

Why are we all voting for the mod?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2018, 06:47:51 am »

I investigate specifically as a werewolf.

Considering I know a way for people to investigate as fruit, it's not surprising that there would be weirdness like this.
~~~
Well. Voting's weird.

Fruit? I already feel bad for the investigators.

So you investigate as a werewolf during the night. Just the phase in which most roles (like investigators.) act. I'm not saying that there are no day investigators, but this is pretty much a miller claim. If there are no day investigators, there's no way to prove that you aren't an hostile third party or scum. Like hector13 said, it's awfully convenient.

Y’all need to color that red and bold it, so [b][color=red]<name of who you’re voting here>[/color][/b]

Why are we all voting for the mod?
Why not? I'm not particularly suspicious of anyone else, so...

Maximum Spin
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2018, 06:50:11 am »

You’re not suspicious of the players, but you are suspicious of the mod?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2018, 06:55:10 am »

Lynching the mod might not be a good idea.

If there are no day investigators, there's no way to prove that you aren't an hostile third party or scum.
If there can be a day-investigator, there can be a day-godfather. It's definitely a miller claim, but appearing innocent at day wouldn't confirm it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2018, 07:05:34 am »

Lynching the mod might not be a good idea.

If there are no day investigators, there's no way to prove that you aren't an hostile third party or scum.
If there can be a day-investigator, there can be a day-godfather. It's definitely a miller claim, but appearing innocent at day wouldn't confirm it.

...Huh, you're actually right. I guess that means there's no way to 100% prove that he's town, even with a day investigator.

You’re not suspicious of the players, but you are suspicious of the mod?

Kinda. I have a feeling this game is going to be very bastardy, so I can't really trust the mod a lot.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2018, 07:27:20 am »

...Huh, you're actually right. I guess that means there's no way to 100% prove that he's town, even with a day investigator.
We could kill him and subsequently revive him, but that'd probably be a waste of both kill and revive at this point of the game. It's a cold lead for hard data, and he reads slightly townish right now.

I vote to lynch Egan_BW because why not?
You're going to want to give a reason that will actually make people agree with you and/or put pressure on the target. "Why not?" does neither. Egan is acting slightly clownish, which isn't particularly suspicious this early in the game, and is actively creating discussion by revealing information about his role.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2018, 07:35:56 am »

Hello all. So I believe I have a way around the investigation weirdness that's going on. I have the ability to revive a lynched player, but I have to be the last one to vote for a lynched player to gain access to the ability. As such, I'm suggesting one of you (town for the plan I'm thinking of, but scum can get lynched as well if they want) volunteers to be lynched today, I put the last vote on you and then we'll have a confirmed town player when they come back to life tomorrow. The reason I'm laying this out now is mostly to avoid needless suspicion from me trying to get access to my revive, but the early advantage from having a flipped town player come back to life seems handy.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2018, 07:41:57 am »

That's a strangely specific ability, but helpful.

Note that if you don't use it on a town flip, you're next though.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2018, 07:56:30 am »

Hello all. So I believe I have a way around the investigation weirdness that's going on. I have the ability to revive a lynched player, but I have to be the last one to vote for a lynched player to gain access to the ability. As such, I'm suggesting one of you (town for the plan I'm thinking of, but scum can get lynched as well if they want) volunteers to be lynched today, I put the last vote on you and then we'll have a confirmed town player when they come back to life tomorrow. The reason I'm laying this out now is mostly to avoid needless suspicion from me trying to get access to my revive, but the early advantage from having a flipped town player come back to life seems handy.

There's the possibility that you're just trying to get the town to lynch an innocent. I would at least try lynching scum and reviving if we lynch incorrectly instead of intentionally lynching a townie to confirm them.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2018, 08:28:28 am »

There's the possibility that you're just trying to get the town to lynch an innocent. I would at least try lynching scum and reviving if we lynch incorrectly instead of intentionally lynching a townie to confirm them.
I agree. We don't want to lynch a "volunteer" if we can help it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2018, 08:34:36 am »

I think I'll vote Hector then.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2018, 10:23:27 am »

I think I'll vote Hector then.

...Would you mind giving a reasoning behind your vote?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2018, 10:27:17 am »

Failing to provide any reasoning for your vote is suspicious in itself. It may become easy to imagine that you know something the rest of us don't.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2018, 10:45:23 am »

Did we ended RVS so early?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2018, 10:54:30 am »

Failing to provide any reasoning for your vote is suspicious in itself. It may become easy to imagine that you know something the rest of us don't.

Not only that, but by not telling us the why behind the vote, the vote has no value. . It's meaningless and achieves nothing. What's the vote for? Why are you voting? It doesn't help the town because a vote without reasoning doesn't tell us anything at all. It's basically the same as a random vote.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41